Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Sympathy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

IV. SYMPATHY/REGENERATION
 
A.
 
Hazel taunts Sanzo. “You'll be in trouble without your important youkai friends, ne, Sanzo?”
 
Sanzo lights a cigarette. “They're not my friends. I don't care if they live or die… This cockroach water imp is just following me on his own. I didn't ask him to come with me…”
 
Gojyo explodes, leaning down to hurl abuse directly at Sanzo's face. “Following you?!? Don't call me your addition, dammit!”
 
Sanzo gives the kappa a sexy grin. He reaches up to caress Gojyo's chin. “No? All right… Can I call you baby?”
 
“Sanzo…” Gojyo groans.
 
“Gojyo!” Sanzo moans.
 
“Sanzo!”
 
“Gojyo!”
 
“Sanzo…”
 
“Gojyo…”
 
Goku covers his eyes. “They're at it again, Hakkai…”
 
Hakkai laughs weakly, standing up and spreading his arms in a futile attempt to shield the lovers from view.
 
Hazel's eyes pop, Hazel stammers, Hazel grows icy with jealousy at the picture the two present, totally oblivious to the world: Gojyo straddling Sanzo's lap, Sanzo bent back in the chair, his arms clasped fiercely around the kappa. Gojyo's hands are threaded possessively through shining gold hair. They kiss lustily, murmuring, gasping, moaning into each other's mouths.
 
Hakkai has to create a force field when a green-eyed, beet-faced Hazel with steam spouting from his ears orders Gato to shoot IKINAHARE, DAMMIT!!!
 
With everybody else thus occupied, the monkey eats to his heart's content.
 
 
B.
 
Gojyo collapses on the bed, hands pulling at his hair, kicking his heels. “Gawds. I'm so irritated at what Hazel said! It's total annoying nonsense, man! Darn it darn it darn it!!!”
 
“Hmm?” Sanzo crushes out his cigarette and walks over to the kappa. “Are you frustrated? Poor baby…”
 
“Not again!” Goku groans, dropping his head on the table.
 
“Yare yare… you two should get a room…” Hakkai tuts.
 
“Eh? I thought we did, Hakkai?” Big red question marks dance over Goku's head.
 
“It's an expression, Goku,” Hakkai explains.
 
Knock-knock!
 
Hakkai opens the door a crack. “Hai?”
 
Fumika's father in law is scandalized to glimpse the big tough guy pillowed on the icy pretty priest's lap, as the latter combs his fingers lovingly through crimson hair and plants teasing kisses on the former's pouting, frustrated lips.
 
Hakkai scratches his head. “A… he he he…”
 
 
C.
 
“I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye,” Hakkai frets, as he gets in the driver's seat.
 
“We can't say thank you if he isn't here. Ikuzo!” Sanzo orders.
 
“Eh, just `do what the human says, demons', is that right, Sanzo-Sama?” Gojyo sneers.
 
Sanzo rears up and faces the kappa, scowling. “How about do what your lover says, or no nookie tonight, baka erogappa?!?”
 
Gojyo glares.
 
Sanzo glowers.
 
They both bark at Goku.
 
“Get in the front seat, bakazaru!” Gojyo growls.
 
“Get over here, stupid monkey!” Sanzo rasps.
 
Hakkai shakes his head ruefully, and Goku yelps in protest. Sanzo pulls the gun to the kid's head. Goku yelps and clambers over the seat. He whines as they exchange places.
 
“Kill… kill… kill all demons!!!” The mindless idiots surround them in droves.
 
“Haaarrrr!!!” Goku charges.
 
Hakkai glances helplessly at the entangled, liplocked figures in the backseat. “You guys, this is no time for your embarrassing PDAs!” he yells desperately as the zombies close in.
 
Up on the roofs, Hazel dances, cackling madly. Gato has to catch him as he slips dangerously on the shingles, purple with rage and jealousy. He screeches.
 
“Forget the smiling fool and the idiot monkey dammit! Kill those two bastards in the jeep!!!”
 
“Goku!” Hakkai shouts frantically. “Sanzo - Goku!!!” as Goku goes limp in Fumika's grasp.
 
Gojyo groans in protest when Sanzo tears his mouth away. The kappa settles for planting hot, mad, wet kisses on Sanzo's throat as the priest chants in a hurry.
 
“Makaii…TENJOU!!!”
 
Flash of light. Silence. Emptiness. Sanzo turns back to lock lips with Gojyo once more.
 
Hakkai has had enough. He commands Hakuryu to transform. Sanzo and Gojyo crash to the ground, bumping noses. They pay no heed.
 
Hakkai and Goku tramp wearily back to the inn for a long soak, plus lots of replenishing food for the monkey, and lots of mind-numbing sake for the healer. Goku looks back at the kappa and the priest, still entangled.
 
“Are those two bonkers or what, ne, Hakkai?” Goku asks.
 
“Well…” Hakkai ponders. “You see, Goku, they're like ants.”
 
“Ants?” The bright red question marks pop over Goku's head once more.
 
“Yes,” confirms Hakkai merrily. “Next time you see ants, Goku, observe them closely. You'll see them kissing whenever they meet each other. It's their nature. It's a mindless compulsion. That's all.”
 
“Huh.” Goku shoots a dark glance to the two oblivious lovers, still kissing drunkenly in the dust. The question marks transform to exclamation points. “I wish they really were ants, then. So I could crush them under my boot!”
 
“Now, now, Goku…”
 
Behind them come passionate murmurs.
 
“Sanzo!”
 
“Gojyo!”
 
“Sanzo…”
 
“Gojyo…”
 
Hazel drops to his knees and beats wildly at the roof. Gato shakes his head.