Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ A gun to your head, A decision to make ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairings: Ryu/Taki and slight Tatsuha/Shuichi.

Summary: Taki's undergoing a grueling interrogation courtesy of K. Tatsuha's hot and heavy and Shuichi's even more confused then before. And poor Suguru gets no part of the action whatsoever.

[ ] a character's thoughts.

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or its characters
____________________________________________________________ ____________

Inspired

Chapter 16

"That's a lot of alcohol in the refrigerator." K said as he put a mark on his list. "Mind if I have some?" Taki nodded his head slowly, as if the slightest movement would set the gun off.

"Thanks." The blonde popped open a can and chugged it down. "Whew! That really hits the spot. Now onto business." He slammed the can down and pointed his gun at the frightened young man, as he gestured towards a chair. "Sit down."

Taki couldn't quite move though because of the gun pointing at his head. K fired a shot that whizzed by his head, causing Taki to give a little squeak. "SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!" Shouted the scary man. Taki did as he was told, feeling like he was about to faint anyways. "That's much better." K smirked as he walked over to the vocalist.

"At least you can take orders, unlike some of the morons around here." The blonde leaned in, until he was just a breath away from Taki. "Now, as I was saying before, we need to have a little chat."

Taki gulped. [I am so dead.]
________________________________________________________________ ________

"Come on Suguru-kun, let's watch this one!" Shuichi said enthusiastically as he popped an action movie into the vcr. Suguru didn't feel like disagreeing with choice of watching mindless piece of drivel or with the fact that Shuichi was acting very familiar. They were both wearing pajamas and had a bowl of popcorn set out. It had already become like a girl's sleep over.

[I've let myself slip this far, might as well take the full plunge. Beside, I really should get to know him better.] That and if it would shut the guy's whiney pie-hole, then Suguru could spend a million evenings with Shuichi Shindou.

They both stared intently at the screen which was getting filled with bullet shots. It was basically a bad rendition of a die hard movie that through the power of violence managed to hold the viewer's attention. It was only after the doorbell rang for the fifth time that one of them came back to reality.

"Fine, I'll get it." Suguru muttered as he walked to the door. "Yes?" Suguru was surprised to see a young man fly through the door

"Shuichi, my love!" Tatsuha cried as he lunged at Suguru. Suguru stepped out of the way, just barely, escaping the tackle. Tatsuha found himself eating carpet instead of holding a nice, warm body.

"Shuichi?" Tatsuha got up and looked at Suguru. "You're not Shuichi." [Damn, this midget sure seems familer though?]

"Duh. I'm Suguru Fujisaki. And you're Tatsuha, right?" The boy had to admit, the guy really did look like Yuki. Even the pictures didn't do him justice. It was actually a little creepy.

"Tatsuha!" Shuichi jumped off the couch as if to run, but got paralyzed and couldn't move.

"I told you I'd be back. How about we discuss things… in private." The dark haired teen added as he looked at Suguru, wishing the boy would go away and stop ruining the moment.

"No!" Screamed Shuichi as he glomped onto Suguru. "He can't leave!!" Seeing Tatsuha looking at him intently, Shuichi struggled with an answer. "He, he's-" A light bulb went on in Shuichi's head. "He's the perfect target for those sick, night-prowling perverts!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. Tatsuha and Suguru both sweat dropped, for different reasons.

[There goes my reputation…] Suguru sighed to himself, suddenly realizing that this `sleep over' had been a bad idea.
_________________________________________________________________ _______

"Now according to my file here…" K was flipping through some papers he had brought with. "You just barely passed your entrance exams for Mitsurabi High School. A school with one of the easiest entrance exams in the province."

"That wasn't a good time for me. That teacher was out to get me, I swear." [I can't believe we're going over my exams. I want to forget that those ever happened.] Suddenly the pen was out and writing on the pad of paper.

"Blames his problems on others…" K mumbled as he wrote something down. Taki felt a twitch form.

"Well, be that as it may… Moving on. According to your records from Mitsurabi, you were a below average student, who just barely graduated. You were in no clubs or activities. And you had a very poor attendance record."

"Come on. It was just school. Nothing I was going to need." [Sure, he only looks at high school, when I stopped giving a damn…] K mumbled something, jotting down another note.

"Then there was the issue of college. According to this, you completely blew off studying for the entrance exams."

"Hey, there were more important things in my life…" The American gave him a stern look and pointed his gun to Taki's forehead, causing the man to gulp.

"An education, not important..?" He said this slowly, a dangerous tone to his voice. "Day by day, this world is filled with useless delinquents, the poor and the homeless. People who are too weak to defend themselves, because they lack an education… How dare you mock the value of an education! An education is one of the building blocks of good citizens everywhere!"

"I'm so sorry!" Taki's eyes were clenched. [I'm too young to die!] Slowly K drew the gun back.

"I will forgive you for that lapse… After all, one shouldn't be judged on his past mistakes." Taki opened his eyes in disbelief. [Could I be saved?] K's smirk quickly squashed that notion.

"But, present mistakes are an entirely different matter!"
______________________________________________________________ __________

Tatsuha kept frowning at Suguru, who maintained a neutral glance as he stood between the two. "Well, one of us has to leave." Suguru knew he had to be firm.

