Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Disillusionment ❯ Crossdressing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Gravi isn't mine. It belongs to the great, the wonderful, Maki Murakami. I just borrow her characters for a while to torture. ^_~


Disillusionment
Chapter 2-Crossdressing


Yuki was sitting on the couch once again listening to the ticking of the clock. This was going to drive him insane, he knew it, but he didn’t really feel like getting up right now.

He had messed up.

He knew it; he had messed up. How could he make this better? He couldn’t apologize, that was completely out of the question.

Reaching to coffee table, Yuki extinguished his cigarette on the black marble ashtray where a half dozen other half-smoked cigarettes were. It was a bad habit, smoking. But Yuki didn’t care enough to quit. So what if he died?

Running his fingers through his golden hair, Yuki sighed. He needed some stronger anti-depressants. Leaning back against the cool black leather again, the novelist looked to the phone on the small table next to the couch. Hesitating for a moment, he finally picked it up and turned it on.

Slowly, he dialed 4 numbers, then stopped, turning the phone off again and placing it back on its stand. Of course Shuichi had run to Hiro’s house again, so why did Yuki feel the need to check up on him? Not like he cared for the brat. Yuki had gone twenty some years without Shindou Shuichi and he could live without him.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

~*~

Shuichi woke up hurting all over. With a groan, he tried to pry open his eyes and was half-blinded by the intense sunlight. Thoughts of why Yuki was up so early rushed into his mind before memories of the previous night came back.

Yuki had been especially mean to him and he had come to the park…

Shuichi finally realized the reason he was cold and sore. He had slept the whole night on a park bench. Sitting up, he yawned, then stretched, looking at his watch.

“Crap!” Shuichi exclaimed, seeing that he was late. Jumping up, the vocalist began dashing to NG, having no time to go back to Yuki’s apartment to change. Not like he wanted to go back and face the novelist anyway.

Dashing through Tokyo’s streets which were crowded with the morning traffic, Shuichi had narrowly missed getting run over by three bicycles by the time he arrived at the NG building’s front doors.

Going straight to the stairs this time, Shuichi had an ironic thought. The last time he had used these stairs, he had been so happy at going home to see his lover. Now…well…he wasn’t happy.

Reaching his floor, Shuichi slowed to catch his breath, then began thinking. He couldn’t go to work in the same clothes he had been in yesterday or else the other would know that there was something wrong. Chewing on a fingernail, Shuichi thought through his possibilities. Then it hit him: Ryuichi!

Sakuma Ryuichi was the only person who would help him and not ask questions about it! Quietly opening the door out of the stairwell, Shuichi poked his pink-haired head through and looked down the hall both ways. Seeing no one, he stepped into the hall and silently closed the door.

Tiptoeing and sneaking all the way to where he knew Ryuichi’s office was, Shuichi knocked quietly on the door.

Hearing a cheerful, “Come in!”, Shuichi opened the door and slipped inside, closing it behind him.

Ryuichi’s office was like a playroom. The walls were bright yellow and there was a colorful, stenciled border along the top of the walls, near the ceiling. Everything was a jumble of bright, primary colors. The carpet on the floor was thick and soft and there were stuffed animals scattered around the room, some propped up against stacks of picture books and others just lying limply on the ground.

Ryuichi himself was nowhere to be seen.

“Sakuma-san?” Shuichi called, a little unsure,

“Shu-chan?” came the happy reply from somewhere near the desk across the room from Shuichi. Suddenly, a pink, floppy-eared bunny held by a hand around its middle popped up from under the desk. It bounced a few times before a brown-haired head with its bangs held back by a headband popped up next to it.

Ryuichi Sakuma, vocalist of Nittle Grasper, the most famous Japanese band of all time until it split up years ago.

“Shu-chan!” Ryuichi squealed, then jumped up and ran to Shuichi, glomping the poor boy, “Kumagorou told Ryuichi that it was Shu-chan, but Ryuichi didn’t know and so Kumagorou looked for Ryuichi and told Ryuichi again that it was Shu-chan and Ryuichi looked and saw that it was Shu-chan!!”

