Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Gundam Seed Destiny Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck ❯ Stuck ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Athrun sighed while hammering down a piece of metal onto his mobile suit (giant robot). He winced every time he heard the loud clanging sound. Out of all the times that the Justice could break, it of course had to be now. He sighed again and stopped hammering to look at his handiwork.
‘This’ll take a while,’ Athrun thought to himself. He glanced around at his companions; partly to see what they were doing, and partly to see if anyone of them were willing to help him.
The first to catch his attention was Auel because of his light blue hair. He was sitting on a bench close to the door. His eyes were closed, music blasting into his ears through the earphones of his iPod. Athrun turned his gaze to Kira and his twin Shinn. Shinn was glaring at Kira because Kira burnt his cookies. Kira, completely oblivious to that fact that he was Shinn’s objection of hate, was humming a light tune while caring for the other three mobile suits: the Abyss, the Freedom, and the Impulse.
Athrun suppressed a laugh. It’s always the same with the three other teens. As he was preparing to hear the dreaded clanging noise, the mechanical voice of the spacecraft they were in, Minerva, spoke:
“Destination within sight,” It said repeatedly.
Auel stood from the bench. He removed his earphones and grinned.
“We’re finally at the Moon!” Auel yelled happily.
All four boys floated to the control room to stop the ship.
“Last one to the Moon is a rotten egg!” Shinn yelled, throwing his hands in the air once the Minerva stopped.
Shinn, Auel, and Kira started to make their way back to the ship’s hangar while Athrun stood in place. Kira glanced over at Athrun. His aquamarine eyes tinted with confusion. He stopped the other two from going any further.
“Are you coming, Athrun?” Kira asked.
Athrun shook his head and muttered ‘no’. Auel’s eyes widened.
“Why?!” Auel screamed, “We traveled all the way from Junius 7 to get Moon Quartz! Why’re you backin’ out now?”
“Auel,” Shinn said as though he was talking to a child, “Did you forget that Athrun is repairing the Justice?”
Athrun flinched. The thought of him repairing the mobile suit without Shinn or Auel to distract him made him feel as though he was being thrown into a dark void. He managed to force a smile.
“I’m sure you can gather enough Moon Quartz for all of us.” Athrun said, inwardly patting himself on the back to congratulate himself for being the mature one.Auel sighed then floated back t the ship’s hangar with the twins following closely behind.

“Be careful,” Athrun said as he watched his friends put on their astronaut suits on, “Don’t go too near the Earth.”
“Thanks, Mom,” Shinn said sarcastically while putting on his helmet, “What kind of idiot would do such a stupid thing like that?”
Kira smiled softly as he boarded the Freedom. They all knew that they should stay away from the Earth because of its gravitational pull, but one can never be too careful.
‘Typical Athrun.’ Kira thought.
Auel remained silent as he boarded the Abyss. Shinn boarded the Impulse excitedly. Athrun waved to them then set off for the control room. When he got there, he saw each of his friends faces on the screen. He sighed, then pushed the button to open the door to let the three out.
“This is Kira,” Athrun heard Kira say, “The Freedom is launching.”
With that, Kira blasted into space. Athrun then heard Shinn’s voice.
“Shinn Asuka,” Shinn said seriously, “Impulse. Headin’ out!”
Then, Shinn set off. Auel was all there was left.
“Auel Neider, here,” Auel said, “The Abyss is blastin’ off!”
Now, the three of them were in space. The Impulse spun around in the direction the Freedom and the Abyss were heading, then quickly blasted towards them, leaving stars behind it.
“There’re a lot of meteors around,” Kira said, “As Athrun would say, ‘Be careful!’”
Athrun laughed. Then, he pressed the button for the door to close, then took off for the hangar.
The loud sound of hammer on metal filled the room. The sound bounced off the walls causing echoes of the original dreaded noise. When he felt as though the noise was gone, Athrun slowly opened his tightly shut eyes. He was almost done.
‘Just a few more hours then I’m done!’ Athrun thought happily, grinning from ear to ear.
Just as he was about to hammer down another piece of metal onto the Justice, he heard Auel’s strangled scream. Athrun dropped the hammer and quickly floated to the control room.
