Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Fleeting Inspiration ❯ At-Home Date ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fleeting Inspiration
by Anna Sartin

. . .

Chapter 17: At-Home Date

.

Shuichi sighed contently, basking in the serenity of afterglow. Yuki's chest was soft and warm and he loved the sound of his lover's heart beating against his ear. As long as he was here, life was perfect. "I'm so happy..." he whispered.

Eiri smiled in spite of himself, slowly running his fingers through his lover's pink hair. "So am I, now that that wretched book is gone." He felt like a great weight had been lifted from around his neck.

Shuichi groaned into Eiri's bare chest as the doorbell rang. "I don't wanna answer it," he whined.

"That's our food you know," Eiri told him, making no move to get up himself.

"I know but I don't want to move..."

"We can always "christen" our new mattress again when we're done eating."

Shuichi laughed. "But then we'd never get to watch the movie we rented."

The doorbell rang again, causing them both to groan.

"JUST A MINUTE!!!" Eiri yelled, his voice vibrating against the ear Shuichi had pressed against his chest. It was followed by a rumbling sound coming from the blond's stomach.

Shuichi laughed.

"I guess I'd better go get the food. Yuki is hungry!" The pink-haired man slowly forced himself to get up and trudged off to go answer the door.

"Shuichi..."

The singer turned back to his lover, smiling. He loved the sound of his own name coming from the golden man's lips. "Hm?"

"You aren't going to answer the door like that...?"

Shuichi looked down. He'd completely forgotten about his state of undress. "No!" he answered quickly, grabbing his boxers and slipping them on. Before Eiri knew what was happening, Shuichi had also snatched the older man's shirt from the pile of clothes on the floor.

"Hey, give that back!"

The younger man giggled mischievously and ran off, buttoning up the shirt as he did so.

"Brat..." Eiri muttered, reaching for his pair of pants.

. . .

The food was good, but several items they ordered were wrong.

"You just can't find competent people to run restaurants anymore, can you?" Shuichi asked over dinner. "Almost everything I ordered is wrong!"

"Maybe the guy on the phone couldn't understand you because you were stuttering so much," Eiri grinned, noting that he only had one incorrect item in his meal. Beef curry instead of chicken curry. He could live with it.

"That was your fault!" Shuichi said, pointing an accusing finger at the blond. How could ANY man be expected to think clearly, let alone speak clearly, when his impatient lover was planting kisses and love bites all over his shoulder and neck while his hands were doing unspeakably naughty (and highly arousing) things to his body?

"I didn't hear you complaining."

Shuichi blushed. "Well still!"

"Face it. You can't say no. No matter what's going on or where we are you can never say no. You're a manwhore!"

"Shut up!" Shuichi laughed, throwing his napkin at the writer. "You're the one with the 24-hour sex drive!"

"You couldn't even wait until AFTER our date to get laid!" Eiri continued, enjoying every moment of his favorite game 'Tease the Brat'. "Even easy people at least make their dates buy them a good meal first."

"I couldn't wait? That's rich coming the man who couldn't even let me finish ordering dinner!"

Eiri just smirked. The boy was just TOO adorable wearing his shirt. It was far too big for him and the sleeves were no doubt going to be covered in food before the meal was over, but who really gave a damn? The sight made the author want to drag him off to bed all over again.

"Shut up or I won't let you finish eating dinner either."

Shuichi's request for an at-home date had turned out to be a good idea. No Tatsuha, no random lunatics and NO stalking books. Just him and his Shu-chan; just the way he liked it. For once it looked they were going to have a trouble-free evening. Everything was absolutely perfect.

. . .

Three hours later Shuichi sat curled up in a ball at the end of the couch, sniffling like a little girl.

"I can't believe you're still crying over that damn zombie movie."

"Well it was scary!"

"It's just a movie, stupid. Be a man."

"Wouldn't it be terrible if the zombies took over Japan?" Shuichi asked. "People would have to hide in their houses and never come out again!"

"Until they starved to death when they ran out of food."

"See, it would be terrible! Unless you lived in a grocery store..."

Eiri rolled his eyes, sorry he'd ever agreed to let Shuichi rent "Dawn of the Dead". He'd probably be hearing about this for the rest of the evening, and the idiot probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Which means I won't be getting any sleep, either. So much for a perfect evening.

He sighed, blocking out his lover's rambling. He needed a beer... or some sleep. Maybe both.

"...when he got bit by the zombies..."

Eiri yawned tiredly. Maybe he could write a novel about zombies... or vampires...

"...and ended up turning into one..."

Shuichi's voice droned on but the author's brain wasn't picking up the actual words. He'd never written a novel about anything undead before, and occult literature was always popular...

"...and that guy's head got blown off? Yuki? Yuki!"

Maybe he could write about vampire lovers tragically torn apart when one of them got staked in the end. He snickered.

"Yuki!!!"

"Huh? What?"

"Are you listening to me?"

"No."

He expected whining, but instead he wound up with his arms full of Shuichi.

"It's okay," the singer whispered, snuggling against his chest. "You don't always have to listen to me, just... always love me, okay?"

"I make no promises."

Shuichi poked him in the ribs and the blond flicked his forehead in return, causing him to giggle. Eiri grabbed the blanket folded at the end of the couch and wrapped them both up in it.

"Well, I still love you," Shuichi told him, burying his face in his lover's shoulder.

"Go to sleep."

"What about our new mattress?"

"Maybe later. I don't want to move right now."

"Lazy..." Shuichi teased, even though he didn't want to move either. Yuki was just so... comfy.

"Brat."

Shuichi just laughed and wrapped his arms around him tighter. "G' night..."

"Don't let the zombies bite."

The singer's eyes snapped open and he whimpered, clutching Eiri tightly.

Eiri cursed himself inwardly. It was probably going to be a long night; but as the blond slowly stroked the singer back into a state of calm he realized he would still rather be right where he was than anywhere else in the world. He smiled faintly.

Guess it's love.

.

~End chapter seventeen~