GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures In Bansitting ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Part 2:
 “Ban-chan! BAN-CHAN!” Ginji raced down to the lower level to where Ban's clothes lay. “No... Ban-chan...” Ginji fell to his knees by the clothes, and noticed a lump in them. Moving aside Ban's shirt, Ginji blinked at his findings. “Ban-chan?” The tiny baby looked up at Ginji with huge blue eyes and smiled, lifting his tiny arms out to Ginji. “Ban-chan... you're a baby!” The baby, Ban, gurgled at Ginji as he wrapped the tiny boy in the white shirt. “Granted, you are a very cute baby.” Ban giggled. “Well, lucky us, we defeated most of the guards, so it shouldn't be too hard to get the plans back.” Ginji nuzzled the soft brown hair at Ban's temple. “Maybe we can ask Watari-san if he can change you back? I mean, it was the plans for his machine, right? Although why he never realized they were missing until now is anyone's guess.” Ban yawned against Ginji's neck and settled in Ginji's arms. “Yeah. You're right. I really shouldn't try to think about that now. Get back the plans, then get back Ban-chan's real age.” Ban was fast asleep. “...So cute.” Ginji smiled at the tiny body in his arms as he gathered up the rest of Ban's clothes, (Tank top, pants, underwear, socks, shoes, glasses.) and put them each into his pack.  “I should have enough room for the plans.” and with that he shouldered his pack and walked out.
~~
“Amano-san! Where is Midou-san? Is he alright?”
“Yes, Tatsumi-san, Ban-chan's fine... sorta.” Ginji hefted the baby in his arms. “He got shot by this gun thingy that was there, and, well, this happened. I was going to ask you, Watari-san, if you could fix it. I mean, it was your machine that did this, so you should be able to fix it, right?” Watari looked thoughtful. “Right?”
Watari bent down and cooed at Ban. “You are so cute! Yes you are! You are such a cute baby!”
Ban stared at Watari like he was insane.
Ginji handed over the plans. “You don't have to pay us if you can fix Ban-chan and make him right again.”
“Well...”
“I'm sure Watari can fix this.” Tatsumi said, glasses glinting menacingly.
Watari gave a tiny squeak and spun to face Ginji again. “Of course I can!”
“Really?!” Ginji beamed at Watari. “Thank you, Watari-san!”
“I'll get back to you later on in the week with any results I find.  Come, Tatsumi! We have an endeavor of grand scientific proportions!”
Tatsumi sighed. He shook his head and turned to Ginji, handing over the money. “Here. You'll need it to take care of Midou-” He seemed stuck for a few seconds before deciding. “-chan anyway. We will see you in a few days. Good day, Amano-san.”
“Bye!” Ginji waved as the two men turned and left.
“Ginji?” Paul came out of the back room, where he had gone to get his other pack of cigarettes.
“Hello, Master!” Ginji chirped.
“Where's.... is that Ban?”
“Yeah, we had a little accident during the retrieval, but Watari-san said he could fix him and so I'm not too worried... but I have no idea how to care for a baby!”
“Well, I suggest diapers. Lots of them.”
“Anything else?”
“Hi! I have a job fo- Ban-kun?!” Hevn walked over. “What happened?!”
“An accident during the retrieval. The client said he'd fix it, though, so it's okay! Ban-chan's just gonna stay like this for a few days.”
“He's such a cute baby!” Hevn cooed. Ban fisted his tiny hands in Ginji's vest. “I wanna hold him!” There was a few seconds of silence before Ban started wailing. Hevn stared at the wailing baby as Ginji tried to comfort him. “He really doesn't like me, does he?”
“Ummm... Maybe he's just hungry?”
“I doubt it.”
“Hevn-san, could you help me? I have no idea what I'm gonna need to take care of Ban-chan...”
“I can help you with that!” She laughed. “Oh this reminds me of when my sister had her kid. I helped her go shopping then, too.” Hevn smiled and stroked Ban's hair, who had finally settled down. “Want to go shopping, little one?”
“I could watch him while you guys go.”
“Okay...” Ginji handed Ban over to Paul, who mournfully snubbed out his cigarette (`What a waste.' he thought.) and cradled Ban as if he were a piece of glass. “Jeez, he's a tiny one.”
Ginji just smiled. “Be good for Paul, okay Ban-chan?” Ban blinked at him. “I'll be back soon. I promise, okay?” Ginji kissed Ban's forehead and walked out with Hevn.
Ban started crying again.
“Shhh, shhh. Its okay, Ban. He said he'd be back, don't worry...” Paul stroked Ban's hair and walked back and forth with him. “Shhh, it's okay.”
Ban cried the whole time Ginji was gone.
End of Part 2