G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Fighter G Gundam: Requiem ❯ By Her Side ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Prologue

It has been nearly twenty years since the calamity of the Dark Gundam and Ulube Ishikawa attempted to take over humanity. Following the conclusion of such a disastrous event, the United Colonies Federation did all they could to cover up the incident with the Dark Gundam. This was easier said than done as many witnesses came forward to speak the truth. After such an event, the Gundam fight was the hot topic amongst everyone. Should it continue? Was it worth it? What are the benefits? Well, the answers of course varied as everyone had differing opinions. However, those at the top had the greater voices and the largest pockets resulting in the continuation of the quadrennial clash of nations.

In these 20 years, Domon Kashu and Rain have had three children with their eldest being a daughter named Misao Kashu. Misao looked up to her father immensely, taking up Martial Arts under the School of the Undefeated of the East mantra. She strived to become stronger than ever, just like her father. With the world seemingly back to normal, Misao made it her mission to enter the coveted Gundam Fight one day.

 

December 15, FC 79.

“Cut the crap, father and fight me for real, exclaims Misao as she dashes toward Domon. They exchange a series of blows, knocking down several trees surrounding them. Domon backs away and then lunges a kick at her to which she avoids by backflipping to the other side of the land. Domon stops and looks at his watch, “I think this sparring match is over. I have things to do”, he says to her, turning his back and heading toward their home. “Again?”, Misao says under her breath with an annoyed look. “Don’t scold him too long, he’s a busy man”, says Swartz, one of her younger brothers.” “Nah, he’s just getting old and is tired”, her other younger brother Kyoji quips with a laugh. The twins walk next to Misao as she sits on the ground to take a breath.

“I’d give up early too if I’ve been fighting as long as he has, Kyoji says handing Misao a rag to wipe her face. Kai is holding a tablet and writing notes. “Well, this sparring match will be good data to enter into your battle logs for your Gundam”, Kai says.

Swartz and Kyoji are two years younger than Misao, with both boys taking a liking to research and analytics. “Sis, you don’t have long before you must leave for the Gundam fight. I think father may just be worried about you”, Swartz advises. Misao looks at her younger brother, believing he may be right.

“Hey! Misao!”, a voice from afar calls out to her. “Oh gosh, here comes lover boy,”, Kyoji jokes, making both he and his brother laugh. Misao does a swipe kick and trips them both before standing to give them a serious look. “Which one of you wants to fight first”, she says looking down at them. The boys quickly get up and run before she slams her fist in the ground. “Ah, I guess they must have said something stupid again”, acknowledges Horatio, who is now standing next to Misao. Horatio is Misao’s childhood friend who came from the New Zealand colonies when he was a child. His mother is a doctor who befriend Misao’s mother, Rain. Misao grinds her teeth as she watches her brothers scurry away laughing. “They grind my gears”, she remarks. Horatio laughs and pats her on the shoulder. “Friend, you gotta loosen up. Don’t be so stiff all the time”, he tells her with a chuckle. “Anyway, I finished tuning up the Mashin Gundam and our support transport. We’re all set to leave at the beginning of the new year”, Horatio informs her, handing her a report. “When can I see the finished product? I haven’t been able to see the Gundam since you started reworking the frame.”, she asks while skimming through the paperwork. “Soon. Don’t worry, the Gundam will truly suit you”, he says as he nudges her.

As the two continue chatting, Swartz runs outside in a panic and runs toward them. “Horatio! Horatio, sh-she’s missing!” he yells as he frantically tries to find his wording. “What are you talking about, kiddo? Who’s missing?” Swartz reaches them and catches his breath. “There was an assault on Takihana Laboratory! Several people are injured, mother included. Some are dead. Your mother has disappeared, Horatio”, he lets out with a broken voice. Without hesitation, both Misao and Horatio immediately took off. “Wait you fools, you can’t just go to an unauthorized area, regardless of our status as a family”, Swartz yells. Kyoji joins Swartz who is visibly shaken as he is finishing up a conversation on his transmitter. “Father is also heading to the lab. Luckily I was able to reach him”. “How could this happen? What the hell is going on here?!”, Swartz says. They both look at each other and run in the direction their sister and friend went.

 

January 23, FC 80.

It has been a month since the incident at the Takihana Laboratory. The scene of the incident was unlike anything Misao has ever witnessed. So much chaos as people were brough out on stretchers or laid outside and covered. Several highly important classified documents and files were missing, leading to detectives to believe that was the motive behind the incident.

