Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Love Fool ❯ The date ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 3
 
I awoke to the sounds of loud, screeching beeps early next morning. I ignored the annoying sound and tried to hold on to the dream that was quickly slipping through my fingers. The beeping was incessant. Grumpily, I cracked open one eye and looked at the digital clock at my bedside table.
 
I groaned. For pete's sakes!! It's only eight am!! Fully awake now and a bit angry, I smashed the button of the alarm clock forcefully. Great. Just when I'm having the dream of my life the stupid alarm decides to interrupt it. I sat up and rubbed at my eyes vigorously. What was that dream anyway?
 
I stared into space trying to recall my dream. Well, I knew it included a certain blond haired guy and that I was having a hell of a time with him, but that's about all I could remember. I can't even recall his face; just the fact that he was blond haired and that he was a certified hottie. I shrugged when I got too tired thinking. Early morning deep thinking just gives me the hives.
 
Anyway, back to the alarm clock. Why is the stupid alarm set up at eight am? I don't recall setting it up yester-night. I remembered plopping right down to bed and snoring away as soon as my back hit the covers. There's no way I could've thought about setting any alarm clocks. I continued to ponder lightly when I noticed a note taped on the bedside table fluttering lightly with the wind.
 
`Shuichi ~
Your off is cancelled for today. We have an emergency meeting at 9 am. Meet us at Lola's Café. Don't be late... or else.
~K'
 
I groaned. Damn K-san to hell!! I still have a hang over and he expects me to be decent at 9 am?! Where is justice when you need it?! I threw the covers off me and hurried to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I don't think that our manager would appreciate it if I showed up smelling like smoke and booze.
 
Now that we're on the subject… How the heck did K-san get inside my house?! Setting up my alarm clock and leaving me a note in the process nonetheless!!! My eyes narrowed to slits at the suspicion. I swear on Hiro's favorite guitar that I locked the door before I left and after I got home. So there's just no way that K-san had accidentally stumbled inside. I frowned to myself as I shrugged. He must've picked a lock then.
 
I smirked to myself. I wouldn't put it past K-san if you ask me. I knew that he was a conniving little manager. He gets what he wants no matter what the method. He favors scaring the shit out of the recipient with his big guns and impressive explosives but then if that doesn't work there's the good ole blackmailing. And speaking of which, if I did get late I knew that I would get in K-san's bad side. And if you know K-san like I do, being in his bad side is like burning in the depths of hell while the big red guy keeps poking you with his fork on the side.
 
Finishing quickly on my shower, I dressed in my usual street clothes. They're comfy and they're like my running attire when I'm getting late… Like now!! Gosh, I didn't know it took me that long to take a shower!! Now I only have ten minutes to get to Lola's!!
 
Getting there in time was a big feat. The pedestrian crossings that I had to pass on the way to Lola's were all red so I had to use the overpass to cross the street. Then there's the matter of morning rush. Business people and those getting to work were filling the streets making it difficult for me to maneuver my way. I had to push some people around to make some space for me to move on, but mind you I apologized to the lot that I bullied out of the way!!
 
I skidded to a stop outside Lola's. Composing myself as I stood to my full height, I peered inside the glass door of the café still panting slightly. I sighed in relief as I saw K-san smile when he noticed me poking my head outside the door. I smiled as well as I opened the sliding glass door and heard the twinkling of the wind chimes as it signaled my entrance. K-san tapped his watch and grinned.
 
“I see that we're on time for once.” He said as he motioned for me to sit down opposite him. I stuck my tongue out at him playfully.
 
“Ha!! I'm never late!!” I said as I slapped my hand on the table in emphasis. K-san ohohoed away in amusement. Of course, this was the only moment that I arrived exactly on time, every other time I was late. Immaculately. Fujisaki-kun had broken into hissy fits every time too. Hmm… Where is he anyway? I ask myself as I noticed that Fujisaki-kun and Hiro were not around.
 
“Where are Fujisaki-kun and Hiro?” I asked K-san as I flagged the waiter down. Have I told you that Lola's had the best hot chocolate in town? Not to mention that their heaping plates of pancakes was simply heavenly. I ordered the aforementioned favorites and turned to K-san. I was surprised at the calm but extremely calculating look he was giving me.
 
