Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Cynical Equilibrium ❯ Divergence ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yehey! Chapter 3…I'm almost done with my troubles. I've started finishing the part 2 of this story and I've started on a new fic for Ragnarok. Wish I could finish this and go for that much needed vacation…

DISCLAIMER: Wish I could, but I'm only a struggling writer and nursing student and so I can not own Gensoumaden Saiyuki, but I do own Meika and this fic.

CYNICAL EQUILIBRIUM

By: Siberian_angel

CHAPTER 3: Divergence

I rounded the corner to the pond of lilies in the annex building, the quarters of the Goddess of Mercy. In front of the pond, looking into an ever present abyss, sat that "special someone"-my brother. He stared into space, not noticing his surroundings. He was soulless, his mind locked forever in the recesses of his soul. I kneeled beside his chair and took a handkerchief and wiped the dirt off his face. "Oniichan, what happened to your face? You got dirty. If you can't keep your face clean, I'll ask Kanze to use a feather duster on you. Right, Kanze?" I turned to the goddess who just came to the pond. She has always found it amusing that I talk to my brother even if I'm not sure that he can hear me. But I know he can, I just know it! "You treat your brother like your own little toy doll." Kanze told me. I would've answered back, "It has always been that way, just the two of us," but thought it better to smile at her instead. I looked at my brother. I had grown up physically and now had the body of a 17 year old mortal girl while my brother still looked between 12 to 15 years in physical age. As if reading my thoughts, Kanze spoke to me, "You look older than Nataku, Meika. You've become mature." I made everything into a joke. "Hear that oniichan? If you don't return to your normal self, I would soon look like your mother and not your younger sister." I gave him a light punch on the cheek. "I'd kill you if that happens." Seriously, I turned to the Goddess. "I've been to the world below." I told her honestly. "I saw the party to the West." Kanze went behind Nataku's chair. "Hmm? Then, how's Homura?"

"Still trying to recruit me. But I'm firm on my decision not to get involved." I stood up and prepared to leave. "Before I left him, I gave him a lot of things to think about. Well Kanze, I have to go to the main building today." The goddess waved me away. "Don't worry. Nataku isn't going anywhere." I smiled at her intended pun. "I guess I'll be going now. Goodbye, Kanze." I said with a bow of respect. "Ja, oniichan!" After giving my brother a light kiss on the cheek, I ran my way out happily, but walked when I was no longer in view but still in earshot. I stopped in my tracks when I heard the goddess talk to my brother. "Nataku, when will you go back to your normal self? When will you regain your soul and stop hurting Meika? You have to protect your sister, Nataku. She's been through so much for you." I felt the tears threatening to fall but I kept my composure and walked back to the main building. I met Kanze's assistant, Jiroushin, on the way. "Meika-sama." He greeted me with a bow. I returned his greeting with a heartfelt smile.

After my brother lost his soul, Kanze decided to take him in since our father didn't care. A few day later, I received my freedom and Kanze also took me in so I can be with Nataku and care for him. We owe her so much. She's the only one in this cynical heaven who actually cared for both of us. That was 500 years ago, the year when Konzen Douiji, Kanze's nephew, Kenren Taisho, West Army General, Tenpo Gensui, Kenren's adjutant, and Son Goku, the heretic, were forced to leave Heaven, the three gods transmigrate, and Son Goku imprisoned in Mt. Gogyo, his memory of Heaven, including Nataku and me, sealed.

*****

Wahahahahah! Done at last with chapter 3. Onto chapter 4!! Thanks!