Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pairings: Ryu/Taki and slight Tatsuha/Shuichi.

Summary: The big scene everyone’s been waiting for…Yuki, Tatsuha and Shuichi in the same room. The end of a relationship and the beginning of another…

[ ] a character's thoughts.

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or its characters
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Inspired

Chapter 17


Suguru shuddered as he saw Yuki rushing up the steps, looking homicidal. The boy was really regretting this. The blonde stopped in front of him abruptly. “Are they in there?”

“Y-yes.” Suguru gulped as the blonde stormed past him and into the house. [This was a big mistake, a really big mistake.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Shuichi, do you honestly think this relationship is healthy?” Seeing Shuichi turn his head away gave Tatsuha a little more confidence. “I mean, he’s always yelling at you and he never has enough time for you. You work so hard on this relationship and he does nothing. I’ve seen you worried sick over him and the best he can do is call you a brat or a twit.”

“How can you say that about him? He’s your brother. He has a lot of wounds that need healing. It’s okay if he yells. I don’t mind. Really, I don’t.” Shuichi whimpered. [Though, I wish he’d show some appreciation once in a while.]

The younger teen wrapped his arms around Shuichi once again, this time a little tighter. “Just admit it. You’re not happy. You don’t want to be with him anymore. It’s okay to end a relationship if you aren‘t happy.”

“Tatsuha…I, it’s not that. I mean, right now it’s not perfect, but I can’t forget those good times.” He felt himself weakening against Tatsuha’s grip, even as he kept trying to deny what was going on. “It’s just that, I’m starting to feel, a little indifferent…” The older boy could feel Tatsuha’s grip suddenly slacken. “Tatsuha?”

“Eiri?” He was looking behind Shuichi, at his rather speechless and enraged brother. Shuichi turned around slowly and gulped.

“What the hell are you two..?” Not only did he sound pissed, but Yuki seemed to be confused as well, which was guaranteed to piss him off even more. It didn’t really help that Shuichi was shirtless either.

“Yuki, I, we, uh-” He was cut off by Tatsuha who stepped in front of him.

“Eiri, we aren’t going to deceive you. I have feelings for him and he has feelings for me.” Yuki got this look on his face as if all hell had just frozen over. Suddenly he grabbed Tatsuha by his shirt collar and hauled the dark-haired boy upwards.

“You little shit! I think all that screwing around finally damaged something in your already sick little head.” Tatsuha looked Yuki in the eyes, defiant and unfazed.

“Screw you Eiri. Just because you chose not to have a life doesn’t mean me and Shuichi can’t.” A loud smack sound echoed throughout the house as Yuki’s palm came into contact with Tatsuha’s face.

“Stop it!” Screamed Shuichi, tears streaming down his face. “Just stop it you two.” Yuki dropped Tatsuha, causing him to stumble. Then the blonde walked over to the crying boy and tilted his face upwards.

“Tell me. Are you really in love with him?”

“I don’t know…” He knew it looked bad, really bad. [He comes in and finds us in each others arms. And I’m half-naked…I’m in so deep…]

“Liar.” Yuki let his face drop. “What did you mean by feeling indifferent?” Shuichi quieted, realizing what he meant, but afraid to say it. “What did you mean?” Malice filled those words this time. Shuichi suddenly felt a twinge of anger and his head snapped up.

“What I meant is that I’m tired of making the effort. I’m tired of working so hard to make you happy. And when I’m not trying to make you happy, I’m trying to keep you from getting angry. It’s like walking on eggshells. And you never make an effort to do anything.” Yuki stiffened, then started laughing.

“Effort? You want to talk about making an effort? I make an effort everyday just to tolerate your obnoxiousness. You think I asked for you to enter my life? Oh no, you did that all on your own. Trust me, it was an effort to take you in stride.” Yuki shook his head in disbelief. “I went to see your crappy singing twice. I indulged your selfish desire to move in with me. I’ve endured all your little attention getting schemes when I could have been writing. Don’t you dare talk to me about making an effort or being indifferent.”

They glared at each other, suddenly feeling all the resentment they had never been willing to discuss or resolve. “So what you’re saying is you don’t want me here?”

“You’re the one who doesn’t want to be here. How about you leave right now?” Shuichi’s eyes widened for a second, then they hardened.

