Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Looking Back ❯ gaining and losing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"So, are you going to bed now?"
"If it's no trouble, I'd like to stay up for awhile."
"No trouble at all, so I still didn't quite get your name?" Hakkai finishes washing the dishes.
"..... I don't really have one....."
"... Oh? What do people usually call you?"
"... Either 'Miss' or 'Madam'"
"Well, what would you liked to be called, so we wouldn't be too confused? What about 'Kai'?"
"Kai? That's pretty...."
"O.K., so… Kai-chan… where's your parents?"
".....They were killed... before I was even born..."
"Oh my.... I'm so sorry..."
"It's ok..."
"I have a question though, how did you manage to survive without your mother giving birth?"
"They were involved in a huge crime somehow... so scientists came to investigate after the crime took place... They found my mother and noticed she was pregnant with a young fetus about half dead... so they cut her open... taken me out... and used me as an experiment..."
"You must have had a tough life..."
"Not really... My life was really short... It was an experiment to help the growth pace become faster..."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I'm really about three years old... but their experiment made me up to about an average 15 year old teenager... it makes the person grow five times faster than normal... though I hated it there so I got out... Now I'm going to live out here in a normal pace…"
"...I hope you'll be ok... Where are you heading? What are you going to do?"
"Revenge on the murderer who killed my whole family and even more..."
"...You know who?"
"Well, I was very sneaky and really curious about my family, they told me I was abandoned... but it didn't sound right... so I sneaked into the profile room and tried to find my record..... when I did, I found out a lot... and that my family was killed by one of my family members.... I couldn't believe it was one of us..." Starts to cry...
"Kai-chan… please... don't cry..." pats her back.
"... It was… my uncle..." Starts to stare at Hakkai's eyes... as if she knew him... deeply...
"..... You know..... revenge isn't always a very good idea... it won't solve anything... it just puts you in a bigger mess..." Wipes out the tears in her eyes...
"I know... but don't you think... it'll at least make you feel really good to know that the murderer is gone... and won't be able to ruin anyone else's life..." Giving such a proud feeling and a little smirk...
"..... Have you seen him? Do you know if he's alive or not?"
"Yes, I do... I saw him... enjoying his life, as if the crime never had occurred... that bastard..."
".....I think you should go to bed..... It's getting late..... and young girls as yourself needs their beauty sleep..." Pats her on the back and smiles.
"Thank you for listening..... I hope you sleep well tonight..." Smiles and leaves towards Hakkai's room "Good night!"
"G'night and pleasant dreams!" Goes towards the couch and gets comfortable "I hope she'll be alright..." goes into deep sleep.


ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo


'Hmm...' Hakkai gets up...
"Aaahh!!!"
'Not again... (sees the same as the dream before, but notices something different...)' a man in chains... with blood all over... "Goku! Wake up!"
"Help me!" Hakkai notices that voice.
"Kai!"
"Don't kill me... please!"
"Leave her alone!" Hakkai tries to reach out for Kai through the bars.
"Uncle! Don't hurt me anymore!" Kai pleading the other creature to not take her life away.
'Uncle?' and then before the man was about to strike... something grabbed Hakkai's shoulder.

"Ah!" Hakkai awakes breathing heavily. Then notices who grabbed his shoulder... it was Gojyo who was trying to wake up him. "What's wrong Gojyo?"
"You were having a nightmare...?" Giving such a worried look. "It was just like last night... are you sure you are ok?"
"Yes... I'm fine... please don't worry about me so much..."
"I'm sorry... I can't help it..."
"Go back to sleep..." But Gojyo still wouldn't leave the room and wearing a face saying 'I'm really worried...'
"Really! I'm fine! Now go back to bed..." He watches the red head go back to his room... then, himself, goes into deep sleep also.


ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo


Hakkai yawns... and rubs his eyes and..."Ah!" but then notices the figure "Oh... Kai-chan... you frightened me..." Gives the young lady a smile.
"I'm really sorry..."
"It's ok..."
"Hakkai-san... I really would like to thank you for last night..."
"Not need to thank me... you can talk to me about anything... and I'm glad you're feeling good and welcomed here..."
"Umm... Hakkai-san... may I ask you a favor...?"
"Sure, anything"
"May I call you 'Uncle?'"
"Uhh..." Confused...
"Well, to me, you're like a real uncle... just like the other children and their uncles... and I don't have any other living relative..."
"... What about your uncle?"
".........."
"Sure" Smiles as always.
"I'm so happy! I will never lie to you... Uncle... You can trust me to always tell the truth..." Smiles back.
"Are you hungry?"
"Sure!"
"All right! What would you want?"
"Uhh...?"
"All right... I'll just make whatever I can..."
"Thanks Uncle!"
"you're welcome..."
"...Uncle?" They see the priest who just came through the hallway. "you're related to this kid?"
"Her name is Kai... and we're not really related... she just needs someone..." Pats Sanzo on the shoulder.
"This lost puppy better not be in the way... or else..." Gives the stranger, well as he sees it, a glare. "and make me tea..."
"Okay"
"Morning..." Gojyo stretches his body, then giving a large yawn. Then he sees Hakkai "Are you sure you're all right?"
"Yes..."
".........."
"What happened?" The curious girl notices the worried ness in the man's eyes.
"Uhh... I just had a nightmare last night... don't worry... it was just a dream... not reality..." Trying to smile through it...
"Uncle... I hope you're ok..."
"Uncle?" 'He's related to her???'
"She asked me to be her uncle... and I agreed because everyone needs someone..."
"Oh, you can always count on Hakkai... he's always there 'for' everyone anyways..." Telling the girl that she picked the right guy. The young red just smiles back.
"Hey... you dumb ass... wake up the stupid monkey... tell him it's time to eat..."
"Why should I listen to a bastard as yourself... Oh... yes Sanzo-sama..." Sees the gun pointing right at him. The girl giggles and Gojyo leaves the room.

