Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ A Goddess Reborn ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Goddess Reborn

(A Saiyuki Fanfic)

Prologue



The Goddess of Change


It was the hallway of the goddess palace it was empty The Catalyst Goddess wandered the halls looking for an exit. She could feel something wasn’t right before she stopped suddenly feeling a familiar presence and looking over her shoulder seeing the ying yang cape and black purple hair and then those eyes as they looked at her she found herself up against the wall.

“Homura…”

He stopped and looked at her and then she felt his hand on her shoulder. “Dagas it’s okay, I know you don’t have to sneak around when I’m about. Though you always have the worst taste in men.” He let out a laugh it was a familiar laugh, nothing typically Homura, but more friendly something a family member would only let out in the presence of a sibling.

“Your powers are increasing I can understand the need to get out of this place, it bores me too.” He let go of her shoulder and he walked off.

Dagas raced after him throwing her arms round him from behind and she could feel the tears they were so emotional, it hurt.

“If you have to go I understand, but no matter where you go I’ll find you and try my best to protect you… sister.” He slipped from her arms and walked off down the hallway.

‘I think I understand now, megami how do I explain this to the others…’ Dagas realised in thought.

She turned round and found another passage way to walk down it was like she was destined to find a way out, she just had to find a good way out that was unnoticeable.

“Going somewhere honey?” Dagas stopped and looked over at Kenren leaning up against the wall.

“Kenren… I… uh…” She looked down.

“It’s typical isn’t it… the Goddess of change wants a change herself.” He smiled and looked at her before grabbing her hand and pulling her up to his chest, she was spun around until she was up against the wall and he was holding her hands at her side.

“I understand that you have to go, but like your half brother I’ll find you and follow you where possible, we’re joined Dag.” She found herself blushing as he kissed her, and Dagas found her self pulling back suddenly, things were confusing but so hard and she touched the side of his face and he smiled.

“I’ll follow to where I can reach so you won’t be alone.” He stepped back. “There’s an exit this way, have you picked out the human host you want to be born from?” He looked at her.

Dagas just found herself nodding.

“Good I’ll look for this mark when I get there…” He touched the back of her right shoulder on her tattoo before looking at her and then he pushed her through the exit and all was white.



-|--------|-



The Goddess of Women’s Mysteries



Kenren found himself wandering the halls of the Palace of the Gods and he let out a sigh. “Damnit… Why’d I let her go?”

“Who’d you let go?” A familiar voice asked.



An ‘ack’ managed to escape his mouth before he saw one of Dagas’ Goddess friends. ‘Oh great.’ He thought. ‘Why’d I shove her out the door?’

“Who’d you shove out the door?” She asked pulling the hood of her cape back to reveal her face shaking her head letting her purple hair fall out of it’s restrictions.

“Hey how’d you do that?” He remarked looking at her.

“Do what?” She feigned innocence.

“That?”

“What?”

“Read my thoughts.” He glared at her.

“Oh that.” She waved her hand about nonchalantly. “It’s a secret.” She smiled.

Kenren raised an eyebrow at her. ‘Damn the mystery Goddess… I hate how she does that, and not even the merciful Goddess knows how she does it.’

“That’s cause it’s a mystery…”

“Kana!! Will you stop that?!” He let out a frustrated exclamation.




‘Berkana the Goddess of Women’s Mysteries and even she’s a mystery.’ He huffed in thought. ‘I don’t know how Dagas put up with her, at least she won’t have to anymore.’

Berkana gave him a sidelong glance before Kenren slapped his forehead remembering she was able to read his thoughts only a few seconds before and quickly shuffled down the hall.

“Where’s Dee gone?” She asked.

“Nowhere…” He replied before making a bolt down the hallway.

Berkana glared after him. “Oh no you don’t! Get back here!!!” She started chasing him down the hallway.



Tenpou watched as the two raced past and he let out a cheery smile. “Well making the hallways lively again are we Kana?” He asked followed by a chuckle.

She stopped suddenly and looked down her cheeks blushing a bright red.

Kenren stopped running and he placed his hand up against the wall to balance himself before gasping for air.

“It’s not like that.” Kana muttered not looking up.

“Well at least she’s distracted now.” Kenren remarked before slipping in to a room a few doors over while she wasn’t looking.

“Well you seem to have lost Kenren.” Tenpou smiled again.

“Oh no he’s through that door there.” She motioned.

Tenpou just smiled. “It never ceases to amaze me how you could know that when you weren’t even looking.”

Kana shuffled her feet nervously. “Well… it’s… you know.” She shrugged sheepishly.

“Actually I wouldn’t know but I’ll just smile, nod and say I do and that’ll make it fine. Kenren I’d find another room if I were you.” He called out.

“Damnit!”

“Just tell me where did Dagas go?!” Kana shouted.

There was a reluctant sigh come from the other side of the door. “She left, said she wanted a change.” He replied through the door.

“And she left without us?!” Kana exclaimed. “That bitch. That’s it we’re going after her!”

“We?!” Kenren shouted through the door.

“Not you, as if I’d let you near her, Homura would kill us! Me and Lay we’re going after her together!” Kana announced.

“And how do you plan on getting to earth from here without being detected?” Tenpou asked.

Kana smiled. “Hehe I’m not telling.”



-|--------|-



The Goddess of Occult and Sex


Homura sat on the throne of his part of the palace as he watched Berkana spurting out everything she could have got from that idiot Kenren. What his sister saw in such a guy was beyond him.

“So we want to go after her…” Berkana finished.

“Oh Homura Sama…” Laguz let out a lovesick sigh and he smiled at her. She covered her face to hide the flush, it was obvious what she thought of him, as it was with the other Gods from other religions the Goddess of love or sex seemed to almost always fall for the war God. “You’ll think of something won’t you?”



Homura just smiled. “I’m amazed you two came to me first instead of the merciful Goddess as you know I’m not as merciful as she is.”

“But you’re her sister, she is your responsibility aren’t you?!” Laguz suddenly snapped before covering her face that became flushed with embarrassment.

“Well then, I think it’s best for her, better reborn than dying of boredom up here.” Homura replied.

“But I’m bored too.” Laguz mumbled, ‘some of the men are just to dull.’



Homura stood up from his throne and he walked up to the two Goddess’s they always seemed to drag his sister in to their group when they wanted excitement and that normally meant he was more than likely a target of their boredom, which meant pranks, like the time he found his favourite cape tie dyed. He looked at the two of them, they didn’t have his sister to hide behind anymore and she was off ready to start a new life as a mortal and suddenly he smiled. Perhaps he could make his sister’s new life a bit more interesting.

“Well then Kana… Lay… I think you know what I’m going to say.”

Berkana smiled. “Follow her right?”

“Yet you want my permission. You have it go make life for my sister a bit more interesting.”

Laguz looked at Homura. “Oh Homura Sama I’m going to miss you though.”

