Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ TatsuhaxTaki 30_kisses ❯ Actions ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
<b>Title:</b> Actions
<b>Pairing:</b> TatsuhaxTaki
<b>Theme:</b> #17 kHz (kilohertz)
<b>Disclaimer:</b> I do not own these characters or this series and I don't profit from this work.

Being a coinsurer of fine music, or trashy pop music as his father and brother liked to call it, Tatsuha prided himself on having the right equipment. The voice of his idol could only be truly appreciated when it was blasting out at you from the right sound system. Of course, his Dad didn't appreciate it and Tatsuha had often come home to find that his latest sound system had been sold, usually to someone whom it was impossible to bribe. He'd eventually resigned himself to the sad fact that he would have to settle for his own dinky radio or when the opportunity present it's self, Eiri or Mika's superb sound systems that they refused to let him touch (he still managed to do so though.)

Normally he could swallow such disappointment, except for today of all days. He'd gone to Tokyo after hearing a rumor from a friend that there was a shop that possessed an ultra rare Nittle Grasper CD of their live performance in Osaka from 1990. Tatsuha had run countless stop lights on his way there, terrified that it would be gone by the time he arrived. Fortunately, it had not been, though the price had left him with an empty wallet. A real shame as he'd been relying on the rest of the money to buy him breakfast, since he'd skipped it in his rush to get to Tokyo.

The only solution was to mooch off his favorite source of free food at the moment, who would hopefully be home. Besides, Taki had a decent sound system if Tatsuha remembered right, something that was almost worthy of having Ryuichi's voice pouring out of its speakers.

When he'd arrived at the apartment and was ready to knock on the door, Tatsuha had already come up with some smug, overly confidant line to use on the other man, should he decide to act bitchy. When his hand rapped against the door, he was surprised to see it swing open, since the door had always been locked before. Calling out Taki's name as he stepped inside, Tatsuha noticed a large, empty box lying near the door.

Kicking his shoes off, Tatsuha noticed Taki's head peeking at him from the living room. "What are you doing here?" Before Tatsuha could say anything though, Taki just shook his head, sighing in frustration. "Whatever. Since you're here, you might as well help." Taki disappeared from sight before Tatsuha could protest.

When he entered the living room, Tatsuha was just a little taken aback. There was a mess of cords surrounding two massive speakers and Taki appeared to be making an attempt at hooking them up. "It's like you read my mind."

"Huh?" Tatsuha waved the shopping bag containing his new CD in front of Taki's face. Pulling the CD out and looking at it, Taki made a face as he handed it back to Tatsuha. "You came over here just for that?"

Giving Taki an equally dirty look as he took back his CD, Tatsuha sat down on the couch, where he had a good view of what Taki was doing. It looked liked complicated business, something definitely beyond Tatsuha's expertise. "No. I came over here to eat and then listen to my God."

Shaking his head as he reached to plug a long black cord into the back of one the speakers, the annoyed tone in Taki's voice was more obvious than usual. "You're such a pathetic little fanboy." It was almost comforting, the way Taki kept making the same predictable complaints.

"So can I?"

Waving him off with out looking, Taki made a small huffing noise as he started to untangle one of the cords. "Yes, go eat and then help me with this. We'll try your stupid CD out afterwards." Rolling up the now empty shopping back, Tatsuha tossed it so that it smacked into the back of Taki's head.

Getting up and making sure not to look Taki in the eyes, least the other man's glare kill him, Tatsuha headed towards the kitchen. "It's not stupid. Sakuma has more talent in one molecule of hair than you could ever hope to have in a billion years." For a moment, Tatsuha thought he heard the singer curse, but Taki's voice was too quiet for him to make out the exact phrase.
________________________________________________________________________
Setting up the system had been harder than Tatsuha had anticipated, but after about two hours, they'd finally gotten it set up and functioning. "You're a lucky guy, to be able to afford something so, so complicated." There was really no other word that could express what Tatsuha was feeling right now.

"You make that sound like it's a good thing." Taki glanced at him ruefully from his position on the floor next to him, his back leaning against the right side of the couch. Tatsuha looked at him from the left, wishing for a moment that the singer could just lay off the whole bitter and sarcastic bit. It forced the teenager to come up with counter arguments and that wasn't the kind of mental stimulation he could maintain for long periods of time, as enjoyable as it was.

Screwing his lips as he thought, Tatsuha finally settled for the second best answer, since the correct one seemed so elusive. "If you have to work for something that means it must be worth it, right?" It took Taki only five seconds to start laughing at him.

"I never thought I'd hear that kind of idealistic crap spouted from your mouth." Instead of getting annoyed with Taki, Tatsuha decided to favor him with a smirk instead, so as to keep Taki from thinking he'd won.

"I thought singers believed in that sort of thing." Tatsuha made sure to say the line in a way that made it sound good natured, yet still made it obvious that it wasn't meant as a compliment.

