Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pairings: Yuki/Suguru, some TohmaxMika, Tatsuha/Ryuichi and Ryu/Taki.

Note: This didn’t turn out like I expected it all. And Yuki/Shuichi fans, I’m sorry. But look on the bright. There’s no lack of fics for that pairing anyways, so why get mad at little ole me? *innocent smile*
________________________________________________________________________

Chapter

“What is it we need to talk about? I thought everything was over between us?” Eiri scoffed at the pink-haired boy, feeling a little offended at the prospect that things between them were going to be drug out. Shuichi shoved past him into the house, dragging the author with and slammed the door shut.

“Are you and Suguru Fujisaki dating?” The blond haired man raised an eyebrow as he stared at Shuichi, just a little surprised that he was being confronted with this. He found himself smirking.

“Why should I tell you? We’re over, remember.” Shuichi grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him down so that they were eye level.

“Because, I don’t like the idea of people thinking I’m a cheating whore when you were being one too.” Eiri shoved him off and then straightened up.

“Cheating whore? What gave you that idea? Did that little brat say anything, because if he did it isn’t true.” He didn’t know why he was being so defensive, but dammit, it wasn’t Eiri who had started this whole thing. It was Tatsuha and that fact aside, the break up had been inevitable in his mind anyways.

Shuichi crossed his arms and looked down, almost guilty. “Nobody told me anything; I just figured it out on my own.” They were silent for a few minutes, before the pink-haired boy spoke up again. “Why did it have to be him? Couldn’t you have picked someone I didn’t have to work with?”

Eiri chuckled, his laugh a combination of amusement and annoyance. “So says the one who ran to my brother.”

“I’m serious!” Shuichi had his fists clenched and was now ready to foam at the mouth, as was typical when he lost his temper. “And besides, he’s your brother-in-law’s cousin and he’s sixteen. That’s much more wrong than what I’m doing!”

Eiri didn’t say anything right away, mainly because in a sense, the novelist knew he was being selfish with Suguru. Finally, he just huffed as he squared his shoulders. “Yeah, okay, maybe it is. What are you going to do about it?” He smirked at the dumbstruck expression on Shuichi’s face. Just as he had suspected, the kid had ran in here half-cocked, no plan in mind.

“Uh, well… Could you stop seeing him? Pretty please?” Shuichi had his hands clasped together and had his most pitiful expression on, his eyes clearly begging.

The novelist assumed a thoughtful pose as if considering it. “Well maybe I could…” He trailed off at the pink-haired boy’s hopeful expression and felt an evil smile creep onto his face. “…Not. Defiantly not.” The reaction was just as he expected, with Shuichi crumbling to the ground.

“You’re so mean… What am I supposed to do at work?” He started sniffling, sounding more pathetic then usual.

“Just act like you always do, idiot. It’s not like that brat even has a clue about what’s going on.” Shuichi looked up at him, wiping his eyes.

“You mean, Suguru really doesn’t know anything? Nothing at all?” Even though he saw Eiri shake his head, Shuichi persisted. “Absolutely nothing? At all? Not a thing? Not even a kiss or a peck on the check?”

Eiri groaned, being reminded of just how annoying Shuichi could be. “Nothing! He has no idea what’s going on! He’s worse than you were when we first met!” Eiri’s shoulders slumped, because he had finally realized just how upsetting Suguru’s behavior was.

Shuichi shot up, fists shaking. “Hey, don’t you dare compare us! I was much more annoying than he could ever be!”

Eiri was ignoring him now and slinking off towards the kitchen, to get a new pack of cigarettes. [Damn, I hate it when I don’t get my way… Stupid Suguru, stupid Shuichi, stupid Tatsuha, stupid Tohma.] He found the pack he was looking for and was about to pop it open, when he felt a taping on his shoulder, courtesy of a now determined looking Shuichi. “You’re still here?”

