Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 16: If only... I could take you back with me ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: If only… I could take you back with me…

Shyirin sat on her bed, looking outside her window, on a rainy morning. Clad in her normal sleeping clothes, the girl had been staring all the time. The ceiling filled with cobwebs, the scent of burned incense, and the rhythm of the silent footsteps nearby filled her hearing senses. Her mind was a complete blank. The sound of a Qin was heard. The melody it arouses was wild and smooth. Then, she felt a soft silk blanket covering her shoulders.

"Shyirin, what's upsetting you?"

It was Sanzo. She gazed outside still and replied gently,

"Nothing."

Sanzo put his arms around her shoulder. Shyirin rubbed her chin softly against his palm.

"Sanzo… if only… I could take you back with me… Wouldn't that be wonderful? To see my life back in town, to see my friends back there, to meet my parents… imagine how wonderful life would be with you by my side, everyday to support me! But…"

Shyirin let out a soft sigh.

"…that would never happen. You have a life here. I wish to be with you always forever. If only wishes do come true…"

Sanzo put his head on Shyirin's soft head. Shyirin turned around and gave a weak smile. She put her left hand on her heart.

"My heart beats faster usually but when I'm talking to you, my heart feels at rest. I feel like you're the only person I can communicate well with. Are we on the same wavelength?"

Sanzo slowly pulled Shyirin closer to his heart. Shyirin felt warm in his embrace.

"Do you feel mine?"

Shyirin nod her head.

"Shyirin, there's a thousand things I'd like to say to you but there's no way I know how to say them out loud. I feel so sorry for myself."

"You don't have to, Sanzo. I hear them all the time from your heart inside."

She moved in nearer and closed her eyes to sleep.

In Gojyo's room, Li Shi and Gojyo were having a conversation.

"So, Gojyo, what do you think about Sanzo and Shyirin?"

"I'd say it's a reward from the Gods."

Li Shi laughed and grinned. Gojyo was enchanted by that kind of impish grin she had. Gojyo felt something in his pocket.

Now it's the right time to ask her…

"Li Shi!" he cried.

He went on his knees and slipped something into her finger. She gasped in surprise and admiration.

"How would you like to have your own love story on the same boat with me?"

"But Gojyosama, it's only been 2 months since we met and…"

"I know it's a little too early but I just… don't want to lose you like I did last time."

Li Shi looked at the blood-colored garnet gold ring around her finger.

Gojyo is serious… I've always wanted to be with him always. Call me stupid and blind but… "I agree."

Gojyo couldn't believe his ears.

"Really?"

Li Shi nodded her head in agreement.

"Xu Li Shi, you made me the happiest man on Earth!" he cried and held Li Shi in his arms.

"I'm never going to let you go, ever."

"I don't intend to."

The both of them stood and had a warm sweet kiss together softly.

Shyirin woke up. Sanzo was not there anymore. She held on tight to the necklace around her neck. Shyirin felt strange. It was as if Sanzo was a dream. It was as if he was never there at all. Was it all just a dream? Sanzo's willowy figure would cover the window shade of hers… but he just wasn't there. Shyirin got up to her feet and looked around for him. She crept opened the room door and slowly opened it. The scenery had changed. The land looked barren and dry. The trees were crumpled and short. She took a step and felt icy cool water beneath her feet.

"What happened here?"

She walked forward. The sky seemed to burning with hot fire. She fell to her knees and looked at a small grave filled with yellow lilies. The name of the grave was covered. She wiped the dirt off it and the moment she saw the name of the grave, she began to cry. It was not her grave, but it was Sanzo's. She hugged the grave and held it tightly.

What was this?

Is this a punishment?

Then, a willowy black figure stood behind her and said,

"This monk over here tried to escape death and save the rest of us in the Demon Tower. Some bad kind of Goddess fired out a shot and it hit the Monk. He died after that. The goddess I heard was his lover or something. Killed herself, I heard. The rest decided to bury the monk here."

Shyirin turned around.

"This isn't true!"

"Oh, yes it is… this happened 50 years ago."

"NO!!!!"

Shyirin woke up with tears in her eyes. Sanzo was in front of her eyes. She shed a few silvery tears and held Sanzo tighter. She wanted to make sure he was really there before her eyes. Sanzo felt the rush.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing… it just all a dream… a dream…"

The clouds parted from their happy reunion. The birds returned to start off where they have left off. Shyirin woke up from her slumber. Sanzo was by the window, peering outside. Shyirin rubbed her eyes and yawned. Sanzo turned at Shyirin,

"What? Just slept a few hours ago and now, you wanna rest again?"

He laughed. Shyirin pretended to be hurt and pouted.