"Only the stupid ones." Shrugging, Tatsuha sat up and popped the CD into the player. The first song that started playing was Grasper's infamous "Silent Night Redux," infamous in that Ryuichi was known to slightly change some of the lyrics during each performance. The particular change during the Osaka performance was rumored to be one of the more perverse and daring variations that his idol had ever dreamed up. The music played at a loud beat even though the stereo wasn't turned up to the max, the surround sound effect more than making up for the lack in volume.

"Gotta admit, Sakuma is one lucky bastard, being able to get away with pulling shit like that." The admiration in Taki's voice was obvious, even if he appeared to be giving it grudgingly.

Of course, Tatsuha made sure to spare no expense in his own praise. "That's 'cause he's just that cool." The teenager could have gone on and on about Ryuichi's coolness, but he didn't feel there was any need to overstate what was already common knowledge.

"There's that and the fact that he has all his fans on such a fucking tight leash that they don't think the question what he does anymore." Regardless of how much Tatsuha appreciated Taki's knowledge of the musical world, sometimes he just had to go and say something completely uncalled for and untrue.

If it had been anyone else, Tatsuha would have started a yelling fit, but with Taki, he liked to employ more subtle methods. "You're jealous." The twitch of a vein near Taki's temple was obvious and Tatsuha's smug grin grew. Taki's ego was fragile territory and if you managed to get a hold of it, it was easy to get him to react just the way you wanted him to.

"No I'm not." The rebuttal came quickly and coldly, Taki's voice as serious and business like as if he had been a loan officer who had come to collect the mortgage on your house. As for Tatsuha, he decided to play the part of the pushy telemarketer and not give up or get the point.

Turning to face him, Tatsuha forced a serious look on his face. "Yes you are." At this point, he knew that Taki would either say no again, or take a totally different route. This time the singer chose to go for the second option.

"So what if I am?" By now Tatsuha felt giddy, since he now had the perfect opportunity to trip Taki up.

Giving the singer a smooth smile, the kind Tatsuha reserved for a girl he was cruising, he leaned in towards Taki. "I kinda like that." This was actually the truth in some ways.

Seeing Taki flinch a little and pull backwards filled Tatsuha with satisfaction. "Huh?" It was obvious that Taki was trying not to blush and failing.

Lowering his voice one octave, Tatsuha made sure not to purr, even though he was feeling the primal urge to do just that. "I've been watching your interviews on TV and you act kinda unreal and fake, like you're the most confident guy in the world and have never had to worry about so much as a split end. Nice to see that you're normal." Even though his smile was probably about as charming and sexy as could be, Tatsuha made sure to flash a smile that was even more alluring.

Before Tatsuha could tell if Taki had flushed a darker shade then he already had, the singer quickly looked away. "Screw normal." Even though it wasn't meant that way, Tatsuha decided that Taki had made some sort of challenge.

"Is that a request?" Before Taki could protest, Tatsuha had pushed him to the floor, pinning him down. "Because I'd be more than happy to acquiesce." Tatsuha brushed his lips against Taki's neck, feeling his predatory instincts rising to the forefront.

"If you think you're being endearing when you pull crap like this, you've got another thing coming." Normally Tatsuha wouldn't have something like that ruin the moment, but at that moment, he decided it was time to settle something that had been irritating him for a while.

"I'm not forcing you to do anything you don't want to." Sitting up so that he was straddling Taki's hips, Tatsuha looked down at him coldly. "When have I ever forced you to do anything--anything sexual that is?"

For a moment it looked like Taki was about to get over his sudden bashfulness, only to look away from Tatsuha again. "So what? Not saying no doesn't mean I've said yes. And I have said no to you, hundreds of times."

"I know your type. You say one thing, but your actions say something else." To emphasize his point, Tatsuha ground against Taki a little, adding just enough pressure to elicit a small groan from the other man.

This time, Taki met Tatsuha's eyes with a gaze of steel though. "And what is it that my actions say, oh psychic one?" There were a million things Tatsuha could have told Taki and the singer would have believed half of them and balked or raged at the rest. He decided to go for the vague approach instead.

"I'm not telling you until you figure it out for yourself." Leaning down, Tatsuha gave Taki a kiss or was about to when a small shock coursed through his lips just as they were barely touching his prey's. "Ouch!" Tatsuha jumped back as he rubbed his lips. Sitting up, Taki sucked on his own lip pensively.

"Damn static and damn you for rubbing up against me like that." Cursing to himself over the ruined moment, Tatsuha quickly managed to find an appropriate joke.

"I guess this proves that there are sparks between us." This time Taki didn't take the bait and got to his feet. He walked towards the kitchen, not bothering to look at Tatsuha.

"You are such a sap." Tatsuha didn't say anything until Taki was gone. He walked towards the stereo, turning off the stereo and pulling out his CD. It was only now that he remembered the reason he'd been in Tokyo that day.

"I'm not a sap."