Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ One of Life's Mysteries ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: One of Life's MysteriesAuthor: Malfoy (Milk and Apples) Archive: http://absoluteyaoi.cjb.net , fanfiction.net ; If you want it lemme know. Rating: PG Pairings: Tohma + Mika, Ryuichi + Tohma, Mr. K + Ryuichi Warnings: Shonen-ai Notes: A really short fic!!! Written at 1 in the morning as a spur of the moment thing during a really bad writer's block. (I think you can tell I was having a writer's block here. Gomen!) ^_^ One of Life's Mysteries

I light another cigarette hoping to dull any feeling of loss or regret. I shouldn't have these feelings because it wasn't me. It wasn't me whom he loved. It was her.

He loved her with his heart, his mind and his lips. His lips would dance across her skin when no one was around. His hands would caress her body in the most intimate places. Even from a strong distance I could see her smile and hear her noises of pleasure.

He would run his fingers through her long, dark locks and kiss her red, lucious lips. I would touch my fingers to my lips when I watched them as if magically they would turn into his lips. Either that, or his tongue would dance its way into my mouth.

Late at night, I would dream of him touching me the way he does to her. I could only imagine what he does to her when they're truly alone.

I sit on my bed, cigarette in hand. I don't know why I picked up this dirty habit. I guess it came with the territory of losing the one I loved.

Well, I guess losing him is the wrong word since I never really had him in the first place. Also, it was me who left him. It was me who had to get away if only for a little while.

"Won't you sleep tonight?" A gentle hand caresses my shoulder. A faint kiss awakens the nerves on my neck.

I nod, "Soon. You go to sleep. I'll be back," I get up from the bed then turn around to kiss the one I could love, goodnight. My lover is Mr. K. Mr. K is my manager.

He falls into the blankets. His head rests on his pillow. Slowly his eyes flutter closed as he murmurs a soft, "Good night."

I leave the apartment and head out of the building. Tonight is the perfect night for a walk to clear my mind. To clear my mind of anything and everything.

****

We leave for Tokyo, today," K informs me as I rise out of slumber.

"Really? Why?"

"Tohma wants us to go hear a new band called uh... Bad Luck," K grins as he takes out two suitcases. "I have a feeling we'll be there for a while."

Did he just say Tohma? My Tohma? Err, well, the Tohma that I want to be mine?

I immediately jump out of bed and begin packing things. In no time, we've got everything ready and head out the door to go to the airport.

I've never been too fond of planes so I'm happy Tohma reserved seats in the middle section so that I don't have to look out the window. With seatbelts fastened and everything in place, the plane heads off to Tokyo.

****

We stare at each other. K stands behind me, hand on my shoulder. Tohma gives his thanks to K for getting me here safely. Happy to see Tohma, I can't help but hug him in delight. K chuckles then tells me he's going off to get our suitcases, leaving Tohma and me alone.

"It's good to see you, Tohma," I pad forward. My eyes drop then look up to meet his, through the sunglasses I'm wearing, "Still no chance, is there?"

Tohma embraces me. He lifts my chin and places a gentle kiss on my lips. He pulls back and giggles.

"Mika-san is the one I love, for now and possibly forever. But," he lets out a sigh and a smirk, " if things ever change, you'll be the first to know."

He turns away from me and we start walking out when K returns. We enter Tohma's car then head off to his office.

****

Later that night before the concert, I sat on the hotel bed. K stood before me looking at himself in the mirror. He looks over to me in the mirror.

"Why the sulking eyes, Ryuichi?" He sits beside me on the bed then kisses my lips like a lover should. When he pulls away he looks deep into my eyes.

"Why is it we always want what we can't have?"

~OWARI