“What are you going to do about this, Yuki?” The glower from the novelist wasn’t enough to make him back down this time. “I’m not just asking as an angry ex, I’m asking as an ex who still, cares about you, on some level…” He looked down, embarrassed now.

Eiri wanted to slap him for say something so stupid, but resisted. “Well…”
________________________________________________________________________

Suguru walked down the streets of Tokyo, trying to puzzle out his strange sense of disappointment. It seemed that everything Tohma had said about Eiri was true. The novelist had been using him for his own sick little game. It hurt, because well, even though Suguru knew that maybe some of his feelings weren’t so innocent, he had still trusted the man and respected him.

[Why did he do that? Was he punishing me for causing him and Shuichi to break up? And if he’s really like that, why does Tohma like him so much? And why would he say bad things about Yuki-san to begin with, when he’s always said such nice things about him before? Maybe I should speak with Yuki-san, and ask him…]
________________________________________________________________________

“Brat, tell me, what is it you want? If it’s nothing important, then leave.” Yuki glowered at him, hoping to make him shrivel.

“Well, I just want one last favor.” Shuichi blushed, now nervous. “I promise I’ll never, ever bother you for anything ever again.”

[Yeah, right.] Yuki kept this to himself though, and shrugged. “Fine, what is it?” Shuichi mumbled something, looking down once again. “What?” Shuichi slid a hand onto Yuki’s cheek and stood up on his toes. He then pressed his lips to the taller man’s, in a warm, soft, yet brief kiss.

“A good-bye kiss.” He smiled gently, now looking very relieved. “Well, I’ll be leaving, now that I said good luck. Bye Yuki.” And once again, Shuichi had suddenly left, the door slamming behind him carelessly.

Yuki groaned to himself, his shoulders slumping. “Why does he always have to be so roundabout?”
________________________________________________________________________

“So, what?” Mika sneered as she looked at Tohma. They had been in the den for hours, discussing Tohma‘s recent ‘issues.’ It was a long and painful process, made even harder by how much Mika wanted to smack her husband. “He’s a minor. So is Tatsuha, and you never felt any need to protect him.”

“But, Mika…” He couldn’t stop himself from sounding whiney, but then again, even he could lose his self control after being left in Mika’s clutches for so long. “It’s just not right. Or fair. Eiri is supposed to come to us for help, not my cousin…”

“Do you even realize how you sound?” Mika sighed, as she rested her chin on her hands. “You sound like a small, jealous little child.” [Though, I will admit it is better then when you sound like jilted lover.]

“How can you not be worried over Eiri or Suguru? They aren’t a good combination.”

She smiled softly at that, mischief sparkling in her eyes. “Well, they aren’t a bad match either. Certainly not as bad as, I don’t know, you and him together.”

Tohma blushed, scandalized. “Mika! For the last time, I don’t love him. I mean, I may have mistaken him for you that one time… But, the lighting was very poor…”

Mika rolled her eyes. “Don’t remind me about that.” They were silent for a moment, Mika fuming, Tohma worrying. “Listen, Tohma… Eiri doesn’t do this these things because he hates you. He just happened to fall for Shuichi, which I may add, regardless of what happened, had been good for him. And now, he’s showing an interest in your cousin, and regardless of what he says, I know it’s not as a cheap fuck. Eiri’s not that low and you know that.”

“Yes, Mika.” He had his head lowered, knowing that everything she was saying was perfectly logical. “But, what if this doesn’t work out? And what about Suguru?”

“Suguru’s a big boy, regardless of how he looks. He can handle himself.” Tohma nodded once again. Mika chose that moment to walk over to him and sat down next to him on the couch. “Tohma, look at me.” She turned his head so that he was looking into her eyes. “Promise me you’ll leave them be. Please?”

“Mika…” He sighed to himself and nodded. “Alright, but I still don’t like it.” She stood up and headed away, no doubt to take a nap.