“Fine, I will.” He stormed off, grabbing his shirt while he was at it, heading towards the bedroom to get his things. Tatsuha and Yuki gave each other cold glances. The writer sat down on the sofa and lit a cigarette. He frowned when he realized he had grabbed Tatsuha’s pack. Sneering, he tossed it over to the boy, who caught it.

“Well, I hope you’re happy.” He muttered as he searched for his own cigarettes.

“Shut up, you bastard.” Tatsuha muttered as he lit up a stick. He had just gotten what he wanted, but he did feel a little bad right now. [Damn it anyways. It’s for their own good. They just made each other miserable. And yet, I feel like I’m the villain here.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Suguru leaned against the doorway, feeling like he was going to cry. [I didn’t mean for this to happen. I’m such a screw up.] At that moment the door opened and Suguru fell backwards, he looked up to see a very annoyed Shuichi followed by a pissed off Tatsuha. Shuichi looked down at the green-haired boy as if he was a bug. Suguru scooted out of the way and watched as the two walked out the door..

“And I’ll be back tomorrow for the rest of my crap!” Shuichi shouted as he slammed the door. “Come on, let’s go. I assume you rode your motorcycle here?” The pink-haired boy looked at Tatsuha who nodded as they started down the stairs.

“Eh, Shuichi-” Suguru tried to say something only to be shot the most venom-filled, hateful look he had ever received in his life. The green-haired boy backed off and watched the two continue down the stairs. Moments later he heard an engine being revved and saw a motorcycle go off.

“Why me?” He buried his head in his arms as he sat down once more. [I have no ride. I’m stuck out in the cold. And if I call Tohma, he might come here and if he finds out about Yuki…I’m so stupid…] He whimpered, feeling even lonelier than before.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Where are we going?” Shuichi yelled, hoping Tatsuha could hear him.

“Don’t yell. I can hear you just fine.” Tatsuha said was he speed through the empty streets. “I have a key to one of Mika‘s apartments in this area. We’ll go there for now.” Shuichi decided not ask why Mika would have an apartment in this neighborhood or why Tatsuha would have the key. He just wanted to go somewhere safe and quiet and forget that the whole night had ever happened.

When they came to the apartment, he was surprised to see how normal it looked. He would’ve thought it would be more glamorous, as befitting the wife of Tohma Seguchi. Instead, it was a normal, three bedroom apartment. He dropped his bag on the floor and nearly dropped himself next, only to have Tatsuha catch him. “Not until we hit the sack.” As Tatsuha dragged Shuichi towards one of the bedrooms, it occurred to him that it might not be such a good idea to be alone with one of the horniest human beings he had ever met. Tatsuha begin to remove his clothes confirmed that suspicion.

“Tatsuha…I think we…” Shuichi moaned as he felt the other’s lips on his neck.

“No. We’re not stopping this time.” Tatsuha’s hand going down the pink-haired boy’s pants seemed to drive that point home.

“No, that’s not what I meant.” Shuichi whimpered when Tatsuha stopped the contact.

“What do you mean then?” The dark haired boy really didn’t want to be teased anymore. It was understandable that he was beginning to become a little paranoid.

“I want you to realize,” Shuichi wrapped his arms around Tatsuha’s neck, “that after this, we’re going to be stuck together, whether you like it or not. I’ll make sure of that. So you better not change your mind about wanting to be with me.” He ran his tongue across the dark-haired boy’s jaw, causing him to shudder. [This may be wrong, but I don’t care anymore.]

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure neither of us regrets this.” ___________________________________________________________________________ __________

Suguru shivered as he leaned against the door. It was past midnight and he was getting cold. “Stupid, stupid Shuichi.” He whimpered to himself. [Stupid, stupid me.] And once again, as luck would have it, the door opened, causing the teenage boy to fall backwards. He looked up to see Eiri Yuki looking down on him.

“You’re still here? Why don’t you just go home?” Suguru just stared at him blankly. Yuki got an annoyed look on his face and turned as if to shut the door. Instead he stopped and sighed in disgust. “What are you waiting for? Get inside.” Suguru lay there, a vacant look still gracing his features. “Oh, geez.” The blonde growled as he grabbed Suguru by the hand and pulled him upwards. The boy stumbled, coming back to his senses.

“Uh, Yuki, I…” He stuttered, not sure what to do.

“Get in, now.” Yuki’s sharp tone got Suguru moving. Yuki slammed the door shut once the smaller boy was inside. “You can stay here tonight, but tomorrow you’re going home or wherever it is you go. You can just take the couch.” Yuki stalked off towards his office. It took a few minutes before Suguru decided it was okay to actually sit down.

