Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning ❯ The New Beginning ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The smell of blood…

Crimson scars all around her…

She let a long, painful sigh. How long are these people going to keep her there? She wondered if she could see her parents again. They are the ones that could keep her safe and made her smile.

Was it by fate, they are separated? She could still remember when they took her life from her. She was barely 10 years old when her parents left her. There and then she hoped that they would killed her as well.

The next thing she knew was she was in a wooden shed, all tied up. Her heart beat fast as one of the men grabbed and took her in a dark room. She was too scared to think about anything then.

Her right sleeve was torn. A man approached her with a hot, sizzling metal bar. Instinct stuck her. She struggled to release herself from the other men's grasps but they were too strong for her.

She could feel the burning sensation when the sizzling metal pierced into her skin. She screamed in pain and threw herself at the floor. Quickly, the men restrained her and gave her a lesson she will never forget. She thought her life was over when she looked at them.

" Elisha, wake up!"

The girl stirred for a while. She realized that she was still hanging there chained to the wall. Another figure came near her. Her smile on her face reassured her that her torturer was gone.

"Re..mi.."

" Don't move. These wounds are worse than I thought they would be. Here take this."

She obeyed and swallowed a red colored pill. Her pain lessened.

She looked at her best friend, Remi wrapping her left arm with a bandage. She was the one who took care of her since her parent's death. She was like more than a mother figure to her.

She never told Remi about how grateful she was to have her by her side. It was her who always will protect her from being harm by their master. Sometimes, she took the beatings for the girl's sake.

Life as slaves weren't easy when you are under a bunch of devils. She was sold to this family not long after she was captured. If it weren't for Remi, she would have been dead by now.

Seven years passed and Elisha turned from a child to a beautiful young woman. Before she could know it, it was her time to leave her beloved friend and sold at the Dark Mansion.

She looked back at Remi one last time before she journeyed far from home.

Her graceful dance attracted the men. Wolf whistles could be heard followed by laughter. The smoke of the cigarettes clouded the place. You guessed it. Elisha' s new home. The Grade Bar.

Her life was no better. Working as an entertainer, she had to deal with man and their attitudes. Her new master used to beat her in front of the people and make fun of her.

She thought her nerves were breaking. At last, she took the final move to escape that had made her ended in the torture chamber. After three days of no food and water, she thought she couldn't handle much longer.

Her hands were tied behind the large animal. With a crack of the whip, the horses went at full speed, dragging along her feeble body. She felt as if her body were to rip apart by the force. She knew that this would be the end.

Out of the sudden, the movement stopped. Her vision became blurring. The last thing she saw was a flash of silver. Oh God. End my suffering now…

She woke up and looked around. Green lush trees covered with beautiful flowers. The sounds of live. The birds were chirping away happily in the blue skies. Is this heaven? , She wondered.

Sudden pain. She fell again. She tried to recall back what had happened before she blacked out. She remembered she heard a cling of crystal and an outstanding shine of silver.

A familiar voice caught her. It was his master's. In front of him was a well build guy carrying a massive sword on his back. Well, at least she knew she wasn't dead yet.

He handed her master a pouch. Her master approached her and dragged her by the chains. She yelped in pain. She gave him an innocence look, hoping he would change his mind of buying her. Getting out of a hot soup and jump into the frying pan. What luck!

"She's yours. Here."

He handed the chain over to him together with a whip. She was expecting a blow from it but it never came. Instead, the guy broke it into pieces and demanded something else.

"Give me the keys."

"But, she is dangerous. She may hurt you."

"Just give them to me or do you prefer another go."

"Alright, here."

A bunch of keys fell into his hands. She was stunned for a while. Is this man going to take her from these metals forever? She watched silently as the silver -haired guy approached her.

It was like a dream come true. He inserted the keys and unlocked those heavy shackles. She felt she could breath again. He then carried her on his back and both of them left the stunned man in the forest.

His back was warm. Just like her mother's.

Soon, she felt asleep.

When she got up in the middle of the night, she saw the man again, gazing at the fire.

Beside her, there were a few cookies and a hot cup of coco.

"It is yours. Eat up."

She nodded and ate everything.

Boy, that girl must have starved for days. He smiled at himself looking at her gulping all the food at one shot. What had he done? He just gave away a large sum of money for an unknown girl.

Musica was sure going to scream his head of if he knew, he thought for a moment. But the small sacrifice in exchange of a girl's life made him feel so good. Somehow when he saw what that beast did to the poor girl, he had no choice but to budge in.

He stood up and went to her. The girl backed off a little when she saw him approaching. Realizing the fear on her face, he put down the sword and gave her a smile.

Strange, this is the first person in her life that smiles at her. A reassuring one without any reason to manipulate her. She quickly bowed down her head and knelt.

"Master, I'm at your service."

A hand was placed on her shoulder, urging her to sit.

"I'm not your master. Don't call me that."

"Yes, master."

"I told you already, stop calling me that!"

"Sumimasen."

He came to realize that he scared the girl. Scratching his head, he continued.

