Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed Alternative ❯ The Beginning of the Ultimate Life ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

-Venturing through Galaxies: Gundam Seed Alternative-
 
-Disclaimer: I don't own any elements of Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny and other anime series mentioned in this fan fiction. Please be reminded.-
 
-Notes from the Author: Set before, between and after Gundam Seed, this is a story based on a man who is destined to change the course of the history of Gundam Seed. This prologue will explain how he become a soldier of the Greenland Federation and become one of the universe's strongest mobile suit pilots. Elements of Astray & Destiny may be included as well...
 
Please read & review… Tell me what you think about this story…
 
-Prologue: The Beginning of the Ultimate Life-
 
-30th June Cosmic Era 53, 2:00pm-
-Mendel Colony, Lagrange 4-
 
30th June, Cosmic Era 53, two months since the successful assassination of George Glenn, two spaceships from the United States of South America arrives in Mendel Colony. They docked at a secret and hidden space station near this commercialized colony, attempting to infiltrate into its municipality through there. The space station which has been hidden using a concealment system, greeted the captain of the Nelson-Class battleship, Kismet, alongside his Drake-Class escort ship, Gardner, welcoming him to its vicinity. The person in charge of Gene 12 made sure that his guests are well informed about the current situation in Mendel Colony before they can get on with their work.
 
“Welcome to Mendel Colony, Major Char Aznable… It is agreeable that you are here to accomplish that task…”
 
“Yes, I am… Do you have the information I need?” Captain William Schumacher immediately handed an electronic notebook to the infamous `Red Comet', allowing him to examine. The information within this miniature computer told him about the location of a building that facilitates genetic manipulation and some of its employee details. Thanking William for his help, Char and his men made their way to the Distance Transportation Platform, hoping to start their mission as soon as possible. This transportation device will take them straight down to the metropolis where the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility can be sought. It did not take long for them to reach the city.
 
-30th June Cosmic Era 53, 3:00pm-
-Mendel City, Mendel Colony, Lagrange 4-
 
Once they are there, Char and his followers marched on using the map directions displayed on the electronic notebook to find the desired facility. After venturing back and fro within the city, Char manages to direct his focus on the correct route, hoping that he will not make a mistake in reading the map again.
 
Char Aznable, like anyone would know, is a well decorated soldier in the world of Universal Century where mobile suits have already been introduced as an instrument of war. Char has a long history of battles in his military career and have created aliases to hide his true identity. Initially, he is fighting for Principality of Zeon to fight against the Earth Federation, earning the title of `Red Comet' during the infamous battle of Loum. After the One Year War ended, he joins the Anti Earth Union Group (AEUG), taking on the alias of Quattro Bajeena. Lastly, he reveal his real name as Cassoval Rem Daikun, the son of Zeon Zum Deikun, creating his own movement named Neo Zeon to fulfill the belief of his father Zeon Zum Deikun who deem that humanity's destiny is to migrate into space and begin a new stage of human evolution. Although rumors spread that the true purpose of creating Neo Zeon is to take revenge on Amuro Ray, Char supposedly has completed his journey as a misguided soldier who lived in the world of Universal Century. He was to be forgotten for all eternality like many did when a rare chance came to him in a form of a super human. Someone from The Association, a military group created by the holy power of faith and religion to maintain the delicate balance between worlds and protect the destined path of time, space and history, sought the 33 year old veteran soldier sometime after his fateful duel with Amuro Ray. He was given an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join this sacred military force, promising him eternal life and fulfillment of a desire of his own if he agrees. Char has reservations about this unlikely deal at first. But after stating his desire to this certain individual, he got what he wishes, his own kingdom in the Universal Century named the Kingdom of Char. Since he was granted this, there is no other choice but to fulfill the conditions that The Association wanted him to accept, becoming a First Class Agent of its organization. Char has just arrived in the world of Cosmic Era only a few months to familiarize the current situation in Cosmic Era before given his first mission which is what he is doing today. As he is a very adaptable person, there should not be a problem for him to get used to this.
 
Returning back to his search for Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility, Char and his men were able to see it right before their eyes. Walking along the boulevard that leads them to it, Char proceeded to think about what they will need to find out about the facility before taking harsh methods to get what they want.
 
“My first mission is to steal the research materials of Project Ultimate Coordinator and capture any complete specimen that I can find… I am informed that the very first Ultimate Coordinator is to be completed in three days' time… I cannot imagine such things happening in my world… This is just what my father has said… However, human evolution through genetic manipulation isn't quite accepted by everyone… Well, at least the Blue Cosmos doesn't find this desirable…” Char shook his head in disappointment, understanding that what those scientists are doing here truly desired to secure the very existence of future mankind.
 
Despite the fact that it is forceful and unnatural, this may be needed. Unforeseen situations may fall unpredictably and make ordinary people unable to live. If they were to be made adaptable to those situations through such methods, life will be able to continue. However, people's faith on their religious treats this as an unholy act and should have let nature take its course. Char agree. However, it is better to play safe than sorry. If nature is unable to take its course before anything drastic happen, it will be regretful to know that life end then. For the sake of tomorrow, this should be done to an extent that human selfishness will not affect the ultimate cause of human evolution.
 
As Char and his men continued to make their way towards the facility, Char cannot help but notice a young woman wearing a white robe approaching them from the opposite direction. She seemed to be crying with reddish patches on her left cheek. Char can assume that someone must have slapped her moments ago, causing her to be in a state of mixed emotions. She was staggering on the walkway of this boulevard, ignoring his presence before knocking onto Char. The young woman stared at Char with a stunned yet apologetic look, lowering her head while walking past him without saying a word. Char took this short period of contact to read the name tag on her white robe, realizing that she is a scientist from the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility. As far as he can remember, Char noticed her face on his electronic notebook a while ago, judging that she is somewhat involved with Project Ultimate Coordinator. An idea instantaneously brightened up in his mind.
 
“Wait a second, Via Hibiki… May I can have a word with you?” Exclaiming before his astonished subordinates as well as the young female scientist, Char walked towards Via, asking for some time with him. Via looked at Char, wondering how he knew about her.
 
“Who are you? I don't remember meeting you before… How did you know my name?”
 
“Well, Mrs. Hibiki … Your name tag there tells me that you are a scientist working in the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility. I knew you are someone who is vastly involved in Project Ultimate Coordinator as well… If you would, let's have a talk, shall we?” Completely incredulous by what she has heard from Char, she has never knew anyone beside her peers who is aware of Project Ultimate Coordinator, wondering how he manages to find out. Realizing that she might be in danger, Via refused abruptly, and hoping to leave before anything happen to her.
 
“No… I refuse… I have no reason to talk to you… Leave me alone!!!”
 
“Do not be hostile towards us, Mrs. Hibiki… We have no desire to harm you… All I want is a conversation… If you want to know why, it is about your future son…” Via was about to walk away from them briskly when Char surprised her with his words again, stunning the young scientist. Via turned around, staring at him as she want to know more.
 
“My son… What are you talking about?”
 
“If I may, let's go to that restaurant over there… I will explain everything to you in detail…” Although Via is suspicious, she was rather interested in what Char would want to say about her future son. She knew very well that she has no children in existence although she is married. As she has voluntarily donated her ovum towards Project Ultimate Coordinator, she figured out that Char was talking about her unlikely first child who would to be its final product. She was never told that the Project Ultimate Coordinator is at its final phase, wondering whether Char has lying to her. However, she assumed that the `Red Comet' is not someone who likes to play tricks on others for leisure, judging by his firm behavior towards this matter. After they have found some seats within the restaurant and allow Char to dismiss his men, the two began their conversation that will determine the fate of the universe's first Ultimate Coordinator.
 
