Gundam Seed Destiny Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nightmares

This fic contains some minor OOCness, light shounen-ai and lots of brotherly love. My disclaimer is at the end of the story.

Nobody remembered who suggested it, but the guys soon found themselves having slumber parties, despite living under the same roof already. In one room, Tracey Sketchit was trying to keep Morimura Tenma, Yzak Joule and Kyo Sohma from killing each other with almost little success; in another room Genjo Sanzo was resisting the urge to shoot Duo Maxwell while Rey Za Burrel paid them no heed. Sha Gojyo and Sanji were taking peeks in magazines I will not describe; Xellos Metallium, Cho Hakkai, Athrun Zala, Chrono and Abe no Yasuaki were conversing about their worlds/timelines and seeing if they could find similarities between all of their groups; and Son Goku, Kira Yamato and Eisen were just having a friendly conversation, Goku often complaining about being hungry.

It was later in the night when all were asleep that it happened…a scream suddenly broke out in (what I call) the Houshi room, startling Goku and Eisen. They saw Kira in his sleeping bag screaming out in angst. Goku was rather worried, he knew what could be bothering Kira. Eisen was worried as well, of course, but he wasn’t aware of the cause of the co-ordinator’s distress. Eisen switched on the light while Goku knelt beside Kira and held his shoulder, repeatedly telling him to wake up.
Kira opened his frightened and stricken violet eyes and sat up sharply, causing Goku to fall backwards.
“Are you alright, Kira-san?” Eisen asked quietly as he knelt beside Goku.
Kira turned to his side. He smiled slightly. “Eisen, Goku, I’m sorry if I disturbed you.”
Goku sat up. “Kira, were you having a nightmare about the Bloody Valentine war?”
Kira turned away and nodded. “I felt like I was in the Strike…and Athrun and I were fighting…” Tears filled his eyes at the memory.
“Kira-san, it was just a nightmare,” Eisen whispered.
Kira shook his head. “No, it’s not.”
Goku placed a hand on Kira’s back and started to rub the co-ordinator’s spine gently to offer comfort. “It really had happened.”
Eisen’s eyes widened in shock. He knew how close Kira and Athrun were, he knew that they had been best friends since they were children, but that was all he’d known until tonight. He couldn’t even imagine half of the pain Kira was feeling at being reminded of nearly killing his best friend. Tears welled in his own eyes.
Goku could almost understand how Kira felt. When he was the Seiten Taisei, he would attack anything that moved…he nearly even killed his friends each time. He felt Kira tremble and knew the young man was weeping. He slowly pulled Kira into a warm hug. “Athrun is still alive, Kira, he’s alright. Right now he’s sleeping in the same room as Hakkai and Yasuaki and them.”
“Athrun set the self-detonation device on the Aegis…but in my recollection, I was doing so and I left in time to escape the explosion, but Athrun…I killed him!”
“That recollection was only a nightmare in that respect.”
Kira looked up at Goku and saw understanding in his golden eyes.
“But, it’s like I said, Athrun is still alive. Hey, we’ll even go see him right now if it will make you feel better.”
Eisen looked down. “But, wouldn’t Yasuaki-dono be upset if you did?”
“I’ve dealt with a pissed-off Sanzo many times…this would really help Kira if he could see Athrun is still alive.”
The monk blushed when Goku cursed. “Alright then.”
So, with assistance from the other two, Kira got to his feet and the three of them made their way to (what I call) the Ishida room.

