Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 11, Reunite, the Battle!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the Archangel, anyone on it, Nicol, Yzak, or any mobile suits except for the Sonic Gundam, and I own the new ship type but you all knew that already, so let's get on with the story!
 
“Launch all suits to Cacatee! Destroy all enemy forces, no mercy!” says the commander of an Earth Alliance base, rallying his troops.
 
“Yes sir!” answers the crew,
 
Back at a ZAFT base, a similar scene was happening, with troops being rallied.
 
And over at the Archwarrior, Kiru, Ryo, and Akiko were showing Hari and Unomo around.
 
“And there's the…… hey, what's that?” says Ryo.
 
“It's the…uh….” tries to answer Kiru.
 
“You don't know your own ship?” asks Unomo.
 
“We know it, we just don't know what it is…..does that make sense to anyone else but me?” retorts Kiru.
 
A “No” came from everyone else.
 
“For the record, it's the supply closet,” answers Akiko.
 
“Explains why I never noticed it,” shrugs Ryo.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Oh, and where will Unomo and I be living? I mean, I hope it's separate, and I defiantly want to be rooming with someone else, though. I hope it's a girl, too, because I don't trust boys that much. And by that I mean that I trust them, just not enough to live in the same room with them. And one other thin-” says Hari, all before Unomo put his hand over her mouth to stop her from babbling.
“We'll find something, and my room is open for someone to room with me,” offers Akiko.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Please report to your proper stations. We are going to see to a SOS signal,” comes Izumi's voice from over the intercom system.
 
“Let's go.”
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launch!”
 
“Skygrasper taking off!”
 
“M1-Astray, gotta go,” says Hari as she winks at her camera.
 
“M!-Astray, outta here.”
 
“Remember, we're just her to see if they need any help,” reminds Valkus.
 
“Right.”
 
“Excuse us, do you need any help?” asks Hari through the transmission system.
 
“No….in fact, you're the ones who need help!” laughs the captain, obviously a pirate ship in disguise. The pirate ship then launches several DINNS, GINNS, and three GuAIZs.
 
Two of the DINNs fly towards Hari. One takes out a machine gun, and the other a beam saber. She ducks from the machine gun, and quickly meets the other with her own beam saber. She aims for the chest, but is avoided, and slashes off one of the wings. This sends it off balance, and allows Hari to destroy it. The other one attacks with the machine gun again, but Hari flies around it, turns back to face the DINN, and blasts at it with her beam rifle.
The DINN ducks to the side, but is blasted through the chest as it tries to escape.
 
Valkus is shooting at a GuAIZ with a beam cannon, but the enemy machine blocks with its shield, which has two beam claws deployed. It tries to fly closer to attack Valkus, but he flies back and blasts at it again. The GuAIZ flies under Valkus, and is about to plunge the beam saber up through the Skygrasper, but at that moment Valkus drops a bomb, making the GuAIZ explode.
 
Unomo dodges to the side from a GINN's sword, and punches it in the head. He attacks again with another punch, but the GINN avoids it and tries to slash the sword upwards. Unomo thrusts backwards, and destroys the unexpecting GINN with the beam rifle. Another one attacks with its beam rifle, but Unomo shields himself, and again attacks with a beam rifle. The GINN goes on the defensive, and tries to get under Unomo, but he fails, as Unomo spots him, and destroys the GINN with his beam saber.
 
The two GuAIZs both attack Kiru with their beam claws. Kiru dodges one narrowly, and blocks the other one with his shield. He backs up, and uses his beam saber to attack one of them, but it blocks with the shield. Kiru attacks again, this time plowing the beam saber through the GuAIZ's arm, making the arm explode. Kiru finishes of the dazed GuAIZ. The other one sneaks behind Kiru, but makes a sound last second, allowing Kiru to fly back, away from the GuAIZ, he takes out the Sonic's beam rifle, and blows a hole in the shoulder of the GuAIZ. He quickly flies up to it, and finishes it off.
 
After their last mobile suit is destroyed, the pirate ship leaves.
 
“Everyone return to ship, we have to meet up with the Archangel soon,” announces Captain Izumi.
 
“Oh good,” says Kiru sarcastically.
 
“Just don't talk to them.”
 
“I plan to. In fact, I plan to avoid them altogether.”
 
“You really, really don't like then do you?” comments Unomo.
 