"Sorry about that. I just don't like this slave stuff. By the way, my name is Haru Glory from Garage Island."

Is this guy joking? He is treating me as equals. As a friend just like Remi.

"My ..name i..s Elisha."

"What a beautiful name you got Elisha."

Oh my god. He is praising me.

She blushed for a moment.

This is not real. She pinched herself on the cheek to reassure.

" What did you do that for, Elisha?"

" No one has treat me so well before except for you. I owed my life to you."

"It's nothing. That guy was pushing you around."

Suddenly, she let out a painful moan. She had forgotten about her broken leg and fell. Before she hit the ground, Haru came and scooped her off.

"Elisha, you ought to go easy on yourself. Lay down and rest."

He went off for a moment and returned with a bottle of liquid.

"Drink this .It will make you feels better."

"Thanks, Haru -san"

After she finished the last drop of the liquid in the bottle, her pain recovered. Haru laid a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"That's a special elixir which my dad gave me in case I got in any trouble. Your wounds will be just fine."

She felt something pushing her at the back. She was surprised to see a strange creature with a carrot looking nose behind her. It looks like a dog ,but quite a bug type.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. That's my pet, Plue."

"Nice to meet you, Plue."

The cute dog named Plue jumped on Elisha's and gave her a hug. She looked at those adorable eyes and giggled. This animal is fun to play with, she thought for a while.

Without her notice, tears fell from her eyes. The situation let a confused Haru behind.

"What's the matter? Did Plue hurt you accidentally?"

"No, is just that no one ever treated me so well before. Most of the people I met would only try to hurt me or use me for fortune. I'm so grateful."

"But I'm not like them, Elisha. So, don't you worry. I promise no one will hurt you again. I will be your friend from now on. Won't we, Plue?"

"Pl…ue"

"Mina. Arigato Gozaimasu."

"Now, go to sleep. We got a lot of things to do tomorrow."

Remi, I'll keep my promise and set you free with the help of my new friends. Please wait

until I return, my friend.

"Where had this Haru been to anyway? I thought getting food would be the easiest job for him to handle. Yet, it's been hours since he left."

He sighed and looked at the clock. 2pm. He had already finished polishing his silverware. Working as a blacksmith isn't his type. He preferred hanging out with his back street pals in Hip Hop City than these.

But then one day he found out his true identity about his deceased parents and decided to inherit their occupation. Then, a few days later, he met with kid with silver hair with a strange looking dog, Plue. They looked as if they almost starved to death.

He had a deep interest on the kid. God knows why he let him stay in his house ever since. Besides being his help, he taught the kid a few tricks and sword skills. He was a quick learner.

It took him only a few days before he mastered his technique. And he made him a perfect sword, the Eionsmeter. It was forged according to the legendary Ten Commandments that able to transform into ten different swords at the owner's wish. It was too a great success to him.

"Hey, Musica. What are daydreaming about?"

The soft, concerned voice came from a young lady from his back. Her long, black locks swayed as she walked to him.

"Cattelya! Gomen, I didn't notice it was you."

"Thinking about Haru again, isn't it?"

"He is going to get it from me when he return home."

"He'll be fine. He's got all the stuff that you teach him, don't he?"

"You are right. He's a man now."

Silver sighed again. Maybe, Cattelya was right. Still, deep inside he was still his little Haru. The girl planted a kiss on top of his forehead. The silversmith smiled back. He was so glad he had a caring wife like Cattelya. If it isn't for Haru's crazy plan, he will still be single.

Bang!

"I'm home."

"It's about time. I thought I'm going to call the patrol search," replied Musica.

"Gomen Nasai. I bumped into something on my way back."

"You are not hurt are you?"

"No way. I had Plue and the sword with me."

"So, where is the stuff I ask you to buy?"

Haru lowered his head before he continued.

"Musica, there's something I want you to know first. Promise you won't be mad at me."

"Let me guess. You screwed up again."

"Musica, I'm serious. Promise me you won't shout at me."

He hated surprises. But, something on Haru's face had alerted him.

"All right. What is it?"

Covered with a sheet of fabric, a girl walked into the house. She went towards Haru with her head lowered a little.

"Who is she? What have you did to her?"

"Calm down, I can explain. You see. I was on the way to the market when I saw her. She was dragged by four horses and tied behind. So, I kind of got into a fight and bought her."

"Are you telling me that you use up all my money on her?"

"Yes. But I promise I will return the money to you. "

"This is great. Another problem."

"I told you I'll return back your money."

"What are you going do with her then?"

"Musica, I know you don't mind her staying with us."

"Nani?"

"I had talked to her. Her parents were killed before she was taken into slavery. She has no where to go now."

"Is it true, woman?"

She nodded silently.

"Musica, please reconsider."

He can't avoid his friend's sad, puppy eyes and gave in. Cattelya shook her head.

After a moment, a smile formed in his face.

"Do you mean…."

"Welcome to our home, girl."

"Arigato Gozaimasu. Arigato."

"Since you are part of us, I am excepting some contribution."

"Hai, mistress."