“Let me introduce myself first, Mrs. Hibiki.. I am Major Char Aznable, Captain of Northland Union Group, governed directly by United States of South America and Republic of Greenland… As you have realized, I knew about Project Ultimate Coordinator… I am relatively concerned about the future of your son who is about to become a first-ever Ultimate Coordinator…”
 
“Hold on a second, Major… Please explain yourself firstly… How did you know about Project Ultimate Coordinator?” Asking for some clarification as to how the secretive Project Ultimate Coordinator would be discovered by his military group as well as the ones who employed them, Via hoped to get some answers from Char, pondering who has been spread out the news. Char remained silent, shaking his head in disagreement.
 
“I can't tell you this, Mrs. Hibiki… It is highly classified… But I can tell you… Not only we know about this project… Many do as well… If you like, I can mention some of them… However, you should know what I mean.”
 
“Does… Does the Blue Cosmos know about this project, Major? Please tell me… Do they know?” A quick inquiry from Via can find out how worried she is. She understood that this project she and her husband participated in is something that Blue Cosmos would not want to know. The Blue Cosmos has always hated anything which is related to genetic modification and would do anything to prevent this. They have already done many terrorist acts that proclaim their resentment towards genetic manipulation since it is a violation of nature order. Via is starting to be worried about her husband's safety as well as her own. Char can only sigh silently, nodding his head in response.
 
“Unfortunately, when we found out about Project Ultimate Coordinator, we have information that Blue Cosmos are aware of this… It is thought that they will try to prevent this project from bearing fruit, hoping to destroy this facility or the whole colony in order to cease this experimentation… However, there are no signs that they are doing anything right now. Not to waste any more time, my group has been sent by the Republic of Greenland to do something that will preserve the `information' produced by this project before Blue Cosmos strikes…”
 
“Preserve the `information' produced by this project… What do you mean?” Via was confused, understanding that trivial information has only been discovered through the experimentation of making an Ultimate Coordinator. To her, there is no reason for preservation as since it is such that it can be reproduced with ease. Char was surprised to find out that Via knew nothing about her son, wondering what is going on. He felt weird for someone deeply involved in this project has no idea what the project reaching its final phase of completion. To clear her doubts, Char told her everything she needed to know, astonishing her deeply.
 
“How did you not know, Mrs. Hibiki… Project Ultimate Coordinator has reached its final stage of achievement… A son of yours is going to be born an Ultimate Coordinator for the first time in this universe. How could you be oblivious of such important news especially when you are so deeply involved in this project?”
 
“I… I don't know… My husband… He didn't say anything about it at all… A few days ago, I ask him how the project is going… He replied that it is still the same and that the project may probably be abandoned because of the lack of funds. However, when I went to him today to discuss about the abandonment of this project, he doesn't seem interested in doing so at all… We have a fierce fight that leaded to a tight slap on my face… All I ask for him to not play god and manipulate life… I cannot believe he simply scolded me for my ignorance, saying that this is for the good of our son… I left him and the facility soon after and that is when I meet you, Major… I am getting confused. Who should I choose to believe, you or my husband?” Via became flabbergasted, wondering who she would to believe. Char attempted to calm the young scientist, pondering if she is a willing party when she joins Project Ultimate Coordinator. There is one way to tell who Via should trust.
 
“Do not be disconcerted, Mrs. Hibiki… Let's go back to the facility now and you can find out yourself… Then you will decide whether you would want to help me or not… Since nothing has been agreed between the both of us, I cannot really tell you how we are going about to preserve the `information'… All I can say is that we will take what is required for us to accomplish our mission here… With further ado, let's go…” Char said, escorting the young woman out of the restaurant. His subordinates followed behind him, as they proceeded to go to the facility together.
 
Char understood that if he was able to get Via to help him, it will be easier for our assault team to infiltrate into the facility and get what they want. Via will be able to give them anything they need to know about the facility and its security measures. Char can only hope that Via will understand why he must do this for the sake of her child. Since Blue Cosmos know about Project Ultimate Coordinator, there is a high possibility her child will not live. Via will make a choice of her own that will bring about the fate of her own flesh and blood. Only she can make this judgment herself.
 
-30th June Cosmic Era 53, 4:00pm-
-Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development Facility, Mendel Colony, Lagrange 4-
 
Char and his subordinates followed Via to the facility where Project Ultimate Coordinator is conducted, preparing to find out more about this building. Char divides his eight men team including him into four groups with two in one subdivision. The first three teams will go and venture through the building in search of surveillance cameras and possible walkouts, making discreet sketches in their minds. These information about the building will help them plan a direct assault on the facility intended to have no casualties and the successful capture of both info and specimen. The last team which including Char and a young captain, will wait at the service counter for parents who wanted to genetically custom their babies, for Via's answer about whether helping them or not. Before Via can make her way back to the underground laboratory below this building, Char proceeded to explain to her how she is to tell them about her response.
 
“Mrs. Hibiki, because I don't want you to be deemed as my accomplices in case that we may strike at the facility, it is advisable for you to give me your answer in terms of gestures. Gestures can be easily recognized by me. If you would to agree to help me, you will reappear here at this service counter and hand the information security passwords to my young subordinate here… You may leave as soon as you do so… However, if you would to disagree, call the police… We will be able to interpret what you want to do this way…”
 
“Call the police… Are you sure about this? What if you are caught in the process, Major? I wouldn't want you to be arrested…” Char can see himself being amused by the strange inquiry from Via, believing that she will most probably help them in the end.
 
She does not seem to understand the significance of calling the police, becoming worried about us if she would to disagree helping us. Char can only understand this fact. If a person wants to disagree, he will not care about the party who disagree unless he is really a nice person. Judging by this, Char cannot help but think that Via is a nice and caring individual. For someone who is so nice and caring to strangers, she will definitely value her child even more. That is why she would never want anything to happen to them especially when Blue Cosmos may be out for their blood.
 
After comprehending what she needed to do, Via left Char, making her way to find out from her husband about the current status of Project Ultimate Coordinator, hoping to see her young baby for the first time if it exists. Char found a seat before the service counter, folding his arms together as he decided to wait for her answer here. Closing his cerulean eyes, he planned to get some rest as his young captain sat down beside him.
 
“Major, do you think this is a good idea to get Via Hibiki involved? She is after all part of the research team working on Project Ultimate Coordinator… She might very well be like those obsessed scientists who will do nothing to protect their hard work… She will definitely call the police if you ask me…” Char smiled, finding his young captain a little too ignorant. He proceeded to give him the major reason why Via will presumably help them. It is the power of maternal love.
 