He walked up to her leaning close by her ear before giving it a little nip. “When I get bored I’ll come and find the three of you, you can bet on it. Just wait until then.”



Laguz went bright red as she held her ear and Berkana started fake coughing in the background ‘coughgetaroomcough’.

“Shuddup…” Laguz whined.

“C’mon lets go I know the perfect exit.” Berkana looked at her.

“Oh yeah right you’re sense of direction is almost as great as Dagas’.” Laguz gave her a sidelong glance.

Berkana glared at her and held up a single piece of chocolate. “You want this?”

“Oh Chocolate…” Laguz gave her starry eyes.

“Then go get, go good girl!” Berkana threw the chocolate out the door.

Laguz dashed after it and landed not far from it grabbing it and brushing it down quickly.

“It’s still good, it’s still good.”


*Munch*


Berkana looked at Homura. “See you in the mortal world then.” She walked out the door closing it behind her.



-|--------|-



The Rebirth of the Goddess of Change


The Sanzo Priest stood over the crib looking down at the child, his brows knotted together as he looked at the child sleeping peacefully.

‘There’s something different with this child.’ He lit up his cigarette, his green eyes looking at the child.

“DAD!!!” A voice exclaimed and suddenly his ear was grabbed. “No smoking round the baby!”

“Oww... hey hey hey, I’m a Sanzo priest, what happened to respect?”

“Oh yea resect a gambling, drinking, smoking, womanising, martial artis monk no thank you!” He let out a sigh as his only child dragged him out of the room by his ear.

“Deanna… that hurts!” He exclaimed.


The child opened its eyes and looked at the two before they vanished out the doorway and for a brief unseen moment a green charkas flashed on the child’s forehead before completely vanishing from sight.


Deanna glared at her father once he was outside the room and let go of his ear. “Sanzo priest or not, there is no smoking round my daughter.”

His eyes fell flat as he looked at his daughter and let out a sigh. “Look the father of that child… I think you should know he’s a demon.”

“What?” Deanna looked at him. “But he would have said something…”

“That child has red hair and red eyes, all half demon half human offspring’s have red hair and red eyes… Where’s the child’s father?”

“He’s working down at the mines at the moment.” Deanna replied.

“I think it’s time I paid him a little visit…”

Deanna watched as her father walked out of the house. She looked to the bedroom where the child was sleeping.



-|--------|-



Youkama placed the pickaxe down and wiped his brow before heading outside to hear a commotion going on outside and he stopped seeing a man dressed like a Sanzo priest shouting angrily at the mine contractor.

“Hey what’s going on here?” He looked to a friend next to him.

His friend looked at him. “Kama that Sanzo priest is looking for you.”

“Me?” Youkama blinked before walking up to the contractor and holding up his hand to shush his superior. “It’s okay Jax.”

The man looked at him. “You must be the Sanzo that’s the father of Deanna.”

The Sanzo priest’s green eyes narrowed and he pulled the golden crown off his mousy brown hair, the hair fell out of its confinements reaching his waist.

“And you must be Youkama… I’ve seen my granddaughter Raido and I’d like a few words with you.”

Youkama looked at him and his silver eyes smiled. “I’d like that sorry I wasn’t at Dean’s places when you arrived earlier today.”



Sanzo blinked for a moment confused and surprised by the kindness in the possible demon before him the contrast along was obvious and unsuspecting of a demon. Pale silver eyes that always seemed ready for a smile and champagne blonde hair with a tanned complexion.

“Very well then this way.” Sanzo walked over to the shade of a nearby tree. Youkama followed him and waved to his workmates and friends that it was okay.


The two paused under the tree and Sanzo pulled out a cigarette. “Dean talks about you a lot, she idolises you and the journey’s you’ve been on.”

“She mentioned you in her telegrams to me.” Sanzo replied pulling out a cigarette packet and taking out a single cigarette and a lighter he lit the cigarette up. “But she failed to mention that you were a demon.”

Youkama rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Well yea about that I’m not a full demon, I’m only half, my mother was a human.”

“You break the rules you know.” Sanzo looked at him all half demons typically have red hair and red eyes.”

“Well I got my mother’s hair colour and my father’s colouring, as for my eyes… I haven’t mentioned this to Deanna but they’re my grandfathers. When I was little my mother got angry with me and I lost the use of my eyes, my grandfather gave me his, my father was a spell casting demon so he did the transfusion so I could see again, I was pretty much sheltered after that.” Youkama explained.


Sanzo took a drag of the cigarette. “And you took an interest in my daughter… of all the other women out there, why my daughter?”

“Her spells and incantations reminded me of my father’s. Not that I understood it much I understand now that they’re pretty much completely different, but we talked spent some time together and we actually really hit it off.”

Sanzo just smiled. “So you plan on sticking round then?”

Youkama smiled back. “Actually I do, if you don’t mind?”

“I take it your mother went insane then?”

“Yes but she still lives I moved away my father’s wishes.”

“You do understand my daughter is only nineteen?”

“Ehehehe…. Well that I didn’t know she said she was twenty and I’m twenty-one… But one thing that always made me wonder is I thought Sanzo was a high ranking priest, how is she your daughter, did you adopt her?” Youkama asked.

Sanzo’s eyes fell flat for a moment. “Adopt… uh… yeah.”

“Wow cause the resemblance is almost uncanny.” Youkama smiled again. “I’ve never seen that before in parents who adopt. Did you happen to sleep with a woman while on your travels and leave her without realising she was pregnant?”

“You have a way of pointing out the obvious don’t you?” Sanzo mumbled.

Youkama just smiled. “So they tell me. But you didn’t answer my question about minding me sticking around.”

“If I did you’d be dead by now.” Sanzo remarked.

“Well that’s good news then. Guess I’ll see you at dinner tonight then?”

“Yeah sure whatever.” Sanzo looked at him before walking off.

Youkama just smiled as he headed back to his work mates and colleges who were all watching from a distance.



“Youkama what was that about?”

“Just meeting my father-in-law for the first time.”

“What your father is a Sanzo Priest?” His best friend blinked for a moment before looking at him.

“Yeah I was surprised too.” Youkama rubbed the back of his neck.

“So much for them being completely holy men.” His friend scratched his head. “My image of priests is changing that’s for sure.”



-|--------|-



The Rebirth of the Goddess of Occult and Sex


The smell of blood was strong as the lone figure walked through the grisly aftermath of a human prejudice attack on a small demon village near the outskirts of a forest.

His long red hair swung as he walked through the aftermath. Despite being released from his prison of confinement by the woman who had the audacity to call herself his stepmother, he was still grateful for his release. This is what she wanted him to see, how the humans treated them despite the words ‘living as brothers’ that they were suppose to be living by.


He let out a low growl of distaste the humans were really starting to wind him up the wrong way, but they had the right to fear them, after all they were the superior beings.


