G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Are You Afraid of the Dark? ❯ Past Encounters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

By: Forever-Heartless

Chapter 1: Past Encounters

<George>

"Mommy," said a small five year old boy with red hair, pulling on the blankets of his parents bed, "There's someone in my room." "There's no one in your room." muttered his mother. George climbed up on the bed and said, "Yes there is. She's tall with long hair, red eyes, and a stick with a moving snake head on it." His mother sighed and got out of bed. She walked with him down the hall to his room. When she got there she turned on the light and looked around.

"See, George, there there's no one here." she said. George climbed into his bed and said, "She's hiding."

"George, there is no one hiding in your room," she said, "Now go to sleep." "Don't turn off the light." said George. His mother looked at him for a second, then turned off the light and closed the door behind her. George pulled his teddy bear in front off him and hid behind it. Then he heard an eerie voice say, "Awe, are you afraid of the dark?"

George lowered his bear and saw the girl he had seen before. Her long dark hair fell to her waist, her blood red eyes staring at him, her silver, snake head cane hissing . She was kind of hard to see in the dark wearing all black clothing. Her eyes were the thing you could see the best. They seem to glow in the dark to strike more fear into you. "Wh-who are you?" George asked. She ran her fingers down the snake head and said, "I have been called many names, but the one that kind of stuck to me is Nightmare." She walked over to George. He tried to hide behind his bear but she pulled it away from it.

"You know, George," she said in a whisper," You're a very special little boy. You'll come to see it in good time. You and four others. You'll meet the others someday and you'll gain a great power." George turned his head and said, "Please go away." " I'll go away forever, if you give me what I want." she said. "Wh-what do you want?" George asked. She gave him back his bear and said, "You're a smart lad. You'll figure it out." Her snake cane hissed loudly and he hid under his covers. After a few minuets he uncovered himself. She had disappeared. He jumped out of bed and ran back to his parents room.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------

<Chibodee>

A small boy with blue hair crept around his room with a baseball bat. "I know you're here somewhere." he said. Someone behind him pulled the bat out of his hands. He turned around and saw Nightmare. "Little boys should be in bed this time of night." she said with a smirk. He ran and hid under his bed. Nightmare pulled him out and set him on his bed. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you," she said, "I just want to talk to you." "About what?" asked Chibodee. "You're rather brave for a five year old. You're very special too."

"Special?" asked Chibodee. Nightmare nodded and said, "You will someday have a great power. You and four others, who you'll meet later. Together, you could someday save the world." The two sat in silence for a few minutes. "Are you going to go away yet?" asked Chibodee in an annoyed voice. "I'll go away forever if you give me what I want." "Well, what do you want?" he asked. She put his bat on the floor, patted him on the head and said, "You'll figure that out all in good time." She walked over to his open window and jumped out. Chibodee stared out the window for a second.

Then he ran to his parents room. He started jumping on the bed and said, "Guess what, guess what? This scary lady in my room said I will get a great power and save the world." His dad sat up and asked, "Where did this lady go?" Chibodee sat down and said, "She jumped out my window."

<Domon>

Domon sat up and scanned the room. Looking for any movement. After he found nothing he tried to go back to sleep. After a few minutes he heard it again. He looked around his room again. As he was looking the hissing became louder. He pulled the covers up over his head. When he did this the hissing stopped abruptly. He slowly pulled the blankets off and looked around again. A shadow was moving across the wall. It then slid onto the floor and under his bed. He jumped out of bed and backed away. He watched to see what had went under there. Nothing moved.

He slowly walked toward it. He got down on his hands and knees and looked under his bed. "Nothing," he muttered to himself, "It was just my imagination." He stood up and sighed. Then he felt a small tongue on the back of his neck. He turned around quickly and saw a snake's head. He looked up and was looking into Nightmare's blood red eyes. "Who are you? What do you want?" "Who I am isn't important. You'll figure out want I want in time," she said, "So will four others. And like them you're special." "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Someday you'll get a great power. With it you could do great things." she said walking around him. "So, you mean, I could be a great super hero?" "Of course. But just remember, every great super hero has a great enemy. They'll fight and sometimes the hero does fall." Nightmare said with an evil look in her eyes. Domon backed away and hid under his covers. A few minutes later he looked out and she was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------

<Sai Saici>

A small one year old boy was lying in his crib, staring up into Nightmare's eyes as she looked at him with a wicked smile. She chuckled and said to him, "You know, I could take what I want from you right now and no one would think anything of it." Sai stared at her with a puzzled look. "But it wouldn't be any fun now. You're very luck, child. I'll just wait awhile longer. Until you're old enough to figure out what I'm after."

Sai still stared at her blankly. "You're a special child. I know you'll give me what I want along with one other one." Sai reached out and smiled at her. "Yes. I know you'll give me what I want." She chuckled once again before disappearing into the shadows.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

<Argo> ;

"What's the matter? Can't you talk?" Nightmare asked a kid sitting in front of her. The kid said nothing. "You can tell now you're going to be the strong, silent kind of guy. It won't be easy getting what I want from you." Argo raised an eyebrow. "No matter. I'll get it from you anyway." she said standing up and turning to leave. "What?" he asked. "You'll figure it out in time. You and the four others." "Why do you want something from us?" he asked. "You're special. I want something from all special people. Something to remember them by," she said, "Remember me, boy. I'll be back. And when I come back I'll get my 'souvenirs '." She walked into the shadows and disappeared.