“Captain Yuy, it seems that your trust on people still remain rather low… If you think about it, Via has every reason of helping us… Firstly, the first-ever Ultimate Coordinator may possibly be her own child. No mother would want to allow her son or daughter to be in harm's way after knowing that Blue Cosmos knew about Project Ultimate Coordinator… We all know how extreme Blue Cosmos is to uphold their belief. The child will not stand a chance of survival without our guidance. Secondly, she is already become fed up about the work done for Project Ultimate Coordinator… She has noticed that life isn't something to be played around and that what they are doing is nothing but inhumane, treating human lives as living specimens for this project. She doesn't seem to know the benefits of being a Ultimate Coordinator as well… We cannot really blame her for that as I didn't really know myself. The power of an Ultimate Coordinator is quite unknown… and it may be something that only those who made our bodies can understand… In any case, she will not allow her child to be treated like a experiment for his entire life… Thirdly, I think I have gained enough trust from her that she is bound to take our side…Perhaps I have charmed her with my handsome looks…”
 
“If that is the case, I might say I am impressed… Not by your charms but your resourcefulness… Even me who is claimed to be the Perfect Soldier will find it hard to find a way to use someone that you meet merely on the streets… There is still room for me to improve, it seems… ” Char's young captain thought with agreement, imitating his superior on his seat. He understood another reason why Char is named the `Red Comet' as he do not only act and move fast, he thinks fast as well.
 
While they waited for Via's response at the service counter, the latter met her husband in his office, demanding to know if a Ultimate Coordinator is about to be created. Her husband, Ulen Hibiki, was shocked by what she has asked.
 
“Tell me, Ulen… Is Project Ultimate Coordinator reaches its climax? Is the Ultimate Coordinator being created…. our child?!”
 
“Via, how did you know this? I didn't remember telling you this at all… Who told you about our child?” Via could not believe that her husband actually said this to her. She was getting mad at him, clutching her fists in anger as she questioned why her husband would want to hide the truth from her.
 
“Why… Why did you not tell me about this, Ulen? It doesn't matter who told me now… As the mother of that child, I should have the right to know about this, isn't it? Why did you hide it from me?!”
 
“let me explain, Via… I didn't mean to hide this from you… It is because… It is because of our frequent quarrels about Project Ultimate Coordinator … We were so mad at each other about whether to close this project that I fear speaking about this will only fuel our tiff even more… I want to tell you… to give you a surprise when our child has been successfully becomes an Ultimate Coordinator… I didn't expect you would find out yourself… Via, I…” Before Ulen can continue with his explanation, Via stopped him, carrying only one thought in her mind.
 
“Stop, Ulen… I don't want to hear your reasons anymore… Take me… Take me to see our child, Ulen… That's all that I ask of you…” Via stared at Ulen with eyes that desired to see her first child desperately, hoping that he is willing to take her to it. Although sensing something weird about Via, Ulen did not disagree to bring her to their newborn child, asking to be followed. They left his office, walking towards one of the laboratories that were used specifically for Project Ultimate Coordinator. Within one of these laboratories lies the first Ultimate Coordinator of this universe. Since Project Ultimate Coordinator is known to be classified, only a few personnel receive the password that will allow them to gain access to the only surviving specimen which happened to be their child. Via cannot wait to see her newborn baby as she was quickly reminded by what Char said, pondering whether she should do what she has been asked to do. Via was soon leaded towards the only laboratory where their child resides, watching her husband punching the sequence of numbers into the security lock that will unbolt its reinforced door. Via strived to memorize hard the sequence of numbers, hoping that she will be able to visit the child next time alone and perhaps give it to Char who may find some value to it The reinforced door opened up as expected, allowing the couple to walk in as Via was astonished. Their baby, the product of advanced genetic manipulation lies in the incubator, sleeping silently. A fellow researcher was monitoring its vital signs as they made their way there, greeting Ulen as well as Via. “Huh… Professor Hibiki, I see you finally allow your wife to come and see the child… I was wondering how long you are going to break the news to her… ”
 
“How's the baby, Zack? Is everything ok?” Ulen asked, hoping that his fellow researcher, Zack Rudolf will not give him any surprising details. Via walked closer towards the incubator, noticing the quietly sleeping child of hers as she would desire so much to carry him in her arms. While continuing to watch her sleeping child, Via noticed something weird about him in terms of his hair color. Strands of grayish color were growing on his skull which is quite weird considering her hair color is brunette while Ulen is blond. This is usual that the baby's hair color would be somehow similar to what their parents' hair color is. However, this is not the case. Via proceeded to ask Ulen about it.
 
“Ulen, why is our baby's hair color grey? Is this some kind of genetic flaw?”
 
“Oh… This isn't a genetic flaw, Via… We accidentally make our baby hair color grey… I somehow make a mistake during the process of gene modification, carelessly cause this unusual alteration… It is entirely my fault, Via … I apologize…” Via was definitely surprised by Ulen's carelessness, knowing that he is a perfectionist and seldom made this sort of mistake like this. She accepts the fact that it is inevitable that people makes mistakes. However, this kind of mistakes during genetic manipulation happens to be a risk factor and cannot be resolved with an apology only. Via wondered what Ulen was thinking during that time, being thankful to know that nothing bad came out of it. She began to recall about what Char has said to her previously at the restaurant moments ago, watching her innocent son in his peaceful sleep.
 
“It is true that what Char said is real… My son has truly become an Ultimate Coordinator… What should I do now? Should I agree to help Char to take my son out of here and betray Ulen? Should I simply forget about that and allow him to stay here with me, risking his life and ours?” Via is having a hard time deciding what she should do, continuing to glance at her son with a look of hesitation. She has to make a choice of her own sooner or later since Char is waiting for her response at the service counter. Gathering her courage to do this, Via proceeded to leave the laboratory, giving herself one last glance at him before she goes. Via seemed to have decided on what she want to do, ignoring the steps that Char has tell her to follow in order to give him an response. She wanted to meet Char face to face to tell him an answer in hopes to get him to understand. Via left without Ulen's knowledge, making her way up to the service counter.
 
At the service counter which is still filled within pregnant women and playful kids, mostly Coordinators, Char sat on his seat impatiently, waiting for any signals that should be happening within this few minutes. One of the subdivisions of his team has already returned with the information in their heads, getting ready to sketch them out for Char when they returned back to the space station. His young captain, accompanied with the only female lieutenant in his team, waited at the elevator, hoping to see if Char is right about Via. While they waited, a young naughty child went to disturb the captain, pulling his jeans to gain his attention. When the young captain attempted to find out who is bothering him, he can only notice the child staring at him with an innocent look. The young captain strived to ignore him, turning back to check on the elevator as the pulling of his jeans did not seem to stop. It took the female lieutenant's intervention of buying a lollipop for the child to stop his annoying antics, feeling grateful that the young captain did not lose his temper.
 
“Captain Yuy, that kid is annoying, isn't it?”
 
“You can say that again, Lieutenant Beardsley… How I want to kick his little butt…” Saying it in a stern and angry tone, the female lieutenant felt relieved that she was able to stop a tragedy from happening just now, sweat dropping before her young captain. As he turned back to check on the elevator again, he finally saw Via walking out, seemingly looking with determination. She made her way to the service counter, noticing the young captain standing before her. “So you have come… Do you have what we wanted?”
 
“I'm sorry… I have nothing to give you…. However, I would like to speak to your superior… Can you take me to him?” The young captain, although showing no emotions, was surprised to learn about this from within. As she has requested, the young captain brought Via to Char who continued to be seated at the service counter, being surprised to see Via as well. Char stood up, greeting to the young scientist as he questioned why she would want to see him again.
 