A child’s cry caught his attention and he looked round to see where it was coming from when he spotted it the deceased mother her arms wrapped round a bundle in a blanket and he walked through the carnage to pull the child from the mother’s arms, the father lay partway over the mother as if to shield them from the brutal attack.

He looked down at the young baby who instantly stopped crying once in his warm arms. Baby lilac eyes blinked up at him wide and curious under a tuff of pink hair. He blinked for a moment, as a pale blue charkas flashed on her forehead for a moment and he blinked suddenly stunned before it vanished.

‘A chosen child, maybe this was a strategically planned attack for something?’ He pondered for a moment. ‘That’s stupid, it’s just a child, it has no power… still to leave this child here if it was would be a win for those humans, and I don’t need that, not with the plans we’re making.’

“Well then little one, my name’s Kougaiji, you’re coming with me.”

The demon baby just gurgled in reply before offering him a cute chibi smile. “Guess you didn’t know what real danger you were in.”



-|--------|-



Kougaiji stopped by the riverbank just on the outskirts of the village before stopping suddenly as a thought hit him. ‘Wait a minute, demons disintegrate once killed, why were their bodies still there?’ He looked back to the village suddenly when the exploding sound caught his attentions, hundreds of them the particles all floating up skywards. He stopped there his expression one of shock and he looked down in to the baby’s lilac eyes and she smiled up at him.

“Eeeeee.” A tiny hand pointed upwards to where the particles were floating as the random exploding sounds continued.

‘Could it be…?’ He looked at the child in shock. ‘This child could she be that powerful that she was keeping their bodies there for her safety? What is she?’

“Naaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnn.” The baby let out a loud yawn.

“Guess since I’m taking you in I have to give you a name, can’t call you kid can I now?” He turned round and walked up to his dragon tied up round a tree next to the riverbed. “What sort of name…” He pondered as he untied the dragon and climbed on it’s back, tucking the infant in to his jacket.



-|--------|-



The Palace of Gyokumen



Kougaiji led the dragon in the stables while the baby was still tucked in to his jacket. He tied the dragon up before walking out of the stables and down the same old halls and passed the same demons he passed everyday.

“Raaaaaaaahhhh!” The baby’s head popped out before pointing at unlit torches that lined the hall.



*VOOOOOOOM*



Kougaiji jumped suddenly as the torch lit up then suddenly one by one on either side of the hall they all lit up.

He looked down at the baby suddenly. “That’s three for three on weird things you’ve done today kid.”

“Naaaaaa?” The baby looked up at him.


“Cute real cute Kougaiji… that your illegitimate child?”

Kougaiji shot the guy a glare as he walked past. “And what makes you say that?!”

“The eyes, take a look.”

Kougaiji looked down at the baby confused for a moment then at the guy. “I don’t see a resemblance at all! I found her okay!”

“Heh whatever man… nice trick with the fire, reminds me of that Tejas spell I read about a while back.” He waved a hand before walking off down the hall.

“Tejas spell…” Kougaiji looked back at the baby. “I think a visit to the library is in order don’t you think?”

“Haaaaaaahhhhh!” The baby cheered.

Kougaiji headed down the hall and in to the library quickly before shutting the door after him and roaming through the bookshelf and finding the book he remembered studying a few months ago when he was just released. He pulled down the book and settled it on the table before opening it up to the marked page and looked at it.

“Tejas spell… here it is…. The ability of creating a spell from nothing.” He looked at the fireplace and settled the baby in the chair and looked at her. “Think you can do that again?”

“Naaaa?” She titled her head to the side, the language barrier obviously not broken yet.

Kougaiji let out a sigh. “Fine like this.” He placed his hands together in front of the fireplace before beginning a soft chant.

The infant sat there watching intently before suddenly a fire formed in the fireplace and her eyes grew wide and she pointed. “Yaaaaaa!!”

Kougaiji stepped back and he looked at her. “Like that… can you do that?”

The baby just grinned and held her hands out too then suddenly….



*BOOM!*



Kougaiji jumped back suddenly as the fire he started with the Tejas spell was doubled with more oomph than he’d expected.

“Damn I think it singed my eyebrows.” He looked at the baby. “That’s it. You’re definitely a natural with the Tejas spell.”

“DAAAAAA!” She clapped her hands.

Kougaiji smiled and knelt down to her height. “Guess that’ll be your name then okay with you Tejas?”

“Daaaaa.” She grabbed on to the hem of his jacket and beamed up at him.



-|--------|-



The Rebirth of the Goddess of Mysteries…


Shuda and Ashei sat at their kitchen table a dilemma on their hands.

“And I say Cho.”

“What for a girl?” Ashei raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

“What?” Shuda looked at her. “It was my grandfather’s name.”

“A girl.” Ashei repeated.

“Well what do you think?” Shuda looked at his wife.

“Bardot.”

“Uhhh… no.” Shuda remarked,

“Akas?”

“Doubt it.”

“Well apart from Cho?”

“Grencia?”

“Uhh… no.” Ashei shook her head.

“Hmmmm…” They both pondered in unison before looking at their daughter looking at them from her crib.

“So much for a name coming to us upon seeing her.” Shuda sighed. “It’s been three days and she’s still nameless.”

“I want something pretty.” Ashei smiled, “She’s a beautiful baby so she deserves a beautiful name.”

Shuda rested his head on his hand as he looked at her. “I agree… But what’s a beautiful name? Lolly?”

“No.”

“Lol’s.”

The baby girl curled up her nose.

“Candy?”

“If you call her that I’ll be forced to kill you.” Ashei threatened.

“I like Candy.” Shuda defended.

The baby sniffed before she broke out in tears.

“She doesn’t like Candy.”

“She might when she’s older. It’s definitely good.”

“I meant the name.”

“This is like the time my sister was named when she was a baby.” Ashei sighed. “I stood there watching my parents doing the same thing. They ended up praying to the Goddess Vayu…” She stopped suddenly as a silver charkas flashed on the baby’s forehead. The baby stopped crying instantly.

“A blessing from the Goddess.” Shuda looked at Ashei.

“Vayu.” Ashei repeated and the baby just smiled.

“She’s chosen her name. Goddess Vayu have you helped us choose a name for our baby girl?” Shuda looked to the baby.

“Vayu, thank you. We do this in the ut most respect in naming our child after you.” Ashei walked to the crib and picked the baby girl up. “Welcome to this world Vayu.”

Vayu smiled happily.

“And it’s a pretty name.” Shuda smiled.

“Definitely better than Cho.” Ashei remarked.

“Shuddup.” Shuda complained.



-|--------|-




Ten years later…



Vayu sat under her favourite tree just reading a book, her favourite cloak wrapped around her as she watched the family next door moving in from out of town before turning the page, when a flash of red hair caught her attention and the two eyes clicked for a moment.

The young girl paused for a moment before the father shoved her in the mid back. “Hey hurry up Raido.” He grumbled.