“I don't forget grudges easily.”
 
“Yeah, he doesn't. He still holds grudges in our class from a year or two ago,” says Ryo.
 
“Yep, I do.”
 
“We're about 1 hour away from the meeting point.”
 
“Ok….what the heck is going on!” says Valkus, after the mobile suits and the Archwarrior froze.
 
“…Possibly a long range sonic disrupter?” Nicol thinks out loud, with no one really paying attention to him “What's the radar's range?” he asks to an officer.
 
“About 10 kilometers.”
 
“It would have to be battleship to have a sonic disrupter that far out, and not be on the radar….However….I don't think that any Earth Alliance ship has a sonic disrupter on it, and ZAFT…only 1, but it's a rare, new model, and hasn't been mass produced too much yet,” says Nicol.
 
“What's the name of the model? I did a search for sonic disrupters on the database here, and no ZAFT battle ships came up.” says Akiko.
 
“It was something that only ZAFT officers knew….about…” says Nicol, looking kind of sullen at the end.
 
For a moment, Ryo, Kiru, and Akiko didn't talk, not wanting to go further into this.
 
“…Do you know when it was supposed to enter combat?” asks Ryo, breaking the silence.
 
“…. I'm not sure. It was still in the development phase far in it,” answers Nicol.
 
“Darn, when the heck are we going to be able to move again?” Kiru asks.
 
“Why are you asking us?” says Ryo.
 
“…It's a rhetorical question, Ryo.”
 
“Incoming missiles!” announces an officer.
 
“Evasive maneuvers!” says Captain Izumi.
 
“We can't move!”
 
“Then prepare for a direct hit,” she says as the missiles impact.
 
“Damage Report!” she commands
 
“It didn't make a direct hit, but we still sustained damage,” reports the officer.
 
“…We're sitting ducks,” murmurs Ryo.
 
“Captain, the systems are back online, we can move again!”
 
“Prepare for combat!”
 
“…Here we go again” sighs Kiru as he takes out a beam saber.
 
The large ship comes into view; it has a pointed tip, with a powerful beam cannon in it, and is shaped like an arrow-head. On the points on the sides, it has two ovals on it, hiding lohengrin blaster cannon, and extra thrusters. On the top of the slanted sides of the ship, it has 2 sets of large Igelstullungs, as well as another pair on the bottom. Attached to the two lohengrins at the bottom, is a long and thin half circle, with a hole in the front of it.
 
“That's it! The Misk class ship with a built in sonic disrupter!” exclaims Nicol.
 
The hatches on the side and back of the ship open, letting out a plethora of GuAIZs and Windams.
 
Unomo takes out both of his beam sabers, and fights off both a Windam with a beam saber, and a GuAIZ. He blocks a shot from the Windam, and turns around, but only to find the GuAIZ, which he blocks.He flies away from both mobile suits, and fights the GuAIZ, now using his shield. The Windam sneaks up on him, but at last second, Unomo spots him, and turns around, making a shallow slash across the chest and cockpit. He attacks the GuAIZ, but the GuAIZ pulls out a beam rifle, and blasts at him, but he blocks with his shield, though he is pushed back a bit. He puts his beam saber away, and takes out his beam rifle. It's a duel of the beam rifles until Unomo lands a lucky shot that grazes the head, which stuns the pilot momentarily, and that's enough time for Unomo to destroy it.
 
Hari dodges an attack from a GuAIZ, and stabs the beam saber into its leg. It moves away from her clumsily, and takes out a beam rifle. It fires at her with it and the CIWS, but she shields herself from some, and dodges the others. She goes back up, and kicks the GuAIZ in the stomach and right after, plunging the beam saber through the chest. Another two Windams attack her, but she uses her beam rifle to keep them back. They split up, going in opposite directions, so she keeps tabs on one of them, and eventually snipes down the other. She turns around to find the other one gone, but is suddenly grabbed from behind. She shakes of her attacker, the other Windam, and blasts it through the chest.
 
Kiru slashes at a Windam, forcing it backwards even though it blocked, He attacks again, cutting its shoulder shallowly, forcing the arm holding a shield to drop it. He attacks again, but is blocked, and the Windam slashes, also cutting the shoulder shallowly, as Kiru attacks again, faking it out with a slash with the beam saber, easily blocked, but then punching it in the head. He attacks it again with the beam saber, but it flies behind him, and attempts to kick Kiru, but he flies to the side, and sticks the beam the beam saber into the back of the Windam. A GuAIZ attacks him with its beam rifle, and the shoulder in injured, so Kiru decides to use the beam sniper, for accuracy. He pulls a visor-like targeting system over his head, and when he locks on, fires, and destroys it in a few shots.
 
