GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ The Yellow Backdrop: Vagueness and Memories ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE YELLOW BACKDROP: Vagueness and Memories

 

+++++++

 

Raw jagan lad I am, gone with the sleep of awakened rage and torn scorn. Toothed buildings surrounded my eyesight, broken windows and broken hearts of the citizens of the Infinity City of nothingness; windstorms have started to crack my lips from cigarettes and it was discomforting, save for the restlessness caffeine drinks have been giving me. Over and over again, I look for anyone but myself.

 

Dashing off of noir, I waged my own hostilities at the sight of numerous men of psychotic faces. Neon colors distinguished themselves from each other - green, blue, orange and red, some pink even. With this I threw my own kind of psychotic face, trying not to overwhelm the calling of snake within. In a split second thunders came rushing down the sky, the rain pouring subsequently. In this kind of understanding I have loss my awareness but not my sanity, for the two are different things. In existence for wane, notwithstanding, I'm wondering.

 

"If you want to stay alive you better leave this place,"

 

Another breakdown of thunders accompanied by lightning splattered from the sky. Five other men stood up caressing either their stomach or head, bleeding from my beating. My back felt jabbed by the rain that kept pouring on my back, but somehow, at the back of my mind, the vortex of my perception and conception, lays a comforting sound from the words uttered by the blond lad in front of me. With eyes of resolute from fear, I looked straight up, only to be deafened by the rowdy sounds of lightning ascending from the blond lad's body.

 

+++++++

 

Ginji frustratingly closed his eyes at an attempt for a slumber, but it seems that his consciousness won't let him. Bearing in mind where he is, aware of the restful layers of cloth behind his back, raising questions on his head, down some hazy views outside the ghastly windows as he looks. "I'm on a apartment, don't I remember?"

 

And Kazuki was stealthily coming. It never was Shido's idea but he became Kazuki's partner in crime nonetheless, the two of them now beside Ginji's window, glossy from the beams the moon was emitting.

 

+++++++

 

I'm just forty-three sighs of swirling thoughts all over my head, just waiting for Ginji to come. Had I been waiting two hours ago I do not know, at least not anymore. Planning for torture as soon as I see the yellow backdrop of Ginji's tresses, I'd play with those limbs and rip them apart, consigned by the virtue of giving myself justice for waiting for Ginji for exactly two hours and fifteen minutes. So I was counting after all.

 

As I sip on the coffee Mr Paul sneered at me.

 

"Don't worry I'm going to pay this one,"

 

"Would you?"

 

I offered myself a sneer too, "I'm sure Ginji's coming with the money,"

 

"You always don't have any money,"

 

"Really?" I half-smiled devilishly, "Then why do have an apartment, huh?"

 

"You'd leave that place as soon as Ginji comes here,"

 

"How dare you be pessimistic on your friends!"

 

"I'm not pessimistic, it's called being realistic,"

 

+++++++

 

Down in Ban's last cigarette he strolled on the yacht like he owned the big sailboat. Thanks to Akabane his pack of cigars are now drenched; looking for Ginji is very vexing like waking up from an alcoholic hangover. More than the realization of Ginji's unknown whereabouts is his wariness for enemies - two bald arrogant monk-looking experts of unknown but yet to be introduced metallic weapon that to Ban is a kilogram away from his snakebite. And that deadly swordsman who has disassociate personality disorder. Or was it a split one? Ban nevertheless didn't care and strolled some more to find a certain man of yellow backdrop.

 

"Venus de Milo!"

 

The lady-sounding man could only smile at such amusement, "I think it's the New York Statue,"

 

"Oh,"

 

And his brother told him he was a dangerous fellow.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Ginji. Ginji Amano!" the blond man said happily, content with a lick on his pink sundae.

 

"I see..."

 

+++++++

 

I was dead before I knew it, another bill on my credit rolled in the monetary eyes of Mr Paul. As I was sitting on the pavements begging for food, again, Ginji swallowed at the sight of dimsum a passing child held.

 

"You sick,"

 

"I'm hungry,"

 

"You failed the mission!"

 

"I'm hungry,"

 

"You didn't get the device that was supposed be retrieved!"

 

"I'm hungry,"

 

I stood, finally giving up. "We're homeless and we've got a buck on our pockets, you failed the mission and you're still daydreaming of dimsum?!"

