Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 19 : Fly away and free yourself ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: Fly away and free yourself

Sanzo looked at the rest. Today was a very boring day. Goku had nothing to do but sleep. Mei Shi tried to do useful but only found her asleep. Hakkai was busy playing cards with Gojyo, Li Shi and Ying Hui. It was a very lazy day…until Shyirin came up.

"Sanzo, let's go to the hills. It'll be great there."

"We can't possibly go anywhere. Even Hakuryu and the horses are too tired to run under this hot weather."

Shyirin winked and said, "Don't worry. I've got a plan."

She took Sanzo's hand and slipped away from the boring crowd.

On top of the roof, Shyirin and Sanzo stood and waited.

"Well?"

Shyirin put her hands together and started chanting. Then, out of nowhere, sprouted 2 wings from her back. Shyirin told Sanzo,

"Hang on around me."

Sanzo put his arms around Shyirin's neck as Shyirin jumped off the roof and soared high into the sky.

"Hold on tight. You don't wanna fall down there."

Shyirin placed her hands around Sanzo as they both sailed through the sunny sky.

Shyirin touched the hill ground softly, not to drop Sanzo off. Sanzo released himself from Shyirin as her wings disappear behind her back without a trace. Shyirin held Sanzo's hand and led him into a large forest filled with vines.

`Strange… I've been here before. But when was it?' he thought.

Shyirin stopped and pointed to Sanzo a large waterfall.

"Remember now, Sanzo? This was the waterfall we stopped by before when I was first here. Still beautiful, isn't it?"

Sanzo nodded in agreement. Nothing has changed at all. Shyirin slipped her shoes and skirt off. Then, she jumped into the water and swam, feeling cool and refreshed. Sanzo took off his robe and put his feet into the cerulean calm water.

`This was much better than staying back in the mansion.'

Shyirin swam closer and pulled Sanzo by surprise into the water. Sanzo and Shyirin both got into the water. Sanzo swam backwards while Shyirin followed him. Sanzo stopped and placed his feet to touch the soft sand below. Shyirin trailed him and laughed,

"This is better, isn't it?"

Sanzo smiled and Shyirin pinched his cheek.

"You're cute when you smile. I like you better like this."

Sanzo pushed Shyirin's matted fringe behind her. He pulled Shyirin closer slowly towards him and made sure the both of their lips met. Shyirin received the kiss like anyone should… with an added pinch to the back. Sanzo cried out in pain as Shyirin swam away, laughing. Sanzo recovered and pretended to drown. Shyirin laughed and waited for Sanzo to appear. She waited awhile until she felt something was amiss. She swam as fast as she could there, only to find herself pulled into the water by Sanzo who made his getaway by stealing a kiss. Shyirin chased after him and splashed round with Sanzo in the water as they made their romantic play together.

It was by dusk Sanzo and Shyirin set out back home. The moment they touched the ground, everyone was shouting back at them.

"Sanzo, where did you go? We were worried about you two!"

"Why are you both drenched?"

"You guys left us behind bored to death!"

"How could you leave us behind, Sanzo?"

Sanzo and Shyirin laughed and went off into their rooms. Hakkai folded his arms and continued,

"Well, Sanzo and Shyirin wanted to keep it private. We shouldn't spoil their fun."

He laughed to himself and thought,

`At least, Sanzo's changed.'

The dinnertime was filled with loud screams, laughing, fighting and plates crashing. It was never a quiet dinner here.

"Gojyo, that was not fair! That dumpling was mine!"

"Sorry, saru, finders' keepers, losers' weepers."

"Mei Shi! That was not funny!"

"If it wasn't, why were you laughing, Li Shi?"

"People…"

"Hahaha… the green tea tastes good today."

"Sanzo, why are you quiet tonight?"

"…"

The crowd was makin' lots of noise until…

"Hikari?"

Hikari came in, injured and limping. Her greenish-cerulean hair covered her whole face as her body was bleeding from cuts and fresh blood poured onto the ground and flesh a horrific piece of art. She landed on the floor and lay unconscious. Gojyo and all helped her back to the guest room.

"Shyirin!" Hikari cried. She has awoken. The whole group was with her. Shyirin held Hikari hand in hers gently.

"What is it, Hikari? Tell us."

Sanzo was standing by the side door, smoking. He figured it was better he stayed out of this. Hikari gasped out,

" must…look for… Himura… we're… surrounded… Serpent Crest… here."

Hikari felt her lungs choke and fainted. The air was thick and made all one by one all of them to choke and faint. Shyirin couldn't breathe and gasped for fresh air but the thick air pressure pushed her lungs too hard, causing her to faint. The darkness took over as a shining gleam of eyes that watched them fall came closer towards them.

Sanzo woke up and felt something wet on his lips. Blood… not any demon blood, not human either… Sanzo got up and looked around. Hakkai, Gojyo and Goku just got up.

"What happened?"

"Beats me."

The four of them heard a loud explosion. Without hesitation, they ran out of the room, only to find that there was a war happening at the top of the tower.