"Oh, come on. I was just kidding. Don't do that small childish face of yours. Makes you look like a 6 year old."

Shyirin laughed and got out of bed. She still had the sleepy face. She put her arms around Sanzo and pulled him close.

"You've changed…"she whispered in his ear.

"Shyirin, ever since I met you, I felt something change inside of me. Your smile, your laugh, your tears… each moment meant a lot to me. It was like magic. It was like destiny. It was like the strings of fate pulled us together. Shyirin, you made me different from who I was before… and I feel, grateful… and now… I don't really know what to say. My mind gets confused each time I tell you the things I want to say to you! I feel nervous, and my heart can't stop beating quickly! But… if this goes on, how can I let you know how much you mean to me? I… "

Shyirin shushed him up and replied,

"You don't need to… your eyes tell me everything. They're the most honest things I've ever seen. Your hand movements, your loving gestures… they tell me everything. You only wanted to be loved but you can't feel them because you hid yourself too long down the cold side. Goku helped you pull through but it was not enough. I wonder if I'm enough to change you."

She then continued,

"I also wanted to be like you when I met you for the first time. I wanted to be brave and face the challenges of life by my own. I was wrong. Now I know, even though you are brave and stronger against life, life can't be completed without anybody to care for. I found that in Goku, Gojyo, Hakkai, Li Shi, Mei Shi, Hikari, Ying Hui, Juno, Isis, Demeter but most of all, I found that in you. I'm a believer in love now, and my full trust goes into the hands of God and love."

Shyirin shed a little tears and laughed,

"Silly me! I'm crying for no reason. I think I'm the worst kind of girl a guy would like to have."

Sanzo pulled himself apart and smiled. He said,

"No, you're a dream, you're my dream and you're the best to me. Now, come. Let us go and see the rest of the guys."

He gave his hand out and Shyirin took it, holding it tight. She nodded her head and the both of them walked out the door.

"WHAT?! MARRIED?! Unbelievable people, they are!" cried Mei Shi.

The rest of the group is congratulating Gojyo and soon-to-be Mrs. Gojyo. Sanzo and Shyirin just arrived.

"What's going on?"

"Gojyo and Li Shi are to be married soon?" exclaimed Goku excitedly. Sanzo laughed,

"Gojyo rushing at things is unbelievable. Well, all I … I mean, we can say is Congratulations." Shyirin continued,

"Good luck, both of you."

Gojyo felt embarrassed and laughed. Li Shi held his hand tightly. Mei Shi sniggered and taunted Sanzo,

"So, when are you both getting hitched?"

Sanzo and Shyirin blushed scarlet. Hakkai laughed at them. Shyirin replied,

"Well… we haven't thought of it yet…it hasn't come across our minds yet…" "M-marrying is a little rushing isn't it? It's just only five months Sanzo and I got together."

"But you both have been like that for a year and a half already!" cried Mei Shi.

Gojyo jeered,

"Shyirin would probably have to think twice before marrying this cigarette breath, drinking, hot-tempered, cold, selfish, rude, demon-killing, trigger-happy priest l-"

"SANZO'S NOT LIKE THAT!"

All eyes turned to Shyirin, who flushed all red.

"Sanzo's changed. He's stopped smoking much, he doesn't drink anymore, he's calmed down, he's warmer now, he's not cold, he's not selfish, he's not rude at all… he's practically a nice guy. I don't care how many demons he has killed in this life, I'm sure you guys also kill them as well, right? Sanzo's changed a lot… and as far as I know, as long as I love Sanzo, nothing else matters," she replied.

Sanzo looked at Shyirin, closed his eyes and whispered her name softly.

"Shyirin's right. It doesn't matter whether the guy is a trigger-happy priest, or an ever-hungry monkey, or a sinful wise-guy or a horny water demon, as long as we understand him more, nothing else matters. The past is the past, we should look up to the future," Ying Hui commented.

Shyirin was relieved. At last, someone understands her. Sanzo decided to turn away from them and leave the crowd quietly to have his own peace. He walks a few steps and felt a warm presence catch his hand. It was Shyirin.

"Sanzo, I wanna follow you wherever you go."

Sanzo gave a thin smile and nodded. The two of them left the crowd, hand-in-hand without taking notice at the rest of the world. Hakkai, amused at their display, commented,

"Those two are so completely in love with each other that the rest of the world does not matter to them. We can't judge them from any way at all. It's them who have to judge for themselves. These couple is like Heaven met Earth, the Phoenix met the Dragon, the soul meeting up with the body. Those two are complete, inseparable and more that no other words can describe."

Gojyo smiled as he thought,

`Sanzo and Shyirin are a match made long before.'