“K-san? Where's Fujisaki-kun and Hiro?” I asked him yet again, my voice shaking slightly in apprehension this time. I really don't like the look in K-san's face. It looks as if he's got something nasty for me to do…
 
“I don't need them in this meeting. It concerns only you.” K-san said simply as he sipped his own cup of strong, black coffee. I gulped nervously as the waiter handed me my own plate of pancakes and cup of hot chocolate.
 
“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked him in puzzlement. K-san had just done what no other men had. He just ruined my appetite for me. And it's no small feat too. I'm facing my absolute favorite food at my absolute favorite café and I don't feel like eating. Great.
 
Instead of answering my question, K-san motioned for me to eat on ahead. I nodded obediently while pondering to myself what the heck was going on in his head. I shoved big mouthfuls of pancakes on my mouth - which strangely tastes like saw dust for me - eating as fast as I could. I just want to get this over with. But K-san wouldn't talk unless I finished eating first.
 
Oh, have I told you? K-san's a major pain in the behind when it comes to looking over after our health. He doesn't want us to skip meals, doesn't want us to go out without an umbrella if it's raining outside and so on and so forth. He's a big mother hen if he wants to be one. I finished eating my meal, wiped my mouth clean and looked at our manager curiously. He sighed then looked at me dead in the eye.
 
“How much are you willing to give up for the progress of Bad Luck?” K-san asked me. Huh? Where the hell did that question come from?!
 
“What are you talking about, K-san? I don't understand…”
 
“Shuichi, what I'm trying to say is… Would you do anything for the sake of the band?” He asked me yet again, this time rephrasing his question.
 
“Of course!!” I answered immediately. Well, there isn't any other answer to that question if you ask me. We worked hard to establish that band. We worked even harder just trying to get Bad Luck on the map of J-rock. Now that we had our start, our spotlight, I'd do whatever it takes to keep it at that and to progress more.
 
“Really?”
 
“Really.”
 
“Really, really?”
 
“Really, really.”
 
“Really…”
 
“Yes!! What's the matter with you K-san?!” I cut him short. What's with all the really's anyway? I just told him that I'd do anything right? I asked myself indignantly. He sighed.
 
“Shuichi, I have to tell you something.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Do you know Seguchi Tohma?”
 
“Duh. Keyboardist of Nittle Grasper and president of NG Corps!! The president of our record label!! The one and only Seguchi Tohma who signed us a deal!!”
 
“It's good to know that you're updated Shuichi-kun!!”
 
“Hmmp.”
 
“Well, anyway. Seguchi-san has taken an interest on the upcoming band ASK. And if we don't get a move on we might be left to rot within the walls of NG Corps.”
 
“What?!! Who's this ASK?!” I asked K-san suddenly outraged at the idea of us being replaced on top of the importance level on Seguchi Tohma's record label.
 
“It doesn't matter now. But I have a proposition coming from his wife.”
 
“Wife?! Tohma Seguchi has a wife?!” I screeched. Why didn't I know that?! And I consider myself to be Nittle Grasper's number one fan!! I should know everything about them!!
 
“Yes, he has a wife. Ceremonies were kept in the wraps since his wife's family is very conservative.” He sipped at his newly ordered black coffee before continuing.
 
“Anyway, his wife told me that she'd get Bad Luck on Seguchi's good side if we agreed on her deal. In short, she'd help us in anyway she can just a long as we do our end of the deal.”
 
“Really? But what's the condition?” I asked K-san.
 
“Well, she wants you to date his brother.”
 
“What?!!”
 
“She wants you to date her brother.” K-san said with a smirk.
 
“I heard that! But what kind of deal is that?”
 
“Shuichi-kun… She only asked for a blind date nothing more…”
 
“Duh. Do you think she'll be happy with just that?”
 
“But it'll be good for the band.”
 
“Hmmp. What kind of loser is her brother anyway?! He can't even get a date on his own.”
 
“Well, I don't know… I haven't met her brother yet.”
 
“I mean, hello!!! The low life scum had to get his sister to do the negotiations for him!! What the hell is that?!” I grumbled as I continued sulking. I didn't even hear that K-san's answering to all my mutterings.
 
“Shuichi-kun!!” I snapped to attention at his irritated tone. I pouted at him.
 