“No one said you had to like it. Just accept it.”
________________________________________________________________________

Tatsuha was glomp attacked the moment he came home, by a very hyper active Shuichi. “Did something good happen today?” He grimaced as he sat up, the pink-haired boy still in his lap.

“Tatsuha.” Shuichi was grinning from ear to ear. “Guess what? You don’t have to be jealous anymore.”

“What are you talking about? I was never jealous of anyone.” Okay, Tatsuha knew it was a blatant lie, but he still had some pride. He tried to get up, only to have Shuichi clinging to his neck now.

“I talked everything over with Yuki, and I’m now one hundred percent hunky dory!” Tatsuha’s body tensed in surprise.

“You talked to Eiri? When?” Shuichi let go, sliding down to the floor.

“Today. Tatsuha?” The dark-haired teen had a gone look in his eye. “Uh, Tatsuha, we didn’t do anything. It’s really over…” Shuichi decided that it was best to leave out the little kiss.

“You and my brother… Alone in a room… Together.” Tatsuha was unfortunately gone at this point and slowly got up and started walking to the living room like a zombie. Shuichi watched him leave, worried. [Oh no. I broke him.]
________________________________________________________________________

Yuki had spent the hour after Shuichi had left, slumped in a chair, going over certain things. Such as what he should do to get back in Suguru’s good graces. In the process, he had come to several conclusions. He couldn’t go around treating romance and sex like a game, at least not like the same game it had been before. It was insulting, especially to someone so young, and apparently with more self-esteem and will power than most of his past lovers.

[Well, the obvious thing is to talk to him. But I can’t make it look like I’m begging. I don’t beg. I’ll just apologize and say I was feeling lonely and that it won’t happen again. I’m sure he will buy that. He has to.]

With that Yuki had picked up his cell phone, which still had Suguru’s number from when the boy had ratted out Tatsuha and Shuichi and began to dial. As he waited for it to ring, he found himself praying that Suguru wouldn’t hang up. [Damn I can’t believe I’m so pathetic that I need approval from some kid.]
________________________________________________________________________

Suguru had found himself sitting alone in the park when his cell rang. He looked at the caller id and gulped when he recognized Eiri’s number. He put it to his ear hesitantly. “Hello, Yuki-san… What, about this morning? You’re sorry?” Suguru sighed to himself, wanting to say something snarkey, but thinking better of it. “You want to meet where? Okay, I’ll be there.” He sighed as he shut off the phone.

[I hope I don’t regret this.]
________________________________________________________________________

“Tatsuha, you’re not mad, are you?” Shuichi asked as they sat down to a quiet, badly burnt dinner. Shuichi had figured that if he cooked, Tatsuha would be in a better mood. Unfortunately, his bad luck in the kitchen had translated into a soup that was black, with weird twiggy things sticking out of it.

“No… At least not anymore.” Tatsuha pulled a face at the muck in his dish, its scent wafting up, a combination of maple syrup and char. “I mean, you came back, so I’m just going to assume that everything is okay. It is, right?”

Shuichi nodded, somberly. “Yeah, I think seeing him one last time and saying goodbye properly helped a lot. Before that, I kept wondering if it would be like all the other times. If everything would just go back to normal in a few days like they usually do. But now, it’s final.” Shuichi filled his spoon with some soup and held it up to his face, sniffing it. He shoved it into his mouth and swallowed, making a face.

Tatsuha tasted his and grimaced. “Maybe it’ll taste better if it cools down a little bit?” He shoved the bowl away, not intending to have anymore. “So, Eiri has a thing for that little twerp? Go figure.” Tatsuha chuckled, munching on some crackers, hoping to get the foul taste out of his mouth.

Shuichi frowned, forcing himself to have yet another spoonful of soup. “Yeah, does he always date kids that young?”

Tatsuha shook his head as he continued munching. “No. Besides you, he was only interested in women his age or older. He always said they were more experienced and bought him better gifts.”

