Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 2: Naughty Plue ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

________________________________________________________________ _______

Chapter 2: Naughty Plue

"I don't like him....I don't like him..."

Elie repeated the phrase in her head as she walked her way home.

"Melodia was right! He must be a really mean person and he's happy when he hurts someone! I should have known that after all these weeks!!!! Bakabakabakabaka..." She awkwardly hit her head several times. Good thing the street was quiet with no one to see her, if ever that happens they'd probably think she's a sadist.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Haru was happily walking his way to his house listening to some good music through his small discman. Actually he was a bit bothered by that girl but he didn't know why. She was somehow different from the other girls he's seen...or is it because she was the first girl in the campus who shouted at him. Well, he tried to keep it from bugging him, and just fired up the music he was listening to.

Then he stopped.

He stepped.

He took another step.

And halted again.

Someone's following him?

He turned back but just saw all those people minding their own business down the street. But he swore, someone was walking behind him...who could it be?

He was about to return to his walk when a sight caught his eye. Someone did follow him. But who is he? What is he?

Beside his foot stood a very weird but adorable little creature. It was white like a snowman, and has a carrot-like nose. Its small oval eyes stared at his. Strangely, it was trembling non-stop.

Baffled, he asked the creature, "What is it?"

"P-p-puuuuuun...."

"Huh?"

All of a sudden, the weird creature unbelievably jumped high enough to reach the top of Haru's head!

The pissed boy tried hard to taut the creature off his head but it had a tight grip to his hair which made him feel like he was pulling his own hair instead! Much to his disdain, he just let it stay there until it gets off his head on its own. The strange animal seemed to be very comfy with Haru, or just fond of the boy's silver-tinged hair.

At last he reached his shelter with the unlikely company of the odd dog, or bug, whatever it is. At the moment he opened to door, the creature promptly leaped off his head and landed on top of a chair sofa inside the small house. His place was a little further from the busy heart of Symphonia, that's why it would take him more than half an hour if he would just travel by foot. It was a cozy little cabin located in the fringes of a forest entrance. By the way, Haru is living alone here. His sister, Cattleya, stayed in Garage Island. He was only persuaded to go to Symphonia because school is better, and for that he had to sacrifice some things. He's not really quite lonely being alone, he chose this place because it reminded him very much of his true home back in Garage Island.

Haru threw himself in the couch and took a glimpse at the little creature. It gazed back at him with its round and glimmering eyes.

"Do you wanna eat?"

"Puuuun!"

The boy then stood up and looked inside the fridge. Unfortunately, only a piece of lollipop and a softdrink can were left. Having no choice, he took out the candy and opened it.

"Sorry pal. This is the only thing I got and I haven't eaten dinner yet. Animals don't usually eat this thing so I'm sorry." Just as he opened his mouth to put the lollipop in, the white creature jumped to him in a thundering speed and stole the stick-candy away from his hand. Shortly after it touched the floor, it opened up its mouth and bit the circle lollipop.

"What?! You eat that thing?" Haru suddenly exclaimed.

"Puuun!" It wore a grateful and contented smile on its cuddly face.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The following day...

The cheerful morning sun showered its warm rays to the frenzy land of Symphonia. Each street was slowly being filled up by people looking forward to start their day well. But maybe, not really everyone.

"Hey, is that Glory? What's that on his head?"

"I didn't know that he's fond of creatures!"

"He even brought it with him in school!"

"So that's his soft spot! Cute things!"

"Is he really the one who beat up the seniors?"

Students were talking about all sorts of fuss around the person of attention: Haru. They were babbling about Haru's 'pet'--why he has that, if he's fond of it, if he's just masquerading as a tough person, blah blah blah...which made the silver-haired boy very peeved. However, the little creature won't budge an inch! It doesn't want to get away from his head! Haru already tried to threaten it but it just made it cling tighter to him. It was just too strangely cute to hurt...

But Haru certainly disapproved the way he looked that time. He felt like a clown!

The murmuring and the mumbling wouldn't stop. Haru's ears were hurting. He can't take it anymore. He wanted to blow up and--

Haru stopped. Calmly, he turned his face to them and sighed.

"WILL YOU KINDLY QUIT TALKING ABOUT ME AND JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!?!?!"

The rest of the crowd was startled. It was like it became hard to breathe.

Haru grinned. "Thank you."

After he resumed walking until he was out of sight, the whole crowd sighed in relief.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

*RIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!*

The hallway was quickly filled with students gushing out their classrooms to roam around the school premises and choose a place to have their lunch. Noise was the general atmosphere after classes, with the voices of students talking about different things to their friends. The sun was at its peak that time giving the essence of the middle time of the day, noon.

Haru opened his lunch and revealed the white rice and pieces of sushi inside. He felt laxed right now since no one dared to pick a fight with him lately. He thought that people misunderstood him. He wasn't really like that before. But something is making him act tough. But he didn't think about it that much. Heck, it's lunch time. The food is waiting.

Before his chopsticks touched his viand, he remembered that he also brought a lollipop for his new found "friend". He took the sweet from his bag and handed it to the creature.

"Eh? Hey, little creature! Where are you?"

He didn't wanna admit it but he was worried about it. He was sure of it. Girls will take advantage of that poor fellow. Girls will take anything "cute"!!!