“What?!”
 
“You're so loud.”
 
“And you're so lame.”
 
“Whatever. So what do you say Shuichi? A date in exchange for Bad Luck's backup or nada?” I looked over at him darkly.
 
“Fine. But just one date.” I said after awhile of pondering and a little bit of sulking. It's all for the sake of the band. I said to myself as not to regret my decision. K-san stood up and went over to my side of the table to just clap my back.
 
“Good!! That's my boy. No I'll go on ahead and you wait for Mika's charming brother here… He'll be arriving at…” He glanced at his watch.
 
“10:30.” I looked at him in interest at the statement.
 
“Charming? I thought you said you never met this guy?”
 
“Well, Mika-san was charming and since they're siblings and all… I just assumed.” K-san shrugged his shoulders. He walked towards the sliding glass doors and just as he was about to step into the sun he turned to me and did the `v' sign with his fingers.
 
“Don't forget Shuichi-kun!! It's for Bad Luck's backup!! Oh and Mika-san said that he'll be wearing something blue so look out for him.” And with that he vanished out of my sight. I flagged the same waiter from before.
 
“Hot chocolate please.” I said as I dropped my head to my hands and groaned. Oooh, I just hope that he really is charming or else… I might walk out on him and eventually put Bad Luck in the gutter. I shivered. I really must stop thinking these depressing thoughts and concentrate on how to handle this blind date.
 
As the waiter served me my second cup of hot chocolate the chimes signaled the entrance of a customer once more. Glancing at the clock at the cashier's side of the room, I noticed that it was already 10:30. Great, this customer might as well be my date. I said to myself as I turned my head to see the new comer.
 
I curiously watched the man as he looked around the café as if looking out for someone. I raised my eyebrow. He's definitely a looker. Blond hair, golden eyes, well tuned body. Wow. Is that him? I ask myself as I admired the guy from my table.
 
I glanced at his clothes. Hmmm… He's wearing a blue polo untucked from his black corduroy pants. It must be him. I told myself but didn't do anything anyway. One could never tell. What if he just happened to wear blue?
 
The stranger looked at my table and turned his head sideways as if scrutinizing me completely. Then with a smirk that really annoyed me - how could anyone smirk that arrogantly?! - He sauntered towards my table slowly. He stopped directly in front of me. Such a looker with such a disappointing attitude… There goes the plus points. I said to myself in disappointment.
 
“Hey.” He said in greeting. I looked up at him and tried to smile. I mean, how can you smile warmly when the one who greeted you looks like he didn't even mean that one single word?
 
“Hey.' I said evenly. The guy just continued to stare at me. I blinked a couple of times. WHAT?! Do I have something hanging out of my nose or what?! I asked myself as I felt my temper rise up slowly but surely.
 
What is it with this man?! Is he expecting me to start the conversation going or something? Even though I just met the guy, I decided that he will not be in my favorite people list. There's just something about his aura that exudes extreme arrogance, it's as if he wants the people around him to bow at his feet if he passed them by. Well okay, I'm being a little to exaggerated here… Maybe it's because he's the personified trait of self-confidence that I desperately wanted to have. And that I might be - might be - envious of that.
 
And his indifference? It might look cool to someone but to me… Nah. I like someone nice and warm. Someone I could talk to and he'd listen to me and make me feel like the most special person in the world. I think this guy just won't give it to me. Wait!! What am I thinking? Thinking too far ahead!! This is just one date!! Just one!! I said to myself as I shook my head to clear the thoughts away. I smiled tightly as I looked up at my date again to find him staring again.
 
“Have a seat.” I said as politely as I could as I shrugged his previous staring. He sat down at K-san's chair earlier.
 
“Are you Mika-san's brother?” I asked him when he still didn't talk.
 
“Yeah.” I sweat dropped. Wow. Is there some kind of word restriction per person or something that I didn't know about?
 
“Oh. I'm Shindou Shuichi by the way.” I said as I took a sip at my now cold chocolate drink.
 
“I know.” He simply said. I looked at him and tried to will him to say more. Now such luck.
 
“And what's you're name?”
 
“Yuki Eiri.” I groaned inwardly. This will be a long, long, long and boring date.
 
t.b.c