Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Out in the open, All or nothing ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

Genres: Comedy/Romance/Minor Angst.

[]a character’s thoughts.

// //Flashback

This chapter is pretty long. But, I had a lot of fun doing it. The chapters seem to be easier for me now. I think a part of this is that I never thought I’d be doing so much with this fic. I figured I’d be burned alive for a.) Writing a Ryuichi pairing that didn’t include: Tohma, Tatsuha or Shuichi, b.) Writing about Taki, or c.) Writing Taki as something other than a hateful idiot.

I want all my reviewers to know how much their encouragement has meant to me. Thanks! I hope I continue to please or at least bring out some mild amusement.
________________________________________________________________________

Inspired

Chapter 8

Taki had found himself shaken out of a rather interesting dream. The dream involved kissing, him and Ryuichi. Steamy, sexy and not necessarily bad. Of course then he’d woken up to find that it was reality and not a dream. And Noriko Ukai had seen that reality.

Ryuichi was sitting there, babbling like an idiot. Taki kept hearing the phrases, “I love you,” “I really, really like you,” “I’m so sorry,” and “Don’t hit me.” Taki just sat there blinking, trying to get his brain to adequately function. [My life has become a shoujo manga.] He creased his brow, feeling the migraine that hadn’t completely left.

Taki put out his hand in a motion to silence Ryuichi. The older man clamed up, expecting certain doom. “So, let me get this straight... You like me?” Ryuichi enthusiastically shook his head up and down. [So he was coming onto me yesterday...] “Since when? I’ve never met you before.”

“Well you see... I saw a concert of yours one night. And I just... Have you ever felt drawn to something? That’s what happened with me. After awhile, I kind of realized that I was in love. It took me a while to figure it out, but I know. I couldn’t get you out of my head. I’ve wanted to meet you, to be with you.” Ryuichi found that the words seemed to tumble out easily now that he was caught like a deer in the headlights.

“You do realize that sounds crazy?” Taki said evenly, trying not to say out loud what he was thinking. [Crazy!? He sounds like a freaking psycho! Obsessed much?] But, suddenly what Ma-kun had said concerning a certain Shuichi Shindou came into his mind. [Maybe I shouldn’t judge.]

“I know...but it’s not that crazy! It’s called love at first sight! You believe in love at first sight, right Taki?” Ryuichi looked at Taki, sounding both hopeful and serious. Taki’s eyes visibly widened, trying to decide how to answer that question.

[Love at first sight? No, not really. At least I didn’t until now...] He may have been a singer trying to sell himself to millions of ravenous teenage girls, but he had never really thought about drivel like love. Not seriously. But, the guy sitting in front of him seemed to really believe in it. Either way, Ryuichi had obviously been obsessing over this for a long time… [Wait a moment!] “Were you by any chance the one who kept calling my place, then hanging up?” He gave Ryuichi a dirty look, causing the man to wince.

“I-I didn’t mean to crank you. I just wanted to talk to you. But, I’d panic and hang up before I got up the nerve.” Ryuichi looked down, holding Kumagoro as if the rabbit would protect him.

Taki snickered, and then started laughing. Ryuichi looked at Taki defensively, upset that he wasn‘t being taken seriously. “I’ll have you know it’s not very funny. Just ask Kumagoro,” he said holding up the rabbit, “he’ll tell you what a wreak you’ve made me.” Taki just laughed even harder, not able to take a stuffed rabbit seriously.

“When I signed this contract, I figured I’d have to be more scared of the girls. Turns out that my first stalker’s a guy. And not just any guy, but you!” He laughed a little more as Ryuichi stared at him, looking confused. “The really sad thing is that I’m not angry. Well, I am, but not for the reason I think I should be.” As Taki calmed down, he looked at Ryuichi, smiling slightly.

“So... You’re not going to hit me?” Ryuichi didn’t quite comprehend what Taki was saying.

“Why would I hit you? Even if I wanted to, Tohma would can my ass. Not to mention, I’d anger who knows how many fan girls. But, yeah, I don’t want to hit you.” [I can’t figure out why, but it’s true. And considering all the angst you’re putting me through, I should hit you. Instead I want to...] The room was silent for a few minutes. Finally, Ryuichi spoke up.

“So, uh...” Now that Ryuichi had said what he wanted to say, he didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t really thought that far ahead. The two exchanged glances, both of them having the same thought going through their heads. [What do I do now?]