 

"Ban-chan... I..." Ginji stood up too, an unknown shot of enthusiasm shoring up his veins, an unknown sympathy endeavoring to catch me.

 

"I..."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm hungry,"

 

+++++++

 

Electric mist shrouded Ban's sight and a lightning gushed in front of him, but he managed to dodge the deadly attack, but winced as blood splattered in his shoulder. Ban looked up to find the spiky blond man standing in the threshold of rusty metals cloaked in lustrous filaments of lightning, cultured in its psyche. The man wasn't moving yet he managed to maim at Ban. With a sprawl of a palm another burst of explosion was emitted in the land of Infinity City and Ban jumped high enough to reach and grab the blond man but it was too late, the other have stealthily hurdled across the thresholds.

 

"Damn," he cursed, another wound opening at his right leg.

 

"I told you to leave,"

 

"Heh, `tis my territory now,"

 

"Leave,"

 

"Bite me,"

 

Loud roars strayed amidst Ban's ears and several lines of pallid electric waves dashed in front of him, but in a split second the witch-man was gone.

 

+++++++

 

"Ms Hevn please give us a job, we promise not to fail it again,"

 

The woman cringed at the sight of Ginji kneeling down like a child, and this made me puke. "Ginji!" I grabbed and pulled him up, "Give yourself some decency!"

 

"But we need money Ban-chan or else they'd tow away our apartment!"

 

"But didn't that happen few days ago?" Shido commented, and a slight knock on the head made him realize that he had hurt his Ginji-san.

 

"I'm sorry Ginji-san,"

 

Ginji is now crying like a baby in the middle of Honky. "Look what you did to your beloved Ginji, Shido," I tell sarcastically and left the bar without the man of yellow backdrop noticing it.

 

As I walk on the pavements I suddenly remembered our apartment which was supposed to last for a few years in accord with our retrieval missions. But Ginji blew everything and lost the good apartment in a few weeks. Kicking a pebble I sought ways to bring back that apartment and sleep comfortably again.

 

+++++++

 

"I'd tell Jubbei you've been eavesdropping,"

 

"Go ahead, he won't make a difference anyway,"

 

"You're a dominatrix,"

 

"Shido-san that applied only to women,"

 

"Whatever,"

 

Several spools of transparent threads coiled on the glossy windows of the apartment, and in a few seconds whispers are all over Shido's and Kazuki's ears.

 

`I'm on an apartment, don't I remember?'

 

"What is he mumbling about?"

 

"Shh..."

 

`Ban-chan is a little... besieged...'

 

"Huh?" Shido cannot decipher the whispers and looked intently at Kazuki for answers but to no avail, as he was focused listening on the whispers.

 

"Shh..."

 

`Ms Hevn told me to retrieve a floppy disk, I wonder what it contained,'

 

"Heaven hold crappy shit?"

 

"I said be quiet!" Kazuki whispered aloud.

 

Ginji's senses grew on radar and instinctively stood up from the bed and searched outside the window but his friends were already gone, to Ginji's sight at least. Kazuki sat comfortably at the web of threads that hung beneath the balcony and Shido lay upside down as a string held his right foot, frustration showing on his face.

 

"You shouldn't have come,"

 

"Eh?! But you told me to!"

 

"I only asked if you want to, I never forced you,"

 

Shido snorted, "Whatever,"

 

"You're inexperienced with fuchoin that's why you only hear whispers,"

 

"What was Ginji-san talking about?"

 

"Something about Ms Hevn's mission to him, about retrieving a floppy disk,"

 

"So..."

 

"Yes, he wasn't saying about heaven holding crappy shit,"

 

"Why don't we help him?" Kazuki continued, eyes bright for some unknown reason.

 

"Help him? He doesn't need one,"

 

"Well just everything's sake,"

 

"Well I'm not. Besides, wouldn't that hurt his... er... ego knowing he succeeded in the mission with help from others?"

 

"I think he'd appreciate it,"

 

"Well tell your Jubbei to help you `coz I'm not coming,"

 

+++++++

 

Cringed, I tried my best to outdo the speed of Dr Jackal and as I did dodged four scalpels and proved my worth. We've evading each other's attacks for a few hours now and I don't sense any exhaustion from the hedonistic doctor. With a sprawl of snakebite he finally stood in one corner, a swift move only he can do.