The girl hurried off suddenly inside. The man looked at her and he raised an eyebrow. “What are you looking at?” He snapped.

Vayu just smirked in his direction. ‘In the old days you’d already be dead for that.’ She thought to herself before shaking her head for a moment. ‘Whoa where did that come from?’ she realised.



“Vayu! Dinnertime!” Her mother called from the doorstep.

Vayu grabbed her book and raced inside and her parents smiled at her. “Did you see we have new neighbours?”

“Uh yeah dad I saw. A family of four. So why don’t I have a younger sibling?” She looked at the two.

Her mother went bright red across the cheeks before her father let out another one of his boisterous laughs. “Hahaha… that we’ve been working on while you’ve been sleeping.”

Vayu blinked. “Babies are made while you sleep?”

Her mother elbowed her father. “Shuda, don’t.”

“What? I think it’s a good idea. Though technically one of should be awake for it.”



*WHOMP*



“OW!!!” He rubbed his head.

“Not while Vayu’s in the room have some restraint please?”

Shuda rubbed his head and he just chuckled again. “What… she’s got to understand sometime.”

“She’s at an age where you could scar her for life so stop that.” Ashei jabbed him with her rolling pin.

Vayu rolled her eyes. ‘My parents are so weird. But that other man, he was mean, nothing like a parent should be.’ She looked at her father his laughter was obnoxious and her mother was pretty dominating, but she was still pretty feminine at the same time, it was pretty normal life for her, and she had no regrets for anything, except she felt that the new girl next door must have felt plenty.



-|--------|-



Raido sat by the window of her room, yet another new town another place to memorize and she felt she was slowly going insane. Each time her or her mother got close to finding out about her father her step father moved them all to a new place to distract her mother long enough. Something was up, she let out a sigh, it had been four years since her father’s last whereabouts was heard, he’d just up and vanished, not a trace and she still couldn’t figure out why he wouldn’t look for her. Something was changing in this world and it was the start of something big.

She understood her father’s work took him to new mines and cities, but that was no reason for her mother to go off with this jerk of a man. He treated her like crap and she had no back bone anymore to stand up to him, she still remembered the journey to the temple when they’d last got news from her father, her grandfather had taken them to the temple and explained something to her mother, he mentioned a new kind of demon, a half demon so powerful that even he or she needed power restraints. She looked down at the beaded bracelet she wore on her left wrist, he’d given these to her that trip, the monks at the temple hadn’t been to happy with finding out that a respecting rank of Sanzo was infected with the likes of her grandfather, a boozing, gambling, womanising, smoking martial artist. Still she knew with what he taught her at that temple she had enough to possibly kill her step father if he stepped to out of line, yet something prevented her from taking that action, she couldn’t understand what though.

‘Grandpa I just want you to find us and take me away… anywhere, teach me more please.’ She sighed as she looked at the sky.

“Rai, look I turned it in to a set of drawers, give me two more months and it’ll definitely turn in to a jeep.”

Raido raised an eyebrow as she looked at her six year old brother as he jabbed the shape-shifting dragon with a stick.

“Keep poking it like that and I’m surprised it hasn’t turned in to a crocodile and bitten your arm off.” She commented.

“What I need some wheels.”

“Then try a bike or scooter, your too young to drive.” She huffed. ‘I’m too young to drive otherwise I woulda been loooooong gone by now.’ She added in thought.

“But a jeep would be cool.” He jabbed the dragon as it turned back in to a dragon. She grabbed the white dragon before jumping out the window.

“Hey bring Hakaryu back!”

“It’s inhumane how you treat him. I’m going to set him free!”

“I dun even know what inhumane means!” He called after her as she raced off down the street setting the little dragon down; it was only a few months old after all.



Raido patted the little dragon on the head it let out a little squawk of gratitude. “Your so cute Hakaryu. You can go if you want I’ll take the blame for it all, it’s not like I don’t take the blame for everything my stepfather messes up.” Raido scratched the little dragon under the chin. “Just don’t forget me okay?”

The dragon stretched its wings before squawking in the affirmative and then taking off. Raido just smiled ‘At least one of us is free.’



-|--------|-



Kougaiji watched as Tejas sat in the library she had picked up so many fire spells she had far surpassed him at the tender age of nine years old, she needed no chants to summon the fire spells. And he watched as she was practicing one of the more difficult fire spells, it was like she was some sort of natural spell caster for fire and there was still some things he didn’t understand about the young pink haired girl.

Like how strong she truly was or even her heritage.

“Kougaiji…” She paused after stopping part way through the spell. “You saw my parents before their bodies disintegrated didn’t you?”

“I did.” He walked in to the library.

“What did they look like?” She looked over her shoulder at him.

He nodded. “You have your father’s hair.” He replied.

She smiled. “It would have been nice to get to know them. You think they’re watching over me from the afterlife?”

Kougaiji smiled. “I’m sure they are and I’m sure they’re as impressed as I am with your skills.”

“That’s good.” She smiled as she looked up wistfully. “But thank you for taking me in, I’d probably be dead if it wasn’t for you.”

Kougaiji walked up to her and he placed a hand on her shoulder. “That’s enough for today, you should get something to eat.”

Tejas’ eyes grew large and starry. “Foood. I’m so hungry! Thank-you!”



As if her stomach knew it was about to fed it grumbled in the affirmative of the anticipation of all the sorts of food that it could get to taste.

Kougaiji laughed as Tejas blushed red across her cheeks, sometimes her stomach had a mind of it’s own. But it was understandable to eat like she did, she needed a lot of energy to keep up with the sorts of spells she was learning.

“Can I get some chocolate for desert?”

Kougaiji smiled again. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“Eeeeee chocolate.” She hugged herself happily, even though it technically wasn’t a stable sort of food, she couldn’t understand why she loved the taste so much.



‘I swear if it was between chocolate and Homura, she’d pick chocolate over him everyday.’ It was a familiar voice and she blinked for a moment confused.

‘That’s a relief. It’s disgusting how she crushes after my brother, he’s just ick.’ Came the other familiar voice.

‘But it’s Homura… c’mon.’ The other voice remarked.

‘Still it’s… Ewwwwwww…’



“You coming?” Kougaiji voice interrupted.

“Ooooh yes wait up Kougaiji-sama!” Tejas shut the book and raced after him.



-|--------|-



A few years later…



Raido looked round the old town she grew up in she’d left not long after letting her brother’s Dragon Hakaryu go, her grandfather had come that very evening and taken her away she didn’t even get to know the people of the town but here she was returning to the place. It had taken her three years to find the city wandering from city to city.

She brushed some of her red hair from her face and lifted the base of her robes up before stepping over a mud puddle, these were the only clothes she had, and she had no money, what a way for her to travel, her robes given to her when she inherited her grandfather’s Sanzo title, but she still went by the name Raido after all most Sanzo priests that she knew were all male.



