Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Of Heaven or Hell ❯ 02: Raindrops for My Comfort ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



A/N: AH! What has she done!? o_O Okay, my editor, Atashi-san, deleted the stuff I wrote for "Of Heaven or Hell". The original anyways. *cries* Now I have to re-write it all! Damn her. *grumble* Hate it when people do this to me. Anyways, hope you guys like my fic ^^. Give me reviews!

Disclaimer: I don't own Gravi okay! So stop bugging me about it! -_-;



Of Heaven or Hell


02: Raindrops for My Comfort


Alone. It will always be that way it seemed. No matter what, he was always alone.

Eiri sat blindly on the leather sofa, where Shuichi once slept. His eyes cast themselves onto the floor. The living room was dark. Everywhere was darkness. But it didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered now. Eiri had lost his shining Light, and crawled back into the depth of Darkness. And so, he sat on the black leather sofa. All alone.

It didn't matter to him if he died here. Personally, he didn't care about living at all anymore. Self-guilt and hatred ate him slowly. Bit by bit. Raindrops tapped lightly on the window. The soft sound was comforting. Relaxing almost even. But still.....it felt empty. He felt hallow. So cold and dead. So alone.

"Well isn't this pathetic," came a voice. Taunting and annoying. It broke the cold silence, though it was not at all comforting.

Eiri groaned at the hear of the voice. He was afraid that his self-conscious would come into play sooner or later. Then he would have to sit and listen to that annoying and taunting voice, mocking his mistake, his stupidity, and how he let his Light slip away.

"Hello?" called the voice once more. "What do I have to do to get some attention around here?"

Irruptedly, by sudden revelation, Eiri realized that the voice was not in his head, but from elsewhere. He tiredly turned his head and looked around, his golden eye mistily taking in what little light the room held.

Staring back at him, next to his kitchen, stood a girl. She was not older than 15 years of age, with dark ebony hair and stormy gray eyes. Her hair was tied into a loose ponytail and she was wearing a women's black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. The girl wore a taunting and pitied smirk.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to notice me. Took you long enough," she ridiculed.

Eiri immediately felt angry and spiteful. He threw a deathly glare at the teenage girl. "What the hell do you think you're doing here?" he questioned harshly.

The girl put up her hands in defense. "Hey, look here," she answered simply. "I'm not the one with a emotional problem here. Or am I the one that just threw away their dear love like some piece of trash."

Eiri flinched at her last sentence. Guilt crept into him once more, and his anger began to die down. His eyes no longer held its fire, but were filled with saddened ashes. A silent questioned played in his head. If she's referring to Shuichi, he thought, Then how did she know about the....?

"Who are you?" Eiri asked numbly and weakly like a defeated soldier in the battlefield. The girl smiled brightly at his proposed politeness, though she did not truly notice his attitude at all.

"Makoto Akagi," she replied, giving a little bow. "You're probably stressed right now, and this is probably one of the worst possible times I could have visited you, but it had to be done Eiri."

Eiri studied the girl in front of him. How the hell did she get into my apartment? he thought, And why does her name ring a bell some how?

"What?--How did you get in here?" Eiri questioned incredulously, getting up slowly from his seat and facing the stormy eyed girl in front of him.

"Well," she answered uncomfortably, her hand twisting a strand of her ebony hair. "It isn't very hard to get to a lot of places when you're dead, ya know." Makoto shifted her eyes toward the ceiling, her face in a patient wait.

Eiri eyes grew wide with shock and surprise as he suddenly remembered where he had heard her name. Makoto Akagi was a sophomore student who was the victim in a fatal car accident in the Jinza district[1] last year. He had heard about it in the news that she did not survive the accident, and he was now shocked to be facing her ghost.

Silence dominated the room, except for the light sound of raindrops tapping on the window. Makoto sighed, her eyes looking up at the ceiling. "You don't have to act so shocked," she whispered.

Eiri put a shaking hand on his forehead and slouched into the kitchen. Makoto turned and followed him. Eiri opened the tap, holding a glass under it and gather up the water. He took a gulp of the cool clear liquid.

"I must be hallucinating," he muttered shockingly to himself. "I can't possibly have a ghost in my house. That is just ridicules." Eiri rubbed his temple as he sat down on a chair. "I must be going insane," he mumbled.

"I can assure you that you're not going insane," stated Makoto, glad that Eiri had broken the irritating silence. "And I am certainly not a figment of your imagination."

Eiri turned to the teen. "Then what are you?" he asked. He was tiered and weak, and Eiri certainly didn't want to deal with the problems of a ghost, when he couldn't even solve his own personal crisis.

Makoto chuckled dully, then sighed. "I'm a Helper," she replied softly, "A spirit that's been sent here to help you." She smiled sympathetically.

The blonde novelist looked skeptically at the girl. "Are you some kind of Angel sent by Him?" he cocked his head toward the ceiling.

Makoto twisted a strand of her hair. "I guess you could call me that," she answered. "But that sounds so hypothetical. I would much more prefer it if people referred to me as a Helper." She pulled out a chair and sat down. "It makes me more comfortable. After all, I'm one of the young ones."

"What do you mean by young ones?" Eiri asked lightly. Makoto just smiled lightly as she placed her hands on the table. "Someone that died young," she answered. "But we're not talking about me. I'm here to help you, not to play 20 questions."

Eiri laughed sadly as he played with his glass. "No one can help me now," he said quietly.

The ebony haired girl sighed heavily. "Oh stop feeling sorry for yourself you incoherent bastard!" she cried. Eiri looked up at her. "Don't act so pathetic Eiri Uesugi. For the love of God, you are the most depressing and negative person I have ever met."

At first, Eiri was a little shocked to hear an out burst from the so-called Angel, but he recovered. "What do you expect me to do huh?" he asked. "Whoever you work for has probably told you whats happened to me in my past. So what do you want from me?"

The teen looked a little unsure for a moment. Then a smile came over her face. "Let's go out," she suggested. "You need some air, and being cooped up in this apartment won't do you any good. So let's go somewhere."

The golden-eyed man thought about this for a moment. It had been several days since he left his home. He hadn't really moved that much since Shuichi left, so maybe this will be good for him. But, maybe, he'll be back.....

"I don't know," Eiri answered shaking his head. Makoto stood up, grabbed Eiri by the arm and pulled him up from his chair and pulled him to the door. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked. Makoto stopped as she reached the door. "You are going to go out," she commanded. "And I am not giving you a choice. So lets go."

The walked up to the door and opened it. She turned around waving for him to follow her. "Come on," she said. All Eiri could do was shake his head as he pulled on his jacket and follow the teen out the door.

But maybe, hopefully, she will be able to help him. How was what he wanted to know.



TBC......



^^ WAI! Isn't Makoto cool? She's one of the best characters I've ever created. Yay! Anywhoo, how'd you like the second chapter? Was it good? Bad? OOC? Please give me a review. *cries* I need reviews!

I know the whole Angel thing with Makoto is a little weird. But I actually have a purpose to this, and you'll see why later on. This fic is probably gonna have just around 4 to 5 chapters. The next chappie will be an important one I'll tell you that, so stay tuned! ^^; Oh, and on another note, when this is finished, please don't kill me. *cries* Have mercy on my soul! And please don't hate me!

[1] A couple years ago, when I was visiting Japan on a trip, I heard on the news that a teen girl had died in the Jinza district in Tokyo, due to a fatal car accident. This is true! Makoto er....the person exists anyways. *bows and prays*

Caio mi amigos! *hugs Kumagoro and waves*