Gundam Seed Destiny Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Musica ❯ Texture of the Background Music ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own GSD/GS or any of its characters.
 
 
Musica Chapter Three: The Texture of the Background Music
 
As Lacus shook hands with him, she saw anger in his eyes. She knew that it wasn't intended to her but to whom she asked herself.
 
“Kira, I know our arrival is quite sudden but I was hoping you can show us just one of your works” Athrun said. He wanted to see for himself how good Kira was.
 
Kira failed to answer him. He was having a hard time talking and even looking at Athrun.
He just stared at the floor-avoiding Athrun and everyone in the room. He didn't want them to see the anger in his eyes but Lacus already saw it.
 
“Mr. Yamato, is there something wrong?” Lacus asked hoping that somehow an answer or maybe a hint maybe heard.
 
Still, Kira was silent although there were things going on in his mind.
“If I start this, there's no turning back.”
 
“It seems you're not decided yet…or… should I say not yet confident of your work.”
Athrun got irritated of Kira's silence. He was able to understand if he was not yet ready but ignoring Lacus was a bit too much.
 
Athrun faced Yzak and said, “Composing needs confidence. It was a mistake looking only at mere talent.”
 
Yzak took Athrun's words as an insult not to Kira but to him. It irritated him a bit.
 
“Athrun, you know me very well. Although sometimes I get carried away with my words and actions, I'm extra careful with anything about everything concerning music. I'm pretty sure you heard Nicol's opinion about Kira as well. We would not have recommended him if he did not meet our high standards.
 
Athrun made a frowned face after realizing Yzak was not yet going to stop.
 
“Further more—“ He was cut off.
 
“Please excuse me for a moment. I'll just go and get one of my works.” Kira suddenly spoke.
 
“I'm very sorry for my rudeness Ms. Clyne. I hope you understand that this offer is very sudden”
 
“NO… No… not at all. Please hurry up. I'am eager to hear one of your songs.” Lacus assured him that it was all right and gave him a smile.
 
Kira found Lacus as a nice person and returned the smile.
“Then excuse me for a while.” Kira went out without giving consideration to Athrun and Yzak's presence.
 
Athrun, realizing his immaturity, apologized to his friend. Yzak on the other hand, handed a glass of wine as if nothing happened.
 
 
 
 
 
“+” ”+”
It was natural for a conservatory to have lockers for its students. Ignoring the facilities and the best of professors, the lockers were enough to say that studying there was expensive. The lockers did not have keyholes nor padlocks to secure brilliant or average sheet music, personal belongings or even love letters. A swap of a valid ID was enough. Kira proved to us that. He swapped his ID, the lens went green and it opened.
He took a brown envelope from his locker. He handled it with deep care. Inside of it was the sheet music—song he was about to show Athrun and Lacus. Also, inside was a picture of a family. There were three children. The youngest had a black hair and pale skin. He was between two of his seemed to be older siblings. The older siblings had the same clothes—white shirt; same accessories—black leather bracelet. The other had a dark brown hair and the other was blonde. They were about fourteen to fifteen years old. Behind the children were two adults that seemed to be their parents. Anyone who would have seen that picture will feel the happiness expressed by the family's smiles and would have eventually shared it but Kira's lips failed him. Instead, his eyes were covered with sadness. Tears would have fell from his eyes if he didn't bit his lip to suppress them.
“+”
 
 
“+”
The sound of cheap hearsay kept the air in the funeral such an unpleasant place to stay especially for the ones who were left behind by a love one. Those inconsiderate people kept on talking—whispering to each other. They talked about such awful things about the dead man. Things that were not full of truths nor full of lies.
 
“Poor family…” a woman said to another while covering her lips with her hand.
 
“I heard he worked too hard for is son's medical care.” answered the other.
 
“He pushed himself to his limit.”
 
“If it were not for his sick son this wouldn't have happened.” The other woman's voice got louder.
 
The woman noticed that the blonde teen who seemed to be a relative of the dead man and who was just in front of them heard her friend.
“Shhh! Idiot… not too loud…” the woman said as if concerned for the feelings of those who were left by.
 
“IT WASN'T MY BROTHER”S FAULT!” a young boy with a black hair shouted as a river of tears fell from his eyes. He was behind the two women all the while and heard it all. At first he didn't care about what they said about his father since it was true. Actually he considered it as a compliment for his father but blaming his brother for the death of his father was too much.
 
“My brother! My brother…! He didn't want to be a burden to us! He didn't want to be a burden to Dad! It wasn't his fault! He didn't want to be “stand still” So, don't ever...ever talk about my brother like that you inconsiderate witches!” He screamed with rage.
 
The blonde went towards the boy and embraced him, not to calm him but to share what he anger and disappointment he felt at those inconsiderate women.
“+”
 
 
“Hey Kira?” A girl interrupted his thoughts.
 
“Uh” Miriallia?” Kira recognized her. It was Ms. Haw. Kira immediately hid the picture in the locker and closed it.
 
“So? How did it go?” She asked.
 