Valkus flies over a few machines and drops bombs on them, destroying a few, and injuring others. A Windam he injured attacks with a beam saber, so Valkus tries to shake him, but fails. He unexpectedly stops and flies backwards, so he's behind the Windam. He destroys it with his beam cannon. Another damaged GuAIZ attacks him, but Valkus dodges its beam claws and attacks back. The GuAIZ shield's itself, and attacks again, with its beam rifle, flying towards Valkus. It reaches Valkus, it tries to spear him, but he goes over it, and launches a missile, destroying it.
 
“Hm….this isn't looking good…” says the commander of a ZAFT ship, who is in the bridge along with officers, Yzak and Kufa.
 
“We'll launch then.”
 
The back of the Misk-class ship opens, and the Duel v.2 and the custom blue Strike Dagger launch.
 
“It's them!” exclaims Nicol, alerting everyone to their presence.
 
Immediately, Hari and Unomo go up to Kufa's Strike Dagger, and attack it. Even though Kufa only has 1 beam saber, and each of them are using both of them, she's holding her own. She blocks some attacks by Hari, and kicks Unomo before he can attack. She pulls back briefly, to collect a shield and a beam rifle from a fallen GuAIZ. She extends the beam claws on the shield, and fires the beam rifle at Unomo. He shields himself, and fires back, however, Kufa shields herself, while advancing. Kufa dances her way inbetween the shots Unomo and Hari are firing. She comes up close, and attacks Unomo, however he blocks with both of his beam sabers. Hari attacks from the side, which forces Kufa to fly back, so she can keep her eyes on both of them.
 
The Duel Gundam flies towards Valkus and Kiru, however, they both dodge to the sides, and fire at him. Some shots make contact with the right leg; however they don't do much damage. Yzak moves into to attack with his beam sabers, only to be blocked by Kiru and shot at by Valkus. He backs up, and blasts at Valkus, who dodges them until Kiru stabs his beam saber into the beam rifle Yzak was using, damaging both Gundams. Yzak flies back a bit, angry, and charges at Kiru with a beam saber. Kiru blocks with his own beam saber, and receives a kick in the sides for his troubles, damaging the Sonic a little. Valkus drops a bomb, hoping to destroy, or at least damage the Duel, but Yzak sees it on the radar, and destroys it with the igelstellungs in the head.
 
The captain of the Misk class ship sees the situation going badly, as the Archwarrior destroys several incoming Windams, and orders a retreat.
 
“Darn it…” mutters Yzak.
 
“All this means is we live,” says Kufa, not caringly.
 
“Should we go after them?” asks Unomo.
 
“No. We still need to get to the rendezvous point,” answers Captain Izumi, “Return to the ship so we can leave.”
 
“Yeah, and the Sonic needs a bit of repairs,” comments Kiru.
 
“That wouldn't have happened if I was the pilot of the Sonic still,” says Valkus
 
“Shut-up.”
 
Over at the Archangel, the ship was almost at Cacatee, but some Earth Alliance ships were following them, with more waiting at Cacatee…
 
“We're about 1 minute away from Cacatee,” announces Captain Izumi.
 
A large blast comes from the Cacatee area, and shakes the ship, even though it misses the ship.
 
“What was that!?” exclaims Ryo, echoing everyone's thoughts on it.
 
“There's intense battling in the Cacatee stratosphere!” announces an officer, “Scans show that Earth Forces are attacking the Archangel!”
 
“Prepare for battle!”
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam launch!”
 
“Skygrasper, taking off!”
 
“M1-Astray, gotta go,” says Hari as she winks at the camera.
 
“M1-Astray, outta here.”
 
The Freedom Gundam slashes off a Strike Dagger's head off with a double sided beam saber, before slashing another's limbs off. Kira takes out his beam rifle, and moves around, shooting off limbs or heads of various grunt units.
 
Athrun, in a rebuilt Justice Gundam, throws a beam boomerang, disabling a Strike Dagger, before stabbing another in the leg with the same type of beam saber Kira uses. He blocks an attack from it, and finishes it off with a slash from the beam saber.
 
