G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Untold ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Domon! What happened? Where's Master Asia?" Allenby suddenly ran up to the Neo-Japan boy as he calmly got off his motorbike. "Domon?"

"The fights over. He ran off." He answered her as he walked past the young blue haired girl. He didn't really wanna talk about it after what he had heard. The entire way back Domon kept trying to piece everything together like: was she dead? And if so, where was she? Who took her? Was she injured somewhere?

"Ran off? From what I saw he just kinda stopped and took off like he was in a hurry to do something else. What happened, Domon?" she continued to question as she jogged up to catch up with him. As always, he looked annoyed and so much stuff probably clouding his mind. Why didn't he just talk and get a load off his chest sometimes?

"He must have been called back for something. So I followed him and it took me to where Wong was staying. I found where Rain was taken hostage." He said quietly and kept walking while Allenby stopped and looked at him in confusion.

"Okay...so that's great right? Why aren't you back here with her? You said you found where she is so where is she?"

She watched as Domon paused for a minute then looked back at her over his shoulder.

"She's gone. Evidently there was an attack on where they kept her. She either made it out alive thanks to someone who was with her or she died in the explosion." He tried to make it sound casual but his eyes held the truth. It was killing him inside to think that Rain could possibly be dead.

"You didn't stick around to look even?" Chibodee walked up with his arms crossed, glaring at Domon.

"Wong had said she was gone and that she might have escaped. What's there to stick around for?" Domon answered seeing how the other members of the alliance came up to him.

"Maybe for evidence of where maybe that person took Rain or if Rain did get killed OR maybe you could have given it a go and faced Wong and Master Asia!" Chibodee began to yell. He was getting tired of finding clues that looked positive and in the end it all ending with negatives.

But Domon just calmly walked away and never looked over his shoulder at them again. He wanted to be alone and think things through. He knew, in his heart, that Rain was alive. She HAD to be.

"It's starting to kill him." George finally spoke up.

"If not him then it sure as hell is killing me b/c he damn well don't show it!" the Neo-American man shouted and stumped away as George watched him with a sadden look. Domon was making this very complicated for Chibodee. He blamed himself for everything while Domon just found excuses. It should have been vice versa.

"Is Sis dead?" the young boy asked looking up at George but the Neo-France gave the Neo-China a comforting smile.

"Maybe not, Sai Saci. If she were, Domon would be going ballistic. He looks calm but then again Domon hides things well. Including his feelings."

Sai Saci nodded and watched as Domon walked clear out of sight and sighed. "I wish we could do something. For both Bro and Chibodee."

"Maybe in time we can do something. Domon found a big clue to Rain's whereabouts but then again, he didn't find her there at all." It was sad to say but George knew that Domon wouldn't let out any more information that he had only a few minutes ago. He was determined to do this on his own even if he didn't let it be known aloud.

** But Domon knew he couldn't ponder everyday of bad possibilities about Rain. He had a gut feeling she was alive and with that notion, he turned to Allenby and asked if she could help him in his training.

"Sure! I've been itching for a little sparring." She exclaimed as she got into Noble Gundam while he got into his Shining Gundam. "It's like we're partners, Domon!"

Domon didn't really answer as he headed towards Allenby, training with her to his fullest.

"C'mon, Domon! Show me all you got!" Allenby edged him on as he smirked.

"With plea..." he suddenly stopped immediately as he caught sight of a familiar figure. His heart started racing while he felt his breathing hasten. That couldn't be...

"Domon? Hey, what's up? Your gundam freeze or something?" Allenby spoke to him but noticed she wasn't getting any response. "Hey, are you okay in there?"

The opening of his gundam shot open and he jumped down to the ground not caring if he was still in his gundam attire and ran straight for where he had caught a glimpse of her. It had to be. No one could have looked so identical to Rain. That was her he knew it!

Running through a crowd, he caught sight of that brown hair and slim figure.

"Rain!" he called out in gasps as he continued to shove off the crowd annoying people in his wake but he didn't care. He had to get to her.

