Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 63

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shu opened the door only to find Eiri sitting in the living room smoking. He had a book but still Shu thought something seemed off about it.   “Um I’m home.”   Eiri snapped the book closed and slapped it on the table, then put out his cigarette. Then stood staring at him. Shu slunk back afraid of getting scolded.   “Where the hell have you been? I have been waiting with dinner ready for over three hours. I tried calling your cell but you didn’t answer.”   “Oh, sorry. I’m not used to anyone worrying when I get home. I guess I forgot. I had to have my cell off while at work and I guess I forgot to turn it back on. I’m really sorry Eiri. I totally forgot to call you! Hiro invited me over to his place for some late birthday presents and we ate there. He suggested I call when we left work. But it was only 3 o’clock and I thought well you’ll be working I don’t want to disturb you. I’ll call later if I decided to stay at Hiro’s longer than that. Well I kinda let time slip by and I forgot to call. I’m sorry.”   “Next time I won’t be so forgiving if you forget. As punishment you can sleep on a pallet in your room tonight.”   “But Eiri…!”   Eiri pinned him with a glare, “Did you want something?”   Shu tentatively leaned up and kissed him, “I am sorry. I didn’t mean to forget. It’s just that, well you’re the first person since I lived at home that cared when I get home and where I went. Can’t you forgive me just this once? I promise it won’t happen again. I promise that from now on no matter what if I plan to go to Hiro’s I’ll call and leave a message on the answering machine. Now I’m hungry. Let’s go eat!”   “I thought you ate at Hiro’s.”   “I did, but as you said that was hours ago!”   “Fine but you’re still sleeping in your room tonight or if you wish to sleep with me I can always wait and deal out punishment later when you least expect it.” Eiri said walking off to heat up dinner.   Shu didn’t much like the sound of that and decided that perhaps sleeping alone for one night might be better than have Eiri do who knows what to him later. With a sigh he followed Eiri into the kitchen and sat down.   Eiri set the plates of food down and noticed something around Shu’s neck. “What is that around your neck?”   “Huh, oh Hiro got this locket for me for my birthday. I saw it in the window when we went out to lunch. But I didn’t have any money to get it and I asked Hiro if he thought someday we might be able to afford it and he said we would and sent me on to the café. I thought he was going to get Ayaka something. But when he shows up at the café he gives me a box and I thought he wanted me to see what he got Ayaka and when I opened it, it was the locket I’d liked. He said it was a birthday present.”   Eiri didn’t like Hiro giving him little lover jewelry. He often suspected that Hiro might have had a crush on Shu at one time. But decided against bringing it up.   “After work he invited me back to his place. We ordered out and Hiro gave me a couple of notebooks and a new backpack for my birthday. Oh I didn’t tell you about our new member.”   “New member?”   “Yeah Suguru Fujisaki, he’s our new keyboardist. I didn’t like it at first and I’m still not fond of the new guy but I guess I don’t really have much choice. Hiro likes him and everyone’s made it clear that they want me out front singing and not behind the keyboards. So I guess like it or not I’m stuck with the kid! Can you believe they brought in a kid!”   “You think Tohma would give you his cousin if he didn’t have faith in you?”   Shu chocked on the beef stew Eiri had made, “Did you say Seguchi’s cousin?!”   “MN” ‘I guess no one told them.’   “I guess that explains why Seguchi just announced he was our new keyboardist rather than asking us if there was anyone else or holding auditions.” He and Hiro had discussed on possible why Fujisaki was just assigned to them. His being related to Seguchi wasn’t even considered.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Later that night Shuichi once again begged not to be forced to sleep alone. He’d grown accustom to sleeping next to Eiri. But Eiri held fast and refused. So they both went to bed.   Hearing a noise Eiri opened his eyes but found it strange he couldn’t move. What was even stranger was Shuichi was looking over him crying. Why would he be crying? Eiri wondered. At first he couldn’t hear the words, but he concentrated hard and heard, “Please Yuki! You have to come back! I need you! Please don’t leave me!”   Then he heard and saw Tohma and Mika yelling at the boy that it was his fault. Huh what was his fault? Then they threw the boy out and came to his side assuring him that Shu wouldn’t get in again.   Eiri regained his strength somehow and sat up screaming and reaching out, “Shuichi!”   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   &# 8220;Eiri, Eiri wake up!”   Eiri shook his head and looked at the boy next to him safe and sound. He was about to question why Tohma kicked him out and what happened when again the boy asked, “Eiri are you sure you’re all right?”   That told Eiri that it was obviously a dream and that the one in front of him is his current reality. It also told him that now he had to find a way back!   “I’m fine get in and let’s get back to sleep.”   “Are you sure?”   Eiri only glared at him and the boy had learned by now that it was a look that said don’t question me!   So without question the boy climbed in next to Eiri and went to sleep.   After the boy was sleeping soundly Eiri stared up at the ceiling. He so wanted to get back to his reality. But he couldn’t do it right at this moment. He promised to take this Shu to meet his father. He had no way of knowing what this worlds Eiri would and wouldn’t remember or how he would treat Shu. Besides he also had to make it clear to his father that he had no intentions of marrying anyone else. His father had forced this worlds Eiri into marriage with Ayaka once. Eiri didn’t want it to happen again! He hoped to make it a quick trip down there, do a few hours visit and then leave. But he had a feeling it wouldn’t work out that way. It rarely did in this life.