“Via, what are you…”
 
“Major, I know you have told me to answer you using the gestures that you have taught me… However, I think that it is better for me to talk to you up close and personnel… You probably want to know my answer. All I can say is sorry… I have to disappoint you, Major… I think…” Before Via can make clear of what she was trying to say, gunshots can be heard at the entranceway of the buildings. Several security guards employed to keep the safety of this building was shot although mildly wounded as a few men with assault rifles and shotguns charged into its service counter. Char immediately took Via down onto the ground assuming her safety as the young captain hid himself within the corridors leading to the elevator. Char's other two subordinates were on the ground as well, realizing that someone has sought to take this building by force.
 
“We are the Blue Cosmos… We will be taking over this building… If you don't want to die here today, listen to us and we will guarantee your safety… unless you are a Coordinator…Everyone, get on the ground now!!!” It is obvious who is trying to get control of this building as Via was stunned to have heard their proclamation. It seems to them that Blue Cosmos has quickened their plan to raid this vicinity that manufactures the violators of nature order. Whether they knew about Project Ultimate Coordinator or not, it will not matter anymore. As past experiences will show, they will destroy anything that relates to genetic modification within this building. There is no way Via's newborn baby will survive.
 
“No!!! They can't do that… I will not let them…”
 
“Be quiet, Via… Don't let them pay attention to you… Don't you want your child to be motherless?”
 
Speaking using their minds, Char told Via to stay calm and stay put, knowing that she will not make a difference even if she tries and die. It came as a surprise for Char and his subordinates since there is no indication of an attack like this today. Char assumed that this is a impromptu assault by Blue Cosmos members residing in this space colony and badly planned as well. Noticing one of them who looked like he was enjoying himself, pointing his assault rifle at anyone who moves, they seems to be more unstable and radical members of this former environmental group.
 
“Captain Yuy, can you hear me? Where are you right now?”
 
Using his mind again, Char tries to communicate with his second in command. As expected, the young captain is still hiding within the corridors, waiting for a chance to strike back.
 
“Hear you loud and clear, Major Aznable… Lieutenant Beardsley is taking care of a Coordinator child at the elevator entrance right now and has initiated defense mode towards that child… I am in offense mode, guarding the entrance to the underground laboratory, posed to strike at any threat….”
 
“Good… Guard there…. Do not let anyone come through you and get to Via's child… This is an order…”
 
Char placed his young captain a role that he cannot refuse, attempting to contact the other four teammates who may be uninformed of this hostage situation… While he was doing so, one of the Blue Cosmos members demanded someone to get him down to the underground laboratory.
 
“Get up, you scum… Do you know how to go to the underground facilities of this building? Speak!!!” Grabbing a frightened young intern from the ground, he inquired if he knew about how to go down, insisting an answer from that fearful boy. He nodded his head in deep fear towards the gun wielding terrorist, involuntarily helping the Blue Cosmos members to get to the laboratories below. Witnessing this, Char issued his orders immediately to his four missing teammates, telling them to standby and act according to their guts.
 
“Damn it… They have found a guy that will take them down to the underground laboratories… Those brats will not have their way… Do as you seem fit, Yuy… those who are heading towards you are yours to take care of…”
 
“Understood, I am happy to do so…”
 
After telling his young captain to act harshly on his opponents, Char turned towards his teammate beside him, telling him to attack those two members of Blue Cosmos that was to remain at the service counter,. As everything has been set, Char gave an assurance to Via that nothing will happen to her kid as long as she listen to him.
 
“Listen up, Via… I want you to stay on the ground as always and don't try not to move when we take down those bastards… I want you to be safe so that you can give me your answer to the fate of your child… Please promise me that you don't throw away your life today…”
 
“Yes… Yes, I understood… I shall not move a muscle… But how are you going about taking down those four Blue Cosmos members without any weapon?”
 
Via was naïve to think that Char and his teammates will be powerless against those who think that they are in control because they have combat weapons. Via is about to be surprised by the combat abilities of those gathered by Char for this operation. While two Blue Cosmos members with assault rifles took the frightened intern towards the elevator, one of the two that remained at the service counter, noticed someone who he once seen at the same place before. She and her husband were holding their four year old son tightly, trying to protect their only child from those freaking terrorists. Remembering that it has been four years since he have last seen them as she was pregnant with a Coordinator child, he made his way towards them, pointing his shotgun at them. They were frightened by this negative gesture, being surprised to know that he was trying to take their four year old Coordinator son from them. Via witnessed this, becoming reminded something like this will happen to them and their Ultimate Coordinator son.
 
“They…. They are taking their child away… Why must they do this? Don't they have a heart? Will… Will this happen to me as well? Will they take my son away like this? I cannot let this happen… I can't!!!”
 
Trying her best not to think about it, she turned her head away, hating to see what will occur later on. Char was burning in rage as he can see the Blue Cosmos member's evil intent, scratching the innocent child away from his parents.
 
“What are you doing? Let my son go!!!”
 
“Damn it… Let go now!!! Damn you idiot…” Being the father of his child, the male parent of that four year old child tried his best to take back his child, disliking the Blue Cosmos member's attempt to remove him from their side. Feeling annoyed by his persistent antics, the Blue Cosmos member took out a sidearm, firing at the left shoulder of the male parent as screams echoed throughout the service counter. Her wife checked on him in tears, finding it hard to believe that he actually shot him as the Blue Cosmos member laughed at their sight.
 
“Serves you right for trying to revolt against me… That Coordinator child of yours… What are you thinking when you try to produce him, you stupid Naturals… What's so good about being a Coordinator? All they do is to disturb the nature order… They should be removed from this universe for good!!!”
 
“Please… Please don't kill my son… I can do anything… I will do anything as long as you don't kill him… Please!!!” Feeling desperate, the female parent of the child endeavored to negotiate hi return, telling him that she will do anything for him. Thinking that this may be fun, the Blue Cosmos member pointed his sidearm at her, placing it right on her forehead. The female parent froze at the spot, understanding that she will be dead any second if this gun is to be triggered. She wondered desperately what he has in mind. “Since you say that you will do anything for this kid, I'm telling you to use your blood as the ransom money…. Kill yourself if you dare… Perhaps I will return this son to you if you obey… That is if you have the courage to pull this trigger…”
 
“No... Marianna!!! Don't do this!!! No!!! Damn you Blue Cosmos!!! Damn you!!!” Telling her wife not to be foolish while cursing the Blue Cosmos member, the male parent grinded his teeth as he was about to witness the death of his wife. As the attention has been drawn towards the young mother, the two Blue Cosmos members securing the frightened intern proceeded to make their way towards the elevator again after being distracted for a while. The young captain took out a metallic object called the force lance, preparing to launch an unexpected attack on those two men. Char can be seen with a confident grin as the two Blue Cosmos members escorted the intern without looking what is in front of them, giving the young captain a good chance to strike. As they made a turn into the corridor, they were immediately met with the prowess of the young captain and his force lance.
 
“You pick the wrong place and the wrong time to strike, Blue Cosmos…” Saying this while moving in rapid pace, the young captain took one of them completely by astonishment, striking a straight punch down into his stomach. Using his force lance, he smacked his face directly with it, knocking him out instantly without time to use his weapon. His partner has no way to run as well, meeting a heel kick on his face immediately after his comrade's demise. Extending the force lance, the young captain used it to strike onto his chest, sending the man flying out of the corridor. Surprising by the sudden turn of events, the other two Blue Cosmos at the service counter wondered what is going on, being anonymous to the fact that the young captain's two comrades are waiting for them to make a mistake.
 
