Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Not a Seduction ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I am not trying to seduce you.”
 
“Sure, Tohma. Whatever you say.”
 
“Would you like me to seduce you?” He was cool and calm, just leaning into the doorframe. One moment he was still, arms folded- relaxed. Then he was all motion.
 
“What?”
 
“Is that what you're trying to tell me?” Never dare a desperate man.
 
“You'd better leave. I meant what I said about going to bed. I am tired- this is not an invitation. Go home.” Eiri loved to act like Tohma never taught him how to behave. “Right now.”
 
He let his fingertips slip over the threadbare, used-to-be velvet chair, and the dusty edge of Eiri's dresser with the residual funk of a thousand cigarettes.
 
“You'd better be gone.” Eiri said into a pillowcase. “I'd better be talking to an empty room.” He opened one eye, just in time to catch Tohma leaving. “Go home,” he said. The door clicked after he spoke like an exclamation point.
 
It made no noise when Tohma turned it again. Slowly, so slowly, he went down on his hands and knees. Then he crawled. He took his time, twisted his back like a cat. The room held her breath until he reached the bed. A breeze billowed the curtain at his back when he sat up and looked down at Eiri.
 
He looked so young when he was asleep. Eiri. Beautiful Eiri. The dreamer was dreaming. Dust sparkled like wishes and the sun at his back was so warm. He wanted to watch Eiri dreaming, forever.
 
“I thought I told you to get out.”
 
Tohma sighed. “The things you force me to do…” His tie slid off his collar. Eiri hissed and spat, but Tohma was used to that. “Hold still, Eiri-boy.” He was careful not to wind the tie too tight. “You always did protest too much.”