GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ The Faerie Tale Version Arc ❯ The Dark Faery Tale ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Faery Tale Version Arc

 

-The Dark Bedtime Story-

 

 

"Kasan, tell me the story of the snake demon, please!" the little boy was bouncing up and down, his big amber eyes pleading.

 

His mother rolled her own set of ambers and smiled, pulling her child up into her lap. He grinned as she began telling the story.

 

"Not too long ago, a few years before you were born in fact, there was a boy who wandered the world as a cast away trapped in the grasp of an old witch. She had taken him after his cruel parents had cast him out when they realized he held the mark of the snake demon-"

 

"-Assepius!"

 

"Asclepius," She corrected patiently "And yes, the snake demon Asclepius. The boy was marked from a young age, so the witch, who was also marked, took him and forced him to learn as much as he could. Along with the knowledge of the world, she also taught him how to use a power with his eyes-"

 

"-Jagan!" he interrupted again, and his mother laughed and nodded.

 

"Yes, the Jagan, or the Evil Eye. With this power, he could make people see whatever he wanted them to, their worse fears, or the things they wanted the most. Along with the Jagan, the witch also sealed the demon into the boy's right arm, giving him a 2000 kilo grip in both arms. So even though he was really thin and light, he was extremely powerful."

 

"And fast! Don't forget fast!"

 

She laughed "Right, so fast, that if you blink, you'll miss him! Eventually, the witch sent him to study with another witch, who was extremely old, almost a hundred, but used magic to make herself look young. Well, soon after, the boy disappeared for a while. No one, even the witches, knew how to find him."

 

The little boy in her lap was listening intently. His big golden eyes looking up at her, begging for more of the story he'd heard so many times, he knew the whole story by heart. His mother kissed his forehead, and continued with the story.

 

"Throughout the time he was hiding, he was never truly alone. The demon in his arm spoke to him and helped him. He was there for the boy when he needed a friend most, and when the boy didn't know what to do, the demon was there. Always watching over him.

 

"Well, the boy met a Princess* and her brother, a dark man who became a blessing* to the boy. They took him in and together they became thieves. Sadly, the boy's happiness was short lived and he had to kill the dark man, or else a curse would take hold and he would've killed them both." This was always the part of the story where her son would get upset, and she wiped his watery eyes with a part of her shirt. "Well, before he killed his friend, he promised to take care of the Princess. Sadly, the Princess saw the boy standing over the body of her brother. Assuming that he had actually betrayed them instead of protecting her, she swore revenge.

 

"Once again, the boy had to escape. He had lost his family again, and he believed it was his fault, that he was actually a demon, that he didn't deserve love or friendship, no matter what the snake demon in his arm said to him. Asclepius couldn't get him to change his mind. So he ran to a dangerous place made up of an even blend of illusion and of reality."

 

"The Infinity Fortress, right Kasan?" His Kasan nodded.

 

"Without knowing what he was doing, he was looking for someone worthy to kill him. He figured, he was a demon, and demons had to be vanquished, so he was looking to be vanquished.

 

"When he reached there, he found, and fought, an angel.

 

"The 'demon' saw him as worthy. But when he told the 'angel' to kill him, he didn't. The angel saw the boy's heart for what is was, and instead believed in him, which was his greatest strength in fighting the evil of the fortress. The angel saw what Asclepius saw in the demon, and showed him friendship. So instead, the demon left, and the angel left with him, taking with him the light of Infinity Fortress, or so everyone else thought.

 

"Together the demon and the angel became Dakkanya and for a price, set out to find and give back things that had been stolen from people. Along the way, the demon reconciled with the Princess, who became Lady Poison, and though he was at first blamed for taking the angel away, they all soon saw how much happier he was and realized the demon had done good. Soon, a strange bond grew and they all fought alongside each other.

 

"Asclepius still remained, now not only talking to the self named demon boy, but also to the angel, acting as a link between them. Through him, they always knew when the other was in trouble and could tell when the other was feeling powerful emotions. Soon, Asclepius became less of a guide and more of a constant reminder that the boy was no longer alone.

 

"It took a long time, but after awhile, the angel, along with the help of the others, was able to help the boy find his own wings and light, and make him realize he wasn't the force of evil he thought he was, but as caring and compassionate as the rest of them.

 

The little boy grinned as the story ended. "Now," His mother said, "Wan Kisho. Time for bed!"

 

"Awww, I don't wanna go to bed!"

 

"You have to."

 

"But…" He wibbled at her and she rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't give your mother a hard time." Kisho's father stood in the doorway. Kisho looked between both of his parents then sighed. He slid off of his mother's lap and trudged of to his bed.

 

"I'll be up there in a minute to check on you." His mother called after him "Remember to brush those teeth." She turned to her husband and smiled.

 

"Same story as before?" He asked.

 

"Of course, Paul. He loves it. Who'da thunk it, Ban makes a great bedtime story."

 

Paul laughed and pulled his wife close to him, kissing her squarely on the lips, his hand finding it's way down the back pocket of her jeans. "Well, Hevn, you do a good job at telling it."

 

Hevn chuckled, "You're just complementing me cause you want something tonight."

 

Paul grinned "Maybe…" he kissed her again when an irritated 6 year old appeared at the top of the stairs.

 

"Ahem!"

 

They laughed and Hevn broke the embrace. "Give me a minute." She jogged up the stairs, shooing Kisho back into his room.

 

"Kasan," He said as he climbed into bed "Can you tell me-"

 

"No." Hevn interrupted quickly.

 

"How about-"

 

"Nada."

 

He wibbled at her, his big amber eyes pleading with her "Kid, I work with Ginji, and those are my eyes your using, it ain't gonna work."

 

He pouted and laid back in his bed. "Okay… fine, I'll go to sleep."

 

Hevn smiled warmly at her son and kissed his forehead. "Good. The sooner you sleep, the sooner Ojisan will come."

 

"That's right! Ban's coming!" with that he instantly rolled over and snuggled up under the covers. Hevn rubbed his back then left the room, saying good night as she closed the door.