 

"Okay, I'm happy now,"

 

"You consider this sparring happiness,"

 

"A bodily desire and pleasure to be exact,"

 

He really was hedonistic. "To prepare for my soul endeavors," he continued.

 

Soul endeavors? Is he platonic?

 

"If you want a retrieval mission it's up against the best assassins... or so they say," he laughed after saying this and threw a scroll towards me.

 

"That's the map. I presume you need no help?"

 

"I won't need any help,"

 

"Very well then. Good luck."

 

Taking off my violets I stood still in the place that I am in. Several red dots of laser from automatic guns appeared in front of my chest, my leg and even my head, or so I think. The man in front of me laughed at the futility of my reflexes, a man with claws attached on his arms covering him. He had tattoos all over, eyes burning in lust for blood. I reached for my cigar and they let me, and puffing out a smoke, everyone seemed to disappear except the ugly fat man holding the fist-sized diamond.

 

"Wha-what the?!"

 

In front of him was the tattooed man with his claws opening up, and several red dots of laser from automatic guns traveled around his body. "What are you doing? Don't point the guns at me!"

 

I jumped and before long I was beside one of the gunmen and snapped his backbone and held him unconscious. As their boss's eyes widen in daydreaming I surreptitiously traveled around the garage and snapped everyone else's backbones to knock them to sleep and finally, when the man was dying to end his dream of being pierced with fast bullets, I grabbed the sparkling diamond and headed outside.

 

"You're not going anywhere,"

 

And I dodged the claws, a snakebite on the bodyguard's shoulder. I gripped it tightly and the other screamed in pain, eyes narrowing on a single bite of snake. My jagan helped him dream of bullets, too, and before long I was running to escape.

 

+++++++

 

"You could've told me Kazuki-san," Ginji said in a low voice and this made Kazuki bow his head. Jubbei's head recoiled at the sense of Kazuki's sadness and held his arm.

 

"What's happening Kazuki?"

 

"Nothing,"

 

"It's okay though, Ban-chan and I can take that apartment again," he happily said, "Of course you're still welcome in the apartment,"

 

Kazuki finally smiled and broke away from Jubbei's hold.

 

"Hahaha!" a sneering Ban entered Honky with a briefcase on his arms, marching like drunk and laughing unforgettable.

 

"Hahaha!! I've got money! Hahaha!!"

 

"Really Ban-chan! I have some too!"

 

"Really!?"

 

"Really!"

 

"Really, really really?!"

 

And both huddled each other and laughed merrily, unaware of the embarrassment they were getting from Kazuki and others. Knowing all too well, they got their apartment back and won't be eating leftovers, sleeping in pavements and keep their bills at Honky rolling.

 

"Hahahaha!!!" the two went marching outside as the others sigh in relief.

 

+++++++

 

Ginji Amano stood at the barren land of Infinity City to find starvation skulking amidst the city's citizens. Several people lay dead with others bloodied at the sound of bombs and faint cries of the children. A child slowly walked up to the blond man. "Ginji-san, is this heaven?"

 

He cannot take it anymore. The aridity and starkness of Infinity City and the plague it was bringing in the citizens, a wrath only the VOLTS leader can only imagine. Almost crying he held up the little child but it was too late as the child stopped breathing. Sadness was killing him. He shouted and cried out loud to find Ban standing still in front of him.

 

"Did you enjoy your dream?" he sarcastically said.

 

+++++++

 

The balcony was as big as my and Ginji's room, with the pillars that looked like it was from the Pax Romana era. Ionic pillars, to be exact, though it was from the Ancient Greek, and it gave another rush on my blood. Was it just the moment or the lust for blood?

 

"Ginji,"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"The sky is perfect. Innocent and pure. It is unadulterated even if violence and carnage try to reach it. Its assets are so pure, that's why men cannot reach it even if they try their best."

 

Looking up the sky himself, Ginji sighed. "I know."

 

"Babylonians tried to surpass God, but they were not able to. Their kingdom fell, and their race was obliterated from existence because they tried to be something they aren't."

 

"So you fancy religion now?"

 

"It was an analogy." I said.

 

"You know Ban-chan, sometimes worlds can collide, and it's either because existence and conformity have a thin line, or existence is not existence at all."

 

"Violence can be neither moral or immoral because no one has actually and verifiably proved it, but people cling on to it because they want to survive." He sighed. "Most people have a great attachment to life," he continued.

