Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Child ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And so, IT begins…
 
Chapter 1: Awakening
 
February 14, C.E. 70
 
Her eyebrows twitched.
 
She was feeling uneasy. It was like something huge is about to happen yet she didn't know what. The computer terminal that perpetually monitored her started scribbling hundreds of jagged lines on the monitor, drawing the attention of the two lab assistants, Michael Holes and Brian Cowell, who are on duty.
 
By that many extreme jagged lines running through the monitor at the same time, it would mean that there is something wrong with her. They approached the computer terminal immediately and started hitting on the keyboards to determine the cause. When all enquires, except one, returned to naught, indicating that both her brain and body is functioning well, they decided to turn to her directly for the answers. “What's wrong?”
 
Then they stand back and stared at the replying monitor that interprets her brain waves.
 
Approximately ten seconds passed before they realized she has no intention to respond at all. The two lab assistants looked at each other in question. It was apparent she has a problem, most likely an emotional one, as the computer stated, but she wasn't telling.
 
They decided to probe further.
 
“Please tell us.” Brian probed.
 
The monitor remained blank.
 
“It's important we should know what's going on with you. Please.” Brian said, not giving up.
 
Still, the monitor that linked her with them remained blank. But barely five seconds later, slow wavy lines started forming across the screen. The two quickly set to decode it and it read `Where is Gladys?'
 
“Dr. Whitley is attending an important meeting today. She won't come today. You can tell us your problem.”
 
There was another five seconds hesitation before she responds again. `Samantha?'
 
“She has a test to study. She won't be here today too. You can tell us your problem. We can help you.”
 
Silence was their answer.
 
“I think we better give Dr. Whitley a call.” Brian suggested upon turning away from the now stagnant screen.
 
Michael nodded in agreement. As they shuffled to their duties, her head started throbbing. The something huge she felt is about to happen… anytime… soon.
 
Her body began to feel light, so light that even the slightest movement proved to be a challenge. The mouth tried to speak, but the throat was so dry, nothing came out of it. The mumblings close to her were muffled, as if her ears were covered with a layer of plastic.
 
“She isn't answering. Perhaps she switched her cellular phone to silent mode for the meeting. But I've informed the others.” Brian informed, and placed the receiver back on the phone attached on the wall.
 
“So what are we going to do now? The lines are getting extreme by the second!” Michael exclaimed.
 
The screen that monitored her began drawing fast jagged lines that started to look like vertical thin lines, a sign that she was getting emotionally unstable. She also started fidgeting, a sight that the lab assistants never saw before.
 
Michael started panicking. “What's wrong with her? Why is she moving? She's not supposed to move!”
 
“Chill, Michael!” Brian snapped, and began pounding on the keyboards to calm her down but the lines just got all the more jagged.
 
It was getting harder and harder for her to breathe. Something within her was closing in on her, suffocating her. Something within her suddenly strikes her like a bolt of lighting across a dark horizon with an unimaginable BOOM!
 
Her eyes snapped open at the deadly explosion she heard in her head and the two lab assistants in front of her jumped.
 
“She's awake!” Michael cried out, dropping his pen and analysis report in his hands.
 
“Shit! It couldn't be!” Brian mumbled, faltering.
 
She sucked in mouth after mouth of breath, her emerald pearls scanning aimlessly around at the same time feeling this unknown anguish coursing through every nerve of her body. Tears started flowing uncontrollably down her flushed cheeks.
 
The two of them lunged to pin her down, arms and legs, when she started to move. A moment of disorientation stuck her when their grips became downright painful. Her heart pounded furiously against her bare naked chest when she suddenly found infinite strength to resist their confinement. She struggled free, punched and elbowed the two, and lunged for her way out, tearing the tubes plastered on her body as she goes. She yelped out in pain and faltered when she felt the tearing but nonetheless, searches for the escape with her frantic emerald eyes. But when she saw everything around her was white, white and white, her hysteria doubled. She whirled around instinctively only to see her captors getting to their feet.
 
Michael was rubbing his nose disdainfully whilst Brian held out her hand to her.
 
“Calm down, girl. Just take it easy.” Brian cajoled at the same time advancing his way slowly towards her. “We will not hurt you.”
 
Her uncertain emerald eyes flickers from one lab assistant to another as she stepped back, her instinct warning her it was a lie.
 
Michael glared at her. “You damned Coordinators…”
 
A frown crossed her delicate face at the remark. Coordinators? What the hell?
 
“Michael!” Brian barked, willing his colleague with his desperate eyes not to utter provoking words. After all, their experiment looked unstable enough to commit the unimaginable.
 
And they can't afford to lose her, for she is the mother of all the experiments they have been conducting.
 
Brian turned his attention back to her, looking at her straight in the eyes. “We will not hurt you.” He repeated, and stretches his hand further towards her. “Now, give me your hand.”
 
She narrowed her eyes and stepped back further instead, hands clasped together at her bared naked chest, which was barely concealed by her knee-length tousled violet hair.
 
Upon seeing her contrary reaction, Brian changes his moves. He throws his hands up as if in surrender. “Ok! Just stay where you are! Just stay where you are.”
 
For a moment, the three of them stood unmoved in a triangle. But she perked up when she caught the flickering of their eyes behind her. She whirled around and startled herself as well as the three other lab assistants behind her. All of them started to pounce on her at the same time. She was locked on the neck, the arms and the legs within seconds. She struggled, but they proved to be stronger. She screamed, but was immediately gagged.
 
A shadow loomed over her and she ceased her struggling with her head shot up.
 
Michael was having this nasty smirk while holding up a syringe in his hands.
 
Somehow, it dawned on her that the syringe in his hands was a bad thing - That it was going to harm her.
 
Her sea-green eyes brimmed with anger and more tears as she clenched her fists and gritted her teeth, trying her utmost effort to struggle free of their strong grips. But the more she struggles, the stronger their grips were on her. When Michael bended over to her, she stiffened, the color drained from her flushed face and her heart pounded so furiously against her chest that she thought it was going to explode. As the syringe nears her arm, as they thought they got her, all of them was hurled across the laboratory at the same time - By her.
 
When she saw them down on all fours, she raced to the retanglar hole for refuge. It wasn't there before but she couldn't care less. She has to get out of this damned place, that is all that matters.
 
Her trembling hands fumbled instinctively at the various buttons forcefully once she was inside. When the door shut close on their faces, she heaved a sign of relief and slumped against the cold hard wall for comfort, thinking she was finally safe.
 
For now.
 
+Destiny's Child+
 
The lab assistants cursed and sweared as they scrambled to trigger the alarm. The lift was the only entrance and exit that stretches six hundred feet under sea through an underground tunnel to their main labatory complex on ground. Here was a extended chamber that only a few of the higher powers know.
 
But all that was not important now.
 
Their VIP had escaped.
 
Which all Hell will break loose if it is known that Alix Zala exists.