"It's not me." Growled Tatsuha. [Stupid brat, spoiling my fun.]

"Well, Shuichi can't leave either. It's where he lives." The green haired boy was giving off an icy vibe, which was frightening Shuichi, but wasn't having any affect on Tatsuha.


"It's you who will be leaving." Sneered the dark haired teenager, as he glared at Suguru.

"Uh, no. That's not how it works. You weren't invited here in the first place. Shuichi doesn't want you here, so leave." Tatsuha's jaw dropped in disbelief. [I can't believe this brat! Who does he think he is?]

"I want Tatsuha to stay." Whispered Shuichi. Now it was time for both Tatsuha and Suguru to be shocked.

"But, Shuichi-" Suguru was about to protest until he say the looks on the other two's faces. Tatsuha's triumph and Shuichi's… Desire. [I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to.] "Fine. I see how it is." Suguru muttered. He went to change his clothes. Coming back into the living room with his belongings, he gave the both of them a dirty look. "I hope you're both happy."

He slammed the door and then pulled out his cell phone. "Now what was that number again?"
_______________________________________________________________ _________

Eiri Yuki was not a happy man. His train had been delayed by a small power outage. Thus, he had been stuck waiting for two hours. He thought about going home, but it was a little too far away, not to mention that the idiot was having over a friend. Who just happened to be the cousin of the intolerably pleasant Tohma.

His phone rang, playing an annoyingly upbeat tune, which had probably been chosen by Shuichi. He made a mental note to change it to a less annoying tune when he had the chance.

"Hello? What do you want? If you're going to complain to me about Shuichi, then you can just hang up… What about my brother? So, what? He always comes onto Shuichi. Love… Are you serious? What do you mean the idiot's… I'll be right there." He muttered as he hurried off to hail a taxi.
_________________________________________________________________ _______

"Eh, so what was it you wanted to talk about?" Shuichi had moved so that the couch was between him and Tatsuha.

"What do you think I want to talk about? Us." He was looking at Shuichi like a wolf on the prowl and it was obvious that no couch on earth would stop him.

"Us? There is no us." [At least I think there isn't…]

"Why do I still think you're lying?"

"Maybe because you're a deluded manic." Tatsuha was suddenly leaning over the couch and was way too close to Shuichi.

"Well, I think you have a thing for maniacs. Otherwise you wouldn`t like my brother." He pulled Shuichi forward and kissed him. Shuichi sighed as he closed his eyes. [I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just don't want to fight you right now.]
_________________________________________________________________ _______

"And this last woman, Hikari Minase claims that you cheated on her at least three times." K reading this information off of a rather long document which he had somehow filled with comments from every woman Taki had ever been with.

"In all fairness, she cheated first." Taki muttered, arms crossed. He was no longer scared of the crazy American. Well, that was a lie. But, Taki was getting angry now and thus he was a little more talkative.

"Hmm, yes. Her record does indicate a certain looseness." Muttered K as he jotted something down.

"What are you writing anyways?" K turned slowly, a scary look in his eyes.

"Why, my pro and con list."

"Your what?" The blonde shook his head in exasperation as if his meaning should have been perfectly clear.

"Pro and con list. A list of all your good and bad points. Once completed, I will weigh the two sides together. Depending on which side has more weight, I will either leave things as they are, or…" He cocked his gun at Taki. "I'll make sure you never bother him again."

"You mean I have no say in this? And what's it to you?" [This is pissing me off.]

"Say! You've had plenty of `say' already. And as for why I should care, well let's just say, he is a precious thing I have guarded for many years. And I will not give him up that easily."

[Precious… What does he mean by that?] The phone was ringing. Taki got up as if to get it, when he heard the pull of the trigger. "How about I get that?" Taki nodded, sitting back down. "Hello? Ryuichi?"
_____________________________________________________________ ___________

Ryuichi reclined back in his airplane seat, surprise written all over his face. "K? What are you doing at Taki's?"

"Why, uh… I just wanted to meet him. Get to know him better." Came the American's voice, sounding a little strained.

"Really? So what do you think of him?" [I hope K likes him.] Next to Shuichi, Tohma and Noriko, K was one of Ryuichi's favorite people in the world. Not to mention Ryuichi's former manager/bodyguard. Ryuichi had always valued the American`s opinion.

"I just have this to say-" At that moment Tohma, who had been sitting next to Ryuichi, grabbed the phone.

"Tohma! I was talking to K." Whimpered Ryuichi, surprised by his friend's rudeness.


"That is the problem. Did it occur to you that he's over there because he's `interviewing' Aizawa? The way he's `interviewed' all your other lovers?" A light of comprehension dawned on Ryuichi's face.

"Oh no, not that! He can't do that to Taki!" He screamed, causing passengers to wake and look their way in irritation. Noriko, who had been sleeping in the seat next to Tohma, looked at Ryuichi, an ugly glare showing.

"Don't you know what time it is?" Tohma patted her on the shoulder reasssuringly.

