Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Alternative ❯ I Hate My Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I know, I know- another story! I can’t help it if my mind won’t let me sleep at night! honestly, I’m kind of stuck on my other stories, and when I’m stuck, it helps if I write something else. So here we go.

Again.

Important: This basic setting is during episode six of Gundam: Seed. Instead of the attack on Artemis, however, ZAFT returns to the Plants, and so Kira, the civilians, and the crew of the Archangel are left in the hands of the Atlantic Confederation soldiers. The beginning of the story is two months after they arrived.

Standard Disclaimer: Sugarpony, sadly, does not own Gundam: Seed (but you’re welcome to give it to me for Christmas).

---

Alternative


Chapter One


I Hate My Life


---

It was a simple mission, in theory.

“Zala, just make sure to get your ass out of there before I toast you along with it.”

“Don’t worry, Yzak. Trust me, I’ll be moving as fast as I can.”

First, Nicol would use the Blitz’s mirage colloid to sneak into the Artemis base and take out the defensive umbrella.

“Come on, the prison hold is supposed to be down this hallway!”

“I’m right behind you, Dearka!”

Once that was done, he and Yzak (in the Duel, naturally) would proceed to destroy the Artemis base.

“Ah, damn! The thing’s encrypted-- this looks like the work of a coordinator!”

“Let me take a look at it.”

Meanwhile, Dearka and I were to infiltrate the base, rescue any and all prisoners, and bring them back to the Vesalius with us before Yzak “toasted our asses.”

“Tori!”

“What the hell’s that thing?”

“Never mind that, Dearka, it opened the lock.”

Really, as long as Nicol could persuade Yzak to give us enough time to get in and get out, the mission was relatively easy.

“Hello! Is anyone in here?”

“Over this way! Please, help us!”

It was supposed to be simple.

“What the-”

“An Earth Forces soldier?”

But I’m Athrun Zala.

“Mr. and Mrs. Yamato? !”

And things are never simple for me.

---

Athrun Zala and Dearka Elsman were both stunned as they found those who had been imprisoned at the Artemis base. To their right was a tall blond man in a white Earth Forces uniform. To their left, in separate cells, were a man and woman in civilian clothing.

Dearka, for once, was so shocked that he had no smart remark. “What the hell is an Earth Forces soldier doing as a prisoner?”

Athrun responded with a question of his own. “Here’s a better question: What are two civilians doing as prisoners?”

Dearka merely shrugged, not knowing what to say. They were silent for a few moments before he asked, “So what are we supposed to do?”

This sprung the other into action. “We do what we were ordered to do-- we rescue all prisoners and bring them back to the Vesalius. Dearka, get him. I’ll take care of the civilians.”

With that, he shot off the locks to the two cells. “Mr. and Mrs. Yamato, what are you doing here?” he asked.

Mrs. Yamato ran to her husband and burst into tears. The man studied Athrun’s face for several moments and then asked, “Athrun? Athrun Zala?”

The ZAFT soldier nodded his head. “What are you two doing here?”

Mrs. Yamato turned to him. “Oh, Athrun! It’s horrible! Kira-- they’ve got him locked up!”

Athrun’s eyes widened. “Kira?”

The Earth Forces soldier, now free of his confines, jumped into the conversation. “Yeah. They’re forcing him to work for them. You know the kid?”

Athrun nodded. “Where is he?”

At this question, Tori, which had been sitting on Athrun’s shoulder, flew over to the end of the long room and halted in front of a steel door.

“Dearka,” the blue-haired boy said, “take the civilians back to the ship in Buster. I’ll get take him, rescue Kira, and get them back in Aegis. Try to keep Yzak from blowing up the base until we’re clear, will you?”

The blond boy nodded. “Come on, you two, let’s get out of here!”

“No!” Mrs. Yamato protested. “Kira! I have to get Kira!”

Dearka caught her, dragging her towards the exit. “Don’t worry about him. Athrun’s the best; he’ll take good care of this Kira person.”

“But....”

The older man, however, faced his wife. “Come on. Athrun will make sure Kira’s all right. He won’t let anything else happen to him. We have to get out of here.”

The woman nodded, and, reluctantly, the couple followed the teenage coordinator to the awaiting Gundam.

Athrun, meanwhile, followed the robot bird to the opposite end of the room. Once he reached the door, he turned to the bird. “You don’t happen to know the access code for this one, too, do you?”

Tori merely cocked his head to the side and chirped.

“Don’t worry, kid,” the blond man said, drawing attention to himself. “It’s 873-0028.”

Athrun nodded and typed in the code, and the door slid open.

He gasped as he saw what was inside.

Bound to a steel table, face down, laid Kira. He was shirt less, and his back was bleeding profusely, covered in deep cuts. MONSTER, they read. CREATURE. THING. INHUMAN. Even more words were carved into his flesh, completely covering his back.

Kira tensed and started to quiver as he heard the blond man’s footsteps walk over to him. “Don’t worry, kid,” he said. “We’re getting you out of here.”

“Lt. La Flaga?” he asked.

“Yeah. We’re being rescued.” La Flaga undid the metal bindings and carefully picked Kira up off of the table. Kira’s eyes were glossed over, and they went in and out of focus.

“Athrun?”

The blue-haired coordinator nodded. “Yeah. It’s me, Kira.” He walked over to him and the blond and struck into action. “You- La Flaga, was it? (The natural nodded.) Put him on my back and follow me.”

The lieutenant did as instructed, and the two raced out of the prison hold, Tori flying after them.

When they reached the Aegis, Athrun instructed La Flaga to climb in the cockpit behind the seat, and he did as asked. The coordinator then jumped in himself and, Kira sitting on his lap and Tori perched on his shoulder, took off from the Artemis base.

As he flew past the Duel and Blitz, he heard Yzak?s smart remark of “Finally! It took you long enough, Zala!” (which he ignored), and headed towards the Vesalius.

As he glanced at his long time friend, who was in terrible pain and fighting unconscienceness, he could only think of one thing.

I hate my life.

---

AN: Wow! Two updates in one day! Okay. To explain some things. First of all, there is absolutely NO YOAI in ANY of my fics. Just friendship. Second, I’m no good at romance anyway. Sorry. KK? KK. Next-- how did I fit three people in a Gundam? In the second episode of Gundam: Seed, Kira is behind the seat of the Strike. So yes, there is room. I know it’s pretty confusing right now, but everything will be explained in the next chapter-- why Muu was in the prison, where everyone else is, why Kira’s parents are there, the thing with Kira’s back.... So yeah. I’ll get to work on that soon. Merry Christmas, y’all! Please review, or you don’t get any updates!

~Sugarpony