Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pairings: Ryu/Taki and slight Tatsuha/Shuichi.

Summary: Tatsuha and Shuichi packing, Yuki angsting, Nittle Grasper out on the town and ASK celebrating a concert…

[ ] a character's thoughts.

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or its characters
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Inspired
Chapter 18

“Come on, hurry up Tatsuha. While he’s still gone.” Shuichi gestured towards Tatsuha as he unlocked the door and hurried into the house. It had taken until nightfall before they had both mustered enough courage to go on their raid. Plus, they had to convince Shuichi’s mom to lend them the family mini-van.

“Keep your blouse on. I’m coming.” Tatsuha hissed through his teeth as he followed after Shuichi. The truth was that the younger boy was just a little worried. [Sure his car is gone, but that doesn’t mean Yuki isn’t. What if he’s here, waiting for us? To beat the crap out of me or even kill? Wait, maybe he’s planning to kill both me and Shuichi, or all three of us? Maybe in some bizarre, double-murder-suicide?]

“Tatsuha!” Shuichi’s voice snapped him back to reality.

“Oh, sorry.” [That’s right! I have Shuichi and a whole brand-new life before me! A little pain and death is nothing!] “Let’s start packing!” The vocalist shook his head at the younger man’s hyperness, not wanting to know what Tatsuha had been thinking.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Yuki sat slumped down in his car, which was parked in a vacant lot. The day had been nothing but: a.) Getting chewed out by his sister, b.) Getting a call from his editor, who hadn’t been please with him and c.) Burning his car’s precious fuel.

Starting last night though, everything had turned to crap. He had broken up with his lover. An annoying, pink-haired little twerp who thought he could sing. Well, obviously he could…but all those record sales might be due to female hormones instead of actual talent. Regardless, the point was that Eiri Yuki was unexpectedly single again and not necessarily of his own free will.

“It’s not my fault.” He muttered to no one in particular even though he knew the answer was crap. He had known that something was wrong. The last few months it had been as if they were just going through all the motions. They still had fun, but it just didn’t feel right.

At the start of their relationship, as much as he hated to admit it, it had been, well exciting. And he had never thought he could have fun with anyone other than the cheap, trashy sort of entertainment he had with his many girlfriends. Shuichi had been different…as hard as he tried, he just couldn’t reduce the boy down to the same level as those girls. Because of that, he had developed a bond, a bond he hadn’t wanted, or at least he had thought he didn’t.

And now it hurt so much. [My own brother…my own brother and him…why?]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Shuichi looked at the list in his hand and made another check mark. “Okay…that just leaves the photo albums and some clothes. Tatsuha, are you sure you can manage those boxes?” He looked at the younger man who was staggering under several boxes of Cds.

“Sure, sure. This is nothing.” The boy murmured as he wobbled out of the door. Shuichi shrugged with a smile as he searched for all of his clothes. Tatsuha didn’t seem to be too keen on staying in Yuki’s apartment. [Probably afraid Yuki might come home and clobber him.] Shuichi laughed at that thought.

Before all this had happened, Shuichi would never have put the words “fear” and Tatsuha in the same sentence. It was strange, but it made him seem more human. Unlike Yuki, the dark haired boy didn’t seem to feel the need to put up a front and hide his emotions. Not that Yuki’s walls always remained intact. They could fall, but only if you caught him off guard. But, that was just frustrating and unfair. [I know I’m doing the right thing here…I just hope I can get over him soon.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“What do you mean they broke up? Mika…I hardly think that it’s unusual…what do you mean Tatsuha…” Tohma listened to his wife as he leaned against the door to his dressing room. “Oh…well they both must have the same taste in men…” The blonde held the phone away as Mika screamed something at him. “Yes dear, I know, it’s not funny…”

At that moment, there came a knocking sound on the door. “Tohma, come on. Are we going or what?” Noriko’s voice came loud and clear.

“Yeah, hurry up Tohma or they’ll close before we get there! I promised that I‘d get souvenirs for everyone!” Ryuichi’s voice had a more whiney quality to it.

“Mika…I have to go now…bye-bye.” He hung up the phone before Mika could yell at him some more. “Alright guys, I’m coming!” He yelled as he grabbed his coat. [Who would have thought…Shuichi and Tatsuha…]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Suguru could hear the phone slamming downstairs. [I guess Tohma didn’t take the news like he should’ve.] He glanced down at the book he had been reading. He had known that his cousin’s brother-in-law was a famous novelist, but he had never given it any thought before.

Who knew that the man could write something like this? Yuki seemed like the type who would have distained such sentimental romance. The tale of a young woman’s doomed love affair with a military man just didn’t go with the boy’s image of Eiri Yuki.