“What?! What happened just now? Keane… Osmond…”
 
“Now is the chance… Let's go, Lieutenant Cehack!!!”
 
Telling his subordinate to strike now, Char aimed both of his hands towards the cocky Blue Cosmos member holding a child, grabbing hold of his right arm as well as his neck. Forcing him to lean back, Char released the possession of his shotgun before landing a devastating chop onto his chest. The man was sent crushing down on the ground before falling into unconsciousness, shocking his fellow Blue Cosmos member deeply. He proceeded to aim his assault rifle at Char, only to have his face covered up by a tightening hand grip. Before he knew it, he was propelling into the air, slamming onto the ceiling before dropping his weapon. After a few seconds later, he was no longer moving, gesturing that he has knocked out for good. The white haired subordinate of Char stared at his hands in utter amazement, wondering if he used strength surpassing his expectation. “Oops!! Looks like I done it again, Major…”
 
“Don't worry, you have done well, Lieutenant…” As Char stared at the mess that they have made, two more Blue Cosmos members charged into the building with guns drawn, wondering to know who has knocked out their friends. Before they can get an answer, two of Char's men took them out, leaving them down on the ground. Outside, the last two Blue Cosmos members attempted to drive them way out of here, realizing that their plan to `clean up' this building. However, before they can drive their way to safety, the last two men from Char pulled them out of their seats, giving them a nice beating before disappearing into the shadows in hopes that no one will see them. Char gathered the rest of his team together, proceeding to make an escape for what they have done today, turning towards Via before leaving. Writing something on the paper before crashing it, he threw the ball of paper to Via, hoping that she will read it. Soon after that, Char and his team were nowhere to be found. Via stood up along with the other people within the service counter, taking a look at the piece of paper.
 
“Meet me at the restaurant where we first conversed tomorrow at 2:00pm… You will tell me about your decision then… See you tomorrow… Major Char Aznable…” Reading the paper in her mind, Via understood what Char wanted her to do tomorrow, allowing her more time to think about this. She will need the time now since what has happened today. The reality of a Blue Cosmos attack is rather imminent and she will have to decide about the fate of her son again. Via has no idea what she can do now.
 
-1st July Cosmic Era 53, 2:00pm-
-Restaurant, Mendel Colony, Lagrange 4-
 
The startling events that happened yesterday at the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility are big news for folks living and working on Mendel Colony, realizing that the posing threat of Blue Cosmos has finally reached their shores. It is obvious to them now that Blue Cosmos has the intention to force Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development facility to stop their usual operations, trying to prevent its manufacturing of Coordinators. It is clear to someone with a brunette hair color that his son is in grave danger right now. Drinking her coffee silently at a table, Via relived the events in her mind, finding herself viewing the images when the Blue Cosmos member tried to take away a Coordinator child from his family. She knew that this sort of scenario may happen to her in the near future, fearing about the low percentage of her son's survival rate. Even if she has to give her son away, she will not let anyone hurt him. Since she knew she is unable to protect her child well, it is best for her son to give to someone who can. It seems to her that her response has definitely changed after a day's trials and tribulations.
 
“There's no other way… No one is as capable in protecting my son as Char and his men… I shouldn't be selfish and only think about myself, leaving the child in such a dangerous predicament. He is my child… I have every right to protect him… That's why I am willing to give him to someone who I trust and can take care of him on my behalf. It is much better than leaving him with us and tells ourselves that we can protect him when we don't… There's no way we can do anything more for him than giving him a better chances of survival…”
 
As her mind seemed to have decided on what has to be done, Char, accompanied by two of his subordinates, stepped into the restaurant. Noticing where Via has seated, they made their way towards her, sitting around the table beside her. Char stared at Via with absolute solemn, wondering what kind of answer he is going to receive from this young scientist.
 
“Thank you for waiting for us here, Mrs. Hibiki… You are rather punctual as expected… As you should have realized, we are here today to listen to your response… May I have your answer that I hatefully did not get during yesterday's hindrance?” Char continued to glance at Via, hoping that she is about to give something that would favor him very much. Via lowered down her head unusually, taking out a piece of paper before placing it on the table. She pushed it towards Char, prompting him to take a look at it as a sequence of numbers can be seen. Via proceeded to explain herself.
 
“This is… This is the password that will allow you to enter legally into the laboratory where my son is kept… The location of that laboratory can be found here as well. Please…. Please help my son no matter what, Major… Please… Please keep him from harm's way…”
 
“I understand, Mrs. Hibiki… I appreciate your way of answering my inquiry… I will promise you're your son shall not die unless I am… We will need to go now… Please… Do take care of yourself…” After receiving the response from Via, Char and his two subordinates immediately walked out of the restaurant, receiving permission from the young scientist to act. Knowing that there is no time to waste, Char decided to get on with the plan to rescue the young Ultimate Coordinator which have been postponed for a day because of Via's response as well as the terrorist act by Blue Cosmos, making no more delays. As they left, Via sat around the table, clutching her fists before weeping in tears. She has realized hat she has done something that may allow his husband to hate her and make her guilty for as long as she has lived. Her first newborn will not be accompanied by his parents certainly.
 
“I'm sorry… Ulen…. I'm sorry… Kira… I'm sorry I have to do this… Sorry…”
 
-4th July Cosmic Era 53, 10:00pm-
-Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development Facility, Mendel Colony, Lagrange 4-
 
Night has finally arrived. The wait is irrevocably over. All 8 men including Char, dressed in black, prepared to infiltrate into the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development Facility where their targets, the specimen as well as the info collected by Project Ultimate Coordinator, are. Carrying Via's password to one of the underground laboratory where the young Ultimate Coordinator is, Char leaded his team in, making their way through the front entrance with ease. The night shift guards who were supposed to be stationed outside the perimeter has all been neutralized by light doses of anesthetic, taking out professionally by those eight masked men. Scouting through the service counter where Blue Cosmos has raided four days ago, the masked men moved towards the elevator with ease. Using a code breaking device, they wee able to gain access to it successfully. Since electricity has been cut off at the surveillance room, there will be no fear of being captured on screen. It seems to everyone that it is going to be quite an easy ride down to the underground laboratories.
 
“Cehack, Beardsley, once we reach the underground laboratories, go to the office of Ulen Hibiki and some other important researchers of Project Ultimate Coordinator and get their info about that… Ran, Evin, go with them and give your assistance as much as you can… Don't let anyone see us, do you understand? The rest will follow me to get the Ultimate Coordinator… Don't try to create any unnecessary trouble, is that clear?” His subordinates nodded their head in unison, preparing to dash out of the elevator as soon as the door slid open. It took a while before they reach their level they desired to alight, going their separate ways. It seems that no one is working at the laboratory tonight as the corridors were simply quiet, making things easy for them. Char was beginning to suspect that the stillness is unusual. Despite this, Char knew that there is no turning back.
 
“Is this the one? I think I have found it, Major…” While searching for the right laboratory where the young Ultimate Coordinator is, one of Char's subordinates was able to find it among so many rooms along the corridor, informing his commander about his finding. Char and the other two subordinates made their way towards their comrade, locating the identification number of the laboratory, matching it with the one Via gave to them three days ago. It is exactly the same.
 