 

The ceilings were black to its full color, due to the lack of light in my room. "Damn, why can't I sleep?" I whispered to myself. "Maybe I should change my cigarette brand." I stared at the mirror near the bed. Sitting down, I stared to the mirror and looked at my brown tresses as it lightly fluttered in the breeze coming out of the open window in my room. I sighed.

 

I swiveled my head at the door and saw Ginji in his green trousers and white loose shirt. The everyday sickness started to dissuade in its uttermost sigh, and I could feel l little warmer. Ginji pouted and yawned, his fingers caressing the corners of his eyes. What a sight.

 

"This is not the kitchen," I said.

 

"Eh?" His husky voice made my throat gulp.

 

"You look... thirsty."

 

Ginji signaled a nod, and I nodded. He went in to my room, not closing the door. His body gleamed in the soft glows of the moon, all the while with breezes coming from my open windows. What a sight.

 

He sat beside me. I can feel the pumping of my heart, literally, but I was sure the surprise wasn't showing in my face. Ginji was in his mood of silence, and I was trying to decipher his sighs and his silences that probably meant of words trying to escape from his mouth. I sighed a deep exhale. This made him wince.

 

"Anything wrong?"

 

He looked at me in the most indescribable faces. "You didn't smell a perfume from Himiko, did you?"

 

"No, I didn't."

 

"The what's that look on your face?"

 

Ginji smiled. "Nothing..."

 

I can feel hot breaths coming closer at me, the blonde lip's coming nearer at my lip's touch. I did nothing but to welcome it, the kiss soft and tender. It wheeled beyond all my inhibitions as Ginji probed, feeling all there is to feel like the skin longing not only skin but the sentiments of the backdrops swelling inside my mind. It sure was black. Did I close my eyes?

 

Ginji groaned my name.

 

I murmured his name.

 

I started to feel his collarbone, his hands exploring the depths under the garments he wore. With a flash of a second, Ginji's shirt was now out of my sight, the pale moon glowing in the mist, the pale moon shimmering the flesh of the blonde. He looked so much good, and I can feel the insides of me starting to swell up in the most scorching way. Ginji smiled as he brushed the tresses on his forehead, the boyish look that seemed to me a very typical thing. Yet the ministrations the blonde was doing right in front of me was too much for my eyes to take. He was unbuckling his belt. One by one his fingers folded against themselves and I see myself again in the planes nowhere of my reach. Hands started to creep on my neck. It isn't my hand. It felt warm, the kiss, again, and somehow the kiss itself turned something wildly I can't control anymore. I hate not being in control. In winced in the pleasure of Ginji's tongue as it swirled against mine.

 

Then it broke.

 

His body glistened in the white glow, almost looking like yellowish with all of its unknown glory. He brushed his hair once more. Those refined yellow tresses. It smelled of jasmine. Why did it smell jasmine anyway? Ginji always was outside with the sun spoiling his velvety hair. I smiled as I stare at his well built body.

 

What a sight. What a backdrop. Black.

 

Black? Why is my sight black? I found it hard to see now, the dimensions fully implicating the situation. Black? Why is my sight black? It was supposed to be sepia-like glow in the yellow refines of flesh sparkling in the moon. Black? Why is my sight black?

 

I gazed at the mirror and found it broken to pieces. I stared there long enough for me to realize I used my jagan, and more than that was the realization that my head ached in pain. My head reeled. Almost like bled from the foolishness and desperate measure I did a minute ago.

 

I slouched my body by the bed, feeling the sheets screech in lightest possible sound it can create. I felt my crept into my polo, unfastening the first two buttons. There was it again. Black. Why is my sight black? Did I close my eyes?

 

I felt a screech on the door. I looked and saw Ginji half-naked, a towel in his waist. He looked... thirsty.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 

"I... I'm fine."

 

"I'm... I'm going to my room now. Good night, Ban-chan... don't... don't stress yourself too much."

 

I didn't reply. I heard a click of a doorknob.

 

Memories had to wait. My thoughts rambled at the sight of Ginji's glowing body, a glass with water in his hand. Yes, memories had to wait. I have something to think about. Was it just a dream? The kiss? The wonderful sight? Memories are beautiful but only those you can live with. Yes, memories had to wait.

 

+++++++

 

a/n: for references try reading "the yellow backdrop"... oh, reviews would be nice, too.