Grinning happily, Ryuichi let Shuichi go and then looked the pink-haired over. Shuichi caught the man’s glance and blushed, embarrassed.

“Uh, I was wondering, Sakuma-san, if you, um, had any clothes that I could borrow?” Shuichi mumbled, staring at the carpet.

Ryuichi’s eyes gleamed with an intelligence that was usually hidden before he grinned again,

“Of course, Shu-chan! Come on, Kumagorou knows the perfect outfit for you!” Ryuichi squealed, grabbing Shuichi’s hand and dragging him through a door on the left of the room.

It turned out to be a messy walk in closet. Rummaging through the outfits on the hangers, Ryuichi scrutinized them, tongue peeking out of a corner of his mouth in concentration.

“Hm…no, too dark. Um…too bright…” suddenly the lead vocalist of Nittle Grasper shrieked and jumped up, clapping. Somehow, Kumagorou managed to remain on his head, “The perfect outfit for Shu-chan!!”

Pulling a couple of hangers off the rack, Ryuichi ran out of the closet, too fast for Shuichi to even see what he had except that it was dark.

Following his idol out of the closet at a slower speed, Shuichi heard Ryuichi giggling, once more behind his desk. Walking around to the back of the desk, he saw Ryu was holding something that was dark.

“Um, Ryuichi?” he asked, a little nervously.

“Perfect outfit for Shu-chan, looky!” Ryuichi stood up and held up a pair of black, leather pants, a black silk tank top and a thin, translucent violet shirt.

Shuichi eyed the ensemble carefully. It was…a little too revealing. He had no problem with wearing clothes like that on stage, but for everyday clothes, he preferred more covering.

Ryuichi’s grin faltered a little, “Doesn’t Shu-chan like?” he asked sadly.

“Of course! I love it!” Shuichi said, not wanting to be unappreciative of anything that his idol wanted to give him, “Arigatou gozaimasu, Ryu-chan.”

Ryuichi started squealing again at the –chan. Yanking Kumagorou off of his head, he held it up in front of him and chattered to it happily,

“Did you hear that, Kumagorou? Shuichi called me ‘Ryu-chan’! Not ‘Sakuma-san’, or even ‘Ryuichi’! He called me ‘Ryu-chan’! Ryuichi is so happy, Kumagorou!” Ryuichi gushed to the pink bunny who stared back at him with emotionless black eyes.

Ryuichi nodded seriously, “Yes, Kumagorou, it is a good day!”

Sensing that Ryuichi wouldn’t notice, Shuichi slipped out of the room with the new outfit and quickly found a bathroom. Stepping inside, he locked the door and began to change. The pants were a little tight, but he had to admit as he looked in the mirror; he looked good.

Realizing that his bag was still at home, Shuichi bit his lip, unsure of what to do with his other clothes. Reaching a decision, he stashed them behind one of the trashcans making a mental note to retrieve it before he went home. Or, before he went to wherever he would go after work.

Leaving the bathroom, Shuichi wrapped the violet shirt around himself. It didn’t do much, but it was something. Strolling into Bad Luck’s studio, he was met with the cold metal of a gun to his forehead.

“Where were you?” K asked in American-accented Japanese.

“Uh…sorry, I overslept.” Shuichi mumbled. It was the truth, since he knew that he couldn’t lie. Plus, it was a reasonable explanation.

“Bet Aniki was feeling horny last night and they were screwing until four in the morning again.” Yuki’s younger brother said, lounging in a chair near a plant at the side of the room.

Shuichi blushed furiously as he did whenever anyone talked about his and Yuki’s sexual relationship. He tried to glare at Tatsuha, who only laughed at him,

“Why do you think I stayed in a hotel this time I came to Tokyo? You’re so damn loud, Shuichi. Dunno how Aniki puts up with you.” The young priest laughed again, not realizing how much his remark hurt Shuichi.