She stopped outside the old house and she looked at it before bustling up the steps to knock on the door.

“I’m coming hold your horses!” A voice called it was male and she thought it was the wrong house til the door opened and she found herself staring at a teenager.

“Teigh.” She looked at him.

He blinked for a moment and then hugged her very unlike him.

“Rai.”

“Hi.”

“So you finally came back huh? So how were the old geezers?” He asked pulling back and looking at her from an arms distance.

She let out a laugh. “Um old and geezerish.” She smiled.

“C’mon get your ass inside.” He pulled her in, just as two guys were walking past the door and she paused to look over her shoulder.

One of them just upon looking at her let the cigarette drop from his mouth.

“Whoa I’ve never seen her here.” He remarked. She just smiled and shut the door.

‘He was kinda cute, but that short hair… it’s so familiar.’ She thought to herself.



-|--------|-



“Whoa I’ve never seen her here.” Gojyo looked at Hakkai and he laughed.

“Probably because she’s just visiting, anyway, the house is here.”

“That babe’s house?”

“No next door.” Hakkai smiled. “Sanzo wanted us to look her up, said in some of his travels he came across a couple who were attacked by demons, they wanted him to let their daughter know that they had passed on.”

“Well you can go to that house I’m going to the one next door.” Gojyo remarked.

Hakkai smiled as he grabbed him by the back of the collar. “Oh no you don’t we’re telling this girl her parents are dead you’re not leaving me to do this alone.”

Gojyo let out a sigh.

“We’ll see the girl next door some other time.” Hakkai added before he opened the small white picket fence and walked up the pathway. Gojyo trudging along after him but looking through the window of the near door wistfully to see the girl hugging an older woman, more than likely her mother.

Hakkai went to knock on the door when it opened and he blinked suddenly looking at the purple haired girl with yellow eyes.

“Uh… hi…” Hakkai laughed sheepishly.

“Hello.” She looked at the two wearily, then raised an eyebrow at Gojyo staring next door.

“She’s a priestess Gojyo, don’t even think it.”

“What?” He looked at her. He blinked for a moment. “Vayu… this is your house.” He remarked.

“Well it is now.” She replied.

Hakkai smiled. “So you two know each other this makes it a little easier then.”

Vayu looked at Hakkai and she looked at him curiously. “Have we met?”

“Oh no I’m Hakkai, I’m a friend of Gojyo’s here. But can we come in?”

Vayu stepped to the side. “Sure don’t mind the mess. I’ll get to cleaning it up later.”



The two stepped in side the house and Gojyo let out a whistle. “Vayu you call this a mess? I’ve seen worse, this is tidy.”

“Especially when it comes to how Gojyo lives.” Hakkai added with a laugh.

“Hey!” Gojyo protested.

“Coffee?” Vayu offered walking to the kitchen.

“Yea sure.” Gojyo replied casually. “Look we got news to tell you.”

“My parents are dead yes I know.” Vayu replied nonchalantly before turning the jug on.

“Wait how’d you-?” Gojyo looked at her.

“It’s a secret.” Vayu just smiled.

“Wow it’s like you can read minds.” Hakkai just smiled.

“Sometimes depends how loud the person is, for example you Hakkai your thoughts are quite quiet it’s like whispering but with Gojyo, it’s like he might as well scream it out loud as far as I’m concerned.”

Gojyo’s eyes narrowed. “So that’s how you bet me at cards. You read my thoughts.”

“Well you shouldn’t think so loud.” Vayu remarked.

Hakkai let out a laugh. “Well this is very entertaining indeed.”

Vayu suddenly blushed as she looked at his carefree smile. ‘Why does this feel so familiar? It’s like I’ve seen him before, the same for when I first met Gojyo a year or so ago.’

“So you read our minds while we were at the door then?” Hakkai asked.

“About my parents? No, I knew the moment they died, but I must admit it’s sad to hear it delivered in person. But at least they’re still together.” Her eyes fell flat ‘The Gods know my dad would go insane or just hit on some poor woman to pass his grief.’

Hakkai smiled. “What’s that look for, something you’re not telling us?”

“Her old man more than likely.” Gojyo smiled. “He was some frisky old man that’s for sure.”



*WHOMP*



“OW!” Gojyo rubbed his head. “Hey what was that for?”

“Don’t even say it.” Vayu warned.

“Heh oh my, I guess I’d rather stay in the dark if that’s you reaction to something you two know.” Hakkai laughed.

Vayu dropped the coffee pot suddenly blushing bright red at her behaviour round Hakkai.

Gojyo let out a sigh and pulled his bandanna off and used it to wipe the coffee off him. “Good thing that wasn’t boiled.” He muttered.

Vayu was still blushing bright red. “I’m so sorry.”

Hakkai smiled. “No it’s okay, I needed a good laugh.” He waved his hand about.

Vayu picked up the pot. “I’ll… go… make some more…” She dashed off suddenly.




Gojyo let out a sigh. “She must like you, she’s more tamer than usual.”

“I heard that SHA GOJYO!” Vayu shouted from the pantry where she was grabbing more coffee.

“I didn’t say it that loud did I?” He looked at Hakkai asking in a whisper.

“She probably read your mind.” He just smiled.

“Damnit, I shouldn’t forget that.” Gojyo grumbled.

“I’ll make a note for future reference.” Hakkai chuckled.




-|--------|-




‘I wonder why Kougaiji-sama wanted me to leave Lady Gyokumen place?’ Tejas thought as walked through the streets of the town her shape-shifting dragon parked nearby. ‘I know the Lady thinks I’m powerful enough for her plans whatever they are, but maybe Kougaiji-sama is watching out for me?’ She let out a wistful sigh.

“Oh Kougaiji-sama I hope you’re okay?”

She sniffed the air for a moment. “Oh I smell… Chocolate!!!” She suddenly raced up to a market place stall and peered at all the varieties of chocolate. “Peppermint chocolate, caramel chocolate, dark chocolate, mmm black forest chocolate. So many to choose from.” She sniffed dramatically and pulled out her wallet and then out an animated sigh of defeat. “And I only have enough money for one especially if I need to find an inn for the night.”

She looked at her wallet and then at the chocolate. “Chocolate, inn for the night, chocolate or an inn for the night, chocolate, inn for the night… that’s it I’ll take that, that, that and that…. Ooooh and that one.” She motioned.

The stall keeper just laughed. “You sure love your chocolate miss.”

She just grinned. “Chocolate it’s the best invention since fire.”

The stall keeper laughed again. “Well then, here we go.” He handed her the chosen chocolate and she handed him her money and hugged the bag as she walked off happy with her purchase.



