Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Yuki & Shuichi ❯ Scene 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yuki & Shuichi
 
Summary: A story of two star-crossed lovers. The love of two enemies.
 
Scene 7
 
I must find my dear Friar Winchester in the cloister and beg his help. He must marry us today, and so seal our happiness.
 
It was just dawn, and Friar Winchester was picking herbs and flowers from the cloister garden when Yuki hurried in. “Good morrow, father!”
 
The priest looked up. “Our Yuki hath not been in bed to-night.”
 
Yuki laughed. “That last is true; the sweeter rest was mine.” Out of breath, he told his holy friend his news. “Then plainly know my heart's dear love is set on the fair son of rich Shindou: As mine on hers, so hers is set on mine.”
 
“Oh, holy saint Francis,” cried Friar Winchester, astonished. “You, a Uesagi, would marry a Shindou? Do you know the tumult that would let loose in both your families?” But then he had another thought. “For this alliance may so happy prove, to turn your household's rancour to pure love. I will do it.”
 
“O, thank you, best friend,” cried Yuki overjoyed, and ran to be in time to meet Shuichi's nurse. Through her he gave Shuichi his news that h should come at three that afternoon to Friar Winchesters cell. There she would be made his bride.