The woman stopped and turned those beautiful blues eyes at him and immediately he stopped only a few feet away from her. His heart continued to beat as he gasped for air. Never was he glad to see Rain Mikamura. But she didn't speak to him. Only looked at him in shock for a moment then her expression hardened.

"Hello, Domon. I didn't expect to see you so soon. Guess my chances were worth taking." She said icily. What was with her?

"Rain... where have you been?! God, I thought I would never see you again." He announced in exasperation.

"I thought so too. And my premonitions were proven correct. Not only did you fail in looking for me but you found yourself a new partner as well. Well, I'm happy for you." Her voice was hard and accusing as Domon straightened his stance and looked at her. She seemed so angry and heartbroken at the same time. "How long would it have taken you to find a new partner if you would have found me but I would have been dead, Domon? A week? Or maybe not even that. I give it a few days. Is she good with mechanics? Do you compliment her in her works and her efforts?"

Domon was shocked by the tone of her voice. "Rain, what are you talking about?"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about!" she swore at him her eyes beaming with anger as she faced him nose to nose almost. He had to back away a few inches. "I could have been killed! Several times I could have! And where were you? You were out with another woman training with her and developing a new relationship while I was stuck in a cell literally rotting in there! I knew you were insensitive, Domon but I didn't know how heartless you could be!" she spat at him.

Domon was at a lost for words almost. "What just a second. I was looking for you! The entire Shuffle Alliance was out looking for you. We never abandoned you. And as for Allenby, she was helping to find you too." He tried to ease her down some but he was only adding fuel to the fire.

Rain stuck her nose in the air and crossed her arms. He had never seen her so mad. "All is said and done now. Seitt was the one who saved me. You know, the one that loved me way back in college school. Well, he still does and guess what else? He asked me to marry him."

Domon could have been knocked off his feet by a feather. "What?"

"And by the look of things, Domon Kasshu, I may very well except his proposal!" she barked out again while her fists clutched.

Domon had to search for a breath to take and when he did, he found it wasn't enough to ease his panicking heart in his chest. Rain couldn't possibly...

But then his pride got the better of him.

"Go ahead, Rain. Go get hitched. That's the last thing I care about right now. I've got gundam's to fight and try and find a way to get rid of the Dark Gundam. I don't have time wasting precious time on your personal matters. Your getting married might be a blessing in my view." She spat back at her not realizing the hurt that was developing in her eyes.

So there was the truth after so long. He really didn't care and for some reason hearing it in person made it so much worse. Anger and hurt boiled within her and before she could stop herself, she slapped him hard across the face. He didn't try to stop her, only just kept his face in the direction it went when she hit him.

"You broke my heart for the last time, Domon. I will not stand around and let it shatter to pieces but you don't care about that either do you? I hope you have a happy life." She gave one more sorrowful look and turned quickly away and disappeared into the crowd.

Standing there feeling suddenly cold alone, he watched as Rain...no, his Rain walked away from him for the last time. She was walking away from a life she had into a life she never said she wanted. She never said she loved Seitt. Only that he loved her

He shook his head furiously as he rubbed the cheek that had been stricken. What he did he care anyway? He spent weeks upon weeks looking for her and what thanks does he get? A slap across the face and accusations thrown at him. Well, no more! He was going to move on and forget about her once and for all! He'd rather be damned to hell than try and stop her!

** Rain leaned against a brick wall and buried her face in her hands while she slid down to the ground crying out her entire heart. Why did it hurt so much? She had expected all that but why was it bringing her near the brink of hysterics? How many times had she put her heart on the line only to have it crushed by one sharp remark from Domon? No, it was more than remarks. It was also the look he gave her just now. The looks of sudden hate and disgust as if he rathered she died in that small, stinky cell.

Well damn him if he thought so! Damn him for hating her! Damn him for hurting her! For the misery! For the heartache! The love she had for him! The love that will probably never leave her heart! Damn him for keeping a large sum of her heart!!

It was final. She was going to marry Seitt and move on with her life. He had so why shouldn't she?

Straitening her back, she wiped furiously at the tears falling from her eyes and raised her chin and headed back to where she came from. The protection of Seitt.