Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The kidnap ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gene and Cat showed the rest the article from the newspaper.
“Well, it explain what Mai saw in her dreams.” Naru said
“It looks like the ghost is still in this school and kidnapped the students.” Takigawa said, thought deeply.
Is it possible that ghost can kidnap somebody?” Cat asked “Well, I mean, that they can be the reason of accidents, but kidnap personally?”
“No, they can't.” Takigawa answered her “But they can possessed somebody, who will do what they want against his own will. It's very possible.”
“So it means that somebody in school are kidnapping and killing students, because he or she is possessed?”
“Yeah, but I think that it's men, because the principal was men. And women wouldn't be able to fight and kidnapped boys.”
“The worst is that we don't know where he kept the victims. It looks like the students who were kidnapped now are there.” Naru said. “Takigawa, Gene and Hyuuga-san, go to the other rooms. Mai, you are staying here with me and Lin.”
The three left. Mai looked on Naru.
“Why I can't go with them?” she asked her boss, who was thinking about something deeply.
“Because I said so” he answered and Mai knew that discussion was over now.

“Thanks that you agreed to stay with me.” Mai smiled to Cat, when they were preparing to go to sleep.
“No problem.” She answered, walking out from the bathroom. “I don't like my roommate, so it was my pleasure to change room.”
“You don't have room with Shannon?” Mai was little surprised.
“No, because I was in this school before her and I have the roommate who came to school with me.” She replied. “But we don't like each other and we even don't speak, so it's little boring to sitting in my room.”
Mai nodded.
“So, you really didn't find anything important when you were out?” she asked, sitting on her bed.
“Nope, only normal secret room, without new entrance and other things.” Cat replied. “I'm really wondering what happened to them. They were really good people.” She looked on the ceiling and lied on her back.
“I'm really sorry for them” Mai said “But we have to find this room before they kidnapped the other one.”
“I hope he won't” Cat said and they were lying for few minutes in quiet. Mai tried to put her watch when she heard Cat.
“You love Naru, don't you?” the girl asked, hiding her smirk. Gene and Takigawa said her about relationship which was connecting the boss and his assistant, so she was curious to take information from first hand.
In an answer she heard a loud “bang”. Mai fell from her bed.
“Are you ok?” Cat asked, sitting and looking on the girl on the floor.
“Yeah, I'm fine.” Mai stood up quickly from the floor “Why do you asked? I mean about Naru. He is my boss.”
“Yeah, I know that he's your boss, but you didn't answer on my question”
“Well… I'm… I don't… “ she started, but when she looked in green eyes, she knew that she will tell her anyway. Mai sighed and looked down. “Yes, I do. But he doesn't love me.”
“Are you sure about it?” Cat asked softly. She knew that Naru loved Mai, but she knew that if she tell her, Gene would kill her later.
“Yes, he is all the time teasing me, playing on my nerves, show everybody that I'm idiot.” Mai answered, with anger and melancholy. “I hate it, but I still love him. Stupid, right?” she looked on Cat.
“No, it's not stupid, and I think that you should try to tell him your fillings.” She answered. “When have you started to love him?”
Mai told her everything, how she get her work and about others. She didn't have real friend in her life, so she felt relief when she told to somebody her problems. Especially about narcissist Naru and her love to him.
It was about midnight when they finally slept.

Mai opened her eyes, but she wasn't sure what had woken her up. She looked on the clock, standing next to her. She slept only two hours. She looked on the bed on her right. Cat was sleeping peacefully. Mai sighed and turned on her left side. She closed her eyes, but then opened them again, with terror, when somebody put one hand on her mouth, and started to dragging her out of the bed. She started to fight and kicked a table. The clock fell down.
Cat woke up, when she heard some moved of her left side and sound of falling clock. She looked up on Mai, and her eyes widened, when she saw that the girl is fighting with person wearing black. She quickly raised her hand spelled, but before it hit the aggressor he moved with incredibly fast, like he knew what's going to happened and raised his own hand and something pushed Cat from her bed. She screamed and hit the wall and fell down, her head hit the table.
Mai looked with terror on her friend and tried to scream, but the men was still covering her mouth. She started to fight with him again, but he only hit her on the head, so the girl lost conscious. He took her and jumped from the window.