“Yesterday, was... a date, right?” Taki asked, trying to get up the nerve to say something, not that he was entirely sure of himself.

“Well, not really. I mean...you don’t have to think of it that way!” Ryuichi sputtered, not wanting Taki to change his mind about not hitting the older man.

“Well, since it was, but it obviously went wrong, how about we go out on another one?” Taki could feel himself burning up, unable to believe what had just come out of his mouth. [Did I just say what I think I said!? Me and my big mouth.] Ryuichi was bug eyed, a strange tremor running through his body.

“You, you really mean it? Really? For real?” Ryuichi was squirming in his chair excitedly, hugging the life out of Kumagoro, looking as if he’d explode.

“Well, think of it as a trial run...” [Yeah, definitely. For all I know, Ma-kun has finally screwed with my head one too many times. Best to play it safe. If anything, it‘ll be a story when I‘m older. A story of my stupidity.] Ryuichi was jumping up and down energetically. Suddenly he leaned in and hugged Taki.

“Thank you!!! I’m so happy! Can we go Saturday!?” Ryuichi squeezed even tighter, and then looked to realize Taki was getting strangled. He immediately let go, feeling guilty. It wouldn‘t do to kill Taki now. “Oh God! I’m so sorry! Are you alright?”

“I’m fine... Saturday’s good...” Taki felt himself burning up, and it was only partially from near suffocation. Ryuichi suddenly jumped out of the chair as if he had remembered something.

“I’m going to tell Tohma! Remember, Saturday, at six in the evening!” He ran off before Taki could stop him.

“Oh, man. What the hell am I thinking?” [Then again, maybe it’s just his natural charm.] Taki suddenly shivered as he realized what he had just thought. [I should not be thinking that. Just go on the date, and realize I don’t really like him. But, what if these feelings are real, whatever they are? What if I’m not deluded? What if Ma-kun was right?] Suddenly, the migraine was back.
________________________________________________________________________

Ma-kun walked down the hall being followed by Ken. He kept turning around to give his sunglass wearing friend a scowl. Ken had insisted that they go after Taki and when he was found, Ma-kun was supposed to, supposed to, apologize. He shuddered at the thought, his pride unable to allow such a thought. [Ken-chan’s such a nag. What’s wrong with helping your friend discover himself? Helping him find true happiness? So what if it involves cruel, merciless mind games? That‘s the only thing Tachi understands!]

Suddenly, he smashed into something shorter than himself. A little something named Noriko Ukai. “Oof. Sorry Ms. Ukai.” Ma-kun said, hoping he sounded as polite as possible. They had gotten on her bad side that one day, and were trying not to stay there.

“Oh... It’s nothing.” She said, walking off, trying to hold back... a snicker? Ma- kun scratched his head, thoroughly confused by her lack of anger. [I definitely shouldn’t be having that effect on a woman.] Ken turned around and looked at her, a thought springing into his.

“Excuse me, but have you seen Taki?” He called out. Noriko stopped and turned around for a moment. Then she started laughing. “I take that as a yes.” Said Ken looking at Ma-kun, the guitarist nodding in agreement.
________________________________________________________________________

Shuichi walked down the halls, whimpering to himself. Yuki had done something unspeakable. He had thrown out all of Shuichi’s manga! He had said something about it cluttering up the place and smelling musty. His manga! Some of which he’d had since middle school! Some of which was priceless! The manga he had protected from his mother with his very life!

Shuichi was so angry, that he kept screwing up all his lines during practice. This had thrown off Suguru, causing the boy to have a hissy fit. It was decided by K that Shuichi would have a break in which he would come to terms with his manga tragedy. If that failed, the manager would put him out of his misery. [How! How can he expect me to heal the gaping hole in my heart!?]

As he was angsting, he came across Noriko and the members of... [What was the name again? Starts with an... ASK! Hmm, I don’t see old droopy eyes around...]

“So, I was right... Tachi, you sneaky bastard.” Ma-kun said with a hint of admiration in his voice. Shuichi looked confused as he came up to the group...

“What did octopus face do now?” Shuichi asked, using one of his nicknames for his rival. The three turned around, Ken and Ma-kun looking momentarily annoyed. “Eh, I mean, Aizawa.” He said sheepishly.

Noriko started giggling, barely containing herself. “He and Ryuichi...”

“What about him and Ryuichi?” Shuichi was clueless as always.

“Ryuichi Sakuma has a crush on Tachi. He’s been stalking him. Their having some alone time right now.” Said Ma-kun, grinning from ear to ear. Shuichi just stood there, as if the world was ending.

