Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Past Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And the story goes up. Chapter 1 is a flashback chapter. Read and review.

Disclaimers: I own nothing, except Merci’s sorceresses.

Chapter Summary: Merci contemplates on her past and how she came to be Chione. Meanwhile, Sailor Pluto is at the Time Gates as the girls slept, waiting for Mercury and Andromeda’s return.

Chapter 1: Past Memories

********************************************************* ************************************

After her job was done, Chione sank down on her bed, as her mind whirled back into the past.

Not even her brother; Kira Yamato knew that she was alive. The medical shuttle she was on was unfortunately caught in the crossfire during one of the battles.

Both Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala had assumed that she was dead, even though she was only listed as ‘MIA”.

The truth was, she had not died when the shuttle blew.

After floating in space for God knows how long, she was eventually picked up by a passing space port which transported her to Junius Seven.

There, she started her work all over again, healing the injured soldiers, regardless whether he was a Natural or Coordinator.

When questioned, she merely replied that she did not care which side won; she just did not want any more deaths and casualties from this meaningless war. Because of her kindness, the soldiers hailed her as ‘the second Florence Nightingale‘.

She was later transported to the Arch-Angel, where she was immediately transferred to the emergency infirmary.

And just when she thought she could finally take a breather and surprise Athrun, Merci was in for a shock when she witnessed something she should not have seen,; the kiss between Athrun and Cagalli.

In utter disbelief that Athrun could forget her this easily, Merci silently headed back to her quarters. It was only in the safety of her dark room did she let out those sobs.

Her emotions then triggered a memory release, removing the memory block that the reincarnation process brought along.

It was then when Merci found out that she was the reincarnation of the Snow Goddess, Chione. Unlike Athena who had her male Saints, Chione had her female sorceresses to aid her.

After Athrun’s betrayal, Merci had nothing left.

With her past memories restored, Merci was herded to the Snow Temple, where she resided until now.

************************************************************* **************************

At the Time Gates, Sailor Pluto looked on as Merci contemplated on her past and sighed.

The Fates had given Mercury another shot at finding her happiness, at the price of being labeled as a traitor with the girls.

After Chaos, Mercury’s starseed was sent into the future, way after Crystal Tokyo was established.

The Fates had then unlocked Mercury’s true powers, allowing her to become her past self in the Silver Millennium.

In fact, all the girls were more than Sailor Senshi. In the Silver Millennium, they were Goddesses, Warrior Goddesses. She herself was Mnemosyne, the Goddess of Memory.

Eternal Sailor Moon was Pandeia, Goddess of Moonlight; Eternal Sailor Mars was Enyo, Goddess of Fire and War; Eternal Sailor Jupiter was Chloris, Goddess of Nature; Eternal Sailor Venus was Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Beauty; Eternal Sailor Uranus was Nemesis, Goddess of Justice; Eternal Sailor Neptune was Amphitrite, Goddess of the Sea; and Eternal Sailor Saturn was Hekate, Goddess of Change and Darkness

Back then, Mercury’s lover was not Zoicite, but one of Gemini’s friends.

When Prince Endymion came to the Moon, he brought friends with him. One of them was Gemini, whom they later found out was Mercury’s long-lost brother.

The other was Andromeda. And as it was, Andromeda was Mercury’s lover.

But ‘something’ went wrong during the reincarnation process and Gemini’s party was sent to the wrong time.

What happened was no accident.

Queen Selenity aka Selene had purposely ordered that Gemini’s group be sent to the distant future, never to be reunited with the girls. She did not want Mercury to be distracted from her duty.

Another problem was Venus aka Aphrodite. As the Goddess of Love, she assumed that she could have any man she wanted, just by fluttering her eyelashes. She was also a very willful girl, who always wanted what she could not have. And the one person she could not have was Andromeda. The boy had made it very clear that he was not interested in anyone, save Chione.

Aphrodite had many a time tried to convince him that she was a better pick than Chione, but her ‘good-willed’ advice fell to deaf ears.

So, over-riding the Gods decision, Selene split the two groups up. That incurred the wrath of the High Council of the Gods and Selene paid dearly: the utopia Crystal Tokyo will not come until Mercury and Andromeda were reunited and returned to free the girls from eternal slumber.

********************************************************* *************************************

SailorStar9: And so ends Chapter 1. Read and review. Flamers will not be entertained.