Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Cynical Equilibrium ❯ Discrepancy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello! This is Siberian_angel, the author of Beyond the Sea (You're Under Arrest) and The Rant of Leo Von Frisch (Ragnarok). This is actually my 2nd written fic but because of time constraints and a lot other things, it became my third fic here. So please! Enjoy! And REVIEWS PLEASE!!!

DISCLAIMER: Wish I could, but I'm only a struggling writer and nursing student and so I can not own Gensoumaden Saiyuki, but I do own Meika and this fic.

CYNICAL EQUILIBRIUM

By: Siberian_angel

CHAPTER 1: Discrepancy

I descended unto the world below. I've done this time and time again, but still, the feel of the ground in this mortal land beneath my feet thrills me, just as it had on my first descent-with my brother. Like my brother, I was also a prisoner of our home, Heaven. We are gods, but our births were considered bad omens. We were treated like heretical creatures in the large Heaven were most beings-the gods-were hypocritical people. I was locked up in my own quarters in the main building since I could remember for the higher authorities fear that I might discover the power to control time and dimensions that had been born with me. Of course, I've known it all my life though I didn't let them know. I deceived them to free me. But that freedom-complete freedom-I finally attained only less than 500 years later after my brother locked himself in his own mind. Unlike me, my oniichan, Nataku was let free to roam in the vast land that is heaven. He was made into a fighting god simply because Heaven uses "unclean" people like us to do their dirty work. He was made into a "killing puppet." He can't even complain or reach his hand out to others. He was ever-obedient, although naughty at times. Like the time he painted nose hairs on the sleeping Kami-sama's face. Li Touten, our father, called him the "perfect son." But for me, he was the perfect brother. He was allowed in my quarters, one of the few visitors ever permitted, and we would play, talk, and joke a lot. Since I had the power of dimensions, I would defy space and sneak out with him to play in our "secret place," a place where nobody else comes and we were free to do as we please. But alas, the fun always had to end for fear someone might discover I know how to use my powers. We would not want anyone else in our little secret. That is, until he met a heretical creature from the world below. He was born from a rock on a mountain called Kaka. The people from below took him and he was then given to the Goddess of Mercy who in turn gave the boy to her nephew, Konzen Douiji. Konzen named the boy "Goku." Goku had become my brother's friend, the first he ever had aside from me and Shien. Goku even took care of my brother after he subdued the demon called Gyumao from the world below at the time, when no one else would. He even introduced me to Goku.

It happened on the same occasion after the "subduing." My brother was badly injured, having been let alone to fight the demon. I requested that I be let free to care for him, but I wasn't granted permission as I had sorely hoped. As determined as I was, I snuck out to care for him two days after he came back.

He was already swathed in bandages by the time I came. That was odd since no one else aside from me or Kanze would do this, but since both of us were restricted from seeing him, I wondered about the identity of the caregiver. Then came to my mind Shien, a soldier who cared for Nataku and treated him like a "young master." I sat down on a chair beside his bed, deciding to wait for him to wake up. As I was seated, he suddenly opened his eyes. "Oniichan!" I exclaimed quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear but him. "Meika?" he said as he looked at me with a smile. "What are you doing here? You might get caught." He attempted to sit up but I stopped him. "No one would take care of you and make you feel better unless Meika-chan did something!" I said cheerfully to loosen him up while fixing his blanket. "And besides I mad sure no one was outside your room. Shien was kind enough to bandage you." I said as I sat down. He looked at me and spoke seriously, "Shien didn't do this. He wasn't allowed to go near me." I was surprised. Since when did anybody care for us when not even our father would? "Really? Then, who did?"

He smiled as he took my hand and clasped it reassuringly in his own weak hand. "Remember? The boy I told you about last week?" I thought for awhile. "The one under the care of Kanze's nephew? That's nice of him. He took care of you when no one else would. I had requested Kami-sama to let me free to take care of you, but I wasn't-- " I was stopped at mid-sentence when we heard approaching footsteps. "Someone's coming." Nataku whispered worriedly. "I have to go." I said sadly. "Wait." He stopped me from disappearing. "If it's that boy, stay. Just hide if it's someone else, OK?" That sounded good so I agreed and hid in my dimension bridge. The door opened and a young boy with brown hair and golden eyes entered. He had shackles on both his wrists and ankles. He greeted my brother cheerfully. "Ne, Nataku?" he said with a start. "How are you feeling?" Nataku smiled at him. "I'm alright." My brother looked around to make sure nobody else was there. "Uhm…"

"What is it Nataku? Do you feel pain?" the boy asked worriedly. "No." my brother shook his head. "I just want you to keep a secret. Can you?" The boy looked puzzled. "Secret? I will! What is it?"

"You have to promise." Nataku urged him. "Promise!" My brother smiled. "Alright. C'mon Meika!" I came out of my hiding place. "A-a-a girl?!" The rugged boy said in surprise. "Sshh. This is my sister, Meika." Nataku introduced me. "Meika, this is…what's your name?" I sighed. "Oniichan, you befriend someone and didn't ask his name? Oniichan no baka." My brother defended himself. "He still didn't have a name back then!" The boy spoke up. "Goku. My name's Goku. Konzen named me." I smiled at me. "Nice to meet you, Goku. You have a nice name. Do you know what it means?" Shaking his head, he replied, "No. When I asked Konzen, he told me it was short enough for my brain to remember." Nataku and I laughed. "I also have a short name, so I think you can remember it." Someone who sees "ku," invisible things, is the meaning but I decided not to tell him knowing Konzen must've a reason for not telling him. "Ne, do you know Konzen?" he asked me. "Not really." I replied. "but I often see him when he passes by the corridors of the main building, and the Goddess of Mercy told me about him." Another set of footsteps was heard. I had to go before I was caught. Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder but still it surprised me. "Looking into nothing again I see."

********

That's it! Hehe… cliffhanger? Wait til the next chapter, ok? Please review!! I want to know how you feel about my writing style because when I asked my friends to review this, they all say good stuff but friends say that so not to hurt your feelings, so please!! Review!! Mwah! Thanks!!