Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Start of an obessesion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rating: PG-13.

Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

Genres: Humor/Romance/slight Angst.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Gravitation or it’s characters, nor do I make a profit from this work. They belong to Maki Murakami.

It’s my first fic, so I hope people like. The pairing is Ryuichi/Aizawa. Don’t give me dirty looks.

This is slightly AU as I mess around with the timeline a bit.

Revision 3
________________________________________________________________________

Inspired

Chapter 1

It’s funny how love and the creative impulse are so alike. They both hit suddenly and unexpectedly. They also have this really bad tendency towards jerking people around. For better or worse, creativity and love are both exceedingly cruel and inescapable. Ryuichi Sakuma had always known this, but was learning it yet again.

He had just needed something to do while he was in town. Tohma had offered him free tickets for some band called ASK. Ryuichi took them and went with Kumagoro.

He had forgotten how exciting it was to be a part of the crowd instead of up on stage. The roar of the excited fan girls was a different experience when you were apart of it. It felt nice.

The show started. And for some reason he couldn’t explain, he was mesmerized. Even though most of the songs were about angst and longing, he was still mesmerized.

The moment he stepped out onto the stage, Ryuichi couldn’t take his eyes off Taki Aizawa. Slender and beautiful. Drinking in every moment of adoration. Knowing the world was his for the night.

It reminded Ryuichi of when he had performed with Nittle Grasper. The crowd, the lights, the noise, the fear and the excitement. It all came together and suddenly the fear would be washed away, leaving only the excitement, pounding through your body like some powerful, illegal substance.

It was obvious that this man was experiencing that feeling. It was a sight that had never been as beautiful to Ryuichi as it was now. He couldn’t remember ever staring at anyone like that before.

After the concert, he went home, feeling a strange buzz that he couldn’t ignore. He had to write a song about it. To describe that man. To describe how he felt.

But, he couldn’t. Every song he came up with seemed wrong. Nothing captured Taki Aizawa. Nothing captured what Ryuichi felt. Just as he felt he had it, a word would suddenly jump out revealing every flaw.

Even Kumagoro couldn’t help him. Ryuichi felt like he was going mad. Normally, when he wanted something, it was right with in his reach. He hated doing without. He had to meet this man. But, if he went without the right words, he knew it wouldn’t work out. In his mind, songs were the only effective way to express his emotions.

Worse, there were suddenly all these distractions. He had met Shuichi Shindou and started singing songs with Tohma and Noriko again. He had to focus on writing the songs everyone wanted to hear. He couldn’t waste time on a song about Taki Aizawa.

He did try though. But, it only seemed to get harder. Ryuichi got ASK’s CDs and listened to them. He started attending more of their concerts. All in the hopes that he would get some inspiration.

He needed that inspiration. He had to write a song for his perfect angel. That was the only way he could come to a resolution with Taki Aizawa.

But, no matter what it only seemed to get harder. It was hard to put those feelings on paper. But, it had to be said, otherwise he would explode. Of all the times to have writer’s block.

One day, Kumagoro asked him why he needed the song just to talk to Aizawa. After all, in Kumagoro’s mind, saying “I love you” was as easy as 1-2-3.

“Because, if I don’t then I won’t know what I want to say to him.”

Kumagoro then asked him why he wouldn’t know. And for one of the first times in his life Ryuichi honestly couldn’t answer. And he hated that feeling.
________________________________________________________________________

To be continued...

Next time, Ryuichi decides he needs an expert opinion...