Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Yuki & Shuichi ❯ Scene 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yuki & Shuichi
 
Summary: A story of two star-crossed lovers. The love of two enemies.
 
Scene 11
 
He lay in fear and trembling, thinking of where he might wake, among the dead, or that the poison might be too strong, or worse yet, too weak. But at last she gripped her resolve; “Yuki, l come! This do l drink to thee.”
 
The whole night through, the Shindou house prepared for the wedding. When the morning neared, Lord Shindou heard Taki at the door. He called to the nurse saying, “Go awaken Shuichi, go and trim him up; I'll go and chat with Taki. Hie, make haste, make haste; the bridegroom is come already!”
 
Eagerly the nurse went upstairs to Shuichi's chamber. Shuichi lay on his bed and seemed asleep. “Master, my master! Phew! Lazy sleeper. My sweet, my bride, your bridegroom is here wake up.”
 
She shook Shuichi even more violently, but she did not stir. Cold and white and lifeless he lat there. Frightened, the nurse screamed. “Alas, alas! Help! Help! My lord's dead!”
 
Such a cry and misery broke out in the house of Shindou. When Friar Winchester arrived, he told them all to go prepare for Shuichi's funeral, so that he would be laid to rest in the crypt.