Shuichi grimaced, not necessarily from the soup. “Yeah, sounds like him.” He sighed, slouching back in his chair, finally giving up on his concoction. “Say, Tatsuha, since you have so much experience acting like this kind of stuff happens all the time, can tell me how to act around Suguru?”

Tatsuha raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean by me having experience?”

“With weird, perverse and unusual relationships. I mean, I’m sure you’ve had to be around someone whose girlfriend you’ve slept with before or something similar. You know, that kind of stuff.”

“Well, you don’t have to make it sound like I’m that big a whore.” Tatsuha mock pouted, then grinned. “Alright, here’s what you need to do…”
________________________________________________________________________

By the time Suguru made it to the restaurant, Yuki was already there, waiting. Suguru sat down across from the blond man, nervously saying hello. They sat there in silence for a few minutes, before Yuki finally spoke up. “I took the liberty of ordering for you. It’s just some coffee and cake. If you don’t like it, too bad.”

Suguru felt himself bristle for a second. “It’s fine. I don’t mind at all. It’s your money.”

Yuki scowled at him. “Listen kid, about what happened this morning…”

“No need to mention it. You’re a man with ‘urges,’ so it’s not like I should be surprised.” Suguru crossed his arms and looked away. Yuki wanted nothing more then to slap himself and Suguru as well.

“I didn’t mean anything by it, alright. I know Tohma probably told you certain things about me and well, while most of it’s true, there are certain things that aren’t true.” Suguru glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, still trying to maintain the mask of cool.

Yuki sighed, not wanting to lower himself like this, but knowing that in this case, it was different. Suguru wasn’t like the women Yuki used for sex, but he wasn’t like Shuichi either, not as strong or as aggravating. In fact, Yuki still didn’t know what was so fascinating about the green-haired boy in front of him. The author just knew that he didn’t mind having him around and the thought of possibly driving him away, was sickening.

“I’m not trying to get sex from you, although, I certainly wouldn’t mind it.” He smirked, seeing the flush on Suguru’s face. “Yesterday, I was just fooling around and it went too far.”

“Obviously.” Muttered Suguru, though he didn’t sound as angry, and there was a spark of curiosity in his eyes.

Yuki groaned, annoyed. “The point is, I’m sorry. I acted like a dog and that is unforgivable.” The trick with getting the forgiveness of others, was in Yuki’s experience, to be charming, humble and excessively polite. Plus, a few lies helped to sweeten the deal.

“Uh, that’s okay. I mean, I should have expected that since… Well, I don’t know…” Suguru was now facing him, or he would have been if he’d stop looking down. “I mean, why are you apologizing? I know that it’s not in your nature to do that or, at least you aren’t direct about being sorry.”

Yuki sighed, slumping in his chair. “I suppose Tohma and Mika talk about me that much, huh?” Seeing Suguru nod, he groaned. “I don’t know why I’m apologizing, okay? I just felt like I should. Besides, you are kind of interesting, in a way…” Yuki smirked at Suguru’s confusion. Before Suguru could ask what Yuki meant though, the waitress finally arrived with their cake and coffee and it was made quite clear that the author didn’t want to talk anymore.
________________________________________________________________________

To Be Continued…

The next chapter’s possibly going to be the last for this story, just so you know. Maybe one more chapter and an epilogue thingy. I might do a sequel for this fic in the future or at least some short stories related to it. I’m not sure yet.

And I’m really sorry about not having Ryu and Taki this chapter. Sorry!!! Next chapter, I promise! Damn… Talk about getting side tracked.

And note that this was mostly Yuki/Suguru. Really subtle relationship their. Just so you know, I don’t see them kissing each other, let alone sleeping together for a very, very long time. Suguru is really inexperienced, and Yuki’s willing to respect that in this case, because he knows that if things went wrong, it would hurt Suguru really badly. Plus, it’s a lot of fun to tease the innocent virgin. *grin*