Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: An Alternative Universe ❯ Athrun and Kira ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kira let out a soft sigh of defeat as she stared up at the Mobile
Suit in front of her, the Earth Alliance technicians working all around her preparing both the Mobile Suit and the ship for battle. The Earth Alliance Defense Force called it GAT X-105 Strike, one of the first GAT- series Mobile Suits designed and built by and for the Earth Alliance in Heliopolis against ZAFT- issued Combat Mobile Suits. A mobile suit for the use of a Natural pilot it was supposedly to be, but now, the commanding Earth Alliance officer on board asked her, a female civilian Coordinator from a neutral colony, to pilot the Mobile
Suit in order for the ship and everybody on board to safely reach the Eurasia Space Fortess called Artemis' Umbrella. Hearing an order to get ready from one of the technicians, Kira quickly boarded the machine, remembering the words that Lieutenant Mwu La Fraga that they were the only ones who could protect the ship. She then closed the hatch.

"Kira."

Kira looked up in surprise and stared at the person on the small
screen on top of the main monitor as the locks of the linear catapult hissed shut.

"Miriallia?"

"I'll take battle control of the mobile suit and the mobile armor
from now on. Pleased to meet you." Miriallia winked at her.

Kira smiled slightly as her friend got lectured about the proper
etiquette on how to greet pilots on duty by one of the soldiers. She let the Mobile Suit be armed with the equipment called Aile Striker.

"Kira Yamato. Gundam launching!" Kira announced before launching
Strike out of the Archangel.

The plan was supposedly to be flawless.

Kira angrily slammed her fist against the blinking screen below Strike's main monitor, watching quietly Archangel fly farther and farther away. She was so stupid, she let herself and Strike be captured. If she had only controlled her shots, then she would not have lost all of her primary and secondary power. Removing her hands from the controls, Kira closed her eyes, and with a soft sigh, leaned back.

"Kira, I am bringing you inside Gamou. Do not worry, I will take care of you."

Kira opened her eyes and flipped the radio off. It does not mean that she is captured by ZAFT that she would let them use her and Strike against her friends. Leaning forward, she swung the keyboard out of its hiding place and began reprogramming the system, preparing a lock on the activation system within seconds. Finishing the program, she hid the keyboard back into its place and stared at the small monitor where Miriallia's face was minutes ago. She just hopes that Archangel has reached Artemis safely. Kira looked up in surprise when she felt a faint shudder pass through Strike. ZAFT has finally bolted Strike down in their hangar. Unstrapping herself, Kira made a quick scan of the cockpit, then opened the hatch. Almost thirty guns were pointed at her when she stepped out of the cockpit with her hands up. Ignoring the soldiers all over the hangar, she closed the hatch, arming the OS lock in the process, and pushing herself off Strike, she propelled herself down. She landed softly on her own two feet and almost grimaced when she saw Athrun waiting with the other soldiers.

"Kira." Athrun whispered, slowly approaching Kira after handing his weapons over to Nicol, and held out his hand at her. "Long time no see, Kira," he said, smiling faintly at her.

Kira felt an eyebrow twitch as she lowered her hands and crossed her arms, closing her amethyst eyes. "Long time no see? Is that all you can say?"

"What can I say? It has been years since we last saw each other."

"YOU ASSHOLE!" Kira shouted, opening her eyes, as she uncrossed her arms, an eyebrow twitching furiously. "YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD WRITE WHEN YOU LEFT MOON! AND DID I RECEIVE A SINGLE LETTER? NO! YOU SHOW UP AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS OF MISSING IN ACTION AT HELIOPOLIS, TRYING TO KILL ME. YOU SHITHEAD! I WAS DEAD WORRIED WHEN I HEARD NEWS ABOUT UNIUS-7. I THOUGHT YOU HAD DIED. I SENT YOU COUNTLESS LETTERS AND NOT ONCE HAVE YOU REPLIED THEM. AM I THAT NOT IMPORTANT THAT YOU COMPLETELY DISREGARDED ME?!"

"Kira, I was meaning to write."

"WHEN? WHEN I AM DEAD?!" Kira shouted, gesturing furiously. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HAD TO GO THROUGH WHEN YOU LEFT MOON. YOU LEFT ME ALL ALONE. I HAD NO FRIENDS BECAUSE EVERYBODY WERE AFRAID OF ME BEING A COORDINATOR. FATHER WAS LUCKY TO BE RE-ASSIGNED IN HELIOPOLIS. IT WAS THERE THAT I FINALLY GOT NEW FRIENDS AND A NEW HOME, FREE FROM ALL OF THE DISCRIMINATION, AND NOW YOU COMPLETELY RUINED IT, YOU STUPID UNFEELING BASTARD." Kira screamed as tears trickled down her face. "DID YOU THINK THAT TORI WAS ENOUGH TO COMFORT ME, YOU IDIOT? I WAS AFRAID THE WHOLE TIME."

"Kira..."

"I HATE YOU, ATHRUN ZALA." Kira cried out as she finally burst into sobs.