It wasn’t until she was halfway down the road when she let out a sigh. “Tejas, you did it again you spent all the money Kougaiji-sama gave you to live off on chocolate, you’re going to have to find a job so you can earn some more for a roof over your head tonight.” She looked wistfully up at the sky. “I could camp out for tonight and find a job tomorrow. Damnit if I’d thought of that before I could have bought marshmallows instead of that dark chocolate. You never think do you Tejas?” She berated herself.




-|--------|-




Raido sighed as she walked down the streets towards the cemetery, she’d found the truth out from her mother finally. ‘My step-father, he killed my father.’ She wiped the side of her face before picking up her pace and running towards the cemetery. Her mother had placed up a grave for her father and she jumped over the gates running towards the middle of the cemetery and she found the grave and she fell over landing on it, she didn’t care about keeping her robes clean anymore she was home, her step-father had run off with some bimbo.

“Dad…” She placed her hand on the stone her mother had placed up for him and she sat there looking at it. “Even though the earth below me is empty, I know you can hear me. I hope my life was worth giving up yours for.”



***FLASHBACK***



She had been a child of five wandering through a vast looking temple following behind her mother who was holding her hand.

“Now Rai, be on your best behaviour promise me, your grand pa brought us here for our own safety.”

“Uh huh.”

Raido’s grandfather looked at her and he smiled. “Now Rai, don’t mind how these people treat me, you’ll always be my little angel… so long as you remember what I taught you.”

“Tilt the glass when I pour you a beer?” She asked and blinked.

Deanna raised an eyebrow. “Dad.” She complained.

“What? It’s general knowledge?” he replied.



Raido looked over as an elderly monk came running up to her grandfather bowing instantly. “Master Sanzo, you have returned.” He bowed again.

“Yes I have.”

“But women in the temple is strictly forbidden. You know that.”

Sanzo smiled. “Well get used to it, they’re my family.”

“What?!” The monk exclaimed. “Master Sanzo…”

Sanzo patted Raido on the head. “This is my grand daughter Rai, say hello Rai.”

“Hello.” She bowed to the monk.

“What happened to the others you travelled with?” The monk asked.

“They got a life, and so did I.” He winked at the monk.

“Ohhh Master Sanzo.” The monk whined.

“Heh heh heh.” Sanzo chuckled.

Deanna let out a sigh. “I’m sorry if we are of any inconvenience, we just need a place to stay until we can make our way to a new village to live peacefully.”

“Master Sanzo?” The monk looked at him and he just nodded.

“For a couple of weeks to a month, I’ll see them to that village then come back.” He looked at the monk. “Like me my daughter has the worst taste in the opposite sex.”

“DAD!” Deanna exclaimed.

“What? It’s true, my fault completely. I should have been round while you were growing up. But holy missions you know.”

Deanna sighed. “I didn’t know he was a half demon, besides it’s my second husband we’re running from.” She looked at Raido.

“A demon spawn and you’ve let it in to the temple?” The monk looked at Raido.

“Only a quarter, don’t over react.” Sanzo rolled his eyes. “Now I’ll show you to your rooms.”

The mother and daughter duo followed Sanzo as he held Raido’s other hand and she looked up at the golden crown he wore on his head and the crème coloured robes and the long scripture like vest.



They arrived to their room and Sanzo shut the door Deanna flopped on to the bed. “I’d almost forgotten what a bed felt like.” She sighed.

“Now Rai.” Sanzo took her left hand and he slipped a black and white beaded bracelet on to her wrist. “That’s better. I won’t accidentally banish you that way when I give you a hug.”

“Uh?”

“This scripture while I’m here I have to wear it, but it could hurt you and your demon blood, this bracelet will prevent that, it will hide your demon part from the world magick and non magickal.” He explained.

“Hokay.” Raido just smiled up at him.


***END OF FLASHBACK***



Raido stood up and she blinked looking down at the bracelet she still wore it after so many years. She placed a single flower on the grave.

She walked out of the cemetery before looking down at her robes and she just smiled placing her hand over the dirt and whispered a soft incantation the dirt flaked and just crumbled before flaking off.

“I know personal gain, but hey if my grandfather can do it, so can I.”

Raido walked up to the marketplace stalls and she browsed the stalls looking for something, she couldn’t eat much meat anymore only vegetables and chicken any other meat was forbidden now.

‘Damn getting this Sanzo title.’ She thought.



“Hey get back here!” A voice shouted and she looked over her shoulder and she caught the pink hair before the girl knocked her shoulder and raced past and she blinked for a moment.

‘I know her, I can feel it.’

“Thief!”

Raido spun round and clothes lined the man chasing her. “Did my friend take something?” She asked.

The pink haired girl stoped suddenly and she blinked before smiling the girl had a fairly large dumpling stuffed in to her mouth and an armful of a bag of rice balls.

The man glared up at her and then he blinked.

“A Sanzo Priestess.” He bowed suddenly. “Sorry master… forgive me but I need to feed my family.”

Raido pulled out her wallet. “That’s okay I’ll pay.”

The pink haired girl gulped the dumpling down before stuffing as much rice balls in to her mouth as possible before gulping those down at incredible speed.

Raido held up a one hundred dollar note. “This should cover the food and any other losses you might have today by leaving your stall unguarded.”

He looked behind him to see some punk kids stealing some more of his food.

“Hey you kids!!!!” He shouted. They took a look at him then bolted off.

She placed the money in his hand. “Sorry about my friend her appetite is hard to fill.”

“It’s okay master.” He bowed again before heading back to his stall.



Raido walked up to the pink haired girl and smiled. “Good food?”

“I’m not sharing.” She hugged the bag.

“It’s okay.” Raido laughed. “I’m not hungry.”

“You humans are weird.” She mumbled before munching down on some more as they walked. She swallowed the last of it before ditching the bag. “So you’re a Sanzo huh? You’re not wearing any of those scripture things.”

“I keep mine hidden.” Raido smiled. “But just call me Raido.”

“A Sanzo that keeps her previous title, weirder.”

“So I told you my name what’s yours?”

“Tejas.”

“Wow like the fire spell?”

“Yea I mastered that when I was only a few weeks old.” Tejas boasted and laughed. “No one is more powerful than me.”

“Except someone who can banish you.” Raido added.

“Erk.” Tejas looked at her.

“Kidding I wouldn’t do that, besides you remind me of someone I knew a long time ago.”

“Oooooh-kay…” Tejas gave her a flat-eyed glance. “Your not one of those drug smoking Sanzo’s are you cause I’ve never been out of the palace until a moth ago and I’m sure I would remember a female Sanzo.”

Raido rubbed the back of her neck. “Drugs and me oh no…. I need my wits about me in this job.” Raido handed her some money. “Find a place to sleep for the night, that’s indoors, it might keep you out of trouble.”

Tejas took the money. “Uh thanks priest lady.” She waved and walked off.



“Wow what a day.” Raido laughed before smiling. ‘At least I’m home for now. And it seems Teigh has forgiven our mother for leaving him with his father for those few months we were on the run.’



