Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Eiri's already seems upset over Yuki's death, I don't think we should tell him about the murder theory.” Shuichi said.
 
“Agreed, the police have already ruled it accidental. If Eiri has come all this way just to find Yuki, then he'd probably spend the rest of his life searching for a mystery man who may or may not have caused his death. Personally I believe that it was suicide.”
 
Shuichi was shocked, “Why do you think that?”
 
“I talked to him a few months ago. He learned of Sora's death and came to her funeral. We went to a coffee shop and he wasn't doing well at all. He told me he'd learned of Eiri's career and marriage but could tell just by pictures how unhappy he really was.”
 
“Wait, he's married?!”
 
Yoshiki stared at Shuichi. “Just exactly how long have you known him?”
 
Shu blushed, “Um just a few days.”
 
“A few days and you came all this way without ever learning anything about him.”
 
“Yeah, I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it! There was just something about Eiri that told me to trust him and go for it! And he'd not all that talkative about himself.”
 
“I see, must be love then.”
 
“W-What?!”
 
Yoshiki smiled, “Face it kid, you're in love with him. You practically traveled halfway around the world just to help him locate his tutor. Then even after learning that he was in love with said tutor you're still here. If you'd been friends for a long time, that'd mean nothing. But to have only just recently met means a lot.”
 
Shuichi just stared at Yoshiki wondering if he was right.
 
z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
 
“I can't believe it.” Eiri said. “I get the chance to put right what once went wrong and this is how you repay me! You really are a selfish bastard you know that. You could have gone on to be a loving husband and father. Though I would have prayed to god that the boy's mother would be able to keep you clean and not let you make the same mistake with your son that you did with me! But you still had the choice! But instead of taking the second chance I give to you, you basically slap me in the face and tell me that you're life really meant nothing to you!”
 
z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
 
 
After Eiri had finally finished yelling at Yuki's grave for being so selfish he returned to Yoshiki and Shuichi.
 
“Let's go brat. There's nothing more for us here.”
 
Seeing as Eiri was just going to leave whether he came or not, he quickly turned to Yoshiki and bowed, “It was nice to met you.”
 
Yoshiki smiled, “Better hurry.”
 
Shu smiled, “Right.”
 
z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
 
Shuichi soon caught up to Eiri. “Um Eiri, is it true that you're married?”
 
“It was only a business arrangement between me and my father and now its over.” Then he stopped and turned to the boy. “I want you to move in with me.”
 
Shuichi was stunned. “But…but your wife.”
 
“She has nothing to do with this. I have an apartment of my own that she's never been inside. But if it would make you feel better I'll let you help me find another.”
 
“I…I don't want to be the cause of your marriage breaking up.”
 
“Look kid, don't you think if I gave a damn about being married to her that I'd be wearing a wedding ring.”
 
Well Shuichi couldn't deny that he was right about that.
 
“I've been planning a divorce for some time. I had a few things to take care of before I could go through with it. Now that's settled and I have even more reason to be rid of her.” Eiri said. After finding Shu and leaving him dazed with a kiss, he found the apartment Tohma had said he kept separate from Ayaka. There he found all the papers telling of his future plans.
 
Then he smiled and said, “Okay but on one condition.”
 
Eiri cringed, there was no telling what it the boy would ask for. It could be anything.