He then rushed to the classroom door and started to look for it, leaving his delicious lunch unattended.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Wow! That was a great meal!!! Melodia you cook so well!" Elie praised after eating a rice ball created by her friend.

"Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!" Melodia replied.

"Of course! This is really nice. It's pretty refreshing now that the sun is so strong!" The short-haired girl complimented as she gazed at the permeating rays of the sun under the leafy umbrella of the tree they were under. Just then, Elie's faced turned serious.

"What's wrong, Elie?"

But she just gave a warm smile and shook her head. "It's nothing much. Just to tell you that I'm not interested in Haru anymore."

The other girl's eyes widened but then looked at her in an i-dont-believe-you way.

"What? Really!"

"Why so suddenly? It seemed like you had a crush on this guy for centuries and now you're giving up so easily?" Melodia asked her in disbelief.

"Well, yesterday I quarreled with him..."

"Eh?"

"It's because he was so stubborn!!!"

After hearing what happened, Melodia gave her a weird look and stood up.

"Okay, Elie. If that's what you think then I won't bother you with it."

Elie just breathed out a sigh.

"Ei come on, let's go back."

With that, the two girls left and entered the main building.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Before they went to their classroom, they decided to drop by the restroom and get fixed.

Upon opening the door, a strange sight greeted them in surprise...

A group of girls were acting so strangely around something....something so... adorable...?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Darn it...my stomach's rumbling already...please show up now so I can eat!" Haru mumbled as he continued his search for the snowman-like dog. Or bug. He was nearing the other end of the floor's hallway and by that time he was losing hope of finding the creature loitering around with a bunch of students chit-chatting all over the place.

But besides those talking voices, a certain sound caught his ear. That door. It was coming from that door! He walked to it and placed his ear to listen to the shrill voices behind this. He also noticed that the other students ear started staring at him. Well, who cares? He's not doing anything wrong.

"Oh! Look at him!!! He's trembling so much!"

"It's soooo cute!!!"

"What is he? A real-life snowman?"

"Heh! I know it's you! Just as I thought, those girls will take him!" Haru reckoned as still leaned closer to the door.

= = =

"Kawaii!!!! I wanna hold him too!" Elie stretched out her arms to the creature but the other girls were mobbing at it.

"Come on now, Elie! Classes will start in a few minutes so let's go!" Melodia suggested.

Although a bit disappointed, she agreed with her friend and walked towards the exit.

When she turned the knob and pulled the door open...

"Waah!!!"

"Eh?"

A boy suddenly fell down on his back to the ground and landed just underneath the shocked Elie.

"Ha-Haru--"

Just then, Haru's face turned totally red and looked as if he was about to nosebleed...

"So that's why they were looking at me, it was the girls' restroom!" Haru finally came to the late realization.

Everyone around the two teenagers looked like statues. Except for the creature...

"Pun...?"

Elie was steaming...her spirit was burning....finally....

"HARU NO BAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

She suddenly kicked the helpless boy away from her and let him crash to the hallway wall. Then she grabbed anything that can be found and threw it in a lightning-fast speed at the poor lad who was already bleeding...

Just as the boy turned away his back and tried to face her, a rapid and fatal punch went directly on his face! Haru then abruptly fell to the ground, unconscious.

Elie was catching her breath after giving him a dangerous blow.

"E-Elie...?" Melodia uttered.

Elie then relaxed herself and smiled at her very surprised friend.

"*sigh* That made me feel a lot better." She advanced towards the staircase but noticed that Melodia wasn't moving an inch. "Melodia, let's go, you said classes would start."

"Uh--okay!" Melodia stammered then went to follow Elie who was already going up the stairs. Before she set her foot on the first step, she took a quick glance at the beaten Haru who was now being 'comforted' by the creature. "Boy, I didn't know Elie could be so violent..." She thought to herself before heading upstairs.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

After a few hours of classes, the bell finally rung to end the school. As usual, everyone was excited to go out the campus and do whatever they like.

Meanwhile, Haru was just steadily sitting on his chair, looking at the bug-like dog animal. He was the only person left in the classroom since the rest of the students have left. No one even dared to speak to him after seeing him being beaten up by that girl...they were afraid that he might pour his anger on them.

He heaved a sigh and spoke to the creature.

"It's all your fault! Why did you ever go to that cursed place?!"

"Puuun..." But it was busy munching the lollipop.

"Jeez...just because I came to look for you all these happened! First I was hurt by that girl non-stop and when I returned here all I found was my empty pack of lunch!"

"Puuun!" It raised it hand like it was giving him the lollipop.

"No thanks. You can have it all." He then murmured, "You've licked it all anyway..."

"Pun!"

"Wait, let's name you. How 'bout Shibutaro?"

The creature shook its head in disapproval.

"Pun, huh? Then...why not Plue?"

"Puuuun!!!" It seemed to like the latter.

"Okay, so now you're Plue." He then stood up and staggered forward until he reached the blackboard. Unconsciously, he punched the board hard that his fist turned red. He looked outside through the glass window, but his reflection became his focus. He had a black eye and upto now he can still feel it throbbing in pain. Then he imagined Elie, as if she was standing right next to him.

"That girl..."

END OF CHAPTER 2