“This is it… Pin in this sequence of numbers into the security lock, Yuy… Let's get our specimen out of there…”
 
“Understood, Major… Typing the numbers now…” Yuy obeyed the orders made by his superior, hoping to unlock the laboratory so that they can get their hands on the Ultimate Coordinator. The numbers were surely the password to this laboratory as Char felt relieved that Via did not cheat on them using this. She genuinely wanted them to save her young child from the devilish hands of the Blue Cosmos and never wish to see him die. Char is determined to keep his promise towards her. As they walked into the laboratory, they noticed the incubator where the Coordinator child is, realizing someone lying on the ground unconsciously. Wearing a white robe similar to Via's, Char can assume that he is a researcher taking care of the Ultimate Coordinator during the night before seeing someone else staring down at him with a massive cannon on its right arm. Aware of their intrusion, the man who wore a black hat as well as a black tuxedo, turned his arm cannon at them, getting ready to blow them away. Thankfully, one of Char's subordinates was quick to stop him, knocking him over before slashing off his arm cannon to render him defenseless. Char walked towards the restrained man, pulling out a sidearm from his black suit, before blowing his head off and noticing a pink crystal emerging after its demise. He is sure who has come to this laboratory before them.
 
“Major… This is…”
 
“Invaders… No wonder it is so quiet out here… The Invaders have invaded this facility before us… It seems that only one of them found about this place… Let's be quick about our movements and get the kid out of here… Yuy, contact the others immediately and tell them to forget about the info… We will need to go as soon as possible… ” Sensing trouble occurring before they even know it, the only thing Char has in his mind is to get the specimen out of here. Releasing the Ultimate Coordinator from its incubator, a subordinate of Char greeted her major that the collection of the specimen has been accomplished, hoping to move out. Char turned towards his young captain who did not seem to be able to contact the other four companions who should be trying to steal the info of Project Ultimate Coordinator, cursing deeply that they may be in deep trouble.
 
“Damn it… Let's forget about them for now… We must take the specimen up to the surface as soon as possible… Uraki, it will be your responsibility to help Sahalin escort the Ultimate Coordinator out of here… We will meet up later at the space station later… I and Yuy will go and search for the others…”
 
“Demo, Major… Can this be done? I am unwilling to abandon my comrades because of a baby that I didn't know… Perhaps I should come with you… Sahalin will be able to take care of him herself…” Being glared by Char because of his foolish request, one of the subordinates of Char knew that he will not allow him to be choosy about what he has to do right now. Char told him not to be idiotic and listen to him, informing that he and Yuy will be enough. Unable to outtalk his commander, he can do nothing but to listen to him.
 
“Go now… Make sure that you two will fulfill your duties… I hope that I will not see any problems when I return…”
 
“Yes, Sir… Please bring our comrades back, Major…” After exiting the laboratory, the group of four was further separated into two men groups with one of them taking the Ultimate Coordinator out of the underground facilities. The other, containing the `Red Comet', Char Aznable and the `Perfect Soldier', Heero Yuy, took out their assault rifles that they have been carrying throughout this operation, knowing that they will be needing them. The two ran through corridor after corridor, hoping to reach the offices of the scientists working here, trying to find out where his men have went. Before long, gunshots can be heard from afar as they seemed to be nearing their current position.
 
“Major, how nice to see you again… I think we have met with some resistance…” Char can see this, realizing the vast number of Invaders shooting their shockwave cannons at them. Loran Cehack, the pilot of Turn A Gundam, handed Char the disc that contained the information they sought, informing him that the office of Ulen Hibiki has been blown away. Apparently, Loran discovered the Invaders downloading something from his computer in his office, deciding to throw a grenade to neutralize them. This impact by the grenade did more damage than expected, almost destroying the computer where the data of Project Ultimate Coordinator is stored. Loran was able to extract it from the computer before the reinforcements by the Invaders came after them. Char expressed gratitude for his job well done.
 
“Well, at least you have done your part… let's get out of here, shall we… It's going to get messy if we were to continue to stay here…” Commanding his subordinates to move out, Char leaded them back to the elevator since this is the only way out from the underground laboratories, hoping that this path is not obstructed. However, his wish did not come true this time round as he noticed Aina Sahalin and Kou Uraki being pinned down by Invaders with their shockwave cannons. Things has become more urgent by the second.
 
“What is going on? The Invaders seem to be everywhere… A portion of them is blocking our only way out… I cannot let my team or the Ultimate Coordinator be fallen into their hands… We have to force our way out as long as we are standing!!!” Char was getting annoyed by the sudden turn of events towards their disadvantage, unlocking and loading his assault rifle with extra ammunition. Following suit, his subordinates prepared for a direct assault, knowing that they cannot afford to waste any more time. At the count of three, Char will dash out along with five of his subordinates to subdue the Invaders while taking his two remaining men out of their precarious predicament.
 
“It's do or die now, guys… We aren't going stay here and let them kill us… We shall show them why we are First Class Agents of the Association!!!” Loran yelled out in encouragement, following his commander out to fight against the Invaders. At first, the resistance seems too strong for Char and his men to take, forcing them to seek shelter wherever they can find one. However, Char is not going to five up just yet. Throwing a grenade towards them, he manages to blow up a portion of the Invaders. After weakening their strength in numbers, Char charged out and fired, taking out anyone who tries to do him harm. Loran and Heero soon followed him as the reinforcements by the Invaders came from behind, launching their purplish shockwaves at them. Garrod Ran, Allenby Beardsley and Uso Evin were able to resist them in time for Heero to take Kou and Aina out of their dangerous situation, dashing towards the elevator. It is a coincidence that the elevator was opened at that time, allowing them to seek refuge inside it, prompting the rest of the team to approach the elevator. Char was the last to enter into the elevator that will take them directly up towards the surface, forcing the sliding door to close and abandoning those aggressive Invaders below. Everyone was relieved that they were able to get out of here alive.
 
“That… That was too close for comfort, Major… We almost die out there…”
 
“How's the baby, Aina? Is he still sleeping?” Garrod who wanted to have a glance at the Ultimate Coordinator child, noticed that he was indeed napping, wondering how he is able to continue to rest despite the loud battles. Char stared at the innocent sleeping look of the Ultimate Coordinator, thinking that he is one strong kid that does not seem to be daunted by anything even gunfire. As the door slid open to signal that they have arrived at the ground level, Char's team quickly evacuated from the building in fear of another Invader assault, trying to secure the baby's safety as soon as possible. They get onto the vehicle that have brought them here in the first place, speeding towards the space station as the night end with a successful retrieval of the specimen and the information. Via would be rather happy to learn about this news.
 
-5th July Cosmic Era 53, 11:00pm-
-Ship Docking Area, Space Station, Gene 12-
 
A new day has started with the discovery of the missing child from the Genetic Advanced Reproductive Medical Research & Development Facility. As he arrived to work this morning, Ulen was stunned to see the carnage that his laboratories and facilities has suffered. Via, who came along with him, were shocked as well, wondering if Char has successfully taken her son away. Ulen was devastated to find out that both his son and his efforts while working on Project Ultimate Coordinator were gone, sending him in a state of disbelief. Since this is a classified project, no police report was filed up, allowing this matter to go away. More security measures seemed to be put into place as Project Ultimate Coordinator was permitted to continue again as it seems Ulen's ambition to have a successful Ultimate Coordinator specimen still burns in his mind. He has utterly forced to forget his previous success, making Via wonder when he will stop. Night soon came upon this commercial colony. After having used up the whole day preparing for departure, Char sent a personal message to Via, asking her if she would want to see her first newborn again. Via accepted the request willingly.
 
