Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ I Loved Him One Upon aTime ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I loved him once upon a time.

By blinkie

I loved him once upon a time.

I loved his long red hair. It reminded me of sunsets on hazy summer days: the final glimpse of light before dark sets in. Even in the darkest night his hair never lost its shine.

It was a bright halo to a dying angel…

I loved washing and combing it, feeling the silky strands tangle in my fingers 'til they finally cascade down his back, a bloody waterfall. I think he loved it when I did that because I noticed he'd try to keep his hair clean and neat. But just like any other little boy, he'd horribly fail at that task. I didn't mind though, because that meant I get to run my hands through that magnificent mane again.

Though he cuts and tears it out in hate whenever mother would cruelly tell him it reminded her of blood.

I loved his red eyes, his beautiful red eyes.

Even if they were always shadowed with pain and confusion.

I especially loved the way they sparkled with excitement whenever I brought him to the village. Oh, you just couldn't imagine his excitement! He'd buy candy in this stall, then run to the next to buy a slice of cake, then to the next and next and next until my wallet's nearly empty. That was fine with me. He was an angel, my little brother, and I loved him so much that I would do anything for him. I'd do anything to make him happy.

Because he lived a life of misery and loneliness.

….I think it would be safe to say that he was happy whenever he was with me.

I loved him, but I killed him the night I killed mother.

The little boy I loved is dead now. I killed him. And a bitter stranger with the same red hair and red eyes took his place.

Though we hate each other now, I never really regretted what I did, because I killed him so he could live.

~end~

Author's note: Dokugakuji's feelings towards Gojyo are confusing. I wanted to explore them a bit more. Thus, this fic. I hope you liked it. I felt a bit sad when I wrote this and felt even sadder after.

I hope you understood the last lines of my fic ^__^

huggz, blinkie