Rain is sitting under a shaded area in the yard with her arm in a sling. The incident drudged up many old wounds, mentally. The 18th Gundam fight had commenced with the nation Neo Napal already being disqualified due to a battle with Neo England. Misao has yet to leave as she is worried about her mother’s safety. Unfortunately, the whereabouts of Horatio’s mother are still unknown. Through all of the chaos that ensued at the facility, she and a fellow Doctor disappeared with the remnants of blood left in both of their offices. Horatio has not been around since then.

Watching their mother were the Kashu siblings in close proximity. “Our country has been threatening to find a new pilot for the Mashin Gundam if we don’t quickly leave for Neo Italy”, Swartz tells Misao. “How can I leave when our mother has barely said a damn word in several weeks”, she quickly returns. Misao glances at her mother and then her brothers. “I want to kill the bastards that did this to us. Why her? Why now?!”, she cried out. “I’d like nothing but to get my hands on whoever it was that did this but is it worth giving up now”, asked Kyoji. “He’s right, sis. You’ve worked hard to prove yourself capable of being the next Gundam Fighter for Japan”, says Swartz.

“They’re both right, ya know. You can’t stay here forever. Afterall, this has been your dream”, a familiar voice says from behind. “Horatio”, Misao says with tears in her eyes as she turns around. She quickly approaches and hugs him. “I haven’t seen or heard from you since that day. You had left after no one could give us any answers”, she recapped. “I’m sorry. I needed time”, Horatio remarks. “You have always wanted to follow in your dad’s footsteps to become a great champion for New Japan. Don’t give that up now”, Horatio advises. Misao shakes her headed in disagreement but before she could say anything, her father is now standing next to her. “I agree”, Domon says as he begins to walk toward Rain. “While it troubles us that you’ll be going out into the world to fight, I know this is what you have always wanted”, Domon tells his daughter. He walks toward his wife and kneels in front of her. She looks at him and sheds a tear. “Your mother agrees, although she’s hurting right now. I will stay by her side as I promised years ago.” Domon stands and turns toward Horatio. “You must want to go out and find your mother, am I right?” Horatio gives a look of shock and then bows his head to hide his face. “I promised to be there for Misao as her support throughout this journey so I don’t want to take those words back now. However, I must find my mother. I know she is alive,” Horatio tells the Kashu’s. “There are some who believe she was the cause of the assault on the laboratory due to it being some of her work that went missing. I’d like to dispel those rumors”, Horatio says. They all go silent out of respect. Suddenly, Domon hands Horatio a folder. "Australia. I've been doing some investigating myself and your mother has been spotted there", Domon tells him as he opens the folder. He removes a series of files and photographs. Before Horatio can say anything, Misao has already said it for him. "We will not be going to Hong Kong first as planned", she says. Horatio looks up in amazement and nods in agreement. 

Misao then walks toward her mother and kneels beside her. She looks at her mother and holds her hand. “We’ll do it. I’ll find those responsible and also gain the victory for our country”, she assures her mother. Horatio continues to bow his head, clutching his fists to mask his sorrow and anger. The twins look at each other and smile. Swartz calls for the carrier transport, prompting a large transport vehicle to land from the sky. “So, you guys had it ready all along?”, Misao questions the boys. “Of course. What kind of support would we be if we were never prepared?”, Kyoji says back. “Horatio left the final plans for the Gundam in the hangar and we knew it needed to be finished.” Kyoji snaps and the carrier hangar begins to open, revealing a sapphire red and gold Gundam with a slim frame and wings reminiscent of a phoenix. Misao looks in wonder, finally able to see her Gundam. She recounts her practices in her father’s older Gundam’s but now she had one of her own. “It definitely fits you”, Domon quips. Misao chuckles and then kisses her mother’s forehead.

“Misao. Please be safe my love”, Rain says to her daughter as she walks away. Misao freezes and smiles at her mother, nodding. Misao was glad to have heard her mother speak before she left. “Kyoji. Swartz. Take care of your sister”, Domon says as he hugs his children, even extending a hug to Horatio. He pulls Misao to the side and gives her one last piece of advice. “Try to stay level headed and keep a serene state of mind when piloting your Gundam. Anger can only take you so far”, Domon says. She nods and turns toward the carrier, following after Horatio and her brothers.  

Domon begins to have thoughts of his journey during his first Gundam fight and what occurred. “She’s ready”, he tells Rain. Rain sheds a tear; “Yes”, she says as the carrier takes off. 

 

Next time, "Australia". Stay tuned!