"Here's your tea..." Hakkai handing down the cup of tea to Sanzo...
"SHIT!!!" A yell from the half breed, and when heard... everyone else runs to the boy's room...
"What happened!?" Shock and fright has filled the brunette's whole body when he saw the room which was torn apart, as if a hurricane just came through... there was also some spots of blood on the walls and floor... but the worst thing was... "Where's Goku!?"
"He must of gotten into fight... but I didn't hear anything last night... where the fuck is that kid!?" Gojyo throws everything all over, while in search for the boy. Nowhere to be found...
"What the fuck is that...?" Hakkai looking at the mirror, which was broken, seeing his name... in blood... "... 'Hakkai'... what do they want with me?..."
"If that bastard ever shows his face... especially if that monkey is even hurt or he even tries to lay a finger on Hakkai... he's gonna die... right Sanzo!?... Sanzo?"
"Where's the monkey?" Hakkai and Gojyo was surprised to see that his gun was pointing right at Kai who, is just staring right into the violet eyes of the priest. "Tell us where or else you die..."
"Sanzo... how can you even think it would be Kai-chan?" Hakkai pulls the young girl behind him and away from Sanzo.
"All this shit happened, ever since 'she' got here..." Still has the gun pointing right at the girl's head.
"She couldn't have... she's too young and Goku is far too strong for her... Isn't that right Kai...?" Wishing for the answer he hopes for... but nothing came out... she was just staring straight at Sanzo.
".........." Sanzo slowly puts his gun down... but still hasn't changed his mind about wanting to kill Kai.... he really wants to... it's just a feeling...

"What if its Chin-I-Sow?" Hakkai worries it's the same youkai who tried to kill his friends once before...
"But you killed him..." Gojyo remembering not too long ago that he was nearly killed by the bastard... and even closer... by Sanzo… 'bastard.'
"That didn't stop him before..." Hakkai said reminding him that he killed him before, but he still came back.
"... well I guess its possible..." Gojyo not liking it...
"Uncle... how did... uhh... 'Chin-I-Sow' come back before?" Kai giving a really curious face.
"He used a majan to come back..." Worried that he'll do it again.
"Why?"
"He wanted revenge on me... for something I had done long ago..." Having pain just by having these memories...
"What did you do?"
"Can you shut up... I can't handle this anymore!" Surprised to what he just said... especially to a girl who calls him 'Uncle.'
".........." Gives him a glare... it seems like the same glare she gave when they first met... and just awhile ago... to Sanzo.
"Uhh... I'm sorry Kai... please forgive me..." Hakkai pleads and is worried 'Why... why is she torturing me?'

"...Fine... I'm sorry I asked you so many questions... and that I hurt you... I can tell by your face you're really worried and frightened... We should start looking for your friend...Uncle..." Relaxes a bit.
"Thank you... lets look through town first..." Hakkai smiles... as if nothing has happen but you can tell by his tone, he's scared to death.
"Uncle... if we don't find him in this town, we should search outside town tomorrow... sounds good?" The young red head looks up at the man with a smile.
"..........." Sanzo... not feeling comfortable with the plan... but what else is there.
"Sounds ok to me..." Gojyo... really worried about his best friend.
"Okay... We should split into two groups... I'll go with Kai-chan..." Smiles at the teenager doing the same.
"What!? And you're leaving me with this asshole!?"
"Shut your mouth kappa..." Hits the crimson man's head with his mysterious fan...
"You know... where does that gun and fan come from?" Rubbing his head and follows the other three out.
"Yell if anything happens ok... meet here at 10:00 p.m. at the latest." Sanzo orders them as he usually does.
"Good luck" Hakkai having hope to find the young boy. And they split going in opposite directions.


ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo


"No where to be found..." Hakkai carrying Kai-chan back to the house.
"Don't worry... I know you can find him... Uncle..."
"I wonder if the others had any luck..."
"Well, actually no..." The two saw the priest and kappa heading towards the house from the opposite direction with cigarettes hanging lazily in their mouths. "No one saw or heard anything..."
"Weird, huh? Nothing... as if magic... Well, I can see you guys didn't have any luck either..." Gojyo puts out his smoke.
"No..." Hakkai puts Kai down and unlocks the door. "Hungry?"
"I just want a beer..." Gojyo said lazily as he heads to the couch.
"Tea..." Sanzo asked while putting out his cigarette.
"Not really... water will be good..." Kai asks politely.
" ...Ok..." Heads to the kitchen with his artificial smile.
"Uncle is really worried..." She watches Hakkai going to the kitchen.
".........." Sanzo... acting as if he didn't hear her.
"I'm worried bout the guy..." Gojyo showing a serious face for once.
"Here you all are..." Hands each person the drink they asked for, and a cup of tea for himself.
"Thanks Uncle" Takes the glass and drinks the whole thing in a matter of seconds. "I'm off to bed..."
"No one leaves here, we all sleep together... I don't want to take any risks..." Hakkai grabs Kai's arm.
"You can sleep on the couch Kai..." Gojyo gets up.
"Okay" Lays the couch which Gojyo was once sitting. "G'night!"
"Night..." Hakkai takes blankets from the cupboard, tucks Kai in one, and hands the others to Gojyo and Sanzo.
"Fine... I get the chair..." Sanzo takes the blanket, and heads for the armchair.
"Well, good night..." Gojyo says as he settles on the floor.
"Night..." Hakkai fasts right asleep, next to Gojyo.