"Just go to sleep. I'll take care of it." Noriko snuggled down into the seat with a huff. Tohma picked up the receiver again. "K, what are you doing over there?"

"Seguchi, I was just investigating this man, to make sure he was fit for Ryuichi. And I found-"

"I don't care." Before K could protest, Tohma cut him off again. "K, Ryuichi is thirty- one years old. He is mature enough to make his own decisions."

"But, Sir-"

"You know he is. K, you are not his manager anymore. And you are not his brother or his father." You could hear a strangled sound coming from K. "Now, I'm going to hand the phone over to Ryuichi, alright K?" Tohma handed the phone over with a smile. "It's all yours now, Ryu."

"Okay…" Ryuichi was so confused by what had happened. "K, is Taki there? And in one piece?" He hoped K hadn't done anything bad to Taki. Or else he'd have to lose another friend. On top of losing Tatsuha and almost losing Shuichi.

"Uh, Ryuichi?" When he heard Taki's voice, Ryuichi breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh Taki! Thank God! I was so worried. Are you okay? Did K hurt you? I'm really sorry. He's normally not like that! In fact, once you get to know him, he's a really nice person!"

"I'm fine. Scared shitless, but fine. Nice person, huh? I think you and I have a different definition of what's nice." Ryuichi felt a small smile form. If Taki was being sarcastic and cracking jokes like this, then he really was alright.

"I am so relieved. You're not mad are you?"

"At you, no. At him, yes. But, that aside, why did you call me?"

"I just wanted to hear the sound of your voice."

"Oh… Well, I guess that's okay."

"I don't want to keep you up, so I'm hanging up now. Bye! Have fun with K!" Ryuichi shut the phone off, not hearing Taki's cry of protest.
______________________________________________________________ __________

Taki put down the phone slowly and turned to face his `guest.' "Well, now…"

"Goodbye, Mr. Aizawa." K was heading towards the door.

"Eh?" The vocalist wasn't sure what to think.

"I'll leave things up to Ryuichi, for now. But, if I ever find out that you have hurt him in any way… You'll pay." The blonde said as he slammed the door behind him. Taki's shoulders sagged in relief.

"In hindsight, there are times when I think this was all a mistake. But, now from the looks of it, my choices are Ryuichi or death…" [Who am I kidding? It could be Ryuichi or a million dollars and I'd still be stuck with the man-child.]
___________________________________________________________ _____________

When Shuichi came to his senses, Tatsuha had managed to pull the shorter boy's shirt off and was in the process of removing his pants. "Tatsuha!" He yelled as he pushed away the teenager, who was still fully dressed. [How the hell did he do that without me noticing?]

"What? You were enjoying it!" He yelled, tired of being denied. Plus, Shuichi looked really, really good without his shirt on.

"Listen. I realize that certain feelings have arisen in the past few weeks. But," Shuichi was trying really hard to sound serious, even though his face was flushed and he was panting. "But, we should back down for a minute and think about this carefully."

"What's there to think about? I want to do it, you want to do it, so let's do it." Shuichi groaned inwardly as he remembered that logic didn't always work on Tatsuha.

"It's not that simple. Listen, I realize that you are at that stage where you have certain feelings. I'm not saying those feelings are wrong." [Yeah, that sounds good.] "But, sometimes, a person can mistake a physical attraction for something more."

"What about you, Mr. High and Mighty? You weren't making a `mistake' a few minutes ago, were you?" Tatsuha had his patented smirk on.

"No. That was just… I just, I , I… I have issues, okay!" [Shit, how am I supposed to convince him to drop this when I can't convince myself?] He felt Tatsuha pull him closer.

"Just give in, damn it. It won't kill you." He could feel Tatsuha's frustration. And it wasn't doing much for Shuichi's thought process.

"Yes, it will. Or, at least I'll be without a place to stay." [Yuki wouldn't stand for me and Tatsuha having an affair… Not at all.]

"Just stay with me. Or wait, the old man hates you… I'll get a place. Or even better, you can pay for an apartment. You are rolling in the money now…" Tatsuha was musing, slowly planning out their future.

"Tatsuha! Keep focused! You know I can't just leave Yuki. He's the one I love…" [At least, I think so.]
__________________________________________________________________ ______

Suguru had been sitting out on the stairs all this time, listening to what was going on in the house. "Those idiots." He was pissed that he had been thrown out like that. [After I went to all that trouble for him and he just shoos me out. All because his precious Tatsuha is here.]

The worst thing was, Suguru felt jealous. Shuichi had two incredibly handsome men in his life, while Suguru had nothing. No girlfriend, no boyfriend. It wasn't like he was getting any casual sex either. [I hope Yuki dumps his sorry ass and that asshole Tatsuha leaves him after a month… It serves him right.]

Suddenly, he heard a car screech to a stop. Looking up, he saw a pissed off Eiri Yuki coming his way. [Maybe this wasn`t such a good idea.]
________________________________________________________________ ________

To Be Continued…

Tatsuha and Yuki have it out over Shuichi. Who will he choose? Plus, we have Taki trying to decide what Ryuichi really means for him and if it's enough for him to continue seeing the celebrity. And what of Suguru?