“What the heck happened?!” Athrun asked frantically, “Auel, what happened?!”
“Athrun!” Kira yelled, “A meteor hit the Abyss! Auel’s too close to the Earth!”
“What?!” Athrun screamed, “Try to retrieve him before he gets into the atmosphere!”
“That’s what I’m tryin’ to do!” Shinn cried, “Kira! Lend me a hand!”
The Abyss floated closer to the Earth. The moment the meteor hit it, all systems shut down. Auel was frantically trying to reboot the Abyss. Sweat trickled down his face.
“Hurry, Shinn!” Auel yelled, “I’m almost at the Earth’s atmosphere!”
Athrun pressed the button for the hangar’s door to open. Then, he quickly floated back to the hangar. He put on his astronaut suit and boarded the Justice as fast as he could.
‘It’s okay,’ He thought to himself, ‘I’m only going out for a little bit… I’ll be fine. Justice’ll manage.’
Once inside, Athrun blasted out of the Minerva. He flew as fast as he could to where the others were. He prayed that Auel would be okay when he got there. After
all, he had a way to save him.
The Abyss was on again. However, it had already started falling into the Earth. Auel frantically tried to make the Abyss rocket out of the gravitational pull, even though he knew it wasn’t possible.
‘If even for a little bit,’ He thought, ‘If I can delay my fall, maybe the others will be able to come!’
Kira and Shinn kept trying to get Auel out. They threw the mobile suits’ laser ropes to get Auel, but the moment it hit the atmosphere, it burned up. Tears stung Shinn’s ruby eyes. Sweat stained the shirt Kira was wearing underneath. They were completely out of ideas.Just as they were about to lose all hope, the heard something come up behind them. They turned to see the Justice. Both boys let out a sigh of relief. Athrun was here. When Auel saw the Justice, his eyes widened.
‘The Justice is going under repairs…’ Auel thought, ‘Why…?’
“You alright, Auel?” Athrun asked.
“Why, yes,” Auel said sarcastically, “It’s such a hot day, though.”
Athrun smirked. Leave it to Auel to have time to be sarcastic even though he’s on the brink of death.
“We’re coming!” Athrun yelled.
“How?!” Auel screamed, “I’m in the atmosphere! How in all of the PLANTS are you gonna be able to save me?! After all, your mobile suit was still going under repairs, so if you even stand near the Earth, Justice’ll collapse!”
“I have my ways.” Athrun said.
Auel remained quiet. He was almost out of gas.
‘I won’t be able to stay in place for more than five minutes.’ Auel thought bitterly.
Kira looked over to Athrun. ‘What do you have in mind, Athrun?’ He thought.
“I’m activating the Atmos Gel.” Athrun said.
Auel looked incredulously at Athrun. The Atmos Gel is something that the people from their home, Junius 7, created so that they can enter into the Earth’s atmosphere without being affected by the heat.
“How did you get that, Athrun?!” Auel yelled, somewhat happier.
Athrun looked over at him.
“I have my ways.” He repeated.
Auel sighed. That’s his answer for everything. The Justice was covered by a silvery gel, making it look like a star.
“I’m coming Auel.” Athrun said.
So then, the Justice flew down into the atmosphere and retrieved the Abyss. Auel sighed. The twins were flying around rejoicing that their friend was alright.When they got back to the Minerva, Shinn grinned at Auel.
“So, Auel,” Shinn said, “I guess you’re the kind of idiot I mentioned before we left.”
Auel playfully smacked him on the head. Then, Kira, Shinn, and Auel started laughing. When they realized that Athrun wasn’t laughing with them, they turned to him questioningly. He was looking up at the Justice, looking like he was on the verge of tears. The three looked up at the Justice. It was tattered and broken at some places.
“How long will that take to fix, Athrun?” Kira asked.
Athrun glared at him. Then, he stretched his arms up as if he just finished his work.
“Let’s go home,” Athrun said, “And let’s let the mechanics take care of the Justice.”
With that, the Minerva changed its direction to the PLANTS and they started their journey back to Junius 7.