“That was a really nice thing you did there.” She stopped and looked over to see the two guys from outside her house this time with a third person a girl wearing a dark cape. “I’m Hakkai nice to meet you.” He smiled.

Raido smiled back. ‘Wow what a nice smile.’

“Hey there honey…” She blinked suddenly looking at the cute pink haired guy. She blinked for a moment.

“Uh… hi?” She raised a brow.

“Gojyo. I don’t think she’s interested.” Hakkai smiled.

“Awww c’mon honey…” She looked at the arm as it was slung around her shoulder suddenly.

“I’m a priestess.” She replied.

“Now that sucks, and you’re so cute too. But a priestess with red eyes, and red hair, I know you’re just like me.”

She gasped and stepped back, “No I have human parents.”

“Red hair, red eyes face it priestess you’re a demon like me you shouldn’t even be a priestess.”

She looked at his hand and her eyes went flat.

“Take your hand off me.” She remarked.

“Before she breaks it.” The girl added.

Gojyo looked at Raido. “You’re making this a challenge honey.”

Raido smiled as he removed his hand. “I’m a priestess so don’t make me vanquish your half demon ass.”

Gojyo blinked even though the carefree smile didn’t leave the woman’s face.

“C’mon Gojyo lets leave the nice priestess alone.” Hakkai smiled his familiar carefree smile and the two walked off.

“We’ll meet again honey.” Gojyo waved.

“I know we will.” She felt herself reply.



“They feel familiar to you to don’t they?” Raido paused and she looked at the girl who’d stayed behind.

“Yeah, same with the girl before, even you feel familiar.” Raido looked at her.

“We saw each other once, years ago, your step father shoved you in your back hurrying you in to the house, then you left with the priest that night, we’ve never spoken until now.”

“Okay so you’re the girl who lives next door to me. I’m Raido.”

“Vayu.” Raido shook the girl’s hand.

‘But why do I feel I know her more deeply than that?’ Raido thought to herself.

Vayu pulled her hood off. “I’m trying to figure that out too.” She spoke out loud.

“Whoa!” Raido jumped back several meters in shock. “Mind reader? Man isn’t that a curse.”

Vayu smiled. “Oh yeah, don’t get me started, but sometimes it can be fun like playing with Gojyo’s head.” She chuckled.




-|--------|-




That Night…



Tejas lay on her bed in the inn she was staying, she hadn’t even found a decent way to contact Kougaiji to let him know she was okay, she looked up at the ceiling.

“A Sanzo here in this small town. I wonder why? Don’t they normally stay within their temples or something?” She sat up before diving in to her chocolate bag and began munching away on a block of peppermint chocolate.



She heard a tap at her window before she looked over and smiled racing up to the window she pulled it open and Kougaiji pulled himself in and she glomped on to him instantly.

“Kougaiji-sama.” She began purring as she rubbed her head up against his side. He blinked for a moment before smiling down at her and stroked her hair.

“How are you holding up out there Tejas?”

“Well I’m fine now, but I kinda spent all your money on chocolate but some nice Sanzo covered for me when I stole some food and she even gave me money for this inn for the night.”

“Sanzo…” Kougaiji looked at her and her lilac eyes looked up in to his.

“Yeah.”

“Did you see a scripture on this Sanzo Priest?”

“No she said it was hidden on her to prevent-”

Kougaiji held up his hand. “Wait you said she?”

“Yeah a female Sanzo.” Tejas looked at him.

“Can you stay with this Sanzo Priestess then? Let me know if you even see this scripture.”

“Stay with her?” Tejas asked.

“Yeah travel with her. She’s got to need travelling companions for protection. If you can get me that scripture, it would mean a lot to me Tejas.”

“You mean help in freeing your mother?” Tejas asked.

Kougaiji smiled. “Yes, I wouldn’t want anyone else to do this for me.”

Tejas looked at him. “Then could I come back?”

Kougaiji smiled at her. “Of course you can, I only wanted you out while my step-mother is in her plotting ideas, she’s not using you for her ideas.”

Tejas smiled and hugged him. “Okay.”

Kougaiji ruffled her hair before heading towards the window when Tejas grabbed the hem of his jacket and he paused to look at her.

“You’ll be okay though won’t you Kougaiji?”

He smiled at her. “I’ll be fine I promise you.”

Tejas let go reluctantly and watched as Kougaiji climbed out the window.

“Bye Kou.” She watched as he jumped off the roof and she raced to the window to watch him as he disappeared in the night.



-|--------|-



Vayu and Raido sat on Vayu’s doorstep, Vayu flicked the ash from her cigarette on to the ground and she looked at the priestess.

“You have demon blood don’t you? That’s why you can’t wear the scripture?” Vayu asked.

Raido smiled suddenly. “Oh wow you’re really perceptive and I wasn’t even thinking about that.”

Vayu just smiled. “You were thinking on leaving here again.” Raido looked up at the sky.

“I’ll stay a while, clean my robes pack some casual travel clothes, my mother will lend me some of her clothes, just get basic travel supplies and then be on my way, I just gotta figure out some transport.” Raido looked at Vayu and smiled.

“What’s it like out there?” Vayu asked.

Raido shrugged. “It’s like different you feel like you’re in a different country cause everything is so new and different. But I like change for some reason, a new scenery is always good. I know I can’t read minds, but something’s telling me you want to come.”

Vayu smiled. “That’s because there’s nothing left for me now, unless I find someone get married and settle down, but that’s far too soon for me I’m only twenty.”

“Well then as exciting in hanging around here with Gojyo would be for you, would you like to come?”

Vayu smiled. “You know my answer for that.”



“I’m coming too!” A voice cried and Tejas jumped down in front of them. “Besides I have a shape-shifting dragon we can use for transport.”

Vayu looked at her.

“Naaaaah don’t look at me like that!” Tejas exclaimed.

“Wow doesn’t this feel familiar.” Raido smiled.

Tejas looked at her and she blinked for a moment. “Actually now that you mention it… it does, like we’re going to go do something big…”

“Like tie dye a cape.” Vayu added suddenly and looked at Raido.

“That was only once!” She protested before stopping herself. “But I don’t remember doing anything like that.”

Tejas smiled. “Well I think it’s settled then we’re joined somehow and I’m hanging round until we figure this out.”

“Hide your chocolate.” Vayu whispered to Raido.

“Chocolate! You have Chocolate! Meanie! You have to share! You gotta!! I’m soooooo hungry!!” Tejas protested.



*WHOMP*



“Ooooh that looked like it hurt.” Raido cringed.

“Owwiiiie.” Tejas whined from the ground.

Vayu pulled her fist back and she looked at it suddenly. “Oh I’m sorry! I don’t know what happened.”

“You gave her the smack down.” Raido replied casually and then smiled.

Vayu blushed. “I uh… sorry there.”

Tejas looked up at her. “I only said I was hungry.” She whined.