The prose was beautiful and at times heart wrenching. And god did he feel like a girl for reading it. But, he couldn’t put it down either. [I have to find out what happens when she tells him she’s carrying his child…]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Tatsuha sat in the mini-van waiting for Shuichi who was locking the door. The boy was hurrying out the door, clutching several books to his chest.

“Let’s go.” Shuichi said as he slipped into the passenger seat.

“What are those?”

“Just some photo albums.” There was silence again and as he drove, Tatsuha felt another surge of paranoia. [Does he have photo’s of him and Yuki in there? Photos of them together?]

“Tatsuha! Stop!” Coming to, the younger man slammed the brakes, coming just short of running a red light. And as the cars started driving across the intersection, it was obvious that they had almost been the latest news spot.

“Uh, Tatsuha, maybe I should drive…”

“NO!” Seeing the pink-haired boy’s look, Tatsuha’s tone softened. “What kind of boyfriend would I be if I can’t drive you anywhere?” Shuichi was apparently satisfied with the answer and decided to fiddle with the radio. [Damn, that’s right. You have to be responsible here! You have to prove to him you’re as good as Yuki…no, even better than Yuki!]

“Ah! I love this song!” He had tuned the radio to a…Nittle Grasper song…

[Of all the things for him to play…Ryuichi…I know I can’t have him…but still I…I love Shuichi…but why does my heart ache so much…]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Ryu! Slow the hell down!” Screamed Noriko as she reached out to grab the hyper-active man.

“He, he. Noriko can’t catch Ryuichi! Not when she’s had too much cheese cake!” Noriko screamed at the jab about her weight and chased after Ryuichi with blood lust in her eyes. Tohma merely laughed to himself, secretly amused by the two’s antics.

He was a little worried about Yuki. He knew that even if the other man wouldn’t admit it, the loss of Shuichi would hurt him. And Tatsuha and Shuichi…the keyboardist didn’t see that one coming.

“Hey, let’s check out this store!” Ryuichi shouted as he ran into a small thrift store.

“Ryu! Not fair! That’s cheating!” Yelled Noriko, knowing that she couldn’t chase the vocalist around inside. The last time she had, it had been quite expensive. Tohma hurried in after the two, just to make sure they didn’t play tag.

“Ryu…I thought you were done getting presents for everyone?” Tohma said as he looked glanced around .

“Well, yeah…but I keep thinking I’m forgetting someone…” Tohma and Noriko shrugged and began to explore. [Let’s see I got stuff for my mom, dad, brother and sister, Taki, Shuichi, K, the rest of Bad Luck…who am I forgetting…] And at that moment, he remembered someone he hadn’t thought of in long time. “Tatsuha.”
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

After the concert, it had seemed like Taki’s worries were a thing of the past. He had always been a sucker for flattery, and there was nothing as flattering as the screams of millions of over-sexed teenager girls. He had been feeling fantastic and the show had went off perfectly as well.

He had been on cloud nine. Had been. “Oh, come on…don’t you want to go out with us?” Said a scantily-clad young woman who was clinging to his arm. Two of her friends were clinging to a beaming Ma-kun, and a third one was coming onto a rather shy Ken.

“No…” This was one of the most confusing situations he had ever been in. He had never really thought about rejecting an offer just because he was seeing someone else. Not that he was a total scum or anything, it’s just that he had been with very few people who he felt he couldn’t cheat on.

“But, why not?” She was looking up at him, her red lips pouting. [Not the look…not the look he uses…]

“Yes Tachi, tell us why?” Ma-kun smirked, enjoying the way his friend was twisting in the wind. [Why you little…] The blonde guitarist could be very cruel. Taki jerked his arm free of the woman’s grip.

“Well…” He started slowly, unsure of where to go from there. “It’s just that….there’s someone else.” The whole group of girls looked surprised for a moment, then they all started giggling. Ma-kun was smiling even more and even Ken was trying to stifle a laugh. The girl latched onto him again, as if she hadn’t heard what Taki had said.

“Oh come on. I’m sure she won’t mind if we hang out for awhile.” She winked and Taki knew that wink and those lines very well. [What she really means is that she’s going to seduce me into bed by the end of the evening…] He rolled his eyes, and was about to make a nasty retort, but he felt Ma-kun elbow him in the back.

“Taki, it’s just a few drinks…” And there was yet another wink. [What is he up to?]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“So, who is that for?” Noriko said as she looked at the newest package that Ryuichi had acquired.