Kicking off his shoes, he laid down, as if to sleep. But, it became obvious that it was a lost cause. He woke up and glanced at Yuki’s office, surprised to see a light on. He timidly peeked through the open door to see Yuki typing at a computer. [Does he know how late it is?] Suguru was about to back away, only to be caught.

“Sheesh, if it isn’t one brat bothering me, it’s another.” He muttered, rubbing his temples for a moment. “What do you want?”

“Well, isn’t it a bit late to be working?” He felt nervous, as he had never been alone with the man before, let alone when he was in a bad mood.

“I’m not making it anywhere tonight. So I might as well get some work done.”

“But, I mean, that can’t be good for your health. Shouldn’t you get some sleep instead?”

“You’re just like him, you know that?” Suguru blinked at the statement.

“Like who?” A harsh laugh filled the air.

“Your stupid cousin. Always acting like you care so much when all you care about is yourself.” The boy flinched at the tone.

“I’m not like that. I was just concerned, that’s all.” He whispered, feeling a little nervous.

“Sure you are. Tell me, why did you really call? It wasn’t for my welfare, was it? And it wasn’t for Shuichi’s sake or my brother’s. You did it all for yourself.” Yuki looked at Suguru sharply, daring him to disagree.

“I didn’t mean for it to turn out this way. I really didn’t.” Suguru looked down at his shoes, hoping the blonde would stop looking at him, stop dissecting him. [Just stop it, please.]

“What you really mean is that you didn’t mean for it to turn out this badly.” Yuki got up and walked over to the boy, looking at him calmly. “You had some angle though, and wanted something to happen. You just didn’t stop to think about the consequences.” He was only a foot away from Suguru, who still refused to look up.

“Okay, you‘re right! I’m selfish, alright!” The boy shouted, tears streaming down his face. “I just wanted to, to…I don’t know what I wanted! I just know that I don’t want to be alone anymore.” He whimpered, his throat constricting. Feeling a hand on his head, Suguru looked up.

“So much like him, yet so different. Good night kid.” Yuki said as he shuffled out of the room. Suguru stood there, trying to wipe his tears away. [What did he mean by that?]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Taki lay on his bed, spread out, unable to sleep. He had pre-concert jitters and that damn gun maniac had only aggravated the problem. He felt an involuntary shudder travel through his body as he thought about the gun that had been pointed at his head for most of the evening.

But, it wasn’t just the fear of death that was aggravating his problem. The bastard had managed to worm out all of his self-doubts and fears and now they wouldn’t leave him alone. [Ryuichi, why do you want me? It makes no sense. I sure as hell wouldn’t want me. I’m just another pretty face who just happens to sing. And not as well as you. And I’m a horrible, horrible person. I just know it. I’m unpleasant, uptight and I‘m such a prick sometimes. And as much as I don’t want to be, I’m too dependent as well.]

His dependence was frightening in and of it’s self. Because, he was already beginning to depend on Ryuichi more than he wanted to admit. [If I didn’t feel this need for you, then I wouldn’t be so scared.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

That morning when Shuichi woke up and found himself alone, he nearly had a panic attack. He was very relieved when he found Tatsuha in the living room watching tv. The younger boy gave him a mischievous grin.

“What, thought I was going to leave you? You don’t need to be so paranoid. I’m not kind that sleeps and leaves. Well, maybe I am, but for you, I’ll be different.” Shuichi sat down next to him and stared at the boy for a few seconds. “What?”

“I still can’t believe last night happened. It’s like I dreamed it all up.” Tatsuha looked at him blankly before quickly kissing him.

“That doesn’t feel made up, does it?” Shuichi frowned and shook his head.

“Tatsuha, we need to…I don’t know what, but we need to do something…Stop that!” He yelled as the younger boy began to snuggle up against him. “We need to figure out what we’re going to do!”

“Oh come on. It’ll all work out. We’ll just stay here until we find a place and then we move in there. You continue your career, I’ll find a job. Yep, it’s all coming together…” Tatsuha had a satisfied look as he reclined backwards.

“Tatsuha.” Shuichi had a stern look on his face, but really couldn’t argue with any of his points. [Damn it, I’m supposed to be the voice of reason here! After all, I’m older. Why does he have to be the confidant one?] “Well, than I suppose you want to help me get the rest of my stuff from Yuki’s?” He smirked at the younger boy’s look of dread. [I guess he does know fear.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Uh, you really don’t have to take me to Tohma’s.” Stammered Suguru as he got into Yuki’s car.