Hakkai was always a light sleeper, but that was nothing compared to Xellos who didn’t need to sleep. The monster priest heard the knock on the door. ‘Now, who could that be at this time?’ He floated to the door so as not to stand on his sleeping companions and opened it. “My, if it isn’t Goku, Kira and Eisen.”
“I apologise if we disturbed you,” Eisen whispered.
Hakkai, Athrun, Chrono and Yasuaki (who were all used to sleeping lightly in case danger struck as they slept) all sat up in their sleeping bags. Hakkai placed his monocle over his right eye.
Kira sighed with relief when he saw Athrun. He carefully entered the room, making sure not to step on anyone, as he made his way to the younger co-ordinator.
“What’s going on?” Chrono yawned.
Athrun noticed the wet trails on Kira’s cheeks. He took the boy’s wrists and pulled him closer. “Kira, what’s the matter?”
Kira replied by snuggling against Athrun’s chest and wrapping his arms around his best friend. “Thank goodness…”
Athrun returned the embrace more firmly. Now he knew what was wrong. He looked up at Goku and mouthed ‘thank you’ before looking back down at Kira as the older boy started to cry again. “Kira, what happened?”
“I…I k-killed you…” He relayed his nightmare.
All in the room heard Kira announce what was bothering him so horribly. Yasuaki noticed Eisen looked distressed so he gestured for him to sit with him. The young monk accepted the invite and sat beside Yasuaki, resting his head against the older man’s shoulder. He felt arms wrap around him.
Hakkai got to his feet and walked over to Goku. He lead the boy out of the room so they could talk. “Goku, you did the right thing bringing Kira in to see Athrun.”
“Thanks. I remembered one time I was upset with my memories of being Seiten Taisei and in my nightmare I had killed Sanzo. But, when I went into his room and saw him sleeping, I felt relieved.”
“You, Athrun and Kira all know how it feels to nearly harm those close to you. The only difference is while we were lucky enough to come out of it with not-too-serious injuries, Kira and Athrun both believed they had killed each other. It really is no surprise that their nightmares would consist of them actually doing so.” He smiled slightly. “Maybe it would be best for all of you to join our little slumber party…Kira needs Athrun by his side more than ever right now, and I’m certain Athrun feels the same. Eisen is rather upset about this so only Yasuaki can console him. And this might bring about unpleasant memories for you as well. I heard a number of shots coming from Sanzo, Duo and Rey’s room so I do not think it would be safe for you to rest there; nor would it be safe in Sanji and Gojyo’s room considering the material they read.”
Goku nodded. “Thanks for the invitation, Hakkai.”

Kira had finally calmed, but didn’t want to leave Athrun’s side in fear that the nightmare might return. That was when Goku and Hakkai announced the plan of allowing the other three to sleep in their room as well. Chrono didn’t mind, he just wanted to sleep (Rosette Christopher was going to the shops and would make him carry everything…what a woman…), Yasuaki was more than happy to allow Eisen to stay with him, Athrun agreed it would be better for Kira’s emotional wellbeing that night and Xellos just agreed without saying much, aside from ‘this could be fun’. So the lights went out and eyes closed. Kira snuggled closer to Athrun absentmindedly, remembering their youthful days in which they would nap together. Eisen and Yasuaki had their arms around each other. Hakkai held Goku protectively, as if to fend nightmares away from the one he thought of as a little brother. Chrono slept peacefully, not worrying too much about the shopping trip coming up in a few hours. Xellos just kept watch over all of them. Monster or not, he would protect them at all cost, even though it was not commanded from the higher-ups in the mazoku hierarchy. No more nightmares struck that night. Even if they started to, all Kira had to do was open his eyes to see Athrun’s peaceful expression as he slept.
To most the scene may have been questionable, but while Yasuaki and Eisen were indeed lovers, the others had a more brotherly relationship and would protect the ones they held dear.

The End

Sorry about the OOCness in some points. But thanks for reading this fic which came into my mind at 2am when I should’ve been in bed. I do not own any of the characters, the ones who do own them are as follows…
Tracey Sketchit (Pokemon)-Satoshi Tajiri
Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket)-Natsuki Takaya
Athrun Zala, Kira Yamato, Yzak Joule, Rey Za Burrel (Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny---Rey's in Destiny only)-Hajime Yatate and Yoshiyuki Tomino
Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)-Hajime Yatate
Sanji (One Piece)-Eiichiro Oda
Xellos (The Slayers)-Hajime Kanzaka
Genjo Sanzo, Son Goku, Sha Gojyo and Cho Hakkai (Saiyuki)-Kazuya Minekura
Chrono, Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)-Daisuke Morikawa
Morimura Tenma, Eisen, Abe no Yasuaki (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyo Sho~)-Tooko Mizuno
To those who didn't quite get the little joke...the guys were all in rooms assigned by who their seiyuu is. Tracey/Kenji, Kyo, Yzak and Tenma are voiced by Tomokazu Seki; Sanzo, Duo and Rey are voiced by Toshihiko Seki; Sanji and Gojyo are voiced by Hiroaki Hirata; Kira, Goku and Eisen are voiced by Souichirou Houshi; and Hakkai, Xellos, Chrono, Athrun and Yasuaki are voiced by Akira Ishida.
Once again, thank you for reading. Please be so kind as to review and not flame. Constructive criticism would be helpful and is most welcome.