Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 9: Reunion ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

________________________________________________________________ __

Chapter 9: Reunion

*knock-knock-knock*

The sleepy-head's eyes slightly opened at the noise of someone banging on the cabin's door. He sat up rubbing his eyes and got out of bed.

"Puun!" The cute little dog pointed its small paw at the door. The teen was walking like a drunk person, with his hair in a very messy look---all these as signs of someone having a beauty sleep only to be disturbed by nuances...

Right after revealing the person behind the door, Haru's drowsy eyes widened as a tight hug enveloped his squeezed body.

"D-dad! Quit it!" His son complained. Gale recognized his point and let go.

"I'm sorry, son. I was just very, very excited to see you!" The father replied with a big smile on his face.

"Okay--," Haru coughed as he walked to the cupboard and got a cup.

Gale sat down on the dinner table chair and observed his son's temporary home. He then commented, "It must be pretty hard to live alone here, ne?"

Haru handed his father a cup of coffee then smiled, "But I'm not alone anymore. Plue's accompanying me."

"Puuun!!!" The cute snowdog raised its hand in approval.

The teen joined his father in a simple breakfast. And for the first time, Haru felt complacency with the presence of his dad.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

"Right. I forgot to ask you, what's so special today?" Haru asked.

"Nothing really. Don't tell me you're not glad to see me!" the man joshed as the younger one looked at him in denial. "Well, the truth is I was invited by my old friend to his house."

"Old friend?"

"Haven't I told you? He was a very close friend of mine...but since I settled down in Garage Island, our ways were separated. Since then, we haven't seen each other. So when I heard about him, I contacted him quickly. Good thing he still remembers me, that's why he invited me to come over his house and talk about the many things that had happened."

"Oh...," Haru just muttered, but was still unaware of whom his father was talking about.

"Hey, let's go to the mall today. He said that he's gonna pick us up there."

"I'm coming? Too?"

Gale stood up and patted his son's back until he was forced to stand too. "You heard me! So get ready now! We don't wanna be late!"

= = = = = = = = = = = =

In the mall...

Haru and Gale were sitting on a bench near a large fountain in the middle of the hall. There were lots of people roaming around and buying stuffs even though the mall had just opened. The ambience of the whole place was rather light, and everyone had a joyful look on their faces.

But for Haru...

"Um...Dad, what time will your friend arrive?"

"Just in a minute."

"But we've waited for more than an hour already...how long will he keep us waiting?"

"He'll be here any time now."

"What really was the time you guys agreed to meet?"

Silence.

Gale the cleared his throat and uttered, "Actually..."

Haru sweatdropped and guessed, "Don't tell me you forgot!"

"The truth is...we never really talked about what time we'll meet here 'cause we had so much fun talking over the phone the other day. All I know is that he's gonna fetch us here so there shouldn't be any problem with that!"

"Jeez...," was all he could say in disappointment. "Just a sec, Dad. I'm tired of just sitting here so I'm gonna look around some shops here. Jaa!"

"H-Haru! Make sure you come back on time!"

He sweatdropped.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The ash-haired boy strolled along the vivid halls of the mall. Looking at how the crowd thickened in a bargain sale in a store, he remembered that the holidays were just around the corner. He needed to save money for this season for all the gifts and events that might take place. A few more days to go and snow might just be falling from the sky. And speaking of the coming cold, Haru thought of buying himself a new coat since it's going to be his first December in Symphonia.

Luckily, Haru passed by the store named Heart Kreuz. There was a light red snow coat displayed worn by a Santa mannequin behind the large glass window. He stopped infront of it and observed it for a while. The garment was fuchsia in color, with a WIDE black collar traced by a fur-like material on the edge. Finally, he entered the shop to check out some more clothes.

Haru entered the shop. Lots of clothes and other items were on sale that day; good thing it was still early so it wasn't too crowded inside yet. He looked around for glimpses of that winter's fashion--but an item caught his eye.

It was a necklace with a heart-shaped silver pendant. He stared at it for a while...it's as if it's trying to remind him of someone who can't figure out who...

"Haru!"

The boys' shoulders shuddered in surprise. He turned around to see from whom the voice came from.

"Elie--"

The girl walked to her friend and greeted him with a smile. The other was feeling a little uneasy.

"What's wrong?" Elie broke in.

Haru forced a grin on his face and replied, "Nothing..."

Seeming to be satisfied, the brown-haired girl asked what Haru was doing in the store. He answered back, saying that he went with his father there because they were waiting for someone.

= = = = = =

Gale was reading a newspaper which featured his friend and he realized just how successful and affluent his old pal had become after ten long years. Just when he was about to turn to the next page, a group of men donned in black tuxedos with dark shades covering their eyes stopped infront of him.

"Mr. Gale Glory, good day," the man in the middle greeted. Gale stood up and stretched out his hand for a handshake, but none among them seemed to mind.

"Mr. Glory, our master ordered us to fetch you here that is why we are asking you to come with us.'

Gale sweatdropped at the man's 'over-formality'. "S-sure. But I'll just have to call my son first." The fray-haired man then rushed to find Haru to inform him that they were about to leave.

= = = = = =

Haru and Elie roamed around the store once as they enjoyed chatting with each other. Things were going well with the both of them, until she asked, "What were you saying...last night in the party?"

Haru suddenly began to sweat.

"Oh, that? That's just...," Haru glanced at her, but promptly looked away when he saw her serious face.

Haru thought for a while. Why should he be scared to tell her that one phrase? Well, they've become good friends anyway...

Finally, he tried to gather enough confidence, and decided not to hesitate anymore.

"What I was really trying to say was--"

"Haru!"

The scene's tension broke.

Gale ran to him, telling him that they would be brought to his friend's house in a few minutes. Elie just stared at the man's unexpected arrival and knew that he noticed her there.

"Good morning, sir," she beamed. Gale smiled back with a greeting.

"Oh yeah, let me introduce him to you," Haru said to her. "He's my dad--"

"Please excuse us for a moment, young lady!" The man barged in as he pulled his son away from the where the startled girl was.

= =

"Haru! Why didn't you tell me you were going to meet your sexy girlfriend here?!"

His son flushed. "She's not my girlfriend! She's Elie, just a friend of mine!"

"Elie?" Gale intermitted with a serious look on his face.

"You know her?"

"...Just now when you told her name to me."

Haru sweatdropped.

"I thought her name was rather familiar...,"

= =

"Sorry about that, Elie. As I was saying, he's Gale Glory, my dad," the cinder-haired lad continued. "Dad this is Elie."

"That's right! Why don't you come with us, Elie? Do you have the time?" Gale invited.

"S-sure..."

= = = = =

The three visitors stepped out from a gallant black limousene as a huge mansion awaited them before their eyes.

The guardian and main butler of the house went our and welcomed the expected guests.

"Welcome to Master Gale Rareglove's house."

"Rareglove?!" Haru and Elie exclaimed in chorus.

"Didn't I mention it? My friend's name is Gale Rareglove. But I usually call him King," Haru's dad cleared.

"Then this would definitely mean that Lucia's here...,' Haru muttered to himself.

END OF CHAPTER 9

*A/N: Its collar style is kinda like Squall's jacket. But I got this idea from a pic of Haru (wearing that pink coat) and Plue by Mashima-san.^_^

If you'd like to give some more comments, email me at

micchan_18@yahoo.com

^_^