“I’m not doing it for you. I don’t want to be there when he comes back.” Yuki was driving full-throttle, displaying skills that would be the envy of NASCAR. After a few minutes, Suguru decided to break the tension by starting a conversation.

“So, that book you were writing, what was it about?”

“It’s a romance novel. I’m sure both Tohma and the brat have told you what I do for a living.” Suguru gulped, but refused to be deterred.

“Well, what kind of romance novel?” He saw Yuki give him a glance, then sigh.

“I make it a principal not to tell anyone about my novels until they’re completed.”

“Oh.” It was silent for a few minutes.

“But, it’s in the same vein as my other works.” Suguru nodded, though he was even more confused. [What is that supposed to mean?]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

That morning, the Seguchi home was full of pandemonium. Yuki dropping off Suguru was not a normal occurrence for one thing. But, things became really odd when Mika started ranting about a call she had gotten from Tatsuha. Apparently he had taken residence in one of her apartments and planned on staying there until such time as he and Shuichi were ready to move out.

Needless to say, Mika had demeaned an explanation out of Yuki, who had not been very forthcoming. Suguru had taken this opportunity to flee to the guest room. He shut the door, hoping to silence Mika’s ranting. After a while the shouting had died down and there was a soft rapping on the door. In came Mika, worn out from yelling at her brother.

“So I take it that those three idiots made your life a living hell last night.”

“You have no idea.” Suguru was flopped down on the bed, eyes closed.

“Don‘t worry. Yuki has this way of dragging everyone down.” Suguru opened his eyes and glanced at Mika.

“Do you…” He paused to think of what he was going to say. [Do you think that Tohma likes Yuki? Do you think that Yuki‘s still in love with Shuichi? Do you think Tatsuha and Shuichi belong together?]

“What is it?” Mika looked at him, a little concerned.

“Do you have any of Yuki’s books?”
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Taki, are you going to be alright out there?” Taki turned to look at Ma-kun, who had been giving him worried glances the whole day. The concert was about to start and they had to be in top form.

“Of course I am. I’m perfectly fine. So what if some psychopath held a gun to my head last night and went over every aspect of my personal life? I’m just dandy.” He said the last line sarcastically.

“You know we can’t cancel this concert.”

“I know that.”

“I was just saying-”

“I know, now shut up.”

“Uh, guys let’s just do this.” Ken spoke up, causing Ma-kun and Taki to remember why they were there. [That’s right. I’m here to perform, to blow their minds, to soak up their adoration.] Taki smirked to himself.

“Come on, let’s go rock their pathetic little worlds.” Ken and Ma-kun were a little shocked by Taki’s sudden turn about. Taki Aizawa in his full out, arrogant, stuck-up snob mode was better then angsty, whiney, snarky Taki any day. But, on the down side, there would be no deflating his out of control ego. Following behind their vocalist, they both whispered to themselves the same line.

“I knew there would be days like this.”
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

To Be Continued…

Tatsuha and Shuichi raid Yuki’s apartment, and begin to make their relationship more than just sex. Taki’s still working out how he feels about Ryuichi. Ryuichi begins to think about making amends with Tatsuha. And Suguru deals with the interesting aftermath of his role in things.

Authors notes (Sorry if these are long, it’s just that I need to sort out some things.

1. Yuki and Shu’s break up was sudden, wasn’t it? The way I see it though, neither of them is very calm or rational to begin with. Yuki dumps Shuichi all the time. But, this is the first time he truly has a good reason. And Shuichi’s an emotional pressure cooker, so it fits for him to do something so rash.

2. I know that some people will probably think it was a little too soon for Tats and Shuichi to have sex. But, consider that they have been horny for each other the last week or so. The desires are there. Then there is the fact that Tatsuha has an incredibly high sex drive. This almost makes it a given that it would happen that quickly. Plus, Shuichi just broke up with his boyfriend. This makes him a little more willing to give in.

This is where the real fun of the Tatsuha/Shuichi stuff begins. Their relationship is based on mutual lust. But, it’s going to start developing into something more. They are already friends in a sense, so they do have the potential.

4. As for Suguru, what can I say? I don’t know what his role in things will be. I might put some Yuki/Suguru in. But, it will be very slight. Age wise and personality wise, it’s going to take some work for both of them to get anywhere.