Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Anxiety... You bet! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating: PG-13.

Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

Genres: Humor/Romance/slight Angst.

[] a character's thoughts.
// // flashback

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or its characters. If I did we'd have a lot more Taki. He, he, yes I'm that crazy.

This chapter is a prelude to disaster…Expect the actual juicy stuff next chapter.
______________________________________________________________ __________

Inspired

Chapter 9

Taki had never been more nervous about a Saturday night in his entire life. He had been forced to spend the whole week anticipating, worrying, thinking about a measly little date. And Taki Aizawa was the last person who should be left to stew in his own juices.

What did he do on a date? With a guy? With Ryuichi? Any actual dates he had before this had been arranged for the sole purpose of screwing. This date was meant to figure out if he actually liked the guy or not.

He sure as hell hadn't been allowed to forget about the date either. Ken and Ma-kun wouldn't hear of it. They were always talking about it behind his back. He'd enter the room and they would suddenly change whatever subject they'd been on. And they'd giggle like schoolgirls. He'd finally given up on killing them as they both ran too fast.

Worse was the fact that Tohma was his producer. He had taken Taki aside and given him the scariest talk of his whole life. The basic message had been, "He comes home crying and you're dead." It was amazing that Tohma had the time to play keyboard for Nittle Grasper, be Chief Producer for ASK and to threaten Taki with bodily harm.

Taki was also getting some strange vibe from Shindou. A glare/frown/pout would cross the pop star's face. It pissed him off. What right did the little shit have to judge him?

But, there was one thing keeping him from brooding on Shindou. Ryuichi Sakuma. The guy seemed to find Taki at least three times a day. He kept acting like he was Taki's girlfriend, hanging onto him, getting him lunch. The older man seemed to assume they were automatically a couple and should act the part.

Taki may have been trying to be indifferent to it, but he liked it. He liked the attention he was getting, he liked the fact that it was from Ryuichi, he even liked that everyone knew about. It actually inflated his ego a little. It made up for all his fears and anxieties and that Saturday morning he actually was feeling excited about the date. Hell, it even crossed his mind that maybe, just maybe the chance he was taking was worth it.
___________________________________________________________________ _____


Shuichi looked at Tatsuha, still not sure why he was doing this. They were both dressed in casual slacks and t-shirts, and had sunglasses and hats on, typical spy gear. "Why am I helping you with this?" [I could be spending time with Yuki. Spending time with him. Not breaking in on Ryuichi's date with droopy eyes!] The very thought of those two together made Shuichi's stomach turn.

"You're the only ally I have in this crazy world. And you're the only one who understands the pain of unrequited love!" Tatsuha declared dramatically as he cleaned his binoculars.

Shuichi sweat dropped, embarrassed for the both of them. [What unrequited love? I have a boyfriend! Who I'd be spending time with right now if it weren't for you! Not that he cares.] "Tatsuha, did it ever occur to you that maybe, I don't know, there's nothing you can do about it? I mean, if Ryuichi likes Aizawa and Aizawa likes him back… There's not a whole lot you can do about it, is there?"

A gleam appeared in Tatsuha's eyes and an evil smile crossed the teen's face. "That's why should I fail, I have a consolation prize lined up for tonight..." He looked at Shuichi, slobbering slightly. Shuichi returned his stare, not comprehending what the younger man meant. Tatsuha leaned in closer until he was practically breathing on the older boy. "After all you do owe me Shuichi for… That time…"

"What time?" Shuichi was suspicious, backing away from Tatsuha. He knew that look in Tatsuha's eyes. That 'I'm-going-get-me-a-little-Shuichi-tonight' look.

"Remember a month ago when I was over? You broke my brother's computer. I took the rap for you. Yuki nearly killed me." Tatsuha had a mock dramatic look on his face. "You promised me you'd do anything in return for me."

"Yeah… Alright, that explains my obligation to help you spy. But, why the other thing…" Shuichi gulped.

"Oh, my sweet, little, dense Shuichi." Tatsuha looked at the pink-haired boy in pity. "You have it in reverse. You're helping me spy because you helped that Aizawa bastard get his clutches into Ryuichi."

[Actually I thought it was Ryuichi getting his clutches into Aizawa…] Shuichi held his hand up to stop the younger man from saying anything else. "Alright, I get it. So I just have to help you with whatever you have planned tonight, hope it succeeds and you drop the computer scandal. And if it fails… I, um do another favor for you and you still drop the scandal?" Tatsuha nodded happily.

[The things I do for Yuki's love…]
__________________________________________________________ ______________

Tohma sat in his living room, reading the paper in peace. It wasn't often he left the office this early, but it happened. Sometimes Tohma needed some time just for Tohma. The night was almost perfect. He was cozy sitting in his favorite chair, shoes off, a night alone with Mika… And Yuki… A very angry Yuki. The novelist had stormed into his house and was now sitting across from him, fuming. Tohma looked up from his paper and cocked an eyebrow. He loved his brother-in-law to pieces. Some would call it an unnatural love. But, even that love had its limits. Limits that including messing with Tohma Seguchi's groove.

"Eiri, if you're that worried, you could've stopped them." Tohma looked at him seriously. Yuki returned his stare, looking very annoyed.