At 11:00pm, 30 minutes before departure time, Via was leaded onto the space station's ship docking area to meet her son for the last time. The `Red Comet' has already waited for her arrival with her son in his arms, looking rather innocent as he sucked on one of his little fingers. Via came up to Char, requesting to carry her baby as Char permitted. Via was happy to see him again.
 
“I finally get to carry you in my arms, Kira… How I miss you so much, my son…
 
“So, that's his name, I suppose… ” Char responded to her naming of her son, deciding that he will be called by this from now on. Via kissed and hugged her baby so much that she did not wish to let go of him, wanting him to stay with her forever. However, she understood that this is impossible as he will have to live a life where his true identity as a Ultimate Coordinator will not be found out. If not, his life will only become a life of a hunted. She does not wish her son have this sort of life. Since she has promised herself not to leave her husband and try to persuade him not to continue project Ultimate Coordinator, she has to refuse the proposal given by Char that allow her to come with him and take care of his son in a hidden existence. She thanked Char for his wonderful request, passing Kira back to Char unbearably.
 
“I appreciate your offer, Major… However, that is something I cannot accept… I am a man's wife and I will always stay beside him no matter what happens… Until then, please take good care of my son on my behalf… He will need all the love that you and your crew shall give him… Please love him as much as I do, Major… That's all I ask of you…”
 
“Don't worry, Mrs. Hibiki… We will do as you asked. Time is running out for us now. It's time to say goodbye… Hope you and your son will reunite in a later date…” After saying this, Char made a bow to Via, turning around before walking towards the Nelson-Class battleship, Kismet, that he commanded. Taking the stuff brought by Via, he made his way towards Aina and Allenby who have been waiting for him, noticing the young mother waving her hands at her baby goodbye. Tears can be seen in her purplish eyes as she soon cannot control her own emotions, collapsing before her guide in anguish. Char hardened his heart, trying not to be distracted by Via as he ordered his forces for departure with their destination, Mobile Space Fortress, Aquarion. Despite he fact that he was able to do this heartless act, Char will remember this day as many of the unhappy memories he has seen during his time in the Universal Century and Cosmic Era. He will fulfill his promise to Via to take care of her son. A promise that will not be ignored as long as he remember this day in his mind…
 
-July Cosmic Era 53 to February Cosmic Era 70-
-Point of Focus: Life of Kirachi Hibiki-
 
On 5th July Cosmic Era 53, onboard Nelson-Class battleship, Kismet, the Ultimate Coordinator by the name of Kira Hibiki who later renamed as Kirachi Hibiki, grows up. Char Aznable act as his father and mentor, teaching him theoretical art of war during the age of 3. Allenby Beardsley, Pilot of Nobel Gundam in the Future Century and Aina Sahalin, former member of Principality of Zeon in the Universal Century were his mothers, who took care of his daily needs, lecturing him about some basic steps of being a human. Throughout this period, research on his body and the miraculous affects that genetic modification has done to him has been studied for further application.
 
On 31st December Cosmic Era 53, a PLANT Supreme Council is formed, made up of representatives from each of the PLANT cities.
 
On 5th February, Cosmic Era 55, Lacus Clyne is born.
 
On 18th May Cosmic Era 55, Kira Yamato and Cagalli Yula Athha are born.
 
On 29th October Cosmic Era 55, Athrun Zala is born.
 
On 30th June Cosmic Era 58, Kirachi enrolled in a military academy at Mobile Space Fortress, Aquarion, learning about how to become an agent of The Association. Char took time off from his regular military duty to take care of him alongside Heero Yuy, Pilot of Wing Gundam, as the latter is on vacation from his regular military duty as well. From there, Kirachi was taught many skills of his own choosing, being trained basically on how to pilot a mobile armor, a mobile suit and later captain a battleship. He practice the art of halberd combat, making sure that he will have at least one excellent close combat skill in his possession before he was allowed to graduate from the military academy.
 
On 1st August Cosmic Era 58, Siegel Clyne and Patrick Zala are elected to the PLANT Supreme Council.
 
On 1st October Cosmic Era 58, Uzumi Nara Athha becomes chief representative of the Orb Union.
 
On 11th January Cosmic Era 60, Kirachi has told by Char about his personal background, knowing that his mother is Via Hibiki while his father is Ulen Hibiki. He was informed that he has a younger sister and a younger brother who have been given away by their parents to various sources as well.
 
On 1st February, Greenland Federation, comprising of Greenland as well as Iceland near the Arctic Circle is officially formed. Its national defense group, Greenland Military Corps, was established a day later.
 
On 2nd March Cosmic Era 61, Athrun attends a preparatory school at the lunar city Copernicus. He and Kira meet for the first time.
 
On 9th September Cosmic Era 63, at the age of ten, he graduated from the military academy, becoming the newest member of Greenland Military Corps. Joining the Nelson-Class battleship, Pacifier, as a mobile suit technician, he spent another five years before he is promoted to pilot rank, from Technical Sergeant to 2nd Lieutenant. His first machine is a modified TS-MAS Moebius, making his first fight during a defense of Aquarion against forces of Intergalactic Invasion Corps. During his first taste of battle, he did not do well, being taken out only a few minutes of combat. Although he was uninjured, he cannot pilot his Moebius because it is so badly damaged that it is beyond repair. His second machine was another modified Moebius, a replacement for his damaged one, being determined that he will not mess up again.
 
On 21st February Cosmic Era 65, Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty (ZAFT) is officially formed.
 
On 10th January Cosmic Era 67, mass production of ZGMF-1015 GINN has been initiated by the newly formed ZAFT. By the alias of Jason Alexander, Kirachi Hibiki enlists into ZAFT for purposes yet to be announced.
 
On 10th February Cosmic Era 68, Siegel Clyne is elected chairman of the PLANT Supreme Council.
 
On 15th March Cosmic Era 68, Kirachi follow an army of mixed forces to protect a cargo convoy from South America to PLANT by the request of United States of South America who is the only ally nation of the Greenland Federation. During the course of transporting this convoy, Kirachi and his companions were faced with resistance from the sponsor nations of PLANT, (Atlantic Federation, Eurasian Federation and Republic of East Asia). The cargo convoy was destroyed, leading them to fail in their mission. This is later referred as the Mandelbrot Incident. Greenland Federation, due to their failure, makes a public apology towards United States of South America and PLANT, deciding to repay them with food and medical supplies of their own. One space defense force and one ground defense force from Greenland Military Corps participated in this transportation of this new cargo convoy with Kirachi among the ones in the space defense force. Resistance from the sponsor nations seems to reappear again, trying to stop supplies from getting into PLANT. Kirachi and his companions fought with their lives to keep the cargo convoy safe and manage to bring it to PLANT unharmed, saving a lot of lives in the process. Kirachi fought superbly well during this battle and have been awarded the Medal of Excellence by Greenland Federation and promoted to the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
 
On 13th May Cosmic Era 68, Kirachi visits the space station, June 7 at Junius 7, in preparation for his military enlistment into The Association. He meets Asami Kurosaki and Sayoko Kurosaki for the first time.
 
On 20th June Cosmic Era 68, Kirachi Hibiki officially joined The Association, becoming a First Class Agent.
 