Dearka, using the Buster Gundam, blasts through a Strike Dagger, using the combined gun launcher and energy rifle. He launches missile pods, destroys another one.
 
“…This…is tiring” says Athrun.
 
“Agreed,” says Kira.
 
On the scene, the Archwarrior fires the Lohengrins, destroying more than a few mobile suits; while the mobile suits attack the few Strike Daggers brave enough to approach the Archwarrior.
 
Kiru evades a blast from a beam rifle and the CIWS of a Strike Dagger, which moves up to the Sonic Gundam for hand to hand combat. Kiru attacks with his beam saber, but he's blocked by a shield, and almost stabbed in the shoulder, but he avoids it by flying to the side. He hits the Strike Dagger in the head with his own shield, and thrusts the beam saber into it, making it explode. A Buster Dagger (Yes, those exist) fires at Kiru with its combining gun, and fires again after the first shot misses, Kiru fires at it his beam rifle, and gets a direct hit….
 
…But it isn't destroyed.
 
“What?!” exclaims Kiru.
 
“It has armor that protects it from beam weaponry, which is most of your weaponry,” says Captain Izumi.
 
“Look out!” shouts Nicol as the Buster Dagger comes at Kiru, with both of its beam sabers.
 
“What? Gah!” says Kiru as he notices the Buster Dagger coming at him, and barely deflects the attack with his shield. He slips under some missiles fired at him, and punches the Buster Dagger in the side. He moves to the right to avoid the beam saber, and punches it again, this time in the head.
 
“I'm open to suggestions on how to destroy this thing,” mentions Kiru.
 
“Let me do it…” says Valkus before firing at its back and leg, heavily damaging it, but not destroying it. In a last ditch effort, it fires at Valkus again, but he dodges it, and destroys it with his machine cannons.
 
Hari and Unomo are attacking other unusual mobile suits, the CGUE DEEP Arms, and a prototype of the other dagger units, the Dagger. Hari slashes at the CGUE DEEP Arms with her beam sabers, making minor hits due to its big size, but the DEEP Arms is blocking most of the attacks with its laser sword, and fires at Hari with the thermal cannons, but misses due to the speed of the M1-Astray. Hari attacks again, with her beam rifle, and manages to destroy one of the thermal cannons. She locks beam sabers with it again, but destroys it this time, by pushing herself a bit away, and blasting it with the beam rifle.
 
Unomo attacks the dagger with his beam rifle, but has his shots evaded, and is attacked from a machine gun of the Dagger. The Dagger goes up to him and attacks with the beam saber. Unomo avoids it, and kicks the enemy in the leg, and blasts off its right arm with his beam rifle. The Dagger attacks again, firing a machine gun, but Unomo shields himself from it, even though he gets hit in the leg a few times, and finishes it off with his beam rifle.
 
“Hm….this isn't going well….” Mutters the captain of the Misk, after seeing a Buster Dagger blast through a GuAIZ, “Prepare to fire the Querty beam!” he announces.
 
“Querty ready to find!” announces an officer.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
The large, thin, thick half circle on the bottom separates into 2 parts, and a large beam forms through the holes in it. It somehow forms a jagged tip, like a beam saber, and the back part pulls back more, extending it. The back part suddenly flies to the front part, reconnecting it, as the beam flies through several Earth Forces units.
 
“What?” asks Valkus as the Duel Dagger (they exist also) he was fighting is blasted through by the beam launched from Misk.
 
“It's a powerful beam weapon on the new ship. It was still in development phase when I got the data though. There's no way it should way it should be ready now!” exclaims Nicol worriedly.
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
When fighting new powerful ships, the Orb forces must find a weak spot. But what happens when more mobile suits launch? Next Time: Phase 12, Troubles Abound!
 
I know what you're thinking, and you're thinking, “Gasp, an update!” or something similar. Yep, after procrastinating for three months, I've finished the next chapter, and this one clocks in at just over 3,000 words. As I said before, thanks to Far-Fetched Imagine for beta-ing this chapter. And since we're in the home stretch, if you leave a review, could you please list your 3 favorite characters, and you 2 least favorites. Oh, and there is a chance I will cancel the small prequel about Hari, Unomo, and Kufa, since it would be the generic story of people signing up for the military.