Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Charisma, Maybe ❯ Apparently, Stupidity is Contagious ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter Title: Apparently, Stupidity is Contagious.

I’ve decided, along with the help of some Livejournal members, that this shall no longer be a one shot. This shall be a multi-chapter fic in which I humorously subject Suguru to a lot of torture and angst, all through the person of Shuichi Shindou.

Pairings: ShuichixSuguru and slight, slight hint of K/Sakano.

________________________________________________________________________ _____________

I always thought I was the smart one. The logical, rational one. Second was Hiro, third Sakano, then K, and last and least, Shuichi. That was the pecking order, at least when it came to brains. It was.

But, now… I let him kiss me. Twice. Willingly. Well, the second time was willing. Before it could go any further, Hiro knocked on the door, making sure we hadn’t killed each other. Shuichi greeted Hiro, acting as if nothing had happened. Somehow, Hiro failed to notice my blush and the day ended without any other disasters.

But, once I got home to my tiny apartment, I felt like I was going to start hyperventilating. “I kissed Shindou-san. What the hell is wrong with this picture?” I yelled this at no one in particular, as I have no roommate. I spent the rest of that night pacing around in a stupor, trying to figure out what the hell he meant by it.

Was it a joke? That had seemed to be his intention, but I was feeling like all my insides were going to come gushing out. Besides, he kissed me a second time.

Was it some sort of rebound? He did see his ex-boyfriend with someone else, so it is possible. But, why me? Even he’s not that stupid…

Wait a minute though, this is Shindou. He would be that stupid. I slump against the wall, feeling a little relieved. “He was just feeling lonely. It meant nothing. Nothing.” I try not to think about the fact that he could have done the same thing to K, Sakano, Hiro or if he wanted to be extraordinarily stupid, Tohma.

“I just happened to be the nearest available thing, that’s all. That’s all.” I say it in a tone that sounds like I’m laughing. But, deep inside, I feel my stomach still turning.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

When I go into work that morning, I’m feeling pretty up. I’m also hoping that Shindou doesn’t think that second kiss meant something more. Because it didn’t. I was just curious.

He’s late, and so Hiro and I are left to practice on our own. I usually enjoy it when it’s just the two of us. Hiro doesn’t get jealous or competitive like Shindou, and he can actually give me a compliment without killing himself.

But, today I want Shindou to be here. I need to make sure he didn’t get the wrong impression. Even if he’s a jerk, I don’t want to hurt his feelings. He’s had enough of that from Yuki. Besides, it would make things more complicated around here then they already are.

“Good morning everyone!” Shouts the pink-haired menace as he slams the studio doors open. Before he can give out one of his amazingly stupid excuses, K is already shoving a gun to his mouth and Sakano is crying tears of distress, asking why Shindou hates him so much. I must say those two would make excellent interrogators or really good parents.

I watch the scene from afar, trying to remain aloof. He gives me a glance and smiles at me. Smiles at me the way he usually does. Not the way I thought he was going to. He’s not supposed to be smiling at all! Shindou’s supposed to be awkward, shy, nervous, acting like the grand idiot he is!

Calm down, calm down Suguru. If you just wait, he’ll start acting the way he’s supposed to. Yes, just wait a few minutes.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

It’s been a few hours and he’s still acting like nothing happened. Dammit, I guess all that time with Yuki turned him into a real ice man. He has managed to ignore me completely, or rather treat me like he always does. Like I’m some little child who should be on my hands and knees thanking him for the chance to be here.

Well, it looks like I’ll have to take this matter into my own hands. And considering that the other three are no where to be seen… Honestly, I work with the laziest, most irresponsible… Focus, Suguru! Focus!

“Uh, Shindou-san, about what happened yesterday…” He turns around, blue eyes vacant. Good, I have his attention. “Well, it’s just that, I uhm, well I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea.” Why am I acting like such a moron?

“Wrong idea? About what?” Oh my god, does he try to be an idiot?

“About the kiss!” I hiss through my teeth, hoping he’ll start paying attention. He blinks for a few minutes, then laughs. Wait a moment, why is he laughing?

“That? It was just a kiss. Why would I get the wrong idea about that?” I stare at the laughing idiot in complete disbelief for a few seconds before regaining my composure.

“Just a kiss! Why do that? Why?” I know I’m overreacting, but I’m so shocked that I can’t handle the situation. Shindou merely puts a finger to his mouth, deep in thought.

“Well, you were being such a pain, so I thought I’d tease you. And when you asked for that other kiss, that was just your way of teasing back, right?” I want to disappear. No, I want to crawl into a dark hole and die.

“Uh, yeah…” I mutter, trying to look away. He leans in closer as if to examine me.

“Unless you thought it meant something more?” I jump back as far as I possibly can and begin to wave my hands about in a gesture of denial.

“No, No, No. I’m fine, I’m good.” He’s looking at me, much more closely now. Then he gives me this weird smile.

“Alrighty then.” And he walks away, apparently to work on some lyrics. I stumble out of the room and run to the bathroom. I begin to splash my face with water, hoping to clear my head.

“Why did I act like that? Why did I even ask that? I never do anything that stupid!” I’m screaming, another incredibly stupid thing to do, considering that anyone could be listening. “Argh! Did he give me idiot cooties?” I think I’m going to cry too, which is the stupidest thing yet.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Poor Suguru, I was so mean to him. And it’s only going to get worst. I’m going to be writing Shuichi as a bit of a jerk in some parts, because well, let’s face it, he can be a real jerk.