“Eh? Oh… you mean the offer. I'm still ganna show this to them.” Kira presented the envelope.
 
“You made a new one?”
 
“No… No… I made this few years before I went here.”
 
“Oh! Is that so? But why show that when you can show something new? I mean new ones should be better, right?
 
“…Actually, this is one of the best.” Kira smiled while looking at the envelope. It reminded him of someone.
 
“I see, this one… you made it with all your heart huh…” Miriallia said and smiled.
 
“I'd better go… Chow!” She gave a soldier like salute and went away.
 
Kira embraced the envelope and mumbled, “He made songs with all his heart… He always did… my brother did.”
 
 
“+”
“I apologize for my son's rudeness…” a lady approached the two women.
 
“Mom!” The boy shouted with disbelief. Why would she apologize to them?
 
“But…” She said with an angry face.
 
She continued and said “If you cant say anything good then you might as well get out! Or maybe you want me to escort you two out of here.”
 
The two inconsiderate ladies got the message and went out without daring to say anything more. Those other inconsiderate people stopped mumbling for the sake of themselves not for the family.
 
“Mom… it wasn't brother's fault…” The boy said and still, tears fell from his eyes. Even the blonde couldn't help but cry as well.
 
The mother approached the two children and gave them a tight embrace to ease their pain.
 
“During that time… she didn't shed a single tear…even when father was buried. She was a strong mother—an admirable woman. Maybe, she didn't want us to see her crying.”
 
The blonde teen left his little brother sleeping in their apartment. She left a note on the table and his breakfast as well—shimmered ham from last night and toasted bread.
It was been a week already since the burial but it was still like a freshly cut wound for them.
 
The blonde teen bought fresh apples, cup noodles and tree coffee in can. The teen walked pass by different stores and stopped at red lights while carrying the groceries with care.
A few stores away from the destination were a flower shop. The blonde immediately saw white lilies-his brother's favorite. The young teen went in after checking if the money was enough.
 
“Uhm… excuse me?” She began.
 
“White lilies are his favorite flowers. I sometimes wonder why he likes it. I sometimes teased him of that.”
 
The owner was nice enough to give the blonde teen a discount. She handed the white lilies that was carefully rapped.
 
“Thank you very much.” The blonde gave gratitude.
 
“So, who is it for? May I ask?”
 
“For… my brother… he's in the hospital.” The blonde's eyes were covered of the sad reflection of the flowers.
 
“ I see…” The lady made a compassionate face.
 
“I'm Murrue. Whenever you buy some lilies here just say you're a friend of mine and anyone who you'll find in charge that day will give you a discount. Okay?”
 
“Thanks you. Ms. Murrue. It's very nice of you.”
 
“If you bring fresh flowers for him everyday, I'm sure he'll get well.” Murrue said with a bright smile to give hope at the very least.
 
“That time, I hoped it was that easy.
That time I believed it was true.”
 
Finally, the teen was already in the hospital and was about to open the door when she heard her mother weeping.
 
“Your father just passed away. I don't know how much I can hold on. I have to work… for your siblings and for you too. So, I wont be able to go here everyday.”
She was talking to her son who was lying down the bed. He looked pale even if he was originally tan. An apparatus was in his mouth—supporting his breathing maybe. For a mother such as herself, he was just sleeping. Tears started to fell from her eyes as she caresses her son's cheek.
 
“Mom was crying. I think she was expecting you to hear her, brother.”
 
“Uzumi didn't give up on you... neither would I. So please, hold on. We will wait for you… to open you eyes…” Her tears made her vision blur as she says those words.
 
“…Kira…” She mentioned his son's name—she called him with hope.
 
“I pressed my back on the door and cried silently. I blamed myself for not being able to do anything. It was supposed to be me on that bed not you brother…”
“+” “+”
 
“+”
The sweet and lonely sound of the piano reflected his deep sadness. Each and every note played touched every one in the room especially Lacus and surprisingly, Athrun. Athrun realized that he was an idiot for underestimating him. Up to the last note, everyone paid attention to the touching song.
 
“It was beautiful… Mr. Yamato.” Lacus mumbled.
 
“…(clap)…(clap)…” Durandal started and the rest of the people in the room followed. Lacus, Athrun, Yzak, Nicol and Durandal gave the applause he deserved.
 
“Mr. Yamato… I would love to know the title of that song.” Lacus approached him with eager eyes.
 
“Shizu…Shizukana Yoruni” Kira said and stood up facing Lacus.
 
“Would you let me… sing it?” She was deeply touched by the song.
 
Kira saw them—those deeply touched eyes.
 
“That would be…an honor” he said with a true smile.
 
“Brother, let me make the world hear your songs.”
 
 
-to be continued
 
 
I'm very sorry for the late update. I'm sick right now. So the next chapter will be a little late.
Please review… REVIEWS are the enjoyment of the authors. They find inspiration from them…
And oh... if you found some errors in spellings, etc. please inform me. I couldn't check this chap. bec. of dizziness.
Thanks for reading.