Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 51

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Two days after the incident with Kyo, Hiro went to tell his parents about his career change before doing anything else. He knew this wouldn’t be easy.   “Well Hiroshi I can’t say that I am happy to hear that you’re not going to continue med school, but your father and I will support any career you choose.” Hiro’s mother said.   ‘Yeah you say that now.’ Hiro thought. “I plan to join back up with Shuichi and reform our band.”   Needless to say his parents were stunned.   “Hiroshi you are twenty years old. You are not a child anymore. You need to grow up and stop hanging around that Shindo boy. He’s going to drag you down into the gutter.”   Hiro so wanted to snap and tell his parents that because he did lose contact with Shu that he ended up becoming friends with a whack job. But he refrained as that matter had been settled and he never had to worry about him hurting Shu again. Instead he said, “So I have to follow your dreams for me and be friends with only whom you approve of. Meanwhile Yuji is still after years of trying just a lowly struggling actor and yet you haven’t yelled at him once in years demanding that he should give up and return home and become whatever the hell YOU want him to be! I never wanted to stop playing music but I gave up. Perhaps I should have been more like Yuji and not have given up so easily and bent to your will, but no more. Shuichi has a recording contract with NG. We will make it this time!”   “And if you don’t?” His father asked.   “Then we keep trying. If it doesn’t work out then its not meant to be. But I want to try.”   “Very well, your mother and I will support you in this for one year and after that if you are not a success you must agree to return home and return to med school.” His father said.   Hiro shook his head, “No, as you said I am not a child anymore. I have to make my own choices and my choice is to stay with music. If you don’t approve then I’m sorry.” With that he left without another word.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   His next stop had been the school telling then he was dropping out. He told his favorite teacher in person and the teacher hadn’t been surprised.   “I’m sorry if I disappointed you Mr. Sirya but I’m going to try to be a musician.”   “No surprise.”   “Why do you say that?”   “A lot of students try to become doctors and their eager to learn and some even eager to get started in the hospital. But not you. You’d do your work and that’s it. You never seemed interested in doing anything more than what was required. I had a feeling you wouldn’t last long.”   “I see, well I have go and tell Dr. Solomon.”   “Yes, well here. Since I had a feeling this would come up give the doctor this file.”   Hiro looked at it, “What is it?”   “It’s a student whom I’m not to confident can’t make it through with out a bit of help and incentive. Kyleen Suneraya she desperately wants to be a doctor but her grades are a bit low. But I think if you talk to Dr. Solomon he would agree to take her on as his new apprentice. It won’t be easy as he’s old fashioned.”   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   After discussing the girl’s profile more Hiro went to Dr. Solomon’s office.   “Dr. Solomon?”   “Ah, Hiroshi. I’m surprised to see you.”   “You are? Why? I was scheduled to work about now.”   Dr. Solomon smiled, “I saw you when you brought your friend in. The way you two talked about music. I knew it was only a matter of time before you’d stop coming.”   “I wouldn’t do that to you! I’d tell you first.”   Hiro then went on to explain about his and Shu’s relationship, the band and the hope for the future. Then went on to talk about Kyleen Suneraya and though not easily convinced the doctor to take her on as his new apprentice.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   After all was said and done he called Ayaka and had her met him at their favorite café.   “So what did you wish to talk to me about, Hiro?”   “I did it. I told my parents and everyone else that I’m officially becoming a musician.”   “I’m so happy for you Hiro!”   “I just hope I’m doing the right thing.”   “Don’t doubt your self! You will make it! Isn’t that what you believed when you and Shindo first started getting serious?”   “Well yeah but we were 17 at the time.”   “Then pretend you’re 17 again. I have faith in you!”   Hiro leaned in and kissed her, “I have a feeling as long as you’re with me, I can make it.”   Ayaka blushed, she hadn’t told Hiro that she had yet to tell her parents about him. Despite the fact she’s never truly been this happy before, she didn’t think her traditional arranged marriage themselves never divorce under penalty of death parents could ever understand. She could only hope Hiro makes it, then she can show her parents that though Hiro may not be a salary man, or from a traditional family like Eiri’s he cared for her and would be a good provider. Her parents are already upset that she didn’t fight Eiri on the divorce. So for a while at least she doesn’t think they’ll do anything drastic as force her into another arranged marriage any time soon.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-zz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z -z-z-z-zz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   A/N: Kyleen Suneraya is a fictional name. If somehow it is real its purely coincidental. I have an email account that gets TONS of spam and I take names here and there and save then on file so that if like now I need a name there’s lots to chose from.   Eiri and Shu will be the next chapter tomorrow as they finally move in to their new home!