“Eh, Tatsuha.” He muttered, not sure why he had gotten the present. [It’s just…too weird…but still he was…]

Noriko was giving Tohma a worried glance. The blonde just shrugged, other things on his mind. [I wonder if I should tell Ryu that Tatsuha and Shuichi possibly dating now? No, better not. He might freak out even more.] Tohma didn’t want to think about having to straighten out Yuki either. Though he wasn’t sure whether that meant convincing the novelist to forget about Shuichi or to try and when the boy back.
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Yuki entered his apartment, feeling hesitant, not that he would ever let anyone know that. Thankfully, it soon became obvious that the two buffoons had been there and were now long gone. It looked a little emptier in there, and maybe a little messy. “Stupid punks, it looks like a damn robbery was committed.” He headed towards the kitchen and fished a bottle of whiskey out of a cupboard.

“It’s much better without the idiot here. Much quieter. And now I don’t have to ever see my stupid, pervert brother again.” He took a swallow from the bottle and closed his eyes, feeling his skin heat already. He sat down in a chair and sighed to himself. “Yeah, who needs them? I’m fine all by myself. I can finally get some work done.” The atmosphere suddenly seemed even more oppressive. “Yeah…I don’t need anyone…”
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

“Tatsuha, let’s just leave it for now. I’m tired.” Shuichi whimpered as he walked into the bedroom. Tatsuha nodded, as he headed towards the fridge.

“Hmm…all that’s in here is take-out from this morning. And for lunch we ate at his mom’s…” He grimaced as he remembered the lunch which had consisted of him being stared at by three Shindou’s who had either been trying to figure out who this new guy was or had thought that Tatsuha was Yuki, but with hair dye, contacts and some medication.

“Damn…I need to get a job. Or else, I’m going to be looking really pathetic compared to Yuki.” As much as Tatsuha liked living off the money of others, he knew that wasn’t going to cut it. “I guess it’s about time I finally take that offer from Mika…” [There goes my care free youth.]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

The music at the bar was crappy and loud. And the company was so annoying. Taki had been stuck listening to this woman yak for an hour. He was getting sleepy and was incredibly pissed. Plus, if he couldn’t get laid, there was really no point in being here.

“I think I’m going guys.” Taki tried to get up only to find that woman clinging to his arm again.

“Just let me get my coat.” She had a seductive quality to her voice that was seriously annoying him. [God, at least try not to act like a slut.]

“I’m going alone. Just go hang onto Ma-kun…” The woman got an angry look on her face and the other women all had surprised looks on their faces. Ma-kun and Ken were just surprised that Taki would suggest a woman go over to Ma-kun.

“What the hell is with you! I’ve been throwing myself at you the whole night and you still won’t go to bed with me?” The woman was screaming at the top of her lungs, drawing unwanted attention. “I’ve got news for you buster: you may be some celebrity, but you ain’t no prize!”

“Listen, you’re obviously drunk, so I’ll let your delusions of grandeur slide.” Taki was trying to keep his tone neutral, but could feel the rage welling within him. [You little bitch…]

Obviously, she wasn’t done with her tirade either. “I mean, the way you’re acting, you’d think you’re queer or something.” The three members of ASK were struck dumb and speechless.

“Uh, ya know, when someone says that, you’re supposed to either laugh or get really angry…” Said another one of the women, which made the situation look even worse. Taki looked from Ma-kun to Ken hoping for some assistance. But, it seemed that Ken was a little too bewildered and Ma-kun had this look saying, “I can’t wait to see how you get out of this one.”

After a few minutes, Taki huffed and crossed his arms. “Just because he happens to be a guy, doesn’t mean I’m queer. He has a few different parts, that’s all. That doesn‘t mean he‘s completely defective.” There was silence once again, than Ma-kun started snickering. Ken soon followed. The women were just dumbstruck. “What?” He glared at the two, wondering what was wrong with them.

“I-I don’t think Ryuichi would appreciate being called defective.” Ma-kun managed between laughs.

“Ryuichi? So the rumors are true?” The girl’s were now muttering to themselves.

“I’m outta here.” Taki stalked out of the bar and kept walking as fast as he could. After about five minutes, he slowed down…thinking about what had been said. [Liking a guy doesn’t make me gay…what the hell am I thinking…I just admitted to a group of complete strangers that I’m, well not straight. I’m such a moron…]
________________________________________________________________________ _____________

To be continued…

Tatsuha’s trying to be the kinda man that can compete with his brother on equal footing. Ryuichi returns and finds himself worrying about a distant Taki and trying to be friends with Tatsuha again. Yuki deals with living alone again and Suguru is praying that his working relationship with Shuichi stays the same.

Relationship wise, I think I’m going to have Suguru and Yuki become friends more than anything else…so don’t worry about anything overt.