"Chh, I just don't want that idiot Tatsuha to get arrested." He was quickly filling up the ash tray that had been set out for him. "Shuichi can't handle him but he can minimize the damage."

"Uh, huh." Tohma was giving Yuki a pointed look, not believing a word he said.
_________________________________________________________________ _______

Ryuichi bounced up and down in his apartment, holding hands with Kumagoro.

"Kumagoro! It's almost time! Time for my date! I'm so happy!" Kumagoro nodded in agreement, though that could have been from all the bouncing. Ryuichi stopped and looked in a mirror. He brushed his hair out of his eyes and smiled at himself.

"Everything checks out! Teeth are clean. Hair is washed and brushed. Clothes are clean. Deodorant is on." He sat Kumagoro on the table.

"Okay… You remember the numbers for the hospital and the fire department?" He was rushing around, trying to find his keys. Finding them in with the bananas he walked over to the door. "I'll see you later Kumagoro, don't wait up." He waved as he left.
_________________________________________________________________ _______

Taki had been waiting, for a while now and was seriously getting pissed. "Why is he the one picking me up? God, I feel like I'm his chick." [Kind of an odd reversal from earlier this week.] Taki sighed to himself and decided to get back to the more important train of thought. [He's late. What if he stood me up? He better not, or else I'll have to teach him what happens when you mess with Taki Aizawa.]

At that moment, there came a rapid knocking noise on the door. "I'm coming." Taki shouted, hoping it was Ryuichi. The knocking continued, sounding like a woodpecker. He walked to the door in a hurry, muttering to himself. "Who the hell knocks like that?" As he opened the door, he felt a fist strike his chest, causing a small, sharp pain. Ryuichi stood there, in surprise, his fist raised slightly.

"Taki! I'm sorry!" He cried, bowing furiously. Taki rubbed the spot, sorely. [Man, he's strong. What is he eating?]

"It's… nothing. Where were you? You're an hour late." He scowled at Ryuichi, causing the older man to flinch. Ryuichi got a sheepish look on his face…

"Well, I got pulled over for speeding. Apparently I was going 60 in a 30 mile zone." Ryuichi rubbed the back of his head, blushing. "The cop was really mad. He didn't even care that I was Ryuichi." Ryuichi smiled. "But, he decided to give me a warning instead. So here I am." He grabbed Taki's arm and began to pull him out the door.

"Where are we going?" Taki said as he allowed himself the humiliation of being dragged out of his house like a sack of potatoes. Ryuichi stopped for a moment as if thinking. "Don't tell me you don't have any plans…" Aizawa closed his eyes and groaned.

"NO!" Ryuichi shouted, the volume of his voice up a couple decibels. "I-I know what I'm doing! Don't worry I have the perfect plan! This will be the most wonderful evening ever!" It was obvious to Taki that Ryuichi was lying, but he was just a little too embarrassed by the last line to even care.
_________________________________________________________________ _______

It was near eight before Ryuichi stopped by a park. "Come on! Let's go!" Ryuichi shouted excitedly, tugging on Taki's arm, as if the younger man couldn't get out of the car fast enough.

"What are we going to do at a park?" Taki looked around wondering if Ryuichi was thinking something perverted.

"Oh, I thought a romantic stroll would be nice!" It was obvious that Ryuichi was covering and had probably just came up with this idea out of the blue, but Taki decided to let it slide. He felt Ryuichi grab his hand and pull him along. It felt strange being taken by the hand and the younger man couldn't say that he minded.

[This isn't so bad. Not what I expected but not bad.] It was quiet out, the moon only half way full. The night was warm, a pleasant breeze blowing. Other couples were out walking, occasionally giving the two an odd look. Taki found that it wasn't bothering him as much as he had thought it would.

He looked at Ryuichi who was being unusually quiet. He looked small and so cute. Taki squeezed his hand a little tighter. Ryuichi looked up at him a moment then continued walking.

[I wish it could stay like this…] It was a thought that kept entering Ryuichi's mind. He liked this moment which wasn't painfully awkward. It was romantic and normal and pleasant. Sure he had planned on dinner and a movie but he'd lost his reservations by the time the speeding fiasco was over. But, it was turning out for the best. And this was considering that Ryuichi rarely did normal.
_______________________________________________________________ _________


Meanwhile, Tatsuha and Shuichi were lurking behind the bushes. Shuichi desperately wanted to stretch. He was sore from walking in a crouch and hated sitting still like this. "Tatsuha, it's been an hour. What's your plan and can we get it over with?" Shuichi had a short attention span by nature and it was already waning.

Tatsuha's eyes narrowed as if he had just seen something important. "Alright, let's go." He said as he grabbed Shuichi.

"Hey, what are we going to do?" Shuichi really wanted to know what this great plan was that Tatsuha kept hinting at. He felt Tatsuha wrap an arm around him and lean down to ear level.

"Simple. We're going to bump into them. I'm going to seduce Ryuichi away from that guy and you're going to back me up."

"What!?"
________________________________________________ ________________________

To Be Continued…

Twos company, threes a crowd and fours just unwanted…

Sorry if it's a bit of cliffhanger.

I think I'm being cruel to Shuichi though…eek being Tatsuha's consolation prize. Not that I wouldn't mind. Tatsuha's too hot for his own good…