On 2nd August Cosmic Era 68, a biohazard breaks out inside the Mendel Colony at Lagrange 4. Numerous casualties ensue, and the colony is abandoned, being sterilized with a massive bombardment of X-rays. The involvement of Blue Cosmos is rumored. Kirachi recognizes the death of his father during this biohazard while her mother's whereabouts became unknown. Due to his misuse of human life, Ulen Hibiki has been sentenced to ten years imprisonment in the hot and tormenting prison of Hell in his afterlife after receiving his final judgment from the supreme jury of God. Kirachi was there to hear his verdict.
 
On 24th October Cosmic Era 68, Patrick Zala calls Athrun back from Copernicus. Due to the deteriorating situation, the Yamato family leaves Copernicus, and relocates to the resource satellite Heliopolis.
 
On 4th February Cosmic Era 69, Captain Halberton of the Atlantic Federation's 4th Fleet (which will later become the 8th Fleet of the Earth Alliance) recognizes the mobile suit's effectiveness in space combat, and proposes the development of the "G series." Halberton's proposal is rejected by his superiors, but some of them provide assistance so that the project can proceed in secrecy. Kirachi was told to investigate, using the alias of Mark Jacobson to infiltrate Atlantic Federation.
 
On 1st September Cosmic Era 69, Kira Yamato enrolls in technical college at Heliopolis.
 
On 25th December Cosmic Era 69, learning that an terror attack will be conducted by Blue Cosmos as well as the sponsor nations on PLANT Supreme Council members, Kirachi informed his current superior, Major Joan Roland of 5th Space Defense Force about this. Major Roland reflects this matter to the Greenland Federation and was given orders to prevent this terror attack.
 
On 1st January Cosmic Era 70, as they meet with representatives of the sponsor nations, PLANT Supreme Council members are targeted by a terror attack. With the efforts of Kirachi Hibiki and his peers from the Greenland Military Corps, the terrorist threat was counteracted, successfully preventing casualties. Blue Cosmos claims responsibility, but when it becomes clear that the sponsor nations were behind the attack, the PLANTs halt all resource exports except for Greenland Federation. The sponsor nations, which have become dependent on the PLANTs for all such production, are rendered destitute. A masked Kirachi meet the PLANT Supreme Chairman, Siegel Clyne, for the first time. An agreement is made for trading of military technologies between the two nations.
 
On 20th January Cosmic Era 70, a mass production of ZGMF-1017 GINN is produced by Greenland Federation as well as the purchase of ten Nazca-Class destroyers and ten Laurasia-Class frigates from PLANT. The limited production of the new ZGMF-1017H GINN Halberdier Type began as well.
 
On 5th February Cosmic Era 70, a 17 year old masked Kirachi Hibiki and a 15 year old Lacus Clyne meet for the first time. Kirachi disregard orders from Greenland Federation not to interfere what is to happen during the meeting between the leaderships of United Nations, representatives of sponsor nations and PLANT representative, Siegel Clyne. Being a friend of his, Kirachi tries to persuade or delay his departure to lunar city Copernicus. He is successful as a terrorist bombing happen before Siegel arrives in Copernicus who is delayed by a shuttle malfunction. A terrorist bombing claims the lives of the sponsor nations' representatives, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, and the rest of the United Nations leadership. This is referred to the Tragedy of Copernicus. Lacus and Siegel felt in debt towards him, treating him as someone they can trust alongside Reverend Malchio.
 
On 6th February Cosmic Era 70, Kirachi has to receive punishment for disobeying orders from Greenland Federation. Sentence is delayed as he is assigned to 23rd Space Defense Force to defend Mobile Space Fortress, Aquarion, commanded by Colonel Char Aznable.
 
On 7th February Cosmic Era 70, the Atlantic Federation announces the establishment of the Earth Alliance. This is later referred as the Alaska Declaration.
 
On 8th February Cosmic Era 70, Representative Uzumi Nala Athha announces that the Orb Union will remain neutral and independent.
 
On 11th February Cosmis Era 70, a direct assault by Intergalactic Invasion Corps on Aquarion is conducted. This is where the story of Kirachi Hibiki truly began.
 
-End of Prologue-
 
-Additional Information-
 
-Characters Appearances-
 
Gundam 0079: Char Aznable
Gundam Wing: Heero Yuy
G Gundam: Allenby Beardsley
Turn A Gundam: Loran Cehack
Gundam 0083: Kou Uraki
Gundam, the 08th MS Team: Aina Sahalin
After War Gundam X: Garrod Ran
Victory Gundam: Uso Evin
Gundam Seed: Ulen Hibiki; Via Hibiki
 
Greenland Federation: Kirachi Hibiki (Previously known as Kira Hibiki); William Schumacher
Mendel Colony: Zack Rudolf
 
-Members of 4th Special Operations Unit of Northland Union Group-
 
The team of eight members commanded by Char Aznable came from many unknown universes discovered by The Association. They, like Char, has deals with The Association, either a wish for peace for their homeland or a desire that they would like to fulfill. Almost everyone took this mission as their first one except for Heero Yuy who joined The Association much earlier than the rest.
 
Member List:
Char Aznable (Captain, Major)
Heero Yuy (Vice Captain, Captain)
Kou Uraki (Member, 1st Lieutenant)
Loran Cehack (Member, 2nd Lieutenant)
Allenby Beardsley (Member, 2nd Lieutenant)
Aina Sahalin (Member, 2nd Lieutenant)
Uso Evin (Member, 1st Lieutenant)
Garrod Ran (Member, 2nd Lieutenant)
 
-Mecha Description-
The words in bold are additional features into the military units… Please be advised.
 
Unit Name: Nelson-Class Battleship
Ships of the line: Montgomery; Cassandros; Paris; Ptolemaios; Kismet
Manufacturer: Earth Alliance
Operator: Earth Alliance; Intergalactic Invasion Corps; Greenland Military Corps
Equipment: Gundanium Armor; Active Cloak Stealth System; Neutron Enhancer
Power Plant: Environmental ThermoNuclear Energy Reactor
 
Fixed Armaments:
?x machine cannons
 
Mobile Weapons:
?x TS-MA2 Moebius
?x GAT-01 Strike Dagger
 
Unit Name: Drake-Class Escort Ship
Ships of the line: Bernard; Law; Antigonos; Xerxes; Seleukos; Belgrano; Gardner
Manufacturer: Earth Alliance
Operator: Earth Alliance; Intergalactic Invasion Corps; Greenland Military Corps
Equipment: Gundanium Armor; Active Cloak Stealth System; Neutron Enhancer
Power Plant: Environmental ThermoNuclear Energy Reactor
 
Fixed Armament:
2x 75mm Vulcan Cannons
6x Torpedo Launchers
4x 10-Barrel Missile Launchers
 
Mobile Weapons:
?x TS-MA2
?x GAT-01 Strike Dagger
 
-Special Terms-
 
The Association: A military organization established by the holy powers of almighty God to help in maintaining the balance of worlds between good and evil as well as keeping the history, time and space unchanged. It is capable of establishing frontline bases to combat anyone who tries to hinder its objectives and recruit men from the good or the evil for their military usage. For this universe, the Greenland Federation is its frontline base in the Cosmic Era.
 
Space Station: An outpost where Greenland Federation has built in order to access the space colony undetected… It is constructed near space colonies and ease admission into them without permission. The one built at Mendel Colony is Gene 12.
 
Distance Transportation Platform/System: It is a method of transportation by Greenland Federation used for traveling between space station and space colony. It is one of the fastest means of transportation permitted by The Association.