“Ehehehe…” Raido rubbed the back of her neck. “This is going to be one interesting journey.”

“And a long painful one if she keeps beating me up.” Tejas sniffed.

“Don’t worry at least this way I can make sure you get fed properly.” Raido smiled.



-|--------|-



Author’s Note: Normally these go at the beginning of the story… but oh well… you will have to excuse any plot falls and spelling mistakes, I don’t have all of the series and only just started collecting the manga…and on top of that I cant’ find any decent episode summaries or guides for the 1st season of Saiyuki, so I just have to wing it, so my bad, plus I got n Beta either… and it takes time and patience… and if you know me twenty cigarettes late I’ll only be part way through chapter one… or in the kitchen eating ^^;


Disclaimer: I don’t own Saiyuki that is copyright of the great and wonderful (yes I know suck up aren’t I?) Kazuya Minekura, the only characters I own are the ones you don’t recognise… fancy that ;p I actually started out doing a counterpart fic for an Anime / Manga called Yami no Matsuei, but when I saw Saiyuki, the idea sprung to my head again… so here’s the low down on whose the counterpart of who if you haven’t figured it out yet… and a brief look in to their personalities and sort of backgrounds...



Raido (Nakiryu Sanzo): is Hakkai’s counterpart but she is a three quarter human a quarter demon, her father a half breed with blonde hair silver eyes defied all logic and got the daughter of a lecherous Sanzo priest pregnant. Her stepfather used to abuse her being that he hated demons an his brother was killed by one… Raido has a nasty habit of chain smoking, just like I do, she is somewhat rebellious in the fact when she was assigned the mission by the three aspects she told them to sit on it and rotate (uh oh!!) before telling them to find another smuck (our fav Sanzo got that gig) then they called her back and got her a deal, directions to somewhere a place she’s been looking for, so she’s headed west ironically this destination is on the way to India… She carries a scripture inside her beads, it is the 6th scripture created by the merciful Goddess after the creation of the first five, as a back up… the Henka Scripture… Raido carries this very scripture on her, she is the first known Sanzo priestess, and she causes quite a fuss, she’s normally very pleasant and has a smile for everyone kinda like a mother or elder sister figure, except for some reason most men annoy her (minus Hakkai), and she’s driven to her Sanzo moments constantly by Gojyo and Gojyo alone and she can’t figure out why… (she likes him but won’t admit it). So this twenty-one year old along the way picks up travelling companions three females each as different, but alike as each member of the Sanzo party. She carries with her a metal fan she uses on Gojyo rarely Goku and at least once Sanzo (oh my… Ehehehe) and she has at least an arsenal of twenty mantra guns underneath her robes, and later on she picks up a chain.



Vayu: is Sanzo’s counterpart, she is a full blooded human, her father was part of a previous Sanzo party, but was killed by demons when she was seventeen, she is a mind reader and clairvoyant she reads people’s emotions and has his uncanny knack to pick up any sort of gambling game with ease (much like Hakkai) she calls it luck, Gojyo calls it cheating ;p. Vayu is also a chronic chain smoker, there always has to be at least one in every group but this time it’s too. Vayu, she is some sort of mystic and has powers some would call dark and gothic, in appearance she wears a cape over her head all the time, well most of it. She had a normal upbringing and is often seen under a tree reading or in the four wheel drive (Fafnir) reading… She actually has a crush on Hakkai, and he just wants to help her to start with, but ends up falling in love with her, when the shortened version of her Goddess name is brought up. Kana… add one N and you get Kanan… scary co-incidence isn’t it? Actually it was when I wrote it and I was like… Oooops can’t change it now, so I worked with it… Vayu a twenty-year old temperamental woman is forever seen whacking Gojyo, Goku, Tejas about and she even gets a hit in on Cyran every now and again… Vayu carries a pair of Tonfa’s under her cape and fricken large mace on a stick kind… scares the bejesus out of Gojyo when he first sees it ;p



Cyran: is straightforward Gojyo’s counterpart, she likes guys, and she likes more than one guy at a time (too much information I know). She is seen as the weakest one of the four girls but she holds a secret and a power so great that the only way it can be released is by being on earth and living as a human… She is the Goddess of secrets and she always seems to have some kind of information about something, through her “sources” which vary in hot guys she takes to bed with her… but later on she drops the sleeping around, and she falls head over heels in love with Sanzo and tries to seduce him every which way which results in her most common lines… “Second time lucky…” or “Fifth time lucky…” even “Seventh time lucky…” lol this IS Sanzo we’re talking about, but ya can’t blame a girl for trying can ya? Her age visual age is about twenty-two, but actually is five hundred and twenty-one. She gets along well with Gojyo the two are good friends being that they have a couple of things in common… Trying to seduce a Sanzo being one, and feeling like the odd one out of the group. Cyran actually has no weapons and she can’t fight very well so it ends up in her getting saved a lot until Raido gives her one of her mantra guns to learn to use and she learns and fast… it’s the only weapon she has apart form her Goddess powers which she hasn’t unlocked yet…



Tejas: Goku's counterpart, A pink haired demon with exceptional power and Kougaiji’s surrogate daughter or little sister in a way, he watches out for her, and wanted to keep her out of Hotou castle for the obvious reason her power is so great she can summon Gods to do her bidding, if Koushou ever found that out, the revival of Gyumou would be off to grand jolly start, but Kougaiji doesn’t want Tejas to be a pawn. She is after all a cute, bubbly innocent young girl about the age of nineteen and she and Goku become good friends and fast, they want to spar together, eat together and hang out together. Goku develops a crush on Tejas but her link to her past life is stronger being that she is drawn to Homura, and she hasn’t even seen him, she says she thinks his name is pretty so he has to be pretty, her main vocabulary is “Homura”, “Can we eat yet?”, “Mmmmm Chocolate…” and “Raaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddooooooo…” She is a powerful demon but she’s always in her true form and hasn’t had the encounter of the black mist like the other demons being that she was sheltered away from it. She likes Raido a lot because Raido always feeds her and looks after her much like Kougaiji did, so she gets attached to people a lot and she even got attached to her little shape shifting dragon which she found and kept… naming it Fafnir, she can’t really talk to it very well and she has no licence so Raido takes up the job of driving being the one leading them on this journey. Tejas has a wooden staff that is actually two hidden swords in a stick and a whip that in a whim can ignite in to flames.



R & R let me know what you think if it works, if it doesn’t I’ve already written over two hundred pages, I just wrote this for my friends but I though “Meh why not put it up as a first Saiyuki fic” and that’s what it is, my VERY FIRST Saiyuki fic… it follows part of the series after Homura comes in to it… but you have to know these aren’t episodes I have many of or even seen, heck the manga I’m no where near that far… Anyways just let me know and such…

Forgive me if this uploads wrong MMO has some issues when I try to update my fic and crams alllllll the lines together…


To be continued…