Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 62

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“So I guess we should start with deciding on a lyrist for the band. I have a list of potential people who I feel are perfect candidates for the job.”   “What do you mean find someone to write lyrics?! I write the lyrics for the band!”   “If it’s the same ones I’ve heard from tapes with your other band you worked with then I’m less than impressed.”   “Um, I didn’t know anyone taped any of my shows.” Shu couldn’t understand how or why anyone would tape any of his shows.   “One Seguchi’s scouts taped you a few months back.”   “You mean Seguchi saw my tape and still rejected me?”   “It probably wasn’t just you. He probably didn’t think you’d play without that band and they were substandard.” Fujisaki stated.   “I’m not sure what that means but we were good! Though, Eiri seems to think it wasn’t just the music people came for.”   “If that’s the case we need to buff up the music so people will want to listen to the music as well.”   Before Shu could get into it with him again, Hiro popped up and said, “So what do you suggest?”   “I suggest we look over these lyrics and see if there’s anything salvageable.”   Work didn’t progress as much as everyone would have liked. Sakano has at least two nervous breakdowns and though Hiro kinda liked the keyboardist and got along fairly well with him, it seem he and Shu were more like oil and water. Though over all Hiro thought they’d make a great team if he could keep the two from ripping each others throats out. Fujisaki had a tendency to put down the music Shu had for songs and that started the fights but after Hiro got them calmed down and reasoned with both they managed to compromise.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Hiro chose to take Shu out to lunch to keep Fujisaki from killing him when he stated he didn’t know if he’d signed anything to do with the bar keeping control of his lyrics or the music from the other band or not. Fujisaki sent them away not wanting them to go and screw anything up.   As they were walking to a near by café something shiny in the window caught Shu’s eye.   “Hey, Hiro. Do you really think we’ll make it? I mean make it big enough that we could buy things like that locket?”   Hiro put a hand on his shoulder and said, “Don’t worry Shu, someday we’ll be able to afford a dozen of them. Look why don’t you go on ahead and find us the perfect seat in the café and I’ll catch up, I need to get something.”   Shu smiled and said, “I know you just want to get Ayaka a present!”   Hiro blushed and pushed Shu away. Shu laughed and ran on ahead.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   When Hiro joined him Shu was on his second soda.   “Here.” Hiro said pushing a box in front of Shu.   Shu frowned, “You want me to see if Ayaka will like her present?”   Hiro turned away blushing, “No, just open it!”   Shu laughed and opened it but his laugh changed to a gasp.   “Happy Birthday.”   Shu looked up, “But Hiro this locket must have cost a fortune!”   “Nah, it wasn’t that bad. Besides did you think I made nothing from working as a doctor. I didn’t make much but I made enough and saved where I could. It’s not much but…” He didn’t finish as Shu hugged him.   “Thank Hiro. This means a lot!”   “Your welcome. The other presents I have for you at home aren’t as glamorous. But I didn’t know what else to get.”   “I’m sure what ever you got was fine!”   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   “Hey, Fujisaki since we’re knocking off early you want to come with us to get something to eat? There’s a nice diner just up the street.”   Shuichi glared at Hiro he couldn’t believe he was going to invite this kid to join them.   “No thanks. I’m fine here.”   Hiro returned Shu’s glare. Shu gave a silent huff and then trying to sound as nice and as sincere as possible he saidm “Yes, please join us.”   Without even looking up from what he was working on Fujisaki said, “I’m fine. I’m going to stay and work on more of Shindo’s lyrics. If we’re to make it with these lyrics, then I need to seriously overhaul the music.” He still hadn’t learned whether or not Shu had signed anything regarding his lyrics, but sent a note to Seguchi to have his lawyer check it out.   Hiro had to keep Shu from going over and killing Fujisaki. Dragging Shu out he called out, “Well maybe next time.”   Fujisaki just gave a absent minded wave not bothering to look. He knew Shu didn’t like him but truth be told, he didn’t really care. ‘I cannot believe I let my cousin talk me into joining this band! But he said it was probably the best chance I’d have at getting into a band and have some say in it. The best I can do it just deal with it. I’m not about to give my cousin the satisfaction of thinking that I can’t make a band better than his. I’ll show him! Somehow I’ll make this band work if it kills me!’   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   “Hey Shu, since the café is so crowded why don’t we just grab some take out and head back to my place. I still have more present to give you.”   “Aw Hiro, you didn’t have to get me anything else!”   “I told you it’s not much. It was the best I could think of. So don’t go expecting a lot.”   “Okay, I’ll be happy with anything!”   “Shouldn’t you call your boyfriend and tell him?”   “Oh right! Well it’s only 3 o’clock and I’m not expected home till after five so if I decide to stay longer I’ll call him then and tell him to eat without me. He’s probably writing I wouldn’t want to disturb him.”   “If you say so. So where do you want to eat?”   “How about Mos Burger it’s not too far from your place.”   “Fine by me let’s go.” They hopped on to Hiro’s motorcycle and went in as the drive thru sucked and it was hard enough to hear them without the noise from the motorcycle making it worse.   They went back to Hiro’s place and ate and talked and watched a little TV. Afterwards Hiro gave Shu his presents.   Shu happily opened them. “Wow! I needed a new notebook and now I have four! Thanks Hiro, I really needed this my current ones about full and wore out.”   “I thought as much.”   Shu opened up the next one to find a backpack, “Hiro this looks super expensive! Don’t get me wrong I love it, but…”   Hiro waved him off, “Don’t worry about the cost. It’s your birthday present enjoy it.”   Shu hugged him, “Thanks I love my presents.”   “So what you say we jam for a bit? I just had my guitar tuned the other day.”   Shu stretched, “Thanks Hiro! I loved my presents!”   “You’re welcome Shu. You want me to drive you home?”   “No thanks, I can manage. It’s not that far. See ya tomorrow!”   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   A/N: Credit for the locket Hiro got for Shuichi goes to Captara. Thanks for the idea! If you read this chapter once you’ll notice I decided to revamp it a bit. Chapter 63 will be revamped as well! I accidentally deleted 63 off my comp and started rewriting it so I hope to have it up tomorrow.   Mos Burger is a popular fast-food restaurant in Japan.