Takigawa sat down quickly and looked on the Gene, who woke up too. They heard some noises from the second room and Cat's scream. They quickly run to girls' room and tried to opened the door, but it was locked. Takigawa broke the door open and they went inside. What hit them first was cold air in the room and opened window. Then they saw lying on the floor Cat. They run to her.
“Bou-san, close the window.” Gene said and picked up the girl.
Naru and Lin run to them. The heard noises too. Naru looked on his twin, who was lying unconscious girl on the bed. Takigawa closed the window.
“What happened?” Naru asked.
“We don't know.” Gene answered, looking around. “We run here the moment before you did.”
“Naru, Mai is missing!” shouted monk, who was checking the bathroom. “We have to find her!”
Naru felt like his heart was pinch very hard by something. He should protecting her, but he didn't do it. Now she was missing, and he didn't have any idea what to do. He knew only one thing: they couldn't panicked. He would find her, even if it would be the last thing in his life. Life without her didn't have any sense.
“Calm down, Takigawa-san.” He said in his usual tone “We have to wait when Hyuuga-san will wake up, she is the one, who saw what happened. How is she?” he asked Gene, who checked on girl.
“She has wound on her forehead, which were bleeding, but it isn't serious, she should wake up soon” he answered, looking on his twin, and filling sorry because of the look in his eyes. He was hurt, deeply.
“But it's surprised that Cat, with her power, couldn't protect herself” Takigawa said, looking down on unconscious and pale girl.
“Well, she and Mai were sleeping, her reactions were slower than always” Gene answered.
“It looks like they were fighting after all.” Lin said, and point on the wall, where was hole with burning edge. “She spelled, but missed.”
“And Mai were fighting too.” Naru said, taking up from the floor clock which was lying near to his assistant bed. “I think that it woke up Hyuuga-san.”
“Gene, Takigawa-san, stay with her, person who kidnapped Mai can come back, Lin, we have to check the tapes from cameras.” They leave the room.
Gene and Takigawa sat on Mai's bed. They really hopped, that Cat would wake up soon. They had to find Mai before it would be too late.

Cat didn't woke up before morning next day, and Takigawa and Gene, who were with her, started to worried. After all, she hurt her head. Then they heard her groan, and she scared them, when she suddenly sat up.
“Mai!” she screamed in realization and felt a little dizzy. She felt back, but Gene catch her. She looked around.
“Did you found her?” she asked and tried to focus on one thing. She blinked few times and her vision cleared.
“I have to tell something to Naru” she said and started to woke up.
“Oi, you are staying in bed” Gene said, pulling her on the pillows.
“Shut up, I'm not kid.” She answered little angry. She pushed away his hand and stood up slowly.
“Cat, you really should stay in bed.” Takigawa said, looking worried. She looked really worried about Mai.
“No, we have to find Mai quickly, and I will be fine.” She answered. They looked on her and on stubborn in her eyes.
“But before you should change.” Gene said and Cat looked down. She was still in pajama. She turned to the bathroom.
After very short time they went to the base.

Mai woke up slowly. Her head hurt and she wanted to drink very hard. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was in room. Her eyes widened. She was in room from her dream. She tried to move, but chain on her ankles and wrists didn't allow her. She tried to didn't look on the death girls and on the wardrobe. She knew too well what was there. The panic was surrended her. She hoped that her friends would find Cat fast and then started to looking her. He shivered with terror when she heard that somebody was coming.
“Hello, my dear” she heard male voice. Somebody touched her chin “You are now with me, and you always will. Nobody will take you away from me. And if they try, I will kill them” he started to laugh, and Mai fight with urge to scream.