But Hiro, who had just entered the room, saw Shuichi almost shrink. Sadness was even apparent on the singer’s face for a moment before it was hidden, visible only to those who knew Shuichi as well as Hiro did. After all, they had been friends for years and had gone through everything together, including their rise to stardom together and failing high school together. When you stay with a person for that long and through so much, you get to know them pretty well.

Which was probably the reason that he didn’t like it his best friend’s relationship with Yuki at first. In the beginning, it just seemed as if Shuichi was worshipping a cold bastard who only hurt the vocalist. But as their relationship progressed, Hiro came to see that they needed each other. Still, a little of that original dislike still remained and now it flared.

Hiro knew that the only person who could cause such sadness and despair in Shuichi was Yuki. It’s like the saying-“Those who know each other best know best how to hurt each other.” And it seemed as if even though Yuki usually never meant to hurt Shuichi, he still managed it.

“Shuichi, I wanna ask you something. This’ll just be a minute.” He assured K, who didn’t seem too happy about yet another delay, but he waved them off anyway.

Now that they were alone, Shuichi winced, knowing that Hiro suspected something.

“What’s up, Hiro?” Shuichi asked, trying to keep his voice as normal as possible.

“What did Yuki do this time?” Hiro said, crossing his arms as he leaned against a wall, gazing steadily at his best friend.

“What do you mean? Why do think Yuki did something?” Shuichi asked innocently.

“Don’t give me that crap. What happened?” Hiro asked again, this time his eyes hardening to warn Shuichi to tell the truth.

The vocalist hesitated, unsure whether or not to tell Hiro. Then he mentally smacked himself. Of course he could trust Hiro. Hiro was his best friend. His façade gone in a second, Shuichi’s violet eyes shimmered with moisture.

“He doesn’t care about me, Hiro! Even after so long, even after everything, he still doesn’t care about me.” Shuichi looked helpless, standing in the middle of the room with his arms hanging loosely by his sides. His large, amethyst eyes looked like those of an abandoned puppy.

Hiro shook his head, then stepped forward to embrace Shuichi,

“Of course he cares about you. He just…doesn’t know how to show it.”

Shuichi sobbed into Hiro’s shoulder, clutching his friend as if Hiro were a lifeline,

“If he did, he wouldn’t have yelled, he wouldn’t have shoved me, he wouldn’t have smoked and he wouldn’t have left me out in the rain, Hiro! He doesn’t care about me and he…he doesn’t love me.” Shuichi whimpered, voice muffled by Hiro’s shirt and his body racked with sobs.

Hiro petted Shuichi’s back comfortingly as his friend rambled, but stopped when he heard the last part,

“You were out in the rain last night?! For how long?” he asked, an angry look coming into his eyes.

“…A-all night. I slept on the bench at the park.” Shuichi mumbled, embarrassed.

Hiro’s eyes were taking on a dangerous gleam,

“Come on, Shuichi, I’m going to take you back to my place, okay?”

Shuichi looked up, puzzled,

“Why?”

“Because, it’s not healthy to stay out in the rain all night. You’re gonna get sick. You probably are sick right now.”

Shuichi grinned lopsidedly,

“I’m fine, ‘Kaasan.” He said, still hiccuping a little, but smiling now. Hiro grinned back,

“Hey, I’m not the cross dresser, you are.” He said.

Maturely, Shuichi stuck his tongue out at Hiro, who shielded his eyes,

“No! I don’t want to see that. If I see it, I’ll think of all the places that’s probably been and I don’t want to know.”

Shuichi blushed again, his face an even deeper shade of pink than his hair,

“Hiro!” he protested as he swatted the guitarist who just laughed.


~*~

A/N: This chapter was mostly comedy. There was going to be more plot, but it was getting a little long. Plus, I wanted to get another chapter up today!

Tell me what you thought! Especially about Ryuichi. I don't know if I have his character down. Please review! Till next time!