[What? Ryuichi... Aizawa...] He shook his head in an attempt to properly put things in place. [Was that why he wanted... Why him? Why that jerk?] Shuichi stood there, getting angry. Noriko leaned in, trying to read Shuichi‘s expression.

“Hey, Shuichi, you alright?” She waved a hand in front of his face, hoping to get a response. Shuichi just stood there steaming for a few minutes before he reacted.

“This. Day. Absolutely. Sucks.” He snarled and began stomping off. The three gazed at the rampaging Shuichi.

“Is he always like that?” Ken asked as he exchanged a look with Noriko.

“Just about.” Sighed Noriko as she shrugged her shoulders.
________________________________________________________________________

Taki stood in his apartment looking around. It had been a long day. Telling Ken and Ma-kun about the date had been interesting to say the least. Ma-kun had cackled evilly and promised to give him dating advice. Ken just had that look that said “Oh, that’s nice.” That actually translated into “I’m slightly disturbed and can’t talk to you right now.”

The vocalist sighed as he lay down on the sofa. [Today’s Wednesday night, so... I have about three days until Saturday night... Three days.] He opened a can of beer and took a swallow.

[Why me? This really is the plot of a shoujo manga...]
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi lay in his bed hugging Kumagoro tightly. He was snoring lightly, drooling over the stuffed rabbit.

“Taki… Date... Taki... Date...” A big smile crossed his face as he rolled around. A giggle escaped his mouth. “Taki, not here…”
________________________________________________________________________

Shuichi tightly gripped the game controls in his hand. He had forgotten earlier about the anger he had been feeling and now was enjoying a racing game. The game was forgotten though as the door opened and a certain blonde entered.

“Yuki!!” He cried, glomping the novelist who had returned from his sister’s. Yuki threw Shuichi off, looking more annoyed then usual. Shuichi sat on the floor puzzled, until he saw why. Coming in behind Yuki was a really pissed Tatsuha.

Yuki looked at Shuichi more agitated then usual. “The idiot has something to tell you. If you need me, I’ll be in bed, so don‘t come bugging me with your childish problems.” Yuki stalked off towards the bedroom, slamming the door.

“What’s he so mad about? He’s the one who trashed my manga stash.” Shuichi said as he looked at the bedroom door. “Hey, Tatsuha, did Mika say something to him?” He turned around to find himself face to face with a look of psychotic rage. Tatsuha grabbed him by the shirt and drug him forward.

“How could you? How could you let some old guy get my Ryuichi!?” Tatsuha was in full ‘Ryuichi is my god’ mode.

“What are you…? Oh, you heard about Aizawa?” Shuichi stared at Tatsuha, not sure how to weather this storm.

“Tohma told me when I was over at Mika’s. How could you help him snare some other guy when you know how much I want him?” Tatsuha fell to his knees and put a hand to his face. “I trusted you! Like a brother...”

“Eh, Tatsuha...” Shuichi backed away. He never knew how to handle the younger boy. Actually he couldn’t handle any Uesugi for that matter. It just seemed to be even harder with Tatsuha. He reached out cautiously and put a hand on Tatsuha’s back. “There, there. Listen, I didn’t know he liked Aizawa, okay? If I had known, well let’s just say me and Aizawa don’t get along.”

Tatsuha’s head snapped up and an evil grin appeared on his face. “That’s what I thought you’d say. That’s why you’re going to help me.”

Shuichi backed up, a look of horror on his face. “What? Help you?” Tatsuha had that gleam in his eyes, the one he got right before he did something monumentally stupid. The younger man wrapped an arm around Shuichi.

“Yes. We must protect Ryuichi from that bastard! That’s why, this Saturday, we’re going to follow them!” You could see the flames form around Tatsuha.

“What!?” Shuichi shrieked as he backed away from the mad teen. Meanwhile, one might have noticed that the bedroom door was opened a crack. Yuki looked from the other side.

“That idiot.” Anyone who was listening would’ve been hard pressed to say who he was talking about.
________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued...

Just what does Tatsuha have planned, eh?

Please Read and Review. It really helps.

Yes, I definitely had to bring Tats in. Before you get any ideas, this will not be Tatsuha/Ryuichi. The point of this fic is a Ryu/Taki pairing. I brought Tatsuha in, because well you kind of have to in a story like this. Don’t worry; I’ll try to think of something nice for him.