Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ To see you smile. ❯ Fixing a bad dream. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Document Opened: 07/20/2007, 06:29am.
Authors Note:
I actually started this in my my notebook, riding in the car between 06:31-06:50pm yesterday.

I got a few lines in and well I'll be finishing it here.:).

Oh, and just to clear up about the fact that this and 10_Hugs are still getting updated, even though there listed as complete. I list them that way since none of the drabbles/one-shots connect to each other.

This won't be done until I have reached 30. and for
10_Hugs...well 10.

For the 30_Smiles community over at LiveJournal.

Theme/Prompt: No.22.: Cheer up! or Stop crying.
This will include elements of both.

Disclaimer:Kazuya Minekura owns Saiyuki. Not I said the writer.;p.

This is pre-journey, when Goku is still the same age he was when Sanzo freed him. So chibi-Goku.
////////////

Here is an important message. Remove spaces for link.
Please support Net Neutrality. For more information visit:

http:// www . savetheinternet . com


It was currently nighttime in Shangri-La. Almost everyone in town was asleep, save for some, who were enjoying the night.

At the Chang'an temple, nearly everyone was asleep as well. Well, almost all, except for one who was not up by choice. This young one was sitting up in his bed, in the slightly darkened room. Tightly holding his pillow to his chest and really only wanting one thing there with him. But that couldn't be done since he wasn't supposed to be back until tomorrow.

He had awoken with a start after some kind of nightmare, he couldn't quite remember what. But it left him feeling scared and at the moment he also felt a bit alone.

He was trying to hold back a couple of tears that were threatening to fall from his golden eyes.
///////////

Since it was so late he was able to get into the temple easily.
His mission ended earlier than expected and so he started back earlier that evening. He was on his way to his room, he knew he would have to deal with the Sanbutsushin and a hyperactive monkey probably asking him a thousand questions tomorrow.

Speaking of which he stopped in front of said monkey's door, he thought he heard something coming from the room.
'Probably just muttering in his sleep or something.'

He was about to continue when he heard it again, it sounded like a sniffling noise. That was odd since this wasn't the first time he left the boy here while off attending to some task from the Sanbutsushin.

He could leave and pass it off as the kid probably talking in his sleep, and just as easily as thought came, it went. He was already carefully turning the doorknob.
///////

He didn't think he was going to sleep again anytime soon, like he had done many times before, he sat and waited for the sun to rise. That would mean Sanzo would be back soon and maybe he could forget the bad feeling from the dream.

He was lost in those thoughts and didn't hear his door open.
"Goku?"
///////////

Upon opening the door he saw the boy sitting up in the bed looking different than normal. "Goku?"

Slightly watery gold eyes looked up in surprise. and the next thing Sanzo knew Goku was clinging to him like a lifeline.

"It was awful! I had a really bad dream and I can't remember what, but it was bad and I woke up and it was still dark and I felt scared."

The boy had said that fairly fast and Sanzo was only able to catch a couple of words that were 'Bad dream' and 'Scared'.
Goku apparently had a nightmare, He sighed. He couldn't just whack him with harisen for being hyper.
So he opted for something his master had done with him when he had similar problem, when he was just a little younger than Goku.

Goku had let go and Sanzo sat on the boy's bed and Goku came and sat near Sanzo. "So, you had a nightmare?"

"Yeah, but I don't remember what it was about though."
He was starting to feel better now that Sanzo was here. He wasn't alone anymore.

"Then how do you know it was a bad dream if you don't remember what it was about?"

" 'Cause when I woke up I was scared."

Sanzo gave out another minor sigh. "Look, just go to sleep and you'll forget about it that way."


"But what if it comes back?"

"I doubt it will. Just try and sleep.Think of meatbuns or something."

"Okay....."

The boy seemed a little hesitant for a moment. Sanzo knew that look. he had a similar reaction when it was him and his master. "I'll stay until you go to sleep."

Goku had to some surprise of Sanzo's part hugged him and smiled brightly.
Sanzo could only temporarily wonder why he had done this. This was something more or less for a parent or a sibling to do. He glanced over at Goku who had fallen asleep beside him.

He shifted lightly in his seat, he started to doze off
there as well.
///////////

Authors Note:
Longest thing I've wrote for this so far.:).
I may change a couple of parts in here later on.
Well I gotta go.

Many thanks for the reviews in this so far.==^-^==.
Have a good day or night or both or whatever.==^-^==.
07/20/2007, 08:35am.