Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Athrun's Kitty Cat ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Athrun's Kitty Cat

By: Sakura Lena Yuy (a.k.a Mitsuko)

Disclaimer: I do not the characters of Gundam SEED.

"Happy Birthday Athrun," Dearka and Kira shouted over the loud music.

Athrun nodded his thanks as Dearka shoved another drink into his hand. "Bottoms up buddy."

Athrun looked wearily at the tankard in his hand before swallowing its contents. He quickly turned away from the bar in hopes of keeping his two companions from slipping another drink in his hand. Kira and Dearka coned the young pilot into having a little birthday celebration. Athrun knew that their intentions were well, but he already planned things for the evening. He looked at his watch and shook his head in disbelief.

"She's going to kill me," he whispered under his breathe.

Kira raised his eyebrow hearing the muttered comment. Both he and Dearka turned to blue haired pilot.

"Who's going to kill you?"

Athrun dropped his shoulders in defeat. Leave it to coordinators to hear everything they shouldn't, he thought sadly.

"Let me guess," Dearka replied. "You're little kitty cat."

"Kitty cat," Kira repeated questioningly.

"No one," Athrun shouted defensively. "There's no kitty cat."

Kira eyed Athrun curiously. "If it's no one why are you so edgy?"

"Maybe you're better off being maimed by your kitty cat, than having to deal with him," Dearka muttered into his cup.

"Athrun what does Dearka mean by that?"

Athrun suppressed the rage of killing Dearka, and tried to focus on an answer for Kira. As he tried to think of something to say he felt his communicator vibrate and ran away from Kira before responding.

"I know I'm late, but your brother is holding me hostage," he quickly answered.

"Well you're a capable coordinator. I'm certain that you can get out his grasp and if not I'm leaving."

"No, no, no, no," Athrun pleaded. "I'll be there very soon. Don't leave please."

"Be quick."

"Thank…hello," Athrun sighed in distress.

Athrun assess the situation, and realized he had two plans of action. He could return to a very curious Kira and a very talkative Dearka to excuse himself or simply run and face the consequences tomorrow. Either way he was in trouble.

"Screw Kira; I'll deal with him tomorrow but right now I'm getting the present I deserve," Athrun murmured as he rushed out.

"Damn! He chose the kitty cat," Dearka shouted when he noticed Athrun dash into the hallway. "He always chooses the kitty cat."

"Who is the kitty cat?"

Dearka turned to Kira and grasped his shoulder. "You haven't heard about the kitty cat."

Kira shook his and felt the knot in the pit of stomach. He had an assumption who the kitty cat was, and now he was certain. Dearka took another sip of his drink and locked his arm around Kira's shoulders.

"Ah! The kitty cat. I remember how she got that name too. You know she mews, yeah all the time."

"Mews," Kira repeated in horror. "Where do you hear her mew, wait I don't want to know."

It was too late, Dearka was already finishing his sip to answer the question. "In the office, his apartment, his car, hell she mews everywhere."

Kira started to hum to himself in hopes not to catch anymore of Dearka's words. But sadly Dearka just spoke louder to compensate. "She has a little collar with a bell that he bought her."

"Collar…bell," Kira muttered not wanting to hear anything else.

"Yup. Athrun bought it because she always hides from him. This way he could always find her no matter where she hides."

Kira's eyes widen in disbelief. "Why does she hide?"

Dearka shrugged his shoulders. "No one knows, but Athrun wants to make sure he keeps track of her. I mean anyone would want her she's so cute with her blonde hair and little bell."

Kira felt like he slammed against a wall. "Wait you've seen her."

"We all have. You know she does the cutest thing too. Anytime someone comes by Athrun's apartment she sticks up her tail and shakes her bottom."

"He leaves her naked," Kira's was losing his mind.

"Well kitty cats don't wear clothes. And she loves to be naked, she always tugging at her collar."

Kira saw red. "How could he…some best friend he is…wait till I get my hands on him…he's a dead man."

Later that night…

"Cagalli," Athrun called out. "Here, kitty kitty. Damn it where is she."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, as he walked to the door he found a collar with a bell. "Damn cat, she's going to get lost one of these days."

Athrun opened the door to find a fuming, nearly berserk Kira on the other side. Before he could brace himself Kira slammed him into the wall. Athrun could barely breathe because of the way Kira grasped his shirt. Athrun tired to move away, but Kira just held on tighter.

"Where is she? Where's Cagalli?"

Athrun's eyes opened in disbelief. "Hold do you know," he gasped.

"I know everything. Now where is she?"

"Don't know…I…can't find her. See," he held up the collar.

When Kira saw the collar with silver bell, he punched Athrun in the face so hard he fell to the floor. "So it true, you have her wearing a bell."

Athrun shook his head to get the sting of the punch off. "Yeah, cats wear bells."

Athrun quickly regretted saying that. Kira kicked him in the gut before straddling him and punching several times. Finally Athrun caught his breathe and threw Kira off and began punching as well.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you so crazy about a cat?"

Every time Kira heard Athrun say cat so carelessly, it fueled his rage even further. Before him stood his best friend whom he cared for greatly calling his little sister a cat. Cagalli deserved better, Cagalli deserved a man that would not treat her like a common house pet.

The two continued to fight furiously around the living room. Finally Kira and Athrun slammed into one another so hard they knocked the wind out of each other. As they tired to catch their breath, they heard a click of heels in the hall.

"Oy! Athrun," Cagalli called.

Before either of them could answer she walked into the living room dressed in a black dress and with a large blonde cat in her arms.

"Cagalli! You found her sweetheart," Athrun exclaimed.

"What the hell happened here," Cagalli looked at the two of them.

"You really have a cat," Kira questioned in disbelief.

Athrun slowly nodded. "Yes Cagalli gave me her a few months ago."

Kira shook his head. "So the bell, you use it to keep track of her?"

"Yes."

"Oy, Kira are you all right," Cagalli questioned as she placed the cat on the floor.

Kira started to laugh uncontrollably. "So what's her name Cagalli?"

"Yeah, Cagalli thought it would be cute."

"So there's Cagalli my sister and the Cagalli the cat," Kira shouted in laughter. "Wow and here I was so worried."

"Kira," Cagalli and Athrun responded wearily.

Kira stood up and dusted his pants as he continued to laugh. He walked over to the door and shook his head again. "Sorry about that Athrun, hmmm, forgot to give you you're birthday punches earlier."

Cagalli and Athrun nodded slowly, and looked at each other questioningly.

"Oy Cagalli."

"Yeah," Cagalli and Athrun tensed up.

"You never wore bells for this dummy have you?"

Cagalli looked at Kira. "No! But that's none of you're business."

"Kira, why are you asking that," Athrun cautiously asked.

Kira shook his head and